Tower Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you're looking for a stepping stone.
Loan Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDAugust 14, 2017
Management is horrible. Not very interactive with staff in ANY capacity. No communication. No room for advancement. Processes and procedures very outdated. If you're just looking to get some experience, it's a decent stepping stone, but beyond that, I would not recommend.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
stagnant
Lots happening total network rebuild!
Network System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 19, 2017
The Credit Union is doing a badly needed network refresh and will provide competitive uptime once completed. Provided training which is a nice benefit and a nice staff to work with.
Pros
Allow work from home.
Loan Consultant/Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 11, 2017
It's an energetic place to work they are a diverse company with excellent benefits. If have not had training in the area of processing or undwriting the manager will teach you. Company training is always available.
Nice place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMay 28, 2017
It is a nice place to work especially if you like people and are okay with repetitive tasks. The banking system is complicated at first but give it time.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
occasional rudeness from customers
Good Workplace
Consumer Lending Processor (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDMarch 2, 2017
This place provides you opportunity to see a different side to the financial world. It shows you that is more to it then just credits and debits.
Productive and professional work enviorment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDFebruary 20, 2017
Very straightforward work experience in what is expected of you
Management is very pro staff, appreciative of hard work
create a very fun culture for a relative boring desk job
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDNovember 26, 2016
great place to work, i wish i could stay but i need to be working in my field of interest, manager i amazing and the people are wonderful.
Cons
no cons
Great
Teller (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MD 21076October 1, 2016
The job was fantastic allowed me to really focus on a career path . Additionally ,the work environment was extremely friendly an helpful.
Waste of time. Don't bother.
Teller (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 21, 2016
I usually don't type or write reviews but I felt I should about this particular company. This is a okay company to work for as far as pay and benefits but like one of the other comments for this company I agree with the favortism part.This company shows alot of that. If you suck up to "certain people" and be "perfect" (meaning make no mistakes) then you will certainly succeed with this company. They have some, not all, but some VERY immature management that needs alot of professional coaching and grooming as far as acting as a manger and not an employee. I feel they have EXTREMELY outdated work equipment and they have a high turn over rate with certain low level branch positions. All in all the bad outways the good in my opinion with this company. I really hate that I left a good company to come and work here. I really wouldn't bother applying here. I'm glad I've taken up a better job offer with less headaches and no need to feel pressure from management to make ABSOLUTELY no mistakes EVER! There are alot of other financial institutions that offer the same if not better benefits as this company and less sneakiness and pressure to be perfect in your position. Oh and by the way they terminate people over the phone (highly unprofessional). All in all take your skills elsewhere. You'll definietley save yourself the time and energy. I would never recommend anyone to come and work here. It's way better financial institutions to work for out there.
Pros
Decent pay, good amount of time for breaks, professional/clean work environment, room for growth.
Cons
Unprofessional branch managers, not a diverse enough company.
Very educational and fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP II (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDMay 2, 2016
There was always room to work for tfcu. I grew to make really great friends. The co-workers were great, we always worked as a team and always room to learn. Am on disability now because of my congestive heart failure and a lot of more health problems.
Pros
Company
Cons
My disibality with my health
Nice people to work with but management needs much improvement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDApril 15, 2016
The credit union itself has great products and services and helpful people to work with, however, the culture there is bred on favoritism and racism. Those who are liked will receive all the help and motivation and mentoring they need to move up the ladder. Those who are not a favorite are often ostracized, made fun of, dumped on, demoted and ultimately let go, often with little to no warning. Some managers talk to certain employees with little to no respect, get bad mouthed behind their backs and often times, will throw a curse word around or two. Very unprofessional.

There is very little appreciation for new ideas being presented by some employees, while the favorite employees have their ideas accepted and they get moved up the corporate ladder, simply because they are not only bright but because they are smart enough to know whose rear end to kiss. If that is not your personality, then Tower may not be the best place for you.
Pros
Good products, services and benefits for employees
Cons
The culture is a bit to be desired
I will compare this company to all others
Call Center Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJanuary 9, 2016
Best company that I have ever worked at. I worked in the Call Center. I had a flexible schedule, was always treated with respect and I enjoyed all of my coworkers. It was a lot of work however I felt rewarded and respected by management and my co-workers.
Pros
Great co-workers and management
Cons
The phones ring all the time
Upper management
Msr (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJanuary 4, 2016
Worst place I've ever worked. The Director and Operations Manager of Call Center haven't a clue about risk and the importance of educating members with the correct information. Instead they members to know certain things which can cause a lost for the credit union. Very poor training environment. What you learn in training is not what you will be doing. (Call Center) There's no job security and no career development.

Systems, software, and procedures are from the 80's. Way behind in technology

Never worked for a company where Upper Management gossips more than employees.

If you request for more training, you will be become a threat and potentially terminated.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Training, upper management, job security
Fun Work Envoirnment
Fraud Investigator III - Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDDecember 3, 2015
Worked the hours of 8a-4:30p. Everyday I worked with branch managers, tellers, member service reps, and various other departments. Collected money from members/nonmembers who owed the Credit Union. Provided training to branches. Supervised my department when our supervisor was out. Ran reports and checked accounts for possible fraud if the report hit an account number.
Pros
Great co-workers, Competetive salary, good health benefits
Great place to grow and learn new skills
Member Services Trainer (Former Employee) –  traveledDecember 2, 2015
I enjoyed my experience and had many opportunities to grow and move up the banking ladder. There was stress, lots of over time but all and all it was a pretty nice place to work.
Pros
growth, good benefits, good pay
Cons
over worked
Great Place To Work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MarylandAugust 13, 2015
Fun work place with strong Management and lots of opportunities to advance. Has good pay and great benefits (insurance and retirement).
Productive Employee
Settlement Officer/Title Processor (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDOctober 19, 2014
My typical day at work with my current employer consist of me reviewing and finalizing final title commitments, reviewing lender instructions to itemize final settlement statement, issue final loan policies, conduct closing settlements and my turnaround time to schedule and process a file will only take me 48 to 72 hours. I have the lowest error and omissions within my department and I am also responsible for sending and tracking security instruments.
Community Oriented Company
Member Service/ Electronic Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 7, 2014
Everyone is very nice and friendly. Tower's motto is People helping People and this runs through he employees.
nice comfortable enviroment
Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDMay 22, 2014
my typical day is a very busy day. my co workers are great and the hardest part of my job is telling members we're foreclosing on their homes. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new task and taking control right away,
Productive and Fast Pased
Software Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDOctober 22, 2013
Working at Tower FCU allowed me to continue my education to persue a career in IT while also gaining experience. I finished my BS degree in Information Systems last year.

I have learned a lot about software applications, integrations between various systems as well as maintenance of databases and servers.
I was always busy and enjoyed the challenge of learning something new.
benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tower Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Tower Federal Credit Union Reviews by Location