Touro Infirmary Employee Reviews in United States

I wouldn't work here again
Patient Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 22, 2016
I really don't want to give a review about this place of employment. The patients made me a happy person. I don't have anything nice to say.
Pros
Nothing to say
Cons
I worked understaffed everyday I worked their.
love this hospital
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 2, 2016
I loved working at Touro. They encouraged me to grow and worked with my schedule when I went back to school to pursue a degree in Respiratory Therapy. I learned many valuable lessons.
Very busywork enviroment
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 29, 2016
Typical day is very busy, constant transcribing and answering the phone. I actually learned more from Memorial Medical Center than Touro. Management to follow the guidelines of "do as I say not as I do." Co-workers are great, everyone helps everyone. The hardest part of the job is having a manager who does not communicate with her employees and who is hardly ever at work. The most enjoyable part of the work is working with my co-workers. They are great and we keep everything running smoothly without the help of your manager.
Pros
walking distance to my home
Cons
Our office manager
not a desireble place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  new orleans, laNovember 16, 2015
horrible experience in the work place horrible management no team player not a desireble place to work pay value was not all that great
I loved working with my patients
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 30, 2015
I loved what I did, and would do it again. Its a family orientated place to work. Everyone I encountered there was nice, and always spoke.
Great schedule, great boss, great co-workers
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 7, 2015
I enjoyed all the jobs I have had at Touro; both as a med-tech in Chemistry and Blood Bank and as a nurse on Post-Partum. Most recently,as a nurse, I loved my schedule--6 nights on, 8 nights off. Pay was good and overtime was allowed. My boss was very considerate of family problems. During the time my husband was dying and when my daughter was pregnant (4 term deliveries, 1 fetal demise at 22 weeks, and one at 33 weeks with bed-rest and hospitalization for several weeks prior to delivery),she helped rearrange my schedule so I could take care of them.
Pros
As a nurse:great boss and fellow workers. Good pay.
Cons
Computer charting; for me (an old-timer) paper charting was much faster
Surgeons and staff are very friendly.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 2, 2015
With 14 operating rooms Touro stays busy.Staff works together to maintain a safe and fast paced work environment to ensure maximum case load and minimum turn over time. Doctors and staff are friendly and work hard. Management tries to accommodate staff and doctors with any needs that have to be met. Call is equally shared and not too demanding.
okay
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 1, 2015
Cool company to work for. Love the discount in the cafe. Okay environment. Promotions form within the hospital. Long days. Computer charting is simple.
Its an ok place if you need a job.
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 4, 2015
I wouldn't recommend anyone to apply in the surgery department. The turnover is so high due to the treatment of employees by the doctors and poor management and leadership skills.
The most enjoyable part of about my job
Scheduling/Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  New OrleansMay 14, 2015
I love my co workers, we get along great and we all have repsect and know how to work together as a team. Overall my job is great I help people everyday and meet alot of people.

I am interested in working from home, I have a lot of knowledge in the medical/dental fields in regards to scheduling, billing, and customer care.

At this point in my career I need a flexible schedule so I can care for my families needs and still provide for my household.
Pros
payroll deduction for certain expenses
Cons
healthcare benefits
Interesting Job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 29, 2015
You interact with some interesting people both as patients and visitors of the hospital. Overall it is a good place to work considering the field.
productive and high past
Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 20, 2015
Touro was very good to work for. I learned how to be more efficient and more organized. Management was great and very helpful, the co-workers where very reliable and resourceful. The hardest part of the job was being around a lot of sick people. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing people walk out doing well.
nice place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 20, 2015
nice place to work
plenty of room to grow
opened alot of doors
Great place that was full of diversity
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 18, 2014
I loved working with so many different ethnicities. This made me feel very comfortable. Even though sometimes people had their differences I always felt that everyone were able to get along with a non-hostile environment.
productive workplace
Billing Specialist Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 15, 2014
A typical day at work was always interesting. i learned new things everyday about billing and different rules and regulations. The management team was very helpful in assisting with any needs i had. My co-workers were really nice. I can relate to all kind of people so it wasn't hard to get along with me. The hardest part of my job was having to battle with the different insurance companies at times. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting kmy job done in a timely manner.
Most professional and great place to work. They really care about all employees
LEAD EKG TECHNICIAN TOURO HOSPITAL (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 8, 2014
Most professional and great place to work. They really care about all employees.
Productive and educating workplace.
ED and Admissions Registrar (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 22, 2014
Great learning environment, mostly fast paced, friendly staff. Flexible shifts, 24 hours of operation.
Pros
great opportunities.
Cons
health care is only in network with physicans that are staffed at touro
Staff (Current Employee) –  AdministrativeMay 31, 2014
Pleasant to work at Touro Infirmary. However, there's no room for advancement if you're not certified in the medical field.
Pros
located near a lot of restaurants
Cons
no room for advancement
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 27, 2014
The typical hours as phlebotomist works can vary widely from location to location. I work front desk as processor & outpatient . I start my day at 4 am end at 12:30. My co-workers are very easily to work with. Enjoyable part of my job is taking care of the patients.
management sucks, HR mgr lies
clerk (Former Employee) –  new orleansFebruary 21, 2014
Record all interactions with HR, always short staffed, not enough experience people work that still care about the patients safety.
Pros
because of alway short staffed there is room for ot on other floors
Cons
clickish management