Towers Watson

Towers Watson Employer Reviews

Towers Watson allowed me to be a leader
Production / Mailroom Associate (Former Employee), Stamford, CTApril 24, 2014
Pros: i was able to get to know amazing people at a great job
Cons: i was laid off
Print and collate documents for clients. I did quality assurance, making sure all printed documents are ready for delivery to clients as requested.

I learned to listen to co-workers and then voice an opinion, is the best way come up with new ideas to improve customer service and the company.

The hardest part of the job is when a client feels over – more... whelmed in there work and finds it hard to communication the issue. It slows down work productivity, My responsibility is to find out the miss communication, and reassure the client that the situation is understood will be resolved on time.

The enjoyable part of the job, is working with co-workers and clients getting the job request for the day done. – less
Good
Technical lead (Current Employee), chicagoApril 17, 2014
Good location and work environment. Professional work environment.
Client Satisfaction Oriented Company
Benefits Specialist, Survivor Support Advocate (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches during the fall and sodas free all year round
Cons: healthcare
Answering calls from people who are having issues navigating Employee Self Service Website, questions about their health or pension benefits, and expanding knowledge on ever-changing market. The management is focused on keeping our clients happy and maintaining low answer speeds.
Towers Watson
Senior Team Lead - Benefit Service Center (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNMarch 23, 2014
Not enough push to advance within the company. Most advanced positions were filled from outside the company, which caused employee dissatisfaction.

Pay was decent.

Benefits were decent.

Many employees come off as overworked.
terrible firm
administrator (Former Employee), Redhill ukMarch 14, 2014
Cons: rubbish systems especially extensity time management
This was a company still using microfiches and archaic management. The boss was awful and everybody had a different way of doing the work.
The first day included a frosty meeting with the boss and then witness her have a stand up row with a co worker etc etc
HR were uninterested and incompetent
On the last day of the first six months without any warning – more... or previous discussions they fired me quite unexpectedly
Avoid – less
Great People made it a great company to work for.
Office Service Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: being laid off
I spent my whole career there I can't say a bad word about Towers Watson I was sad to leave when I was laid off. That said I learned a lot while I was there so I am very grateful for that. I learned how to use all of the Microsoft applications, deal with internal and external clients face to face and on the phone. I learned everything I know from working – more... there. – less
Fun
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Hartford, CTMarch 7, 2014
Very eager to help you learn. I did a lot of stuff at the job that involved learning and stuff. I dont know why I have to submit this review twice, please stop requiring me to repeat myself indeed.
cultures vary from city to city. Casual business attire.
Records Specialist/Production Assistant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: jeans to work, some free lunches once in a while
Cons: cold corporate management style, not serious about keeping good administrative talent (despite trying to say the opposite)
no opportunity for advancement in either administrative assistant division or office services division. Cultures vary from city to city. Some offices are suit and tie. Some are casual business attire. Good people, opportunity for fun culture, cold corporate management.
Summary of Employment at Towers Watson
Healthcare Benefits Admin (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: annual bonus
Provide administrative services for employers and additional associates with group insurance policies via inbound calls. Organize, explain and manage several employer based insurance programs. Review and explain benefits with customers and employers.
Awesome, productive company that always put learning first.
Associate Services Team (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 10, 2014
I had the opportunity to be employed by this great company for nearly 5 years. The culture, standards and building itself are all 5 start. My employment ended unfortunately, due to a merger and subsequent bout of layoffs. I would definitely work here again. I have only good things to say about Towers Watson. The knowledge and relationships that I gained – more... here are priceless. – less
Nice work environment with nice chairs and ergonomics computer keyboard
Pension Benefit Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2013
Pros: free lunches and nice work environment with few or no stress.
A typical day at work is pretty busy. The work is essentially intellectual and almost no physical work. I learn about retirement and pension benefit. The management is really good and there are some free lunches. Co-workers are really helpful. The hardest part of the job is to meet the deadline while getting all the paperwork complete. The most enjoyable – more... part of the work is the free lunch especially when it is barbecue. – less
Office Services Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 13, 2013
Great company to work for

Most enjoyable part helping clients and internal clients
High Paced Productive Employment
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 9, 2013
Pros: large knowledge base to add to employee's experience.
Cons: low compensation compared to industry competition
Good employer for entry level person to start. Employee can gain experience from many different lines of business to further their career line. Drawback is low compensation/benefit level compared to industry competitors. Manage has high level of involvement with employee groups which can hinder on productivity levels.
I'm apart of a team that works well with each other
Office Services Mail Clerk (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 9, 2013
Pros: working in one of the nicer areas of manhattan
Cons: lack of job security
- A typical day at work involves delivering packages to associates, creating production jobs for employees and clients, ordering office supplies, stocking pantries and copy rooms, and helping all lines of business when needed.
- I learned how a corporate office operates and functions, and how to be apart of a strong and tight knit office services team – more... that assists one another, and does every task to the best of my ability.
- I worked quite well with, and had a strong work relationship with all co-workers. A great job was done in putting each department and team together.
- The toughest part of my job, yet the part of my job that I believe I excel at is all of the multitasking that is involved when things get busy.
- The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help our co-workers with client projects in order to meet deadlines or last minute client needs. – less
Great way to succeed.
Team Lead (Current Employee), Los, Angeles CaliforniaNovember 20, 2013
Pros: wages
Cons: keeping up with supplies needed to produce
Overall the job is a great gateway to advance a career, and see more opportunities.
My Co-workers
Conference Center Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 20, 2013
I enjoyed going to work every day because of my co-workers. Everyone was always willing to stop what they are doing to help each other. We always had a team spirit type atmosphere in order to get the job done. It made for a very pleasant working experience.
Smart motivated associates committed to contributing to the success of clients.
Global Marketing Communications Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 7, 2013
Pros: exciting challenges in all areas of the global consultancy offer opportunities to learn.
Cons: post-merger growing pains and changing organizatonal structure.
Towers Watson consults most of the finest companies around the world on their key issues: financial services, risk management, human resources, benefits across industries and geographies.

Working in the Corporate Marketing Department, I learned about each of the company's business and worked on the major project of developing and launching the new – more... merged external and internal websites. It was a great experience.

In addition, I was often called on to stretch beyond my core skill set of marketing and communications to do knowledge management and competitor analysis.

I worked with associates and clients around the world. My days could touch associates in China, the United Kingdom, Spain, and all regions of the United States and associates at all levels and in all divisions.

Better than an MBA! – less
Large global Human Resources and Consulting firm with varied opportunities.
Benefits Data Source Analyst (Current Employee), White Plains, NYOctober 24, 2013
Pros: free coffee, casual fridays, gym and parking discounts, quarterly social events
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities, fragmented management
While I can only speak about the White Plains location, my time at Towers Watson has been fulfilling and productive. Unfortunately, advancement opportunities are few and far between, and the day-to-day work is rote and uninspiring.
Contract with Towers Watson
UI/UX Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2013
Working remotely for the most part I helped design surveys used by Fortune 500 HR departments.
Productive very professional busy work place.
Records Management Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 30, 2013
Checking my emails and phone messages of my colleague.
To work on a business and professional level.
Dealing with the business of the HR Administration.
A business and a professional working relationship.
Special Projects.
Up keeping the HR employee files records.

About Towers Watson

Towers Watson is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective – Read more