Tourico Holidays Employee Reviews

Start up company
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 2, 2017
This is a good place to start your career, learn what you need and keep it moving. You don't have one job task based on your title or position you was hired for. You will be required to have multiple hats depending the situation. You will not be compensated for doing multiple task you wont even get recognition. If you are a Salary employee, you are expected to work lots of overtime hours (No Compensation).
Pros
You will learn multiple jobs
Cons
Low compensation, no work personal life balance
Muy buena
Gerente de Ventas (Current Employee) –  orlandoSeptember 15, 2017
Excelente ambiente laboral, companeros de trabajo. Muy Buena tecnologia.
Career Growth & Advancement
International Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLSeptember 7, 2017
I have worked at Tourico Holidays for over 2 years now and I have nothing but good things to say. The company offers a great benefits package, career growth, and has a family like environment.
Pros
Vacation Incentives
Happy Product Manager
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Altamonte SpringsJuly 27, 2017
Every day is different that's one of the best things, I learned so much as I went through the travel academy. 10 weeks of training delivered by the Executives including the CEO. My manager is a coach and a friend so I feel blessed. I have made and met some of my best friends working at Tourico. Hardest part of my job is balancing the travel with the regular job. Not sure if the role diversity or the people that I work with is the best part but they are both amazing.
Pros
Healthcare, Colleagues, Travel Discounts
Fun workplace but high KPI pressure
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 15, 2017
50% of travel, could be a lot of fun traveling to different destinations and attend travel exhibitions;
Awesome annual party;
Low job security, could be told to leave any day without any notice in advance;
High KPI pressure, heavy workload, long work hours;
Higher management could be very nice and wish to hear employees' opinions, a lot of pressure would be given by line managers.
Review
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 12, 2017
Great company, love all the people and the company culture.
However, the work life balance can be improved since there sometimes actions need to be taken even if it is during one's off time.
Micromanaging at its best
Operations (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 28, 2017
In all departments of this company the workload increases yet the pay stays the same. The turnaround is high so they are always short staffed. Exceptions to policies are made if they like you. If you enjoy being micromanaged you will do great. You could be horrible at your job but if you follow and don't question anything to management you will have a stable job. Most people stay because they respect the owner who is a good man but he unfortunately is not part of the day to day operations and does not know how poorly managed most departments are. Stay clear of Operations, it's the worst by far. Horrible training and zero development provided. Management is the least knowledgeable but they make the changes to procedures making it your daily task very frustrating. The benefits are good but the workload is high and the pay doesn't match it. You only get 3% increase per year no matter how good or bad you do. In my opinion look elsewhere because you will not be happy, if not good luck and hang on.
Pros
Some hospitality perks, good benefits
Cons
Short staffed, not much advancement, horrible managers
Busy Enviroment
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLNovember 9, 2016
It is an extremely busy environment the benefits of the company are excellent but moving within the company is very difficult. Overall the best part of the job is the people that you start to develop relationships with over the phone who call on a regular basis for assistance.
Job Review
Client/Specialty Services, Contact Center (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 5, 2016
Greetings,

