611 North Larchmont Boulevard, 1st Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Job Title: Marketing Manager, Tourism Authority of Thailand
Reports to: Director - Tourism Authority of Thailand, Los Angeles Office
Classification: Annual contract, Part-time
Salary range: $60,000 ($5,000 per month)
The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), Los Angeles Office has a vacancy for Marketing Manager/Agent for tourism promotion and related marketing activities within the Western United States. The vacancy is opened to both individuals and firms with the right qualifications specified below.
The Marketing Manager will be the key point of contact for the Tourism Authority of Thailand for all on and offline marketing and advertising programs within the Western United States. These programs include consumer-orientated advertising initiatives in broadcast, print, display, search engine marketing, social media, and cooperative marketing programs. The individual manages trade show appearances, conduct sales calls, generate leads and provides follow-up after all initiatives. A moderate amount of travel will be required both domestically and internationally in order to achieve performance goals.
Job Description for Marketing Manager/Agent
During the period of contract, the Marketing Manager will promote and advance the interests of the Tourism Authority of Thailand and the Kingdom of Thailand in all respects to the following:
1. Enhance the marketing competitiveness of Thailand as a tourism destination within the Western American market.
2. Apply proactive marketing strategies to meet the US tourism arrivals target per year set forth by the Tourism Authority of Thailand headquarters.
3. Develop, implement, and evaluate annual advertising plans aimed at increasing leisure travel to Thailand.
4. Create and present a coherent marketing plan that matches the advertising and PR campaign annually. Manage marketing activities through heavy use of e-marketing.
5. Produce regular market analysis reports.
6. Establish close working relationships and joint promotions with airlines, tourism boards, and tour operators throughout the Western US, as agreed by TAT.
7. To organize, coordinate, and evaluate TAT's participation in tourism exhibitions, trade shows and fairs.
8. To encourage travel agents and other members of the travel industry to become more active in the promotion of Thailand.
9. Build leisure travel business through development and implementation of travel trade marketing programs. Act as the primary contact to travel agents and tour operators.
10. To coordinate and supply tourist information to the travel industry, including regular updates on tourism products.
11. To organize, facilitate, and accompany familiarization groups of travel agents and journalists to Thailand, upon instruction by TAT.
12. To carry out miscellaneous jobs assigned by the TAT Los Angeles Office Director.
This position requires a combination of education and/or experience equal to six years in tourism, hospitality sales, marketing, or public relations. An emphasis will be placed on those who have worked with the promotion of tourism and those who have marketing experience. Demonstrated skills in planning, organization, and effective communication are essential. Previous experience with an advertising agency and/or with media negotiations is helpful.
- Relevant marketing experience including a strong past performance in developing and implementing strategy and marketing plans.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to manage effective relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- A strong team player who is highly motivated and has the ability to set goals and targets for the team.
- Educated to degree level with a qualification in business, marketing, or other relevant disciplines.
- A working knowledge of the travel industry and channels of distribution.
- Experience managing third party agencies.
- Knowledge of Thailand and its tourism products.
If you possess the necessary qualifications and experience in line with the above post, please EMAIL your resume and cover letter to Mrs. Kulpramote Wannalert - Director. No phone calls please.
Salary: 60,000USD ($5,000 per month)
Deadline to apply: April 7, 2013