Tourico Holidays Employee Reviews

Review
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 12, 2017
Great company, love all the people and the company culture.
However, the work life balance can be improved since there sometimes actions need to be taken even if it is during one's off time.
Micromanaging at its best
Operations (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 28, 2017
In all departments of this company the workload increases yet the pay stays the same. The turnaround is high so they are always short staffed. Exceptions to policies are made if they like you. If you enjoy being micromanaged you will do great. You could be horrible at your job but if you follow and don't question anything to management you will have a stable job. Most people stay because they respect the owner who is a good man but he unfortunately is not part of the day to day operations and does not know how poorly managed most departments are. Stay clear of Operations, it's the worst by far. Horrible training and zero development provided. Management is the least knowledgeable but they make the changes to procedures making it your daily task very frustrating. The benefits are good but the workload is high and the pay doesn't match it. You only get 3% increase per year no matter how good or bad you do. In my opinion look elsewhere because you will not be happy, if not good luck and hang on.
Pros
Some hospitality perks, good benefits
Cons
Short staffed, not much advancement, horrible managers
Job Review
Client/Specialty Services, Contact Center (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 5, 2016
Greetings,

Please note that a typical day at work is providing service to customers/clients with their reservations via inbound and outbound calls and responding back via emails received. I have learned a lot from working like how are reservations made and resolved when booking through a 3rd party company, resolving issues when the customers are "on the spot", etc. I believe management is very helpful and respectful when I need their assistance. My co-workers are fabulous. They are like my brothers and sisters. The hardest part of the job is trying to resolve issues for customers/clients that have cruise reservations. The most enjoyable part of the job is being around co-workers which are like family and when you work on a service opportunity and get it resolved no matter how long it takes.
Benefits
Cons
Lunch break, days off, and vacation time
Entry Level
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2016
It was an entry level position that was valuable for travel industry knowledge and the ability to travel for work. The work life balance was challenging at times and the compensation wasn't fair compared to the results being brought.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Underpaid
good job easy work load but the calls are constant
specilty services (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 18, 2016
management has zero empathy for the call load and pretty much look as you as a slave to do what has to be done the world load is doable but the calls are back to back constantly and they judge on how long your phone calls take but don't realize to do a good ob takes patience
Pros
good pay
Cons
stressful
Strenuous work environment, poor management, no HR
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 20, 2016
Tourico needs to take classes on how to treat employees better. Was promised a bonus structure that never came for over a year, and constantly put under pressure to work more hours than what I was scheduled (Salary). Time off and a personal life are non existent in this company and HR does nothing for its members for example. They have the culture to rattle the rate cage so I call it. Meetings held at least quarterly where top VP's including CEO, COO will come in and insult/belittle you on job performance and ability to hit unattainable goals. Than toss you back out, in a attempt you will continue to put your head down and work harder to meet them. Save yourself the favor, look else where.
Pros
Business Trips
Cons
Overwork
Lovely place, Great CEO.
Account Prepay Manager/Chargeback Specialist (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 27, 2016
A typical day at work is calling past due customers, making sure that my accounts are paid up. Management is young but are all learning right since, hopefully, with time they will all get better at there new role as a Manager. My co-workers are great to work with, we help one another when need be. The hardest part of my job is trying to fight chargebacks, getting the appropriate paperwork to the bank. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to some of the customer and hearing what a wonderful time they had on there trip/vacation.
Has potential but bogged down by unqualified leadership
product manager (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLDecember 23, 2015
The work itself: fun to do and you meet lots of new people which become connections you can use after leaving.

The Company: treats itself like a startup but has been in the industry for 20 years and has already matured. The growing they advertise is actually dealing with the revolving door of people coming in and out. They are also grossly understaffed and are trying to keep up with the competition by adding new positions.

Supervisors/Management: Barely competent, they took standard product managers and put them into leadership/director positions because there was nobody else left. Being in a position for a year does not qualify you to lead people. My old supervisor used to bad mouth other team members to me during our conversations, who knows what they said about me behind my back.

Training: this part they do very well in, the training program is better than what I experienced at other companies. Nice overview of systems, reporting, negotiations and overall job requirements.

Compensation: Below industry standard, they bring you in at 42K to start and depending on how you do you might get a raise.

Bonus structure is a joke as it never stays the same so you're left wondering what you need to do in order to make more for yourself. Even after getting all the deals you can, it is still up to sales to distribute the product you acquired, that department is even a bigger mess.

