Tower Loan Employee Reviews

Fast paced work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOOctober 24, 2016
I was taught many things about opening and closing loans. I loved the fast paced environment and the strive to be the best. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the customers and meeting new customers daily.
Pros
Learning new things, meeting new people
Cons
Not being able to help some customers because of their financial stability.
everything sounds great in the begininng.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 21, 2016
In the begininng I loved it and everything was fine until the true attitude came out. management was awful. They felt entitled to receiving respect but had no clue how to give it. the supervisor was kind of quiet but after working there a few months I understood why. commission pay sucks and is not worth working for it. hourly pay is not worth it. I was supposed to have a 90 day evaluation but that never happened. Whatever you do, don't make a mistake. the only way to advance is if you are willing to relocate to any of the states that the company is in.
Pros
my review is, tower loan is a good place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Natchitoches, LAOctober 17, 2016
opened office learned how to evaluate credit and determine loans and oversaw my co-workers doing collections as I did them too as it is an art you can learn. .the most pleasure came from making a firm loan.
Pros
met really cool people every day
Cons
had some friction w/owner
cool please to get experience but do not recommend as career
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 4, 2016
i would usually begin the day by looking at stats for the branch and talk to manager about it to get a better understanding of whats going in.
required 150 collection calls a day
my manager was cool but the supervisor was a joke
working so many hrs in the office you find yourself becoming close
with co workers.
i think the hardest part of the job was trying to collect from people who you know it was almost impossible to collect on.
another thing i think is unorthodox was to pack up everything you have
and expected to be relocated in some cases 48 hrs.
all in all the job was cool but too much expectations for the pay, but it is
a great learning experience
managers are threatened on a regular basis based on numbers. supervisors do not look at trends of where local branches can serve as a reason numbers may have dropped off.
Pros
bonus and cheap insurance after 60 days. meetings were cool
Cons
job security. work life balance. salary if you not getting bonus
Really good place to work with advancement opportunities
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Leesville, LASeptember 26, 2016
Tower is a fast pace & fun environment to work in. They make sure to give you proper training to be able to efficiently work your own branch after your year of training.
Enjoyed working there
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LASeptember 21, 2016
Very busy and hectic days. Learned a lot working there about myself and life. My coworkers were great to work with. The best part of the job was doing something I enjoyed doing and that challenged me. The hardest part was having to be hard with people when I had to no matter what the circumstances they were having.
Pros
Bonuses and free trips
Job Security
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSSeptember 19, 2016
A good resume builder but not something you want to have as a career.

Use a third party company to mail live checks in mail which can be a disaster to collect.

Too many long hours and not enough pay.

Field calling customers can be DANGEROUS.

No life or days off for the months of July, August, November and December.
Pros
decent insurance
Cons
No certain job security, delinquecny goes up and it's termination
Fun sometimes but crazy most times.
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSSeptember 1, 2016
I had a decent time a TL. The problem is that you are collecting debt all day 24/7. Co-workers are great, but turnover is high because after approx. 1 year, you are expected to drop everything and leave on call. Example: I got a call late Thursday and had to be 7 hrs away Monday morning preferably moved in.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Calling 100 plus people a day to collect debt
Productive & professional
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Port Gibson, MSAugust 17, 2016
I've worked there for a year & a half. I was moved around to 3 different locations throughout my time of being there. It's a very professional place to work & do business. We always made sure customers were satisfied & felt comfortable while doing business.
Bad company to work for
Trainee (Former Employee) –  MSJuly 15, 2016
Please do not work for this company unless your life depends on it!

First lie I think I was told was I was only going to work on two saturdays per month. Wasn't long after that my manager said, "hey we're going to work every sat. Until the office is in line." That wasn't a big deal but its not what I was promised.

Secondly, I was told I got paid on the 1st and the 15th; that was a lie. You get paid 2 days after.For july 1st's paycheck I didn't get paid until the 6th.
Its ok, if you are a person that doesn't need you money right away.

Next, let's talk about pay. Your regular pay for 40 hours a week we'll $13.5-14.5 Depending on where you work but over time you will only be paid half of that my overtime rate was $6.71 -__-. You are paid on a diminishing rate. The more you work the less you make per hour.

Another a thing is, you are at work all day,so you have no life. On the 15th, they expect you to be at the office even later. If the 15th fell on a wed, and I usually got off on wed's at 5:30 pm the manager expected me to stay to 8 and 9 pm.

The worst part about it all might be the actual job itself. You have to call people who will not pay their billions a million times a day. 2 To 3 times is not enough you and you call the same account everyday. So if you have somebody who just want answer you might call that person 100 times in 5 days, seriously.

One last thing management is terrible also. Micromanaging and unprofessional mangers.

All in all, tower loan doesn't give a about its customer's or employees. Financial vampires that only want to keep
  more... you in debt and suck you dry until you have no choice but to file bankruptcy. Then sit around and wonder why you want pay your bill lol.

It is so much more I could write, but I don't want to waste anymore time writing on a worthless company.

