Tovar Snow Professionals Employee Reviews

Tovar
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  East Dundee, ILJune 23, 2017
Extremely dishonest company. Service is ok but, the billing is not honest. I would not recommend this company to anyone for anything. Management is awful.
Great Place
Salt Driver (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILFebruary 14, 2017
Truly a great place to work, freedom of no supervisors breathing down your neck nit picking. Expect to be working at night somewhat long hours,but nothing that is exhausting.
Pros
As Many Hours as you want to work, great crew/people and environment.
Cons
If no Bad Weather no work/Seasonal
You can do better.
Administration (Former Employee) –  East Dundee, ILJanuary 20, 2017
Tovar is a business ran by men. Women have no say in this business....they are seen as great admin help.

They might try to give back but it all comes with a cost. Long hours, no care for you unless your in operations.

A company dedicated in saying one thing and executing another. They don't care for the non-skilled workers or the underpaid. Sadly, the largest base of there workers are the non-skilled and they lack in supporting that portion. They send those to the agency.... so someone else can "take care of them"

Reason #1 people don't come back! Unless management gives you the right price to come back...
Pros
Paid time off?
Cons
No possibility of growth, unless you know someone.
a days worth
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 11, 2017
good with good hours when it snows the managers are great as well, but they need to find a new temp agency other than accurate
Magnificent Place to Work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Dundee, ILJune 3, 2016
HSBC is very dedicated to meeting all its customer needs. They have excellent benefits. Management is very dedicated to its employees.
great place to work for
Walk Manger (Former Employee) –  East Dundee, ILMay 9, 2016
if you like snow long hours and work hard is a good place to work to make lots of money for the winter great place to work for lllllllllll llllll lllll llll lll lll
Pros
hours and pay
Cons
get call out at all times
not for the weak
walk salt driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2016
extensive shoveling around the clock this job has its ups when you are on your lunch break strenuous work you stay busy but fun because you work with friends
Walk driver (Current Employee) –  peora, ilFebruary 11, 2016
Snow removal, plowing, salting, and shoveling. Great group of people to work with and for. Lots of team work and management works along side the crew. It can be challenging hours and it is only seasonal.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
long hours and seasonal
Official response from Tovar Snow Professionals
March 2, 2016

Thank you for the comment. Our employees are the key to our success.

Recruiter/ Walk Manager
HR lead/ Walk Manager (Current Employee) –  Dundee IllinoisMarch 20, 2015
Here at Tovar Snow Professionals I was in charge of recruiting and staffing. I was going out to different cities and posting signs and talking to people at Malls or any places where I would think I could recruit top talent for this company. I did have success with recruiting and staffing. I was also making daily phone calls at the office. Furthermore, everytime it snowed I also went out and created my own shoveling crew and gave orders on where to shovel and salt the snow. Unfortunately this is a seasonal Job, although it did teach me a lot about myself and what I am able to do as a leader.
Pros
Flexibility in the hours
Cons
Seasonal Job/ On call
mexican outfit
salt truck driver training (Former Employee) –  elginJanuary 5, 2015
Big money behind them
Nice women in office where English is not the primary language... Very hard to understand
They tell you your route and what you'll be doing. Where you will work and the yard you be assigned to

The guy who does the training probably never had a real construction job or drove a truck until he came here
They change everything by the minute
Nobody has a straight answer

If you have experience as a driver pushing snow you will laugh

Equipment is all modern but its all taped and wired together
Typical Mexican outfit on a large scale
You got ask if its so good wh6 do they go though so much help
Pros
nice people
Cons
cant get a straight answer
productive
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  East Dundee, ILDecember 9, 2014
grate place to work you learn a lot benefits are grate everyday is a different task and goal to accomplish real good place
excellent company to work for
Inside Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  East Dundee, ILNovember 19, 2014
My day would start with making outbound phone calls to potential customers to make appointments for the account managers to visit and explain who Tovar was and what we could do for you. Also, customer service trained for upcoming winters to provide satisfaction in all areas of snow removal process.
Hard work, great experience!
Laborer (Former Employee) –  East Dundee, ILFebruary 18, 2014
I really enjoyed working here! It was very physically demanding work, but it was good hard work!
Management was pretty good I only dealt with my supervisor and his boss, so there wasn't a huge line of people to take orders from. Hardest part of the job was when a random blizzard hit my work sites! Had to be ready to go to the suburbs of Chicago in twenty minutes or less!
Pros
Hard work, Great physical labor
Cons
Being on call, not having set hours.
Team Atmosphere
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  East Dundee, ILJanuary 8, 2014
I learned and grew a lot professionally. Everyone has their specific role in the company.
Collections Lead (Former Employee) –  East Dundee, ILSeptember 5, 2012
Great experience, improved Excel and problem solving skills, worked with fun people
Overall, I really enjoyed working for this company.
Parts and Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILMay 7, 2012
I took this position to better myself, to prove to be a team player and to improve upon a parts department. I believe, I had done just that. If it had not been for a poor snow accumulation is past winter, I would still be there. I enjoyed working with all the fellow employees, they will be missed.
Each day started with ordering parts to meet the needs of the mechanics and if necessary to run for the parts from the vendors.
Then, I would enter all the work orders into their software system to collect all data for the fleet and parts inventory.
Pros
every day was a new adventure.
Cons
being laid off
Good strong company
working shop foreman (Current Employee) –  elgin,ilFebruary 29, 2012
Good strong growing company.Cares for the employees but needs a better health insurance company plan.
Pros
good working conditions, great summer hours
Cons
as stated before needs better health insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tovar Snow Professionals. Our community is ready to answer.

Tovar Snow Professionals Reviews by Location