Tower International, Inc.

Tower International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Madison MsJuly 27, 2015
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: Works to many hours
Very intense manufacturing environment working many long hours. The facility has hundreds of welders and robotic equipment. The atmosphere is very smoke filled
Stepping Stone till you find something better
Engineer (Current Employee), LivoniaJune 29, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Long days, no appreciation.
Tower used to be a great place to work. Then bankruptcy and lean management stepped in. Now in Engineering you'll find yourself working multiple positions and not compensated for the extra work.

If you work in IT, you will get yearly conferences with an open bar, a nice lunch, and dinner. Of course this conference is to discuss the latest in IT at the company, but IT makes everyone else use teleconference to save money. The actual "brains" of the operation fly all the IT folk from around the country to a yearly conference to talk about... Well, we build tools for stamping and welded assemblies, soooo who know's what they talk about. The CFO is in charge of IT, so I guess the budget doesn't apply to that department. Maybe they talk about Campfire. Another waste of money Tower can't seem to get a grip on.. First DR/DA, then Matrix One, and now Campfire... Idiots.
Not a very good place to work
Production Manager (Former Employee), ChicagoJune 11, 2015
Pros: The hourly are very good
Cons: People here come and go. Not a reputable place to work at all
Tower has only one customer and that is Ford-Chicago.
All automotive manufacturer has a downsides every 5 years.
They lay-off people and in Chicago is the worst because Tower
is only supporting Chicago plant and nothing else.

If Ford slow down tower lays off people. At tower there is no room
for advancement. At tower they tolerate Nepotism...from management all the way to the hourly employees.

Everyone is connected and plant manager came from the shipping dock to be come Chicago plant manager

A scheduler position become Production Manager

At tower in Chicago is all about .....who knows who and who is politically connected in the chain. They make an hourly as engineer in a heart bit. No formal schooling required.

You tell them that you own a screw- driver and electrical tape and for sure you get a job right away.

To be an I.E in these place and you will be making a big mistake in your life!!!

Rather send your resume some place and there will be much better future for you.
Weld Engineer (Current Employee), Bluffton, OHApril 14, 2015
Pros: I fix all of the problem
Cons: long hours & I fix all of the problems
Love the people!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great place to work. Co-workers are great. Automotive keeps you busy everyday and the Management listen to your ideas.
People are great, management less than disireable
HR Generalist (Former Employee), Bardstown, KYMarch 23, 2015
I don't have anything positive to say about this company other than the people where great to work with. Very accepting.
Not very employee conscious
Assembler (Current Employee), Bardstown, KYJanuary 14, 2015
Not very employee conscious, lots of mandatory overtime, very little time off. Repetitive, boring factory work.
Great
Rear Seal Operator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2015
Great place to work and learn about the auto industry. learn how operate various machine.
Over worked, under payed to build low quality parts.
Operator, Welder & Quality (Current Employee), Plymouth, MIDecember 9, 2014
The management is terrible, they simply do not care about you at all. They might pretend to, but you are expendable and treat you like trash, no respect for you. Then they have the nerve to wonder why no one takes their job seriously. You are constantly pushed for high production speed, sacrificing quality. Doesn't bother management at all, they want numbers nothing more.
Tough Times
Environmental, Health & Safety Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 7, 2014
Times were tough across the country when I worked here, but overall this was an ok company to work for
Fast paced and fun work place
Assembly Line MIG Welder/Welder (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2014
Pros: dont break your back
Cons: union isnt that great
patch holes on front structure where needed, help load the line and clean up work area at the end of the day
Great people to work with and good atmosphere.
Crib Attendant & Receiving Specialist (Former Employee), Meridian, MSDecember 19, 2013
Pros: nice people in hr, finance department, shipping, and maintenance
Cons: i could not leave the crib for lunch or breaks.
My second shift work was stressful when I first started but got more relaxed as I progressed in my job. I learn new skills in inventory management and receiving and customer relations. The hardest part of my job could be the heavy lifting ant times. I enjoyed working with people and helping them get the parts for their assignments.
Tower is traditionally a great place to work.
Sr. Benefit Analyst (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 12, 2013
Pros: flexible time
Cons: understaffed, work long hours.
I have been at Tower for over 7 years now in the Benefits Team. My team works together to accomplish the departmental goals. We are very busy, as we support 12 locations, but that just means that every day is different and there is no chance to get bored.

Hardest part of the job is knowing that our locations depend on me to resolve their issues. I can usually do that, but am not afraid to say "I don't know', but I will always know who to go to for resolution.

Most enjoyable part of the job is working with so many different people each day. The job is always interesting and fun, and it is wonderful to be able to spread my enthusiasm about benefits to our members.
This was a very productive work-place with opprtunities for growth in the company.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Detroit, MINovember 6, 2013
Pros: acomplishing tasks.
Cons: plant closing.
On an adverage, every day was full of opprotunities to assist co-workers in acheiving daily tasks ,and responsabilities to ensure the movement of materials both in and outside the plant.
Headquarters