Location: Mason, OH (Cincinnati)
Salary Range: Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Full Benefits Package
Type: Full Time
Organization: Touchstone Merchandise Group, LLC.
Reports to: President
Description: The Creative Director is responsible for bringing our clients' brands to life through lifestyle product collections and leading the creative efforts around presentations, one-off projects and marketing initiatives for Touchstone and our branded merchandise clients.
External (Client Facing)
- Manage the processes leading to the creation of best-in-class branded (B2B and B2C) merchandise collections that drive fanaticism and consumer engagement.
- Consistently lead in the delivery best-in-class creative themes, presentations, product artwork (apparel and hard goods), product concepts, packaging, trade-show, brand identity development, e-commerce UI, and strategic design initiatives for branded merchandise clients.
- Bring the DNA of each of our client's brands to life through fresh product experiences.
- Foster relationships between client Marketing and Creative teams to ensure highest level of brand stewardship and compliance.
- Deliver strong mix of creative and business skills with the ability to manage multiple complex projects at the same time.
- Support Touchstone Account Leaders/Field Sales Team with agility and strong communication to identify creative opportunities.
- Dialogue with manufacturers and suppliers to execute product and decoration options for projects.
- Travel 5% of time.
- Drive the Touchstone brand image, tone and feel through all touch points (web/presentation/print/environment).
- Manage marketing efforts including Touchtone websites, social media and print communications.
- Lead, mentor and manage internal multifunctional creative team (Graphic, UI, Photo, Product).
- Support and serve as creative expert within Executive Leadership Team.
- Evangelize the difference design thinking can make in the branded merchandise industry.
- Internally partner to bring fresh approaches to new business development.
- Lead strategic brand thinking exercises and workshops (archetyping, trend analysis, brand storytelling).
- Candidate must have strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Creativity / Problem Solving: Demonstrate creative problem solving ability, including strong conceptual and strategic skills and ability to turn findings into executable product ideas and plans. Self-starter work ethic with a willingness to seek out answers (internally and externally) and provide recommendations with minimal guidance.
- Storytelling and Communication: Inspiring communicator, commanding written and spoken direction with ease. Ability to listen carefully to understand and synthesize information into meaningful messages and stories. Consistently is responsive, thorough and clear with all communications, internally and externally.
- Versatility/Agility: Be able to move seamlessly from internal to external, and strategic to tactical thinking. Works constructively under pressure, responds resourcefully to change and maintains a confident and constructive outlook despite difficulty, frustrations or ambiguity. Stays focused and maintain quality when handling multiple tasks across multiple disciplines at the same time, knowing when to consult with key influencers to help make critical decisions.
- Project Management: Exceptional project management skills with the ability to manage multiple complex projects at the same time. Ability to prioritize internal and external projects with a clear focus on results. Through example and leadership, set the tone for the project team (internal and external) and be accountable.
- 4-year college degree in Graphic, Industrial/Product Design or related field
- 7+ years experience in Graphic, Product or Multi-disciplined design environment.
- Experience in leading a creative team (agency or in-house).
- Product, Fashion, and web retail trend-aware.
- Proven track record of visual-verbal storytelling.
- Strong design, presentation, storyboarding and verbal skills.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote a must. Experience with Basic HTML/CSS, 3D and video production encouraged.
Touchstone is a new type of branded products company. Ranked at #35 of over 20,000 companies, Touchstone is pioneering an entirely new approach to brand promotion and products.
Simply put, we are innovative hybrid that blends an experienced promotional products agency, design studio, think tank and product development group, with a new level of consumer participation. With a focus on Lifestyle Design, we develop products that surround some of the most celebrated brands in the world, including BlackBerry, Chiquita, Progressive, and Dr. Pepper to name a few.
We believe that our approach to Design, Innovation and Engagement are challenging the norms of the promotional products industry to help create more inspired brands. We value thinking beyond the limits, courageous people, and relationships between brands and consumers. If this sounds like the culture you want to be a part of then you need to talk with us.
Touchstone is a new type of branded products company. Ranked at #35 of over 20,000 companies, Touchstone is pioneering an entirely new...