Executive Management: open door policy is enforced and you can speak with the higher ups whenever you feel like it. Beware though that your supervisor/director will take offense to you speaking
  more... with the upper management.  less
Pros
Travel discounts
Cons
cut-throat supervisors, compensation, work life balance
family enviroment
Product Development Manager (Current Employee) –  orlandoOctober 20, 2015
I love Tourico Holidays and I Spent 5 years in it and this is my most experience in the USA , very supportive executive team , very fast growing company .
Pros
medical financial, travel
Great place to flourish
Client services agent (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLSeptember 25, 2015
I love working here at Tourico Holidays. They pay well and the benefits are really good. My only only con is work life balance. The job is very demanding and there is a hi level of stress that comes with the territory but hey that's what working does. Honestly would love for there to be 2 offices because Altamonte Springs is far from where I am. Overall it's a great company to work for. Be ready to give it your all. And remember to be passionate. No one wants an employee who's going to have a lackadaisical mindset especially in a field of hospitality. Management and supervisors are great too.
Pros
Great opportunity, passionate, dedicated, progressive
Cons
Work life balance
Company review
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Spring, FLAugust 25, 2015
I haven't work in all of the department but so far all of the managers and workers I work are all nice and work well with one another. The work environment is great and welcoming.

Work life balance is hard.
Pros
Discount in hospitality field
Innovative, driven, expanding.
Director Partnership Marketing (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 5, 2015
Through rapid expansion and multi-global distribution, the innovative drive remains strong, and dedicated employees are rewarded by acquiring the support of leaders.
Great Company
Reservations Administration Senior Agent (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLApril 19, 2015
Great Company to work for. Great location and great benefits. I enjoyed working with Toruico Holidays. All around great atmosphere. Thank You.
Pros
great
Good Place to Work.
Cruise Sales Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 13, 2015
Tourico Holidays was a great place to work but they are more of a Hotel Company than a Cruise outfit. In other words if you career revolves around hotels, IT, litigation etc. this would be a good company to work for.
Pros
Close to my home.
Cons
Not enough investment in other departments aside from hotels.
Overall good, but theres always room for improvement
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLFebruary 26, 2015
Management does not micromanage our department, is always willing to listen to new ideas and consider how they could benefit the company, and care about their employees.

The hardest part of the job is the long hours and lack of communication between our departments

Our team of designers and marketing professionals has always been able to pull together to get projects completed in a timely manner and find solutions to any internal problems.

Favorite parts of the job include having the freedom to make creative decisions, somewhat flexible hours, and opportunities for advancing knowledge through attending conferences & online training. The travel benefits offered to employees are also an extra special perk.
Pros
good travel benefits, volunteer opportunities, good benefits, 401k matching, excellent training program for new employees with travel academy
Cons
often long hours, not a great work-life balance, lack of communication between departments
Challenging but rewarding
Product Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaOctober 21, 2014
Very intense working schedule but the company and the management makes sure that the employees get trained in the best way possible.
The problem with this american company is that its international growth is not being followed by a proper restructuring. The company tries to apply purely american business principles and dynamics to markets that are culturally and professionally very different from the US.
Also the evaluation of the employees is not tailored to the different markets challenges and conditions, and this may prove unfair and unequal in respect to career advancements and bonuses reach.
Overall tha company gives the opportunity to learn a lot about the market it operates in.
Pros
Lot to learn
Very competitive place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLOctober 15, 2014
This company has the best system about traveling I've ever seen. The management, during my time, could be very awkward, but you do have chances to grow
Very productive
Scandinavia Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLAugust 21, 2014
Imagine an MBA program, just it's your job and they pay you.
Great management, make you work hard and earn your bonus.
Co-workers sometimes too honest and assume you don't understand Spanish when speaking in front of you and reporting your performance
50% Travel abroad to Europe - fast paced
Expectations immense, when faced with bleak market forecast.

Nevertheless, one of the best experiences of my life.
Pros
Air miles on their dime, travel
Cons
Hectic, major expectations
Great company undergoing renovation
Product (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 10, 2014
Great and growing company still working on shedding some negative reputation. The "rebranding process" started about a year ago and was needed to help put out some fires and get hotel partners back on board with working with us. This part has not been fun, but I've been successful. The company is very aggressive and demanding. The current infrastructure does not support the current growth, so as a product manager, this is tough and oftentimes causes issues with our suppliers. Things like this that are out of my control, but effect my ability to do my job, is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part is the relationships I've created with my hotel partners and seeing/hearing about my destinations growth and success.
Pros
Superior technology, creative and friendly owners
Cons
Demanding, low pay, lack of team training/education
Fun work place!
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  orlandoJanuary 24, 2014
Co-workers are great!
Best thing about work is to travel.
Great company, great benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tourico Holidays. Our community is ready to answer.

Tourico Holidays Reviews by Location