Please note that a typical day at work is providing service to customers/clients with their reservations via inbound and outbound calls and responding back via emails received. I have learned a lot from working like how are reservations made and resolved when booking through a 3rd party company, resolving issues when the customers are "on the spot", etc. I believe management is very helpful and respectful when I need their assistance. My co-workers are fabulous. They are like my brothers and sisters. The hardest part of the job is trying to resolve issues for customers/clients that have cruise reservations. The most enjoyable part of the job is being around co-workers which are like family and when you work on a service opportunity and get it resolved no matter how long it takes.
Benefits
Cons
Lunch break, days off, and vacation time
Entry Level
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2016
It was an entry level position that was valuable for travel industry knowledge and the ability to travel for work. The work life balance was challenging at times and the compensation wasn't fair compared to the results being brought.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Underpaid
good job easy work load but the calls are constant
specilty services (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 18, 2016
management has zero empathy for the call load and pretty much look as you as a slave to do what has to be done the world load is doable but the calls are back to back constantly and they judge on how long your phone calls take but don't realize to do a good ob takes patience
Pros
good pay
Cons
stressful
Strenuous work environment, poor management, no HR
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 20, 2016
Tourico needs to take classes on how to treat employees better. Was promised a bonus structure that never came for over a year, and constantly put under pressure to work more hours than what I was scheduled (Salary). Time off and a personal life are non existent in this company and HR does nothing for its members for example. They have the culture to rattle the rate cage so I call it. Meetings held at least quarterly where top VP's including CEO, COO will come in and insult/belittle you on job performance and ability to hit unattainable goals. Than toss you back out, in a attempt you will continue to put your head down and work harder to meet them. Save yourself the favor, look else where.
Pros
Business Trips
Cons
Overwork
Lovely place, Great CEO.
Account Prepay Manager/Chargeback Specialist (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 27, 2016
A typical day at work is calling past due customers, making sure that my accounts are paid up. Management is young but are all learning right since, hopefully, with time they will all get better at there new role as a Manager. My co-workers are great to work with, we help one another when need be. The hardest part of my job is trying to fight chargebacks, getting the appropriate paperwork to the bank. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to some of the customer and hearing what a wonderful time they had on there trip/vacation.
Has potential but bogged down by unqualified leadership
product manager (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLDecember 23, 2015
The work itself: fun to do and you meet lots of new people which become connections you can use after leaving.

The Company: treats itself like a startup but has been in the industry for 20 years and has already matured. The growing they advertise is actually dealing with the revolving door of people coming in and out. They are also grossly understaffed and are trying to keep up with the competition by adding new positions.

Supervisors/Management: Barely competent, they took standard product managers and put them into leadership/director positions because there was nobody else left. Being in a position for a year does not qualify you to lead people. My old supervisor used to bad mouth other team members to me during our conversations, who knows what they said about me behind my back.

Training: this part they do very well in, the training program is better than what I experienced at other companies. Nice overview of systems, reporting, negotiations and overall job requirements.

Compensation: Below industry standard, they bring you in at 42K to start and depending on how you do you might get a raise.

Bonus structure is a joke as it never stays the same so you're left wondering what you need to do in order to make more for yourself. Even after getting all the deals you can, it is still up to sales to distribute the product you acquired, that department is even a bigger mess.

Executive Management: open door policy is enforced and you can speak with the higher ups whenever you feel like it. Beware though that your supervisor/director will take offense to you speaking
  more... with the upper management.  less
Pros
Travel discounts
Cons
cut-throat supervisors, compensation, work life balance
family enviroment
Product Development Manager (Current Employee) –  orlandoOctober 20, 2015
I love Tourico Holidays and I Spent 5 years in it and this is my most experience in the USA , very supportive executive team , very fast growing company .
Pros
medical financial, travel
Great place to flourish
Client services agent (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLSeptember 25, 2015
I love working here at Tourico Holidays. They pay well and the benefits are really good. My only only con is work life balance. The job is very demanding and there is a hi level of stress that comes with the territory but hey that's what working does. Honestly would love for there to be 2 offices because Altamonte Springs is far from where I am. Overall it's a great company to work for. Be ready to give it your all. And remember to be passionate. No one wants an employee who's going to have a lackadaisical mindset especially in a field of hospitality. Management and supervisors are great too.
Pros
Great opportunity, passionate, dedicated, progressive
Cons
Work life balance
Company review
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Spring, FLAugust 25, 2015
I haven't work in all of the department but so far all of the managers and workers I work are all nice and work well with one another. The work environment is great and welcoming.

Work life balance is hard.
Pros
Discount in hospitality field
Innovative, driven, expanding.
Director Partnership Marketing (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 5, 2015
Through rapid expansion and multi-global distribution, the innovative drive remains strong, and dedicated employees are rewarded by acquiring the support of leaders.
Great Company
Reservations Administration Senior Agent (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLApril 19, 2015
Great Company to work for. Great location and great benefits. I enjoyed working with Toruico Holidays. All around great atmosphere. Thank You.
Pros
great
Good Place to Work.
Cruise Sales Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 13, 2015
Tourico Holidays was a great place to work but they are more of a Hotel Company than a Cruise outfit. In other words if you career revolves around hotels, IT, litigation etc. this would be a good company to work for.
Pros
Close to my home.
Cons
Not enough investment in other departments aside from hotels.