Tower Loan

Tower Loan Employee Reviews

Terrible Job
MT (Former Employee), Hodge, LAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: pay
I hated working at Tower Loan. Pay was the only plus. I was hired as a MT and the manager and CSR did not like me because i was black and treated my like horribly. I eventually quit and im sooooo glad i did. This was in Hodge, LA. DO NOT WORK THERE unless you are desperate for a job. I quit within a month time.
Terrible experience
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Decatur, ALFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: virtually everything else
Where to even begin? I will preface by saying that the compensation is very reasonable for an entry level position. Aside from that, there is little value in this company. I worked for one of the most unprofessional, temperamental managers I have ever seen. From unloading on customers to treating my co-worker and me like dogs, I struggle to see how people with such attitudes make it into management. When you hide someone's cash drawer in your desk in order to cause a panic and make a 'statement' because it was left unsecured, you have just about reached the pinnacle of immaturity.

The company itself does not send out billing statements. Rather, they will call relentlessly until they get a date that you will pay on. This will happen every month. Then, they will waste paper sending out late notices when they could have sent the initial statement like any other normal company. No, that would be too easy. Also, you may randomly receive things telling you your bill is late or you qualify for more money from a 3rd party. This happened to someone who had just PAID OFF his account. His bill is late. We knew for a fact we had not sent it from the office. I told him I wasn't going to begin to try and explain that one. I just told him to disregard it.

This place is insane. There will always be people who have good experiences, and I did my best to help people and provide those, but this company is way behind the world on technology and sound policy. Do not get yourself into debt with these people, and find another company to work with.
Relaxed & casual company to work for. Fantastic boss.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Oakdale, LAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: one hour lunches.
Cons: not enough pay.
I learned with the finance world that people will not keep their word about re-paying their loan. The management kept you on your toes when it came to collecting. The hardest part of this job was the rude remarks over the phone when I called them regarding their loan status. The most enjoyable part was seeing that you helped someone financially when thy were down on their luck.
No sick days, vacation, or weekends...
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), MSJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: pay day
Cons: management, health care benefits, life/work balance
A typical day included making collection calls, solicitation calls, and closing loans. I worked in a super branch so 100 phone calls were required every day even if there were a lot of customers in and out of the office. If you did not finish you were sometimes asked to stay past your leave time, and at a super branch that could mean staying past 7 pm. In my initial interview I was told I would work 2 Saturdays out of the month, but once I started I seldom got 1 Saturday off a month. That was a real problem considering I moved 3 hours away from home to take the job. The office I worked in was never fully staffed for more than 1 month, and the turnover rate was high. In the 7 months I was there I had 3 branch managers and 5 co-managers rotate out. For 2 weeks, there was no manager or co-manager, just the supervisor. The last 2 months there I was miserable. I was threatened daily about getting fired for simple mistakes, or even asking a question. I was told at one point that I couldn't talk to anyone and that I wasn't allowed to leave my desk unless I had to use the restroom, go to lunch, or help a customer. Advancement is easy if you put up with all the mess, pass all the tests, and kiss all the supervisors and directors tail, which led to many people being promoted based off of who they know and not their qualities. The most enjoyable thing about this job was getting paid. However, you do not get paid on the 1st or the 15th. You get paid between the 1st-5th and the 16th-20th so prepare your budget when it comes to bills.
sucks
Manager (Former Employee), Houston, MSNovember 7, 2014
cant think of anything good to say was fired for child being in hospital sick
No Loan is a Good Loan
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAOctober 20, 2014
A typical work day required loan solicitation and chasing late accounts. I learned that it's not a very helpful industry, especially for poor people. It was, however, fun competing with other AM for prizes.
A great job for you to climb your way to the top in
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Columbus, MSOctober 14, 2014
Pros: laid back work environment
Cons: not enough pay
A typical day at Tower Loan starts out busy and end just the same. You will always find yourself with something to do, which is great if you're like me. Management in my particular branch is nothing to complain about. I can honestly say my manager runs a tight but laid back ship. The hardest part of the job in my opinion is calling the customers for their payments. Even with a signed agreement between both parties, there is always going to be that one customer to give you grief. Aside from the pay, demanding payment from our customers is the only thing that makes me uneasy. I enjoy my coworkers and most of my customers.
Management needs to learn how to be considerate and helpful to thier customers.
Assistant Manger (Former Employee), Pascagoula MsSeptember 22, 2014
No comment, this is not a company I would recommend working for.
Professional and fun work place...
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Kosciusko, MSSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: support, medical, dental, and vision insurance. great learning experience
Cons: unhappy customers
I love this Company. They've given me so many opportunities to advance in the company, just as they do every employee who consistently works hard. The training process is hard but once you are promoted it's all you ever dreamed it would be. I love this company. I've met and spoken with thousands of people and if it were not for this company, I would never have built up enough courage and confidence to do the things I am capable of doing now. All-in-all, this company is a great company to be employed with. The team effort from every single employee is just amazing. Once I was PRomoted as manager, everything changed. I had to follow the rules from my supervisor but I also got to make and enforce my own rules. i got to experience the hiring/ firing process along with interviewing and determining potentially good employees and distinguishing between the good and bad. I enjoyed coming to work every single day and seeing my employees faces. The hardest part of the job in general, is having to make decisions that could possibly hurt a person or persons. This job requires you to make steady choices regardless of the feelings you hurt, just as any job dealing with the public. The most enjoyable part is being able to work together with customers to resolve the financial situations they were having at the time.
GREAT PLACE
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee), Holly Springs, MSSeptember 3, 2014
EVERYDAY WAS SOMETHING NEW TAKING PEOPLE INFORMATION AND WAITING ON APPROVAL. LONG HOURS BUT NOTHING TO HARD.
Very fast paced environment
Branch Manager/Trainee (Former Employee), Minden, LAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great opportunity for advancement
This company was a good company to work for. They really believed in rewarding their employees for their hard work, which in returned encouraged us to work even harder. I learned so much from this job including multitasking skills, communication skills, great customer service skills, and the list goes on.
ok to work for
Manager (Former Employee), Pontotoc, MSJuly 24, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
. make calls all day everyday
.deal with disgruntle customers
. solicited customers
Not so much
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Rolla, MOJuly 12, 2014
Pros: you get to make slaves out of people through debt
Cons: no job security
I worked for Tower Loan for only 8 months, but it was definitely off. In the short time that I work there, I had 3 managers for my branch due to them being fired or leaving due to incompetence or embezzlement. This is not uncommon, as our region had roughly 25 replacements of managers just in our segment of the state.

