Towers Watson

Towers Watson Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJune 23, 2015
Vey good company to work for however there is rare job advancement.

Help employees and clients enroll into their medical benefits packages. Explain benefits and contact carriers for additional information if needed.
Overall it was an okay place to work.
Lead Benefits System Administrator (LBSA) (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 19, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: long hours
I learned a lot working at Towers Watson. I had excellent co-workers.
Hardest part of the job was work life balance. It is a very demanding place to work for. What I enjoyed most about Towers Watson was no day was the same it kept you on your toes and you were constantly learning.
Great place to work.
Senior Finance Associate (1998 – 2014) (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJune 6, 2015
Pros: work life balance, softball team, office party's, lunches, etc.
I learned a great deal working with many talented and smart people. My co-workers were helpful when learning new processes.
Exciting
Consultant (Former Employee), Woodbridge, CTMay 27, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, juice, waters etc.
Cons: 1 hour lunches makes for long days
Excellent company to work for. Really enjoyed my time working for them. If given another opportunity to come back, I would with a smile. Business slacked that is why they had to lay off workers.
nice place to work for
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 20, 2015
The people I worked here were very driven, working together as a team, helped each other out.
Compensation and benefits were excellent! working from home was always possible!
Overbearing company with very strict policy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 16, 2015
Pros: fast paced, good management.
Cons: Long days, little opportunity to get to know coworkers
Worked on phones nonstop, was not allowed to leave desk unless bathroom emergency or for lunch. Not very good opportunity to get to know fellow employees. Management was kind and helpful.
A good place to advance your knowledge
.NET Developer (Current Employee), PhiladelphiaMay 5, 2015
I have enjoyed my time at Towers Watson as a .NET web application developer. Benefits are good, but more importantly you have a chance to work with some brilliant minds.
Focused, collaborate environment that puts clients first
Senior Communications (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 23, 2015
Towers Watson is a large consulting organization with a "client first" mentality that also offers flexibility and a range of career opportunities for employees. A typical day in the Communications practice includes a mix of emailing with internal and client teams to manage an average of 3-6 projects; and drafting or editing client deliverables ranging from content for company benefit websites, brochures, emails, posters/postcards, etc. While career advancement is mainly in the hands of individuals, senior leaders are typically supportive of your career goals and interests and developing your skills. While the cyclical workload can be frustrating (swamped during certain months, looking for work the next), the people and the collaborative environment make it a great place to work.
You better know somebody to advance
Facilities and IT Coordinator, Operations Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 16, 2015
Pros: Proximity to Grand Central
Cons: Perks are terrible, office politics/culture leave a lot to be desired, no growth oppourtinity
If you want commiserate compensation for your abilities, find another job. If you want to advance and grow, find another job. If you have family or good friends working in the company, you're golden! It does not matter how hard you work or how over qualified you are, Towers Watson is NOT the place for you.
great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 9, 2015
great place to work. loved my peers and leaders. Great pay and hours. I would recommend this place to anyone. a day at work is great coworkers great management great not hard i love my team
Great Company
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 12, 2015
This is a great company. I enjoyed working for Towers Watson. The staff was polite and truly professional. They truly care about their staff.
Answering switchboard and processing food orders.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no sick time
Answering switchboard, submitting food orders for meetings and assisting management by processing room reservations. I learned a great deal from Towers Watson for example I became very knowledgeable with the high call volume on the switchboard, placing food orders for the conference center through Aramark. Assisted my manager with maintaining food invoices and try to be cost effective when ordering food. My manager and assistant manager were extremely easy to get along with and we were like a little family. My co-workers were also extremely nice and we respected each other. The hardest part of the job was doing our yearly goals. At times it would be a bit of a challenge to think of a new goal for myself but after some brainstorming it would eventually work out. My department of co-workers was the best part of my job. They were friendly, caring and very supportive. They made it a very comfortable and positive environment to work in.
A really funplace to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Hato Rey, PRJanuary 30, 2015
I really enjoyed my work and always looked forward to coming to work the following day.

My co-workers were easy to get along with including feeling comfortable talking to management regarding any issues.

The hardest part of the job was sometime gathering information from other top management personnel regarding salary surveys;

But really enjoyed the seminars and everything it entailed.
Great company, great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Woodbridge, CTJanuary 21, 2015
This company is great to work for. Benefits are great and the work environment is professional and friendly
Good place to intern
Analyst - Health and Group Benefits (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2015
Lockton is a great place to intern. The pay is not very competitive, but the work environment is a good learning experience on how full time workers spend their days in an office in Downtown Los Angeles. You are exposed to a wide variety of projects, as long as you continue to be available and ask for guidance.
Fast-paced workplace environment
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: met great friends
Cons: my client was slow, not a lot of activity
A temporary job for two months. Lots of communication between different people. Hard sitting for eight hours a day with a low call volume though. I wasn't on a busy client.
A perfect work environment
Pension Benefits Analyst (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 13, 2015
It doesn't take long to fit into a job, and to become familiar with the job environment. If you begin with asking many questions, then successfully obtaining the information, you can easily distribute said knowledge not only to the clients but also to your fellow coworkers. Taking the time to get to know your work place will better speed the process of your work experience.
Great people, not so great everything else
Service Center Representative (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 13, 2015
I enjoy everyone I work with and everyone is overly friendly (almost too friendly). I think where this job lost me was how everyone comes in as a contractor and they will extend your contract indefinitely in order to prevent making you a permanent employee. This prevents you from getting a pay increase as well as benefits.

I also didn't like the work much, as it was pretty tedious and the people who called in were generally upset about something. Other than that, it was a great job. Free soda too!
Senior Benefits Analyst (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 7, 2015
State of the Art Facility
Benefits Administrator- Contract (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: ton of work and hours! free pop
I was hired on for Annual Enrollment 2015. I learned new skills during training, on the job training, and throughout my daily routine. My typical day at work was non-stop and I loved it. During Annual Enrollment I received hundreds of calls from employees of our clients. The types of calls I handled were to enroll the employee in benefits, payroll issues, online portal support, and Health & Welfare plan knowlege. The hardest part of my job was dealing with a Death notification call. These calls are tough, you must have compassion and sympathy for those are talking to, they just lost a loved one and have to call in to ask questions regarding the deceases' life insurance. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I spoke with, the relationship with my co-workers/Managers, and our state-of-the-art facility.

1 2 3 4 5

About Towers Watson

Towers Watson is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective – Read more

Towers Watson Salaries