Tower Group Companies Employee Reviews in United States

Decent workplace
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Raytown, MOJune 23, 2015
Tactics need improvement. Company was more productive when internal promotion was still a part of the company values.
Internship program - should have been effectively planned
Corporate Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2014
They threw us into different departments. I was placed in the Marketing and Communications department. A typical day was editing and proofreading marketing materials to be posted on our website and/or sent to our agencies. Co-workers were extremely helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was offering to help top-level management. Wasn't provided with enough responsibilities. Extremely unchallenging and dry.
A great place to learn something new
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2014
Tower Group Companies was a great exp for me to work at, got a lot of knowledge and understood how to work in a fast pace environment.. People were great and every work that was given to me I put in my 200% and challenging.. I hope to find something like this similar within my next job..
Pros
staff was great, and work was challenging but managed to complete with full dedication
Cons
wished it was permanent
Very productive, professional but enjoyable work environment
Underwriting Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYApril 7, 2014
Most of my work is time sensitive. Work needed to be prioritized on a daily basis. If an issue arises that needs immediate attention, I would handle and continue my daily work. Our managers are very talented and helpful individuals who are always willing to help. The hardest part of the job was trying to obtain information from agents. But for the most part they were very nice and easy to work with. I enjoyed every aspect of my job. Tower Group Companies was nothing but a positive place to work.
Pros
company functions/donations to great organizations
Cons
none come to mind
Excellent culture and team environment
Field Claims Adjuster/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 5, 2013
Traveled daily to inspect property damages. Prepared estimates and corresponded daily with customers to resolve claims. Currently in management training and have trained and managed new employees. Was given full freedom to handle workload with little guidance from management. Challenges included strict guidelines, time management and file accuracy. Consistently ranked as a top employee.
Insurance Company
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2013
Tower Group Companies is one of the 50 largest providers of property and casualty insurance products and services in the U.S. Through its insurance company subsidiaries, Tower provides personal and commercial insurance for small to medium-sized businesses through its network of retail and wholesale agents across the country. Tower also offers specialty insurance products to customers in selected niche markets across the U.S.
Productive, professional environment with room for growth.
Clearance Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2013
Each work day was positive, challenging and productive. I learned about the Insurance Industry and new software applications. Management was organized, motivational and had faith in departmental work performance capabilities. Interacting with co-workers was always a pleasant and reassuring experience. The hardest part of my job was when it ended. The most enjoyable parts of my job were overtime and learning new things.
Pros
the whole package.
Enjoy My Job at Tower Group Companies
Lost Time Worker's Compensation Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 10, 2012
Nice place to work. Days go by quick because you stay busy and you need to do your job and to be successful at your job. I have learn a lot, and moved up the ladder within the company, Management is great as they beleive in there employees and motivate them to be great at everything that they do. The hardest part about my job is dealing with an upset claimant, but I enjoy everything about my job.
Pros
free lunch, ceu class, holiday outings. great place to work and be.
Cons
healthcare
Solid carrier with good reputation
Senior Underwriter, Specialty Division (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2013
"A" rated carrier out of New York. I was the Senior Underwriter over the specialty division that covered workers' compensation for PEO and temporary staffing companies. Programs were primarily GC, with a few large deductibles and retros.
Pros
stable company, ability to work remote
Cons
no advancement opportunities unless willing to relocate to new york
Tower Group Companies did not care about their empoyees.
Senior Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2013
I went to work for SUA Insurance which was a small company that treated their employees great. After 2 years we were sold to Tower Group Companies, a very large company out East. Tower did not make their employees feel valued at all. After a year they began layoffs which did not surprise us.
Cons
longer hours, more reports, lower authorities
Work enviornment
PHS Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 14, 2014
A typical day at work for me my day starts at 7:30 and ends at 4:00. Busy morning and some what busy afternoon. I've learned time management and productivity. My co-workers are amazing, couldnt ask for better. The hardest part for me is getting to work! My commute is over 1 hour. Very long day. The most enjoyable part is having a job to go to!
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Friendly Professional Workplace
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2014
Tower was a good workplace with a great amount of care paid to Sarbanes Oxley regulatory compliance. I learned a great deal about compliance processes and continued improving my skills at working effectively across diverse groups with different vested interests.
Usa800
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Raytown, MOMarch 6, 2013
Typical day at work would be to log in which took 4-5 min press ready and wait for a call to come through, Open and close call. What i learned washow to work multi, screens. My co-workers were great we made a great team. There was no hard part in my job! the most enjoyable part was solving customers problems!
Pros
loved what i did!
Cons
how the company was ran!
The team made the work experience bearable
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2014
I enjoyed working with team members.

I learned a lot from Senior team members.

Management should be required to take management training classes.
Fun, hardworking, comfortable workplace
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  ChicagoJuly 25, 2013
Working at a job with a variety of personalities can be difficult; however I like a challenge. I enjoy what I do. Assisting others is a delight for me. I don't need the compliments I like the accomplishments!
Pros
casual environment
Poor place to work in all respects
Senior Litigation Casualty Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 3, 2014
Poorly managed in all areas. Unrealistic auditing criteria created with inaccurate system data. Inappropriate reserving practices resulting in the company's current financial status and am best downrating
Aggressive writing company
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2014
Tower Group Companies was an aggressive writing company, both personal and commercial lines. Company has been acquired by Am Trust Companines
Always productive but also has down time between calls
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAMarch 25, 2012
Sat at a desk and receive calls on property losses. I learned alot about the insurance process. There were holiday parties and food unexpectedly.
Pros
nice building, big desk
Cons
pay was twice a month
Great learning opportunity for insurance professionals.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2014
A very fast paced environment with strong attention to meeting deadlines. A great learning opportunity for Statutory Accounting.
Great company to work for.
Commercial Lines Senior Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYNovember 22, 2013
Great company to work for. Company downsizing & not financially sound.
Pros
good benefits, holidays & vacation.
Cons
company is not financially stable.