Touchstone Wireless

Touchstone Wireless Employer Reviews

Quality Control
-- (Former Employee), --October 10, 2014
Pros: --
Cons: --
Not a terrible job. But Very Mountainous. QC'd and cleaned phones all day. Nothing really to say but, some of the teammate conversations were very colorful. Good team building in this position.
A manufacturing environment
Flasher RF Tester (Former Employee), Bristol, VASeptember 26, 2014
A typical day consisted of flashing and testing calling capabilities of returned older cell phones. I learned how software works with cell phones and how the programming gives the phone factory settings. Management I worked with the Engineer and he was most helpful in teaching me what I needed to know to excel at my job. Coworkers were understanding – more... and we all had tasks to complete but if one finished early a helping hand was available. The hardest part was when the programming systems crashed. The most enjoyable working at a pace to complete my work and the acknowledgement from the 2nd shift supervisor upon a task completed he wouldn't haven't to assign. – less
Growing Company with a lot of opportunity.
Production Lead (Former Employee), Bristol, TNSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: complete learning evironment with good management
Cons: strict point system, easy to get terminated if you miss very little.
Touchstone Wireless was a company that invested time into training the staff and providing them with the tools needed to perform the job correctly. They closed down the facility that I was employed at, although I had to separate myself from the company due to life situations at the time.
typical factory work invironment
Cell phone Tech & Phone Runner (Former Employee), Bristol TNAugust 11, 2014
I enjoyed repairing cell phones & seeing what goes into them, however it was your typical factory work environment & I prefer the professional office environment
Diversed company structure
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Ft Worth, TXMay 5, 2014
Pros: short distance to work
Cons: stressful work enviroment
How many years of experience in the following:

New Product Intro Support

Process Improvement/Lean Manufacturing

AutoCad

Solid Works

QA/Standard Work Instruction Development

Fabrication Support

Microsoft Excel

Microsoft Project

What is your current (or last) salary?

What are your compensation expectations?
Wonderful Place to work good work environment
Process Analyst and Auditor (Former Employee), Bristol, TNApril 17, 2014
Great place to work, wonderful people and learned a lot from working here.
Decent workplace but horrible working environment
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 9, 2014
A typical day at work is easy work with a lot of miss-communication between management and employees. Decent pay with positive coworkers. The job was not hard at all and the best part of the job was being fed free food by the company for working last minute overtime hours.
Enjoyable work environment, good people, so,so pay and benefits
Level 3 Cellular Technician (Former Employee), Bristol, TNAugust 27, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: draconian, ever changing, attendance policy.
A typical day was 8 to 10 hours of repair and assembly of cell phones, fine soldering, new hire assessment and occasional training.

I learned to solder, basic electronics troubleshooting, and how to work as a part of a larger workplace.

Management mostly promoted from within the company and was a great bunch of people to work for.

Co-workers came – more... and went at a sometimes alarming rate, but the ones who stuck it out were the best of the best.

The hardest part of the job was maintaining focus toward the end of a 55-60 hour week.

The most enjoyable part of the job was watching someone you trained move up through the company and know you helped steer their early days. – less
Stressful work environment, low pay, Type x management style.
Cell Phone Technician (Former Employee), Bristol, TNAugust 9, 2013
Pros: decent physical environment to work in
Cons: very demanding production requirement.
Touchstone is no longer in business. Was bought out by Brightpoint and facilities were moved to other locations.
fun
quality control (Former Employee), Bristol, TNAugust 6, 2013
checked phones and made sure they worked before shipping. had a production number that had to meet on a dailybasis
Great place but was bad for laying off
Asset Management (Former Employee), Bristol, TNAugust 5, 2013
Pros: people, factory job
Cons: lay-offs
I cleared data from cell phones.
I learned more about the software of cell phones.
The management was always helpful.
Great people but was usually to busy to really get to know each other.
The lay-offs were ridiculous, every two-three months.
Productive and fun place.
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2013
The same routine basically every work day, clock in get set up to start receiving in product. I learned how to make labels on the computer and i got more experience using excel. My co-workers came from all over the word so i got to interact with lots of people. the most enjoyable part of the job was when had luncheons.
Not Available
Phone Technician (Former Employee), Bristol, VAJune 9, 2013
Pros: not available
Cons: not available
It was a good place to work at until it shut down,
Very friendly place with lots of job placements
great job
QC (Former Employee), Bristol, TNMarch 6, 2013
took care of the elderly, bathe, feeds, vital signs,computer charting
that they sold out.
Cell Phone Technician (Former Employee), Bristol, TNMarch 1, 2013
the new company that bought them out told us that they would not close and then 3 months later announced a closing.
The job was productive and a fun work place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 13, 2013
The hardest part about the job I had to make so many cell phone boxes at a time. I had to do a least 600 a day, & I was on a time limit. The most enjoyable part of the job was team work, working with one of my employers together. I learned to work at a face pace with only break between times.
great people
Receiving clerk (Former Employee), Bristol, TNJanuary 8, 2013
great pay, good people. easy work but management lacked the ability to run it effeciently
Good company
Exceptions Clerk.- Exceptions Department (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 30, 2012
Pros: if you can keep up with your work, you'll be ready to move upscale
Cons: tedious work, fast paced, strict attendance policy. i did not like the pay, i knew only one lead with a bad attitude, but it's okay
A real enjoyable workplace where everybody feel comfortable with everybody. Well organized overall, with room for advancement for everyone who deserves it.
My job involved working at the computer all day, making researches on products, updating informations. I had a good Mgr, a nice lady very knowlegeable and suportive. It made the stressful work more – more... manageable and built a strong teamwork. – less
Review
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), 4500 Cambridge Road,Fortworth,Tx .August 6, 2012
Touchstone Wireless was a good company to work.i liked the atmosphere.supervisors keeps a good relationship with all staffs.i worked there only two months.I wanted to go to INDIA at that time.my co workers gave me a very good farewell party too.
fast pace detailed work
Inventory control clerk (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 22, 2012
Pros: they used me in a multitide of positions
Cons: time clock issues. were not very good with breaks
Ordering and Shipping of cellular phone parts. Training of new personnel. Implementation of new company policies to maintain the highest level of customer service and support.
Part of the shipping receiving team. Was placed in charge of the electrical devices team to ensure the technicians received the required parts in a fast and timely manner. Nightly – more... data entry of time sensitive material . Clerical and filing duties . – less