Tower Legal Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Awful Company to work for every way
Attorney Document Review (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2016
I am worked on and off for the company from 2009 - 2013. They run a sweat shop. The pay is lousy and they treat you poorly, you work over 40 hrs a week without overtime pay. You are watched by cameras all the time and they are quick to put you on a blacklist, banning you for future job considerations.
Pros
Free water
Cons
Pay, Job Treatment
Not a nice place
Document reviewer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2016
Treat people like garbage. Lie about project length to get people to take projects. When you work there you are treated like you are in kindergarten. No professional respect. Rumors are that they employ a nasty blacklist to keep their peons in check.
Pros
Good alternative to starving or homelessness
Cons
Too many to list
Great Company
Attorney (Former Employee) –  CharlotteSeptember 30, 2015
Great company. I enjoyed my time here. The staff and coworkers were awesome! And the management was great. This is a true story I promise this is not from a company representative.
No longer a good place to work
Contract Attorney (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 17, 2015
When I first started at Tower, it was a great place to work. Very flexible schedule and the atmosphere was professional but lenient enough so you didn't feel like you were at kindergarten like some other doc review companies. However, management and recruiting staff has changed and despite my 2 years at Tower, I am no longer getting confirmed to new projects despite being told they will let me know confirmation details "when they get them." The recruiting staff is inefficient at communicating and people with less seniority are getting hired first. Also, market rate is going down at this company so time to move on. I highly discourage working here.
Pros
It is flexible so you can take off when you need to
Cons
No job security, no advancement opportunities, pay rate decreases, disrespectful project manager
Document Review
Doc Review (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2015
Stay away from this company. What they do is post erroneous ads for you to send resumes; however, the jobs don't exist. Then they use your previous employer information as a marketing tool. I set the trap and they fell for it.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Unethical and post false ads
National Staffing Company
Managing Director and Counsel (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 15, 2015
Recruits qualified legal personnel for contract document review. Managing Directors at the various offices are pleasant and professional. Employs hard-working individuals.
the worst
document reviewer (Former Employee) –  New YorkMarch 6, 2015
This place should be check in by department of labor. Recruiter sent us home after 8, the trains weren't running and it was dark that area. No car or any compensation.
Cons
pay, hazardous to health
Pay ok. But - they will mislead yPay ok. But - they will mislead you intentionally and disrespect you and other employees. Choose another if you can.
contract attorney (Former Employee) –  ny, nyFebruary 7, 2015

You get paid. The pay is decent by market rates. But it comes with a lot of downsides. See below.

They lie about length of project. I am talking about saying a project will last 6 months and it goes 6 days. I (and others) believe this is to make you choose them over say, another being honest and saying it's a one month project.

The disrespect is unusually high, even for a contract attorney. I've heard staff openly insult co-workers. On a project where people had to travel, co-workers were put in dangerous situations and moved around to different hotels in far-flung places at night in unsafe neighborhoods to cut costs (and fatten their bottom line.)

If you're starving, you gotta do it - but if you can, go with a place that treats you with honesty and respect.

To management:
Be honest and respectful with your contractors. They're the ones making you money and paying your salaries. When the economy upticks, you guys are in trouble b/c reputation spreads (contractors all talk) and given a choice, people don't like to be lied to and disrespected.

I'm sure you get that.
Pros
pay at market rate
Cons
disrespect, extreme cost-cutting, misled about length of project (extremely so)
Fast environment.
Administrative Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 26, 2014
Hit the floor running. I learned more about the recruiting department. I managed front desk, clients/visitors, and duties of other departments. The hardest part of the job was, being delegated to do other co-workers jobs and not being compensated for it (such as payroll, recruiting, and human resources). The most enjoyable part of the job was working with many people from all walks of life.
Pros
nice christmas parties.
Cons
can only go to restroom when someone was kind enough to cover for me.
Good working environment
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 14, 2014
A very good company to work for. Good mix of team leads to reviewers.
Document review work in Charlotte, NC
CONTRACT ATTORNEY (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2013
General corporate litigation support in high value cases covering a variety of subject areas. Professional staff and friendly work environment.
Pros
flexible hours and schedule
Cons
long work week
Bad Business
Contract Attorney (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2012
This company, like of many of its competitor companies in the document review staffing business, is not in the least bit concerned with the interests of the people it staffs. The owner is a former Update Legal employee who help architect the infamous "Black List" that Update still readily uses, and she still unjustly employs it with people who work for her company.

Tower, however, is more notoriously know for telling their employees that an assignment will go a certain duration, knowing very well that it won't go the promised duration, and sending attorneys home after only a day or two on a project that is suppose to last months.

This is not a good company to work for.
Good Professional Place to Work
Online Document Review (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2012
One of the better document review companies. They email you for upcoming projects so that you dont have to keep checking.
Pros
professional
Cons
wish they had more work
Good workplace environment for document review
Contract attorney (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2012
Tower Legal Solutions provides a good work environment for those doing temporary document review. The project managers and staff are relatively easy to work with.