Tower Group Companies

Tower Group Companies Employer Reviews

Aggressive writing company
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 4, 2014
Tower Group Companies was an aggressive writing company, both personal and commercial lines. Company has been acquired by Am Trust Companines
Internship program - should have been effectively planned
Corporate Marketing Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 1, 2014
They threw us into different departments. I was placed in the Marketing and Communications department. A typical day was editing and proofreading marketing materials to be posted on our website and/or sent to our agencies. Co-workers were extremely helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was offering to help top-level management. Wasn't provided with enough responsibilities. Extremely unchallenging and dry.
Friendly Professional Workplace
Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 17, 2014
Tower was a good workplace with a great amount of care paid to Sarbanes Oxley regulatory compliance. I learned a great deal about compliance processes and continued improving my skills at working effectively across diverse groups with different vested interests.
A great place to learn something new
Support Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 6, 2014
Pros: staff was great, and work was challenging but managed to complete with full dedication
Cons: wished it was permanent
Tower Group Companies was a great exp for me to work at, got a lot of knowledge and understood how to work in a fast pace environment.. People were great and every work that was given to me I put in my 200% and challenging.. I hope to find something like this similar within my next job..
Very productive, professional but enjoyable work environment
Underwriting Assistant II (Current Employee), Williamsville, NYApril 7, 2014
Pros: company functions/donations to great organizations
Cons: none come to mind
Most of my work is time sensitive. Work needed to be prioritized on a daily basis. If an issue arises that needs immediate attention, I would handle and continue my daily work. Our managers are very talented and helpful individuals who are always willing to help. The hardest part of the job was trying to obtain information from agents. But for the most part they were very nice and easy to work with. I enjoyed every aspect of my job. Tower Group Companies was nothing but a positive place to work.
Work enviornment
PHS Support Analyst (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 14, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work for me my day starts at 7:30 and ends at 4:00. Busy morning and some what busy afternoon. I've learned time management and productivity. My co-workers are amazing, couldnt ask for better. The hardest part for me is getting to work! My commute is over 1 hour. Very long day. The most enjoyable part is having a job to go to!
Nice people to work with
Senior Business Analyst Consultant (Former Employee), I was located in the Chicago officeMarch 6, 2014
Pros: tower staff is all pros
Cons: tower group does not employ cons.
The staff at Tower Group is very diverse and nice to work with.
An alright place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Raytown, MOFebruary 15, 2014
When i first started I enjoyed the job the most. I had good supervisors who were knowledgeable about their accounts and happy to help. I learned to be a very good phone representative, and quickly rose to elite status on several accounts, I unfortunately had several very bad supervisors who had little knowledge of their accounts and did not like the fact that I had more experience than them, unfortunately also one who was extremely prejudiced. I preferred when I was dedicated to one or 2 accounts, but towards the end of when i worked there i was thrown onto 5 additional accounts in the space of a month and was having to take calls for 7 companies at one time, switching between roughly 15 systems on the computer with my only indicator of call being the caller ID. I was denied advancement because I was told im "more valuable on the phone than as a lead" so I was placed in the difficult position of correcting the supervisors incorrect teaching of new hires, and several times being taken to account managers for this. For the most part I enjoyed the job, had many enjoyable co-workers.
Great learning opportunity for insurance professionals.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 6, 2014
A very fast paced environment with strong attention to meeting deadlines. A great learning opportunity for Statutory Accounting.
Great People
Operations Manager UAT & System Projects (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 30, 2014
I have worked with some great people in the last 11 years. I have learned a lot about Insurance as well as skills that would be useful in any business.
productive and fast growing company
System Engineer (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJanuary 17, 2014
great place to work for. enjoyable atmosphere.great co workers.
great commute
Typical insurance firm
Marketing Assistant - Corporate Marketing (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: -
Cons: -
Tower Group is a typical institution in the Financial district. I have no further comment regarding employment with this company.
POOR PLACE TO WORK IN ALL RESPECTS
Senior Litigation Casualty Adjuster (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 3, 2014
POORLY MANAGED IN ALL AREAS. UNREALISTIC AUDITING CRITERIA CREATED WITH INACCURATE SYSTEM DATA. INAPPROPRIATE RESERVING PRACTICES RESULTING IN THE COMPANY'S CURRENT FINANCIAL STATUS AND AM BEST DOWNRATING
Standard office setting
Underwriter/Surplus Lines Officer (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 20, 2013
Pros: fair managers
Cons: poor pay and lack of advancement
Management is fair to employees and will work with employees to best fit their needs
Excellent culture and team environment
Field Claims Adjuster/Trainer (Current Employee), Irvine, CADecember 5, 2013
Traveled daily to inspect property damages. Prepared estimates and corresponded daily with customers to resolve claims. Currently in management training and have trained and managed new employees. Was given full freedom to handle workload with little guidance from management. Challenges included strict guidelines, time management and file accuracy. Consistently ranked as a top employee.
A great place to work even in light of the reduction in force.
AVP, Business Development - West Zone (Former Employee), Irvine, CADecember 2, 2013
Tower was a great place to work. Management was very supportive and co-workers were a pleasure to work with.
Great company to work for.
Commercial Lines Senior Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee), Williamsville, NYNovember 22, 2013
Pros: good benefits, holidays & vacation.
Cons: company is not financially stable.
Great company to work for. Company downsizing & not financially sound.
Insurance Company
Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2013
Tower Group Companies is one of the 50 largest providers of property and casualty insurance products and services in the U.S. Through its insurance company subsidiaries, Tower provides personal and commercial insurance for small to medium-sized businesses through its network of retail and wholesale agents across the country. Tower also offers specialty insurance products to customers in selected niche markets across the U.S.
Great Work experience
Project Manager (Current Employee), JC, NJOctober 7, 2013
Great place to work if you are looking for hands-on work experience in a fast paced environment.
Corporate envrionment
Corporate Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 7, 2013
Pros: nice breaks
Cons: healthcare
I got the opportunity to interview perspective employees and train temps and new hires to the reception desk

About Tower Group Companies

You might say this firm is proactive in getting ads in front of audiences. Initiative Media Worldwide is one of the world's leading – Read more

Tower Group Companies Salaries