Tourico Holidays Employee Reviews

Has potential but bogged down by unqualified leadership
product manager (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLDecember 23, 2015
The work itself: fun to do and you meet lots of new people which become connections you can use after leaving.

The Company: treats itself like a startup but has been in the industry for 20 years and has already matured. The growing they advertise is actually dealing with the revolving door of people coming in and out. They are also grossly understaffed and are trying to keep up with the competition by adding new positions.

Supervisors/Management: Barely competent, they took standard product managers and put them into leadership/director positions because there was nobody else left. Being in a position for a year does not qualify you to lead people. My old supervisor used to bad mouth other team members to me during our conversations, who knows what they said about me behind my back.

Training: this part they do very well in, the training program is better than what I experienced at other companies. Nice overview of systems, reporting, negotiations and overall job requirements.

Compensation: Below industry standard, they bring you in at 42K to start and depending on how you do you might get a raise.

Bonus structure is a joke as it never stays the same so you're left wondering what you need to do in order to make more for yourself. Even after getting all the deals you can, it is still up to sales to distribute the product you acquired, that department is even a bigger mess.

Executive Management: open door policy is enforced and you can speak with the higher ups whenever you feel like it. Beware though that your supervisor/director will take offense to you speaking
  more... with the upper management.  less
Pros
Travel discounts
Cons
cut-throat supervisors, compensation, work life balance
Overall good, but theres always room for improvement
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLFebruary 26, 2015
Management does not micromanage our department, is always willing to listen to new ideas and consider how they could benefit the company, and care about their employees.

The hardest part of the job is the long hours and lack of communication between our departments

Our team of designers and marketing professionals has always been able to pull together to get projects completed in a timely manner and find solutions to any internal problems.

Favorite parts of the job include having the freedom to make creative decisions, somewhat flexible hours, and opportunities for advancing knowledge through attending conferences & online training. The travel benefits offered to employees are also an extra special perk.
Pros
good travel benefits, volunteer opportunities, good benefits, 401k matching, excellent training program for new employees with travel academy
Cons
often long hours, not a great work-life balance, lack of communication between departments
Great company undergoing renovation
Product (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 10, 2014
Great and growing company still working on shedding some negative reputation. The "rebranding process" started about a year ago and was needed to help put out some fires and get hotel partners back on board with working with us. This part has not been fun, but I've been successful. The company is very aggressive and demanding. The current infrastructure does not support the current growth, so as a product manager, this is tough and oftentimes causes issues with our suppliers. Things like this that are out of my control, but effect my ability to do my job, is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part is the relationships I've created with my hotel partners and seeing/hearing about my destinations growth and success.
Pros
superior technology, creative and friendly owners
Cons
demanding, low pay, lack of team training/education
Challenging but rewarding
Product Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaOctober 21, 2014
Very intense working schedule but the company and the management makes sure that the employees get trained in the best way possible.
The problem with this american company is that its international growth is not being followed by a proper restructuring. The company tries to apply purely american business principles and dynamics to markets that are culturally and professionally very different from the US.
Also the evaluation of the employees is not tailored to the different markets challenges and conditions, and this may prove unfair and unequal in respect to career advancements and bonuses reach.
Overall tha company gives the opportunity to learn a lot about the market it operates in.
Pros
lot to learn
Great place to flourish
Client services agent (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLSeptember 25, 2015
I love working here at Tourico Holidays. They pay well and the benefits are really good. My only only con is work life balance. The job is very demanding and there is a hi level of stress that comes with the territory but hey that's what working does. Honestly would love for there to be 2 offices because Altamonte Springs is far from where I am. Overall it's a great company to work for. Be ready to give it your all. And remember to be passionate. No one wants an employee who's going to have a lackadaisical mindset especially in a field of hospitality. Management and supervisors are great too.
Pros
Great opportunity, passionate, dedicated, progressive
Cons
Work life balance
Tedious, poor department communication, travel
support (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FloridaJanuary 23, 2013
Most of the job is based around answering emails and servicing clients. Since the company is established internationally, there are chances to travel occasionally for department training or meeting clients. Some employees will travel regularly due to their roles.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the deprecated technology.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the employees and the ability to travel.
Pros
benefits, long lunch, co-workers
Cons
management, communication, technology, company software
Great cultural environment
Supplier Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 28, 2013
Fast paced environment with constant challenges to overcome. The day was always unpredictable and that made the job exciting, although stressful at times. Being the supervisor i had to be always ready for quick decisions that would balance making the customers happy and minimizing the company loss.
I had the privilege to work with people from all over the world and experience different cultures. The best part of working for me was the traveling experience.
Very productive
Scandinavia Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLAugust 21, 2014
Imagine an MBA program, just it's your job and they pay you.
Great management, make you work hard and earn your bonus.
Co-workers sometimes too honest and assume you don't understand Spanish when speaking in front of you and reporting your performance
50% Travel abroad to Europe - fast paced
Expectations immense, when faced with bleak market forecast.

Nevertheless, one of the best experiences of my life.
Pros
air miles on their dime, travel
Cons
hectic, major expectations
Limited Opportunity
Group Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Groups DepartmentOctober 12, 2012
Despite management being aware of the 7 filed complaints from several departments about my Supervisor. Unfortunately, the morale was very poor due to her nature & with very limited transfer options - HR and I worked together to find parting to be the best option.
Pros
passion, coworkers & accessibility
Cons
corruption, morale & closed doors
Good Place to Work.
Cruise Sales Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 13, 2015
Tourico Holidays was a great place to work but they are more of a Hotel Company than a Cruise outfit. In other words if you career revolves around hotels, IT, litigation etc. this would be a good company to work for.
Pros
Close to my home.
Cons
Not enough investment in other departments aside from hotels.
If your friendly, stay away!
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs FloridaJuly 8, 2013
Only lunch break given, not everyone is easy to get along with, there are clicks, if you don't fit in they will let you go, they let me go (along with 39 others) right after Christmas and I worked the weekend for them.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
clicks and will be let go easily
Company review
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Spring, FLAugust 25, 2015
I haven't work in all of the department but so far all of the managers and workers I work are all nice and work well with one another. The work environment is great and welcoming.

Work life balance is hard.
Pros
Discount in hospitality field
Innovative, driven, expanding.
Director Partnership Marketing (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 5, 2015
Through rapid expansion and multi-global distribution, the innovative drive remains strong, and dedicated employees are rewarded by acquiring the support of leaders.
family enviroment
Product Development Manager (Current Employee) –  orlandoOctober 20, 2015
I love Tourico Holidays and I Spent 5 years in it and this is my most experience in the USA , very supportive executive team , very fast growing company .
Pros
medical financial, travel
Great Company
Reservations Administration Senior Agent (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLApril 19, 2015
Great Company to work for. Great location and great benefits. I enjoyed working with Toruico Holidays. All around great atmosphere. Thank You.
Pros
great
Very competitive place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLOctober 15, 2014
This company has the best system about traveling I've ever seen. The management, during my time, could be very awkward, but you do have chances to grow
Good
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLOctober 27, 2012
Inbound calls only, The work enviroment is very comfortable and laid back. You must keep at .30% converson on a daily/monthy basic
Fun work place!
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  orlandoJanuary 24, 2014
Co-workers are great!
Best thing about work is to travel.
Great company, great benefits
best place to work
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLDecember 1, 2013
Great staff to work with
easy going environment