Touro College Employee Reviews

Loved working there.
Lecturer of English and Staff Developer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 11, 2017
Had wonderful supervision for the most part. Freedom was granted to teachers to be creative and interactive. Some choose this approach, others do not. I, for one, loved the atmosphere.
Positive atmosphere
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2017
Touro College a very multi cultural that gives great opportunities for any individual that is willing to be open to learn new and exciting subjects and meeting new individuals around the world. Touro is the place to be - thank you for the great opportunity and begin part of the Touro team.
Pros
Meeting new and exciting people
Cons
Extending summer program to work
Great Internship Experience
Intern, Internal Auditing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2017
A great place to intern. Gives you exposure to multiple facets of auditing and feels like you're part of something important. There was always something to do.
Excellent opportunity to experience becoming a fledgling professor of literature
Adjunct Professor, English Department (Former Employee) –  West 23rd streetMarch 5, 2017
TOURO welcomes High School English teachers a chance to teach Adult Ed. eves. remedial English to students who require enrichment skills in critical analysis of fiction and non-fiction texts. Administrators treat adjuncts with respect and professionalism and trust their teaching skills.
Pros
Excellent opportunity for HS teachers to experience a college teaching career
Cons
Adjunct positions are highly tenuous at best; Adjuncts have NO rights
Exciting place to work
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2017
At Williston Academy teachers had the advantage to explore and learn new things. Working at this company increased my knowledge in different areas of life. Students are highly engaged in extra curricular activities and the parents are highly involved in every step of the learning and fun.
Pros
Not very stressful
Cons
No retirement system
Great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2017
Great place to work in as for a first time graduate. You learn alot about how the business world runs and depending on who your boss is you have room to grow. I was fortunate enough to be apart of the Math department where the chairman taught me alot and was patient with me each and every step of the way.
Pros
My former boss was very patient, understanding and open minded about me pursuing my education while working there full time
Cons
the other departments gossips too much.
Helpful environment
Federal Work-study/Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 20, 2017
Helped teachers, made copies, etc. very polite people with lots of experience. learned values and appreciate the opportunity given to me at that time.
Not so great
Jr. Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2017
Still learned a lot but the culture was backstabbing and not so helpful. I personally got along with most of the people, but I could see the tension in the air as politics took its toll.
Energetic company
Ad (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2017
Great company Great Departments Helpful to all students. Professional workplace. Great Teams.Good Management and eay going typical work load.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
High turnover
Productive and a lot of work
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2017
Busy atmosphere. Management was nice but often time can be confusing on how the want the work to be performed. Co-workers were pleasant and great to work with.
Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2017
Great opportunity for additional side money. Undergraduate Courses: Methodology & Principles in Early Childhood Education, Theories in Learning, Childcare & Advocacy, Psychosocial Foundations of Growth and Development. Introduction to Psychology, Child Development, Psychology II, Chronic Mental Illness and Psychological Disorders
Educational Environment
Administrative Assistant to the Site Director (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 6, 2017
Working at a college is wonderful. You meet many new people. Great staff very supportive staff. Gets a little over whelmed when students come to register for classes.
Cons
short breaks
Work and school
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2017
A typical work day is planned out daily. Every day needed to be scheduled and in order. I learned management skills and how to stay on top of things. I enjoyed my co-workers because they were my professors and was always willing to help me.
okay
PARENT AND COMMUNITY ADVOCATE INTERN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2016
The overall experience was get but not enough compensation fro the work required. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Very pleasing atmosphere and tone
Pros
friendly atmostphere
Cons
pay
Intellectually stimulating
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 6, 2016
My years at Touro College as a library assistant were character building for me. I learned a lot about myself and how colleges work. I learned how to handle stressful situations and learned how to become a professional.
productive fun place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2016
working at touro college was great, my co workers were great. I wish I had more hours per week. the students were also great people.
It was a good experience
Junior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2016
I learned a lot while working with IT department in Touro College.
I gained a lot of subject matter expertise of Project Management issues escalation, team coordination and team communication.
My work experience includes a number of IT Projects at Touro College where I was either the lead or junior Project Manager. The main Projects included gathering and implementing data into new systems and data migration across college-wide systems.
I would gladly accept a position at Touro College in the future.
Pros
Strong team to work with
it was ok
Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYSeptember 17, 2016
Good hours but lots of unrealistic expectation, Overall it was sometimes more than what an employee should be expected to do.I dont have anything else to say about the company. I did my time and thats enough
Admission Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2016
Excellent Team work.I got alone with every student and co-worker. I learned a lot in the time that i was working with touro college.
Pros
No free lunch
Environment is busy during registration. Need more staff.
Assistant Registrar (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2016
School with a very diverse student body.
Processing transcript requests from students, professional organizations and educational institutions.
Management is hierarchal and co-workers strive to meet deadlines.
Hardest part is handling the large volume of student requests.
Enjoyable part is providing support to the the students.
Pros
Getting out at 2pm in observance of Shabbas
Cons
Not enough support staff to assist the registrar.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Touro College. Our community is ready to answer.