Touro Infirmary

Touro Infirmary Employer Reviews

Staff (Current Employee), AdministrativeMay 31, 2014
Pros: located near a lot of restaurants
Cons: no room for advancement
Pleasant to work at Touro Infirmary. However, there's no room for advancement if you're not certified in the medical field.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 27, 2014
The typical hours as phlebotomist works can vary widely from location to location. I work front desk as processor & outpatient . I start my day at 4 am end at 12:30. My co-workers are very easily to work with. Enjoyable part of my job is taking care of the patients.
management sucks, HR mgr lies
clerk (Former Employee), new orleansFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: because of alway short staffed there is room for ot on other floors
Cons: clickish management
Record all interactions with HR, always short staffed, not enough experience people work that still care about the patients safety.
Employees ar thought of
ED Admitting Supervisor (Former Employee), New Orleans, LADecember 28, 2013
Average place to work. learned how to manage an office setting
Community conscience and valued
Coordinator Training Revenue Cycle (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 19, 2013
Classroon training of 2 or more new registrars
Update all comprehensive audits for the current montth
Update registration staff to any new processes
Evaluate workflows to continue efficency
I enjoy working with various staff members
Charge Nurse (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 18, 2013
Pros: nurse advocate
Cons: no overtime
For the most part i enjoy working for Touro and taking care of the patient . It a great reward to see patient recover from a serious disease process. The learning experience was remarkable.
Co Workers hard to get along with
Pharmacist (Current Employee), Touro Hospital, New OrleansJune 19, 2013
Pros: you will get a paycheck
Cons: arrogant co-workers and poor management
It's a job and a paycheck, what can I say.. Some of the co-workers are difficult to get along with ,particularly a black female pharmacist from a home infusion pharmacy, thank God she is only part time
Reasonable to work
LPN/CST (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 24, 2013
Management easy to work under. Co-workers well adjusted. The hardest part of the job was navigating the building as there were eleven separate buildings that had been worked into one facility. Similarly there were problems with water pressure
Cool place to work
Staff RN (Current Employee), New Orleans, LaMarch 20, 2013
Pros: approchable managers
Cons: not enough cnas
Overall experience isn't bad. hardest part of the job is coming on the shift with lots of total care patients and no cna to assist with care. most rewarding part is being a nurse, which is rewarding period.
I work with wonderful people and love working in rehab
Department Secretary (Current Employee), New Orleans, LouisianaFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: my tenure here.
Cons: the hours i spend driving to and from work.
I have worked at Touro for 17 years in the outpatient rehab department. I have learned what occupational, physical and speech therapist do on a daily basis with regards to helping patients with many diagnoses.

My day consists of entering all of the inpatient and outpatient charges for OT, PT & ST. I order supplies for all areas, help my supervisor – more... with payroll and help cover the front desk. My duties on a daily basis vary from day to day.

The outcome for most patients is unbelievable.

I have a wonderful supervisor whom I have worked with since the day I started.

The hardest part of my job is having to travel approximately 4 hours every day. I have not received a raise in 5 years and feel like I have been working harder during those 5 years.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the people and patients. – less
Heavy workload
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), New Orleans, LANovember 4, 2012
They work with too few people for the hospital size................................................................................................................................
Great learning environment
Staff/Charge Nurse (Current Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 6, 2012
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: management turnaround
Touro is a great community hospital with daily opportunities to learn new things. Touro has a great charting system that's nurse friendly.
Productive workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 23, 2012
Daily routine of getting the patients meal orders.
Learn how to work the palm pilot.
My co-workers most of them were team players.
The hardest part of the job was having so many floors for one person
The most enjoyable part of the job was lunch.
Fast paced and always different
Executive Assistant to two Vice Presidents (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 18, 2012
Pros: discount meals and parking
Great Staff in the Administration Office. Hours are reasonable. Management is very supportive of staff. Hardest part is working for multiple VP's and prioritizing. Most enjoyable is office environment, other staff and executives.
Touro is a very productive and positive place to work.
Medical Records Specialist (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 6, 2012
A typical day at work for me begins with me arriving to work on time (for 7:00am). I then check my desk to see if I’ve received any additional medical charts. I grab a rolling cart, collect my printed labs off the printer then begin my appointed route to various floors in the hospital to pick up the medical records I have been assigned to process. I – more... enjoy working in the department I'm in because everyone works toward the same goal (Getting the work done). All of my coworkers including the managers don't mind lending a helping hand when needed. Because of all the changes within the medical software currently going on, it’s almost like I learn something new about the medical process every day. This is one of the most enjoyable things about my day because I enjoy learning new task and procedures. I love being the first to learn new systems because I love being the go to person. I always get an overwhelming feeling of accomplishment every time I learn a new system and know it well enough to train others on the operations. The hardest part of my day is time management. Because there’s never a dual moment. There’s a constant workload and I have to ensure that I get all of the most important issues done first and still make time to finish the other assignments before they become urgent. – less