Tournament Players Club Employee Reviews in United States

Professional and Fast Paced work setting
Food & Beverage / Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 30, 2016
A great setting to learn the skills of team building and implementing different strengths to achieve the same goals. Excellent customer service and quality hospitality to please members, guest, and professional golfers alike.
Pros
Great to meet and bond with the members and their families.
Extreamly organized, fast pased, and demanding
Supervisor of pool and tennis area (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 2, 2016
The TPC is a country club which requires members to pay monthly fees to access the facilities. Due to the large fee and lavish presentation, members often expect immaculate customer service. In order to consistently live up to the high expectations of the customers, it was extremely important for management to be very organized and, "hands on" with their employees. Although this created a stressful working environment, it taught me how to work under pressure and to never lose my composure when something goes wrong.
Poor Management
Former kitchen employee (Former Employee) –  TPC River HighlandsJune 24, 2014
Not a place to advance your career; management does not recognize Executive Chef as an asset to the club; position requires LONG hours and poor leadership from management in general & front of the house. Best part is the members but management doesn't care about them either. Doesn't pay enough as compared to other Chef positions in New England....
Pros
members
Cons
horrible gmanager, lack of staff (you will do everything including make employee meal), not respected as a dept head
DO NOT Work here!
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  TPC RHJune 24, 2014
Do NOT work at this club if you want a good, honest work place! New Management has managed to ruin a beautiful work environment within the first couple weeks of his position. Management holds staff meetings with dip in his mouth, employees drink alcohol on the clock, staff is miserable, Managers come and go as they please, members are unhappy. You will be expected to work 7 days a week without a break. Do yourself a favor and look else where for a club with managers who respect their employees!
Pros
free lunch that you will supply even on your days off!
Cons
new management is terrible, bad employee moral, horrible pay!
It was a whole different world.
Line cook for dinner service (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 7, 2014
It was a simple menu but, it worked for them. The members and staff were amazing to be around.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
ford pulled their contract
Outside Fun
Outside Operations Tech (Former Employee) –  Westwego, LAJanuary 30, 2014
A typical day involved assisting guest to have a fun golf day experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the facility prepare for a large tournament.
It was a part of my family for 12 years
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 9, 2013
I went from the ground up at TPC. I helped build the F&B business to what it is today. I felt very bad at leaving.
Pros
low staff turnover, bringing in new groups, meeting new people daily
Cons
upper management did not understand the f&b side of the business
worked in administration at a GORGEOUS country club
Admin. Asst (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTSeptember 26, 2013
There were many facets to this job, and it was a great way to become a well rounded employee at the Club. I was responsible as an assistant to the General Manager and did many duties from summarizing and writing reports after meetings to helping plan special events to be held at the Club. Great phone and people skills was also a necessity and I screened and intercepted all of the Managers calls.
Pros
free lunches!...and delicious!!
Cons
replacing someone who had been a long-time "cornerstone" at the facility
Fun job, bad management
Wait Staff/Outside Beverage Services (Former Employee) –  Murrells Inlet, SCJuly 31, 2013
Great place to exhibit your personality and provide great customer service. Fun to interact with the golfers, members, and patrons in the restaurant. No real opportunity to advance. Management not concerned about staff at any level.
Fun Times
Cook (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 27, 2012
this company showed me how to operate a business. beside me working in the kitchen, anything that i wanted to know the took the time out to help me understand. the pay was great we often recieved bounses and extra holiday pay. my co-workers made me want to come to work because the environment was filled with laughter while maintaning our assigned duties.