Touro Infirmary Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Unity Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 18, 2017
Most employees get along like family, you don't mind coming to work nice attitudes sometimes you have a stressful day that is normal on any job. Sometimes you will deal with mean spirited Physicians but that is every now and then.
Pros
often get bucks or recognition
Cons
you can only be late so many times before a write up
Don't waste your time
Registered Nurse/Staff RN (Flex) (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 5, 2017
They truly do not care for their employees or patients. It's all about money. Every change they make causes many hardships for the staff. Not nice environment.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
The Touro Rehabilitation Center staff helps to restore function to individuals with different conditions and physical complications, enabling them to
Histology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 11, 2017
Touro is a center that you will experience patients on a daily basis with different illness and disorders. It's also helps you build a relationship with the patients.
Needs more efficient ED
RN Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 6, 2017
Only cubicles present in ED, high nurse/patient ratio, 4:1, high wait times. Triage nurses were expected to draw blood/run EKG's on patients, too time consuming.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Poor wages
Great Place to work
Manager, Revenue Integrity (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 6, 2017
Great people to work with. I've had the opportunity to work with employees in various department throughout my career at Touro. Everyone is always helpful and respectful.
ok job
H.I.M Tech II Quality Control Tech (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 2, 2017
this is an ok job for entry level positions but almost impossible to move up or transfer for most. hopefully this changes with them now merging with lcmchealth.
Revitalizing and empowering
Physical therapist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 6, 2016
A specialized atmosphere that nurtured all aspects of care, clients and employees. a very flexible schedule assisted with blending home and work life.
It is a productive place to work.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 10, 2016
Since I have been working at Touro I have learned a lot in the medical field. My coworkers have encouraged me to further my education in Nursing. Overall it is a nice and joyous place to work, but the pay isn't very good.
mixed review of management
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 15, 2016
Some managers are great to work with and attentive to employee needs. Others don't give a hoot and allow fights among coworkers.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
little to no opportunity for advancement.
Very messy and stressful environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 29, 2016
Before Hurricane Katrina Touro was the place to work employees were appreciated and it showed it was a nice and friendly place to work after New management took over it became unbearable I used to love going to work however after that soon changed and my only motivation was a pay check sad but true if you do land a job there please keep a work based relationship only!!
Pros
No deductibles on lab work if done at Touro
Cons
Stressful work environment
Transporting patients
Escort patients (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 27, 2016
I would clock in and than log in using the phone. I would spend my day being patients around the hospital for varies of test or procedures. In the evening I would discharge baby and mom and other patients that are going home.
I wouldn't work here again
Patient Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 22, 2016
I really don't want to give a review about this place of employment. The patients made me a happy person. I don't have anything nice to say.
Pros
Nothing to say
Cons
I worked understaffed everyday I worked their.
love this hospital
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 2, 2016
I loved working at Touro. They encouraged me to grow and worked with my schedule when I went back to school to pursue a degree in Respiratory Therapy. I learned many valuable lessons.
a learning experience
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 11, 2016
working at touro infirmary gave me the skills to do better as a sous chef , the management in the kitchen could have been better, but I time spent there was a learning experience.
Very busywork enviroment
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 29, 2016
Typical day is very busy, constant transcribing and answering the phone. I actually learned more from Memorial Medical Center than Touro. Management to follow the guidelines of "do as I say not as I do." Co-workers are great, everyone helps everyone. The hardest part of the job is having a manager who does not communicate with her employees and who is hardly ever at work. The most enjoyable part of the work is working with my co-workers. They are great and we keep everything running smoothly without the help of your manager.
Pros
walking distance to my home
Cons
Our office manager
not a desireble place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  new orleans, laNovember 16, 2015
horrible experience in the work place horrible management no team player not a desireble place to work pay value was not all that great
I loved working with my patients
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 30, 2015
I loved what I did, and would do it again. Its a family orientated place to work. Everyone I encountered there was nice, and always spoke.
Great schedule, great boss, great co-workers
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 7, 2015
I enjoyed all the jobs I have had at Touro; both as a med-tech in Chemistry and Blood Bank and as a nurse on Post-Partum. Most recently,as a nurse, I loved my schedule--6 nights on, 8 nights off. Pay was good and overtime was allowed. My boss was very considerate of family problems. During the time my husband was dying and when my daughter was pregnant (4 term deliveries, 1 fetal demise at 22 weeks, and one at 33 weeks with bed-rest and hospitalization for several weeks prior to delivery),she helped rearrange my schedule so I could take care of them.
Pros
As a nurse:great boss and fellow workers. Good pay.
Cons
Computer charting; for me (an old-timer) paper charting was much faster
Surgeons and staff are very friendly.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 2, 2015
With 14 operating rooms Touro stays busy.Staff works together to maintain a safe and fast paced work environment to ensure maximum case load and minimum turn over time. Doctors and staff are friendly and work hard. Management tries to accommodate staff and doctors with any needs that have to be met. Call is equally shared and not too demanding.
okay
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 1, 2015
Cool company to work for. Love the discount in the cafe. Okay environment. Promotions form within the hospital. Long days. Computer charting is simple.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Touro Infirmary. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8