The actual worker ants of Tower are very hard working, and you are taught that it is not okay to only do an average job. Supervisory staff are typically below average intelligence, managers who weren't smart enough to find new jobs with respectable employers but not quite incompetent enough to get fired. And yes, it only gets worse closer to the top as the supervisor of both Missouri and Illinois is nothing more than a former used car salesman with nothing but a GED.

The company sells very high interest loans with useless insurance packages tacked on as a means of keeping a stable cashflow coming into the office, essentially as a form of economic slavery. Overall, this company is very shady and they abuse their employees. I would not recommend anyone to work there for very long and NEVER recommend that that anyone become a patron of their "services."
Productive and fun place to work with music.
Cashier (Former Employee), Oxford, MsJune 26, 2014
A typical day at work would include calling customers who were eligible for another loan and also filing files in the correct folders. My boss was very laid back and liked having the radio playing throughout the day so that made it not so quiet in the office when we were doing work. The hardest part of my job would be dealing with the certain customers who were late on the bills and did not want to pay. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to run errands for my boss.
Shady Company
Branch Manager (Former Employee), MississippiJune 19, 2014
I worked for Tower Loan for 2 years. I was hired as a Manager Trainee and promoted to a Branch Manager when my training was complete. People in this company are very hard working, and you are taught that it is not okay to only do an average job. (not that I think that its a bad thing) Supervisory staff use bullying techniques to try and get the manager, and their staff to meet monthly goals. As a Manager, I was told on a few occasions that I was not allowed to leave work until my supervisor said I could, which ended up being at 9pm at night. The company sells very high interest loans, which is not in the best interest of the people needing to borrow the money, and they also sell bogus insurances that are ripping off the customers; and if you dont sell the insurance you can bet that you will be hearing from your supervisor, or higher staff. The company does not care about its employees, and they promise you things like vacation time and money so you want to work there, but then, regardless of how well your office is doing, they dont want to let you take your vacation time. Overall, this company is very shady and they abuse their employees. I would NEVER recommend that anyones works there.
Clerical Work
Branch Manager / Trainee (Former Employee), Jennings, LAJune 18, 2014
I worked for this company right after High School and it was a good job for a beginning college student. I have learned to manager phone calls, emails, client, and other task ifor the time being.
Not for everyone
Manager (Former Employee), MOJune 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch when supervisor is in your branch
I worked at Tower Loan for about 3 years. It is a good starter job out of college. Don't feel bad about using them to get the experience, you are just as disposable to them as they would be to you. From a company that pushes the employees to get people hired, but is constantly firing their current employees that know what they're doing, they really shoot themselves in the foot. Typical work day is going in, making 100+ phone calls per collections, solictitation, etc. You are required to get 1 loan per day and oftentimes, supervisors will make you stay there "til 9 o'clock if you have to" to get it done. Minimal 'family time' type of job.
HATED IT
manager trainee (Former Employee), mississppiApril 7, 2014
Pros: a paycheck ....barely
Cons: everything else
I would never recommendd this company to anyone not even my dog. They had me traveling after ... the reimbursement was a joke only two weeks there and for whatever reason there was ALWAYS a shortage and they called my office to have me go there. I had no problem with traveling but there was no incentive....and the reimbursement was a joke. Also the managers scott and mike did their absolute best to intimidate people because they want people to need tower loan unfortunately I have my degree now and I had to leave. They literslly came to the office I worked at to try to scare me into going out of town again for them hell no I quit that day. Oh well no love lost they don't give two craps about the employees and set unrealistic goals for those small towns. Upper management thinks they can talk to any body any type of way. also they play with your money they make it a guessing game when your going to get paid no one has time for that when they bils so they suck it because their shady as hell. Maybe one day lightning will strike lol but until. then run away as far you can if someone recs, them.
General Workplace
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Greenville, MSApril 7, 2014
I learned how to get along with difficults customers and co-workers on this job. A typical day consisted of calling customers multiple times a day in efforts to collect.
manager trainee
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), LAApril 1, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: everything else, no sick time or days off until promoted
The job includes lots of duties and management expects you to do everything at once and it can be overwhelming. You learn a lot about customer service but they expect you to make people get loans. The best part about the day job is payday. The hardest part is on close out, management expect you to stay 2-3 hours after close time.
Headquarters