Tower Loan Employee Reviews in United States

Great hours, decent (competitive) pay, and small offices with family-like staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOFebruary 10, 2016
I worked at an office for almost 5 years. The CSR job consisted mostly of filing, calling early stage delinquent customers, soliciting for loans, and taking payments in office and over the phone. The hours are great since you work Mon- Fri 8:30-5:30. With the office only being 3-6 people usually, you really become close with your co-workers. The is always room for advancement as long as you are willing to promote to run your own office and relocate.
Pros
Full benefits and 401K and vacation
its ok that;s about it
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSMarch 6, 2016
biweekly pay, long hours
not free time and very demanding
house visits to customers, very repetitious
depending on your manager or supervisor determines how long you'll stay but the pay is decent.
Terrible Work Place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 17, 2015
The company cons people in to being hired, the qualifications to get
hired are way to high for such a low class company.
Management can be difficult dependent upon the individual the pay is
ridiculously low for the amount of work you do
Pros
absolutely none
Cons
everything
Great Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 8, 2016
Faxing, filing and processing applications. Making outbound calls to get customers approved for another loan. Also mailing things out ...
Constant Work thourgout the day.
Manager in training (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJanuary 7, 2016
the work was fairly simple but can be challenging when working with the customers. The work is also repetitive so you know what you are doing each day.
stressful workplace
Branch Manager/HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Tallulah, LADecember 2, 2015
It was a stressful place to work at, and I wanted a better career. The pay was ok, but your career advancements was ignored.
Pros
ok pay
Cons
no advancement opportunities nor job security
Great company for highschool/college students
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSSeptember 13, 2015
Overall great company when I was there during high school. The hours are short, usually less then 36 per week. It is great for a student during the summer or just part time during the school year. Not much room for advancement, however.
Pros
Laid back work enviroment.
Cons
not an ideal career choice
Professional work place
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MOOctober 13, 2015
Each office has a close knit staff making the job enjoyable. The lack of commitment by upper level management, limited opportunities for growth, along with a lack of communication is what lead me to seeking employment elsewhere.
hated it
Branch Manager/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Covington, LANovember 10, 2015
tower is full of money hungry jack waggen who dosnt care about their employees and will fire you after you move 3 hours away from your house and family. do not suggest.
Pros
Cons
everything
Productive and fast pace working environment
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Kosciusko, MSAugust 13, 2015
Toan Loan is a fast pace working environment that requires an individual to sometimes work long hours. My dislikes was going to people houses trying to force them to pay, However meeting new people and making them happy was what I admire the best/
Pros
meeting different people
Cons
holiday break
Rough job
LOAN MANAGER IN TRAINING (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 27, 2015
Loved the pay and room for advancement but that was it. Hated being behind a desk all day and making over 100 phone calls a day. Not a fan of being yelled at and cursed at on a daily basis by sorry customers.
Pros
Pay and advancement
Cons
being on phone all day, being disrespected by customers
It is a company that I would not mind working at
MT (Manager Trainee) (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 7, 2015
I like the workers at this company, but I want a job to where I can think I am helping people and not just starting their line of debt.
Pros
travel, job experience, meet new people, advancement
Cons
collection and loans are something I do not want to do, sitting down for hours making phone calls, having a young age in a mature setting.
if you can. Stay away
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSJune 18, 2015
The job within itself was fine, fun, even a bit competitive.

But Job security was out the window.
They won't hire a manager trainee if they have just purchased a home and they demand you to change your hair if it's not up to their standards. My hair was naturally curly/kinky. It was requested either I wear a wig or get a relaxer on my Virgin hair. Also the manager created an extremely hostile working environment which was not conducive to effective work and employee morality.

Don't work there if you have a child or a spouse as they become your second priority while work is your first.

You are not compensated for overtime which is usually asked of you everyday because you're on salary. Once you divide up the time worked by the salary you're basically making less than minimum wage.
Not that bad
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  MississipiJune 15, 2015
Tower Loan was not that bad and it was not that great. If you are desperate for a job then go for it. You gotta pay your bills. You gotta chase customers who can't pay their bills, call them all day every day, and send them letters. It is set up like a pyramid scheme how they promote, your manager doesn't want you to be better than them so they "forget" to tell you somethings.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
It's Tower Loan
Hostile Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 13, 2015
Unprofessional management, sexism in the work place, and hostile clients make this a less than ideal company to grow with.
Great compensation for a starting position, tough industry to work in
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJune 1, 2015
This is a job that wants young and dedicated employees who have the drive to became an office manager. If you're hired as a trainee it is expected that you'll become a manager and the company will work to see you succeed. It is a tough industry to work in if you don't like rejection since you're time is split between sales and collections.
a typical day at work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 20, 2015
Soliciting Customers for loans, making loans, calling customers about payments. Trained employees on how to do their jobs. Sometimes went and visited customers at their homes
Pros
Pay
Cons
long hours, no time off hardly
Productive and dirty
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSAugust 30, 2015
Having to deal with customers is a challenge but if you know how to take criticism its a perfect fit job for you. You have to show less emotion and more business level mindedness.
Tower Loan
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSApril 22, 2015
A typical day begins by pulling the previous day's reports to review results. I started with a brief staff meeting to highlight the goals for the day and to assign collection and solicitation accounts.

Being that this was my most tenured job, I learned all of my management and financial skills, as well as how to hire and train a branch staff.

In the beginning, the most challenging aspect was getting acclimated to the work force; however, after years of hard work, the job became second nature.

The most enjoyable aspect was the benefits and rewards.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape GirardeauApril 17, 2015
Typical Day consisted of processing of loans, reviewing credit, applying payment, collecting money, and selling of loans.

I learned how to manage others. I learned how to process & review credit to determine credit worthiness for customers to obtain a loan. I learned how to control delinquency. The hardest part of the job was going to customer homes unannounced due to never knowing what to expect when I showed up.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people in need.