Tournament Players Club

Tournament Players Club Employer Reviews

Poor Management
Former kitchen employee (Former Employee), TPC River HighlandsJune 24, 2014
Pros: members
Cons: horrible gmanager, lack of staff (you will do everything including make employee meal), not respected as a dept head
Not a place to advance your career; management does not recognize Executive Chef as an asset to the club; position requires LONG hours and poor leadership from management in general & front of the house. Best part is the members but management doesn't care about them either. Doesn't pay enough as compared to other Chef positions in New England....
DO NOT Work here!
Former Employee (Former Employee), TPC RHJune 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch that you will supply even on your days off!
Cons: new management is terrible, bad employee moral, horrible pay!
Do NOT work at this club if you want a good, honest work place! New Management has managed to ruin a beautiful work environment within the first couple weeks of his position. Management holds staff meetings with dip in his mouth, employees drink alcohol on the clock, staff is miserable, Managers come and go as they please, members are unhappy. You will – more... be expected to work 7 days a week without a break. Do yourself a favor and look else where for a club with managers who respect their employees! – less
It was a whole different world.
Line cook for dinner service (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: ford pulled their contract
It was a simple menu but, it worked for them. The members and staff were amazing to be around.
Outside Fun
Outside Operations Tech (Former Employee), Westwego, LAJanuary 30, 2014
A typical day involved assisting guest to have a fun golf day experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the facility prepare for a large tournament.
It was a part of my family for 12 years
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 9, 2013
Pros: low staff turnover, bringing in new groups, meeting new people daily
Cons: upper management did not understand the f&b side of the business
I went from the ground up at TPC. I helped build the F&B business to what it is today. I felt very bad at leaving.
worked in administration at a GORGEOUS country club
Admin. Asst (Former Employee), Cromwell, CTSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches!...and delicious!!
Cons: replacing someone who had been a long-time "cornerstone" at the facility
There were many facets to this job, and it was a great way to become a well rounded employee at the Club. I was responsible as an assistant to the General Manager and did many duties from summarizing and writing reports after meetings to helping plan special events to be held at the Club. Great phone and people skills was also a necessity and I screened – more... and intercepted all of the Managers calls. – less
Fun job, bad management
Wait Staff/Outside Beverage Services (Former Employee), Murrells Inlet, SCJuly 31, 2013
Great place to exhibit your personality and provide great customer service. Fun to interact with the golfers, members, and patrons in the restaurant. No real opportunity to advance. Management not concerned about staff at any level.
Fun Times
Cook (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIApril 27, 2012
this company showed me how to operate a business. beside me working in the kitchen, anything that i wanted to know the took the time out to help me understand. the pay was great we often recieved bounses and extra holiday pay. my co-workers made me want to come to work because the environment was filled with laughter while maintaning our assigned duties.