Do not work for them; don't get a loan with them.
Pros
Regular pay
Cons
Long hours, Overtime pay 6.71, Micro-managers unprofessional managers
Great Pay
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMay 18, 2016
Great Pay, didn't care for management practices, long work days, and not very understanding or other obligations, overall ok company to work for
Enter at your own risk
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 28, 2016
This is a job where the managers and supervisors care nothing about their employees or customers. When I tell you the MOMENT you appear to not be a good fit for the job, you are out the door! No warnings, no explanations. This company actually brags about how everyone is replaceable. But anyway. I worked as a CSR for almost 2 years. CSRs do the majority of the work for the branch but receive garbage pay. Your raise is based off the number of loans you get each month, not how well you work or even your ability to accurately count thousands of dollars daily. You have to pretty much lie to customers to get them to agree to TL's outrageous loan terms. Not to mention the commission pay sucks. To even get the pay you must get 20 loans a month. And the commission rate is like 0.025%. So I would only make like $100 a month in commission off of about $50,000 worth of loans, meanwhile the managers/ supervisors are EATING (slang for getting a lot of pay). Prior to me getting fired from this job, I learned that the managers get quarterly bonuses based on the status of the branch. This made me so upset because like I said the CSRs do most of the work. You would think the manager would give everyone in the branch a cut or something. Because this job is so repetitive, it's easy to get bored with it. (Like you literally call people that do not answer their phones, all day long) Which is the exact reason I got fired. My manager could see I was getting bored with the job and felt I was no longer useful to the company. Lol. Good riddance. But on another note, I will say that this job helped me  more... to be more upfront and outspoken. I really enjoyed the bond I shared with a lot of the customers too. And I also feel that I have a better insight into how the real world operates based off this job experience. So it wasn't a complete bust. But if you're ambitious and have a lot you want to accomplish in life, this job won't be very useful to you for long. Oh and if you're considering becoming a manager trainee, don't get caught up in the hype. The pay is great but if you're at the wrong branch, the job is impossible. Yes, impossible. Read the reviews.  less
Pros
Small work environment, free lunches, independent job tasks
Cons
Pay (garbage rates, not getting paid on time), time off is based on the needs of the branch so it can be taken away at any time, sexism, dishonesty with customers
Poor Leadership
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriMarch 28, 2016
Tower Loan recruits students from college or right out of college. They prey on young, educated, individuals who are looking for experience and a chance at a management position. They make it sound like you are going to move up if you work hard and put in the hours. This is NOT the case! Your success is entirely based on which office they decide to place you in. The bigger the office, the more loans you make, the less hours you put in. The smaller the office, the less loans you make, the more hours you put in. I went from working standard business hours 5.5 days a week, to working 6 days a week in a smaller office. I went from working with 6 other people, to an office by myself (once the cashier quit). I had to run an entire office on my own. Was responsible for opening procedures, making calls, closing loans, taking payments, and dealing with angry desperate customers every day. I was not allowed to leave for lunch or have a Saturday off. I even ended up working on Sundays during the holidays. Since you are salary, you do not get compensated for the long hours. The worse part of the job is the sexist supervisors who continuously call and stop by the office to threaten your job. "Didn't make any loans today? We can have someone in there on Monday to replace you." I also got threaten by customers who were angry at me for calling their homes and work more than once a day, which is standard procedure. When I finally had enough, it was a relief to leave.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
No work/life balance. Inadequate supervisors. Low pay. Long hours.
its ok that;s about it
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSMarch 6, 2016
biweekly pay, long hours
not free time and very demanding
house visits to customers, very repetitious
depending on your manager or supervisor determines how long you'll stay but the pay is decent.
Great hours, decent (competitive) pay, and small offices with family-like staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOFebruary 10, 2016
I worked at an office for almost 5 years. The CSR job consisted mostly of filing, calling early stage delinquent customers, soliciting for loans, and taking payments in office and over the phone. The hours are great since you work Mon- Fri 8:30-5:30. With the office only being 3-6 people usually, you really become close with your co-workers. The is always room for advancement as long as you are willing to promote to run your own office and relocate.
Pros
Full benefits and 401K and vacation
Great Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 8, 2016
Faxing, filing and processing applications. Making outbound calls to get customers approved for another loan. Also mailing things out ...
Constant Work thourgout the day.
Manager in training (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJanuary 7, 2016
the work was fairly simple but can be challenging when working with the customers. The work is also repetitive so you know what you are doing each day.
Terrible Work Place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 17, 2015
The company cons people in to being hired, the qualifications to get
hired are way to high for such a low class company.
Management can be difficult dependent upon the individual the pay is
ridiculously low for the amount of work you do
Pros
absolutely none
Cons
everything
stressful workplace
Branch Manager/HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Tallulah, LADecember 2, 2015
It was a stressful place to work at, and I wanted a better career. The pay was ok, but your career advancements was ignored.
Pros
ok pay
Cons
no advancement opportunities nor job security
hated it
Branch Manager/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Covington, LANovember 10, 2015
tower is full of money hungry jack waggen who dosnt care about their employees and will fire you after you move 3 hours away from your house and family. do not suggest.
Pros
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tower Loan. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9