Tower Loan Employee Reviews

terrible place to work
branch manager (Former Employee) –  Baldwyn, MSMay 8, 2017
you will spend all day calling delinquent accounts and dealing with lousy excuses from customers. you work long hours so your work life balance will suck. I had a gun pulled on me from an irate customer. I told my supervisor and she expected me to field call the next week. the do not care about their employees only about themselves and their bonuses.I advise everyon to stay away from this company!!
Pros
financial literacy
Cons
field calling and being on the phone all day
Don't do it.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MOApril 8, 2017
Horrible management. All you do all day long is solicit people. You call the same person 3 times a week. If you like making people upset then it's a good job for you.
Pros
Mon-fri.
Cons
Everything.
Awesome pay, great job opportunity
Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMarch 23, 2017
I loved working for tower loan. I miss working there. The money was really good. The better your office did, the better your pay check was. They disclosed goals clearly and gave great incentives if goals was reached. Coworkers was awesome. I moved several times but received extra pay each time. Most of my bosses was good and helped you grow. I'd still be working there if situations had allowed it.
Pros
Great pay, great coworkers, wonderful learning experience.
Cons
Stress, high employee turn over rate.
Very relaxed and comfortable office setting
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Laplace, LAJanuary 31, 2017
It was a pleasure to work for TL it was welcoming and the work hours aren't terrible. This job included great benefits and relocation opportunities.
Great workplace!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Selma, ALJanuary 23, 2017
I use to love working at Tower Loan. I enjoyed working with my employes on how to help the customes with whatever it was that they needed. This place is a great place to learn new thing and is all about family.
Dont Bother
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 18, 2017
Upper management does not care about you. There is no job security. You are expected to get at least 20 loans per month in order to get a lousy bonus and if you don;t hit that bench mark, you don't get a bonus even if you get 19. Good Luck taking a day off, especially if there are only 2 employees and a manager at your location like there was in Bloomington.
Pros
none.
Cons
everything.
Customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LADecember 28, 2016
The job is waaaaay too much for the pay , the management is horrible & if you have problems you can't go directly to the supervisor , it's so hard to speak with anyone who is above the branch manager . The worst job I have ever had !
Pros
Mon through Fri
Cons
Pay, Management, Home Office
Do not
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LADecember 14, 2016
This company is horrible to work for. They will make you stay until 8:00PM until all work is finished for they day. Even if you were swamped in the office closing loans and didn't have time to get to it.
It's an okay job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 29, 2016
The management is not productive. The pile up a lot of work on workers constantly. The pay is alright, but you get paid on crazy days. No set pay day.
Job with plenty of opportunities for advancement.
MANAGER TRAINEE (Current Employee) –  Enterprise, ALNovember 20, 2016
I enjoy my job at Tower Loan, but they require you to relocate as a manager trainee. They pay well and offer insurance. I just can not relocate and can not handle the long hours when our office is not doing so great. I work 49 hours a week consistently and I never get to see my family.
Pros
Benefits, compensation, co-workers.
Cons
Long hours, relocation.

Want to know more about Tower Loan?

Ask a question
Good for entry level
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSOctober 24, 2016
If you are looking for a good first job out of college or If you don't have any experience this job will work for you. They will train you for 8-12 months and then you have to relocate within one of the states the company operates in (requirement and you can't choose.) Also you need to have tough skin because the customers can be unruly and obnoxious.
Pros
Decent pay, mileage reimbursement, paid lunch when supervisor comes, Professionalism
Cons
Going to customer's house, long hours, no work/personal life balance, having to reach goals with limited resources at times, and some supervisors aren't the best teachers.
Fast paced work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOOctober 24, 2016
I was taught many things about opening and closing loans. I loved the fast paced environment and the strive to be the best. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the customers and meeting new customers daily.
Pros
Learning new things, meeting new people
Cons
Not being able to help some customers because of their financial stability.
everything sounds great in the begininng.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 21, 2016
In the begininng I loved it and everything was fine until the true attitude came out. management was awful. They felt entitled to receiving respect but had no clue how to give it. the supervisor was kind of quiet but after working there a few months I understood why. commission pay sucks and is not worth working for it. hourly pay is not worth it. I was supposed to have a 90 day evaluation but that never happened. Whatever you do, don't make a mistake. the only way to advance is if you are willing to relocate to any of the states that the company is in.
Pros
my review is, tower loan is a good place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Natchitoches, LAOctober 17, 2016
opened office learned how to evaluate credit and determine loans and oversaw my co-workers doing collections as I did them too as it is an art you can learn. .the most pleasure came from making a firm loan.
Pros
met really cool people every day
Cons
had some friction w/owner
cool please to get experience but do not recommend as career
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 4, 2016
i would usually begin the day by looking at stats for the branch and talk to manager about it to get a better understanding of whats going in.
required 150 collection calls a day
my manager was cool but the supervisor was a joke
working so many hrs in the office you find yourself becoming close
with co workers.
i think the hardest part of the job was trying to collect from people who you know it was almost impossible to collect on.
another thing i think is unorthodox was to pack up everything you have
and expected to be relocated in some cases 48 hrs.
all in all the job was cool but too much expectations for the pay, but it is
a great learning experience
managers are threatened on a regular basis based on numbers. supervisors do not look at trends of where local branches can serve as a reason numbers may have dropped off.
Pros
bonus and cheap insurance after 60 days. meetings were cool
Cons
job security. work life balance. salary if you not getting bonus
Really good place to work with advancement opportunities
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Leesville, LASeptember 26, 2016
Tower is a fast pace & fun environment to work in. They make sure to give you proper training to be able to efficiently work your own branch after your year of training.
Enjoyed working there
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LASeptember 21, 2016
Very busy and hectic days. Learned a lot working there about myself and life. My coworkers were great to work with. The best part of the job was doing something I enjoyed doing and that challenged me. The hardest part was having to be hard with people when I had to no matter what the circumstances they were having.
Pros
Bonuses and free trips
Job Security
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSSeptember 19, 2016
A good resume builder but not something you want to have as a career.

Use a third party company to mail live checks in mail which can be a disaster to collect.

Too many long hours and not enough pay.

Field calling customers can be DANGEROUS.

No life or days off for the months of July, August, November and December.
Pros
decent insurance
Cons
No certain job security, delinquecny goes up and it's termination
Fun sometimes but crazy most times.
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSSeptember 1, 2016
I had a decent time a TL. The problem is that you are collecting debt all day 24/7. Co-workers are great, but turnover is high because after approx. 1 year, you are expected to drop everything and leave on call. Example: I got a call late Thursday and had to be 7 hrs away Monday morning preferably moved in.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Calling 100 plus people a day to collect debt
Productive & professional
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Port Gibson, MSAugust 17, 2016
I've worked there for a year & a half. I was moved around to 3 different locations throughout my time of being there. It's a very professional place to work & do business. We always made sure customers were satisfied & felt comfortable while doing business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tower Loan. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9