Towers Watson

Towers Watson Employee Reviews

Answering switchboard and processing food orders.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no sick time
Answering switchboard, submitting food orders for meetings and assisting management by processing room reservations. I learned a great deal from Towers Watson for example I became very knowledgeable with the high call volume on the switchboard, placing food orders for the conference center through Aramark. Assisted my manager with maintaining food invoices and try to be cost effective when ordering food. My manager and assistant manager were extremely easy to get along with and we were like a little family. My co-workers were also extremely nice and we respected each other. The hardest part of the job was doing our yearly goals. At times it would be a bit of a challenge to think of a new goal for myself but after some brainstorming it would eventually work out. My department of co-workers was the best part of my job. They were friendly, caring and very supportive. They made it a very comfortable and positive environment to work in.
A really funplace to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Hato Rey, PRJanuary 30, 2015
I really enjoyed my work and always looked forward to coming to work the following day.

My co-workers were easy to get along with including feeling comfortable talking to management regarding any issues.

The hardest part of the job was sometime gathering information from other top management personnel regarding salary surveys;

But really enjoyed the seminars and everything it entailed.
Great company, great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Woodbridge, CTJanuary 21, 2015
This company is great to work for. Benefits are great and the work environment is professional and friendly
Good place to intern
Analyst - Health and Group Benefits (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2015
Lockton is a great place to intern. The pay is not very competitive, but the work environment is a good learning experience on how full time workers spend their days in an office in Downtown Los Angeles. You are exposed to a wide variety of projects, as long as you continue to be available and ask for guidance.
Fast-paced workplace environment
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: met great friends
Cons: my client was slow, not a lot of activity
A temporary job for two months. Lots of communication between different people. Hard sitting for eight hours a day with a low call volume though. I wasn't on a busy client.
A perfect work environment
Pension Benefits Analyst (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 13, 2015
It doesn't take long to fit into a job, and to become familiar with the job environment. If you begin with asking many questions, then successfully obtaining the information, you can easily distribute said knowledge not only to the clients but also to your fellow coworkers. Taking the time to get to know your work place will better speed the process of your work experience.
Great people, not so great everything else
Service Center Representative (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 13, 2015
I enjoy everyone I work with and everyone is overly friendly (almost too friendly). I think where this job lost me was how everyone comes in as a contractor and they will extend your contract indefinitely in order to prevent making you a permanent employee. This prevents you from getting a pay increase as well as benefits.

I also didn't like the work much, as it was pretty tedious and the people who called in were generally upset about something. Other than that, it was a great job. Free soda too!
Senior Benefits Analyst (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 7, 2015
State of the Art Facility
Benefits Administrator- Contract (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: ton of work and hours! free pop
I was hired on for Annual Enrollment 2015. I learned new skills during training, on the job training, and throughout my daily routine. My typical day at work was non-stop and I loved it. During Annual Enrollment I received hundreds of calls from employees of our clients. The types of calls I handled were to enroll the employee in benefits, payroll issues, online portal support, and Health & Welfare plan knowlege. The hardest part of my job was dealing with a Death notification call. These calls are tough, you must have compassion and sympathy for those are talking to, they just lost a loved one and have to call in to ask questions regarding the deceases' life insurance. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I spoke with, the relationship with my co-workers/Managers, and our state-of-the-art facility.
Company that helps you develop thick skin
Project Administrator (Former Employee), Stamford, CTDecember 20, 2014
Working for Towers was good in the sense that it made me stronger and prepared me for my next position. I learned a lot and feel that I was able to succeed in my other jobs because of the training I had at Towers. The hardest part of the job was flexibility and knowing that there wasn't much room for growth, and if there was, we never really knew about it because no one ever told us or enabled us to grow.
if like consistancy
Benefits System Administrator (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 12, 2014
Pros: benefits for associates
Cons: no room for growth
TW is okay for entry level, I tried to move out of the call center and my new job was outsourced. If your okay with staying in the same dept and not much option for change this may be a good fit for you.
application data processor
Application Data Processor (Current Employee), Richardson, TXNovember 24, 2014
great company to work for. no benefits tho........
• Ensure that internal and external service levels are met in a timely and high-quality manner
• Facilitate application data collection from participants in a timely and accurate manner
• Ensure CMS, DOI and Carrier partner compliance requirements are met
• Resolve escalated issues in a timely manner to promote customer satisfaction
• Maintain client and participant data with the highest level of accuracy
N/A
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 20, 2014
I've learned so much at TW! The other business analysts I work with are a wealth of knowledge and provide much by way of support. The hardest part of this job was lack of training provided.
Global Service Company
Benefit Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Woodbridge, CTNovember 12, 2014
Pros: respectful, flexable, professional
Cons: temp work
Company is strong, global and diversified.
Opportunities are available if you are hired as a permanent employee.
Not much opportunity if you are a contractor or a temp.
Oracle DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Oracle DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 30, 2014
• Creating a new change over schema on the production databases. Was involved in the Quality Assurance (QA) and the Enterprise Change Management (CM) as well.
• Implemented Oracle Data Guard for oracle disaster recovery and OEM for database monitoring, performance and diagnostics have been configured
• Migration of database servers from Non-RAC (non-ASM) environment on 64 bit UNIX to RAC (with ASM) environment on HPUX.
• Monitored and tuning database to optimize the performance. Tuning involved I/O, Memory, CPU utilization, SQL Tuning, SGA tuning, Shared Pool tuning, Buffers and Disk I/O tuning using Oracle’s regular performance tuning tools like Explain Plan, Statspack, SQL*Trace, Tkprof, AWR & ADDM.
• Supported development effort by providing SQL statement tuning and query performance bottlenecks by using tools Explain Plan, SQL Trace, TOAD and Oracle Enterprise Manager.
• Implemented Oracle Data Change Capture supported by Oracle Streams
• Successfully implemented Backup & Recovery using RMAN which includes database hot backup, archive backup, obsolete backup and crosscheck backups.
Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2014
On a typical day, I will lead client and internal calls to discuss system requirements, ongoing issues or future enhancements needed for a particular project. Internal calls are used to check the status on the team, status on project items and to mainly assess if we need a plan B. I've learned that using your resources is key to the role. Communication and documentation are the strongest values to be a successful business analyst. The hardest part of my job can be juggling 5 different projects but communicating and consistently documenting my status on project items definitely help. The most enjoyable part of my job is breaking the system! That way I know it's been tested.
