Touchstone Wireless Employee Reviews

Out of Business
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 10, 2016
This job is out of business, but it is the best place i have ever worked! It was a family owned company and they treated their employees as one of their own.
fun to work enviroment
Quality Control Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNAugust 25, 2015
fast speed work environment, multi task, great employees. Good communication, great upper management. two breaks plus lunch. Opportunity to move up in company.
A manufacturing environment
Flasher RF Tester (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VASeptember 26, 2014
A typical day consisted of flashing and testing calling capabilities of returned older cell phones. I learned how software works with cell phones and how the programming gives the phone factory settings. Management I worked with the Engineer and he was most helpful in teaching me what I needed to know to excel at my job. Coworkers were understanding and we all had tasks to complete but if one finished early a helping hand was available. The hardest part was when the programming systems crashed. The most enjoyable working at a pace to complete my work and the acknowledgement from the 2nd shift supervisor upon a task completed he wouldn't haven't to assign.
Enjoyable work environment, good people, so,so pay and benefits
Level 3 Cellular Technician (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNAugust 27, 2013
A typical day was 8 to 10 hours of repair and assembly of cell phones, fine soldering, new hire assessment and occasional training.

I learned to solder, basic electronics troubleshooting, and how to work as a part of a larger workplace.

Management mostly promoted from within the company and was a great bunch of people to work for.

Co-workers came and went at a sometimes alarming rate, but the ones who stuck it out were the best of the best.

The hardest part of the job was maintaining focus toward the end of a 55-60 hour week.

The most enjoyable part of the job was watching someone you trained move up through the company and know you helped steer their early days.
Pros
good people
Cons
draconian, ever changing, attendance policy.
technology wireless cell phone job
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNJune 1, 2015
easy job to understand and learn, great full time and over time hours but company lead to mistakes that cost a lot of jobs lost at the bristol, va location.
Pros
great over time hours
Cons
bad management.
Good company
Exceptions Clerk.- Exceptions Department (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 30, 2012
A real enjoyable workplace where everybody feel comfortable with everybody. Well organized overall, with room for advancement for everyone who deserves it.
My job involved working at the computer all day, making researches on products, updating informations. I had a good Mgr, a nice lady very knowlegeable and suportive. It made the stressful work more manageable and built a strong teamwork.
Pros
if you can keep up with your work, you'll be ready to move upscale
Cons
tedious work, fast paced, strict attendance policy. i did not like the pay, i knew only one lead with a bad attitude, but it's okay
productive and fun
Phone Tech/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXFebruary 13, 2012
Good place to work for, just no room for advancement. Management was cool, environment was laid back but productive.
Pros
co-worker interaction
Cons
career advancement
Growing Company with a lot of opportunity.
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNSeptember 11, 2014
Touchstone Wireless was a company that invested time into training the staff and providing them with the tools needed to perform the job correctly. They closed down the facility that I was employed at, although I had to separate myself from the company due to life situations at the time.
Pros
complete learning evironment with good management
Cons
strict point system, easy to get terminated if you miss very little.
Was not a good company
Cellular Phone Refurbishing Associate (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNMarch 19, 2015
Touchstone Wireless had the makings of a great company but slowly went down hill as the years past. By the time the company closed, I was not sorry to see it go.
Cons
management
Diversed company structure
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ft Worth, TXMay 5, 2014
How many years of experience in the following:

New Product Intro Support

Process Improvement/Lean Manufacturing

AutoCad

Solid Works

QA/Standard Work Instruction Development

Fabrication Support

Microsoft Excel

Microsoft Project

What is your current (or last) salary?

What are your compensation expectations?
Pros
short distance to work
Cons
stressful work enviroment
Decent workplace but horrible working environment
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 9, 2014
A typical day at work is easy work with a lot of miss-communication between management and employees. Decent pay with positive coworkers. The job was not hard at all and the best part of the job was being fed free food by the company for working last minute overtime hours.
Employees treated like machines
Inventory control clerk (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TnFebruary 13, 2012
Working for this company was difficult. There was alot of favortism. Promotions were sometimes based on who you knew and not the needed skill set. If you had a problem, there was no confidential place to discuss it.
Pros
paid my bills
Cons
no advancement, no confidential problem resolution, everyone not treated as equals
Great place but was bad for laying off
Asset Management (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNAugust 5, 2013
I cleared data from cell phones.
I learned more about the software of cell phones.
The management was always helpful.
Great people but was usually to busy to really get to know each other.
The lay-offs were ridiculous, every two-three months.
Pros
people, factory job
Cons
lay-offs
Good company
MQE/Asset Management (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJune 17, 2015
I met some wonderful people while working at this company. I also learned quite a bit about cell phones and how to repair them.
fast pace detailed work
Inventory control clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 22, 2012
Ordering and Shipping of cellular phone parts. Training of new personnel. Implementation of new company policies to maintain the highest level of customer service and support.
Part of the shipping receiving team. Was placed in charge of the electrical devices team to ensure the technicians received the required parts in a fast and timely manner. Nightly data entry of time sensitive material . Clerical and filing duties .
Pros
they used me in a multitide of positions
Cons
time clock issues. were not very good with breaks
Receiving & Triage Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNMay 25, 2012
I worked there in a factory setting and checked in phones and did inventory on supplies and phones.
Pros
good schedule
Cons
management
great people
Receiving clerk (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNJanuary 8, 2013
great pay, good people. easy work but management lacked the ability to run it effeciently
Fast Paced Production company
Production Runner/Team Lead- Reviewed (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 30, 2012
My time at Touchstone Wireless/ Brightpoint was a great learning process. I enjoyed my job and at the time of my position i became a mother. I did not have anytime for my family and barely had any days off. I would work 2nd shift and the managers would tell us that we had to work until 1:30am during mid shift. Overtime would happen everyday except Sunday.
Pros
great overtime
Cons
you miss out on a lot of "family time"
sales (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNApril 1, 2015
It was a good place to work except you never knew if you were going to lose your job or not because they had bogus rules for everything.
Productive and fun place.
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2013
The same routine basically every work day, clock in get set up to start receiving in product. I learned how to make labels on the computer and i got more experience using excel. My co-workers came from all over the word so i got to interact with lots of people. the most enjoyable part of the job was when had luncheons.

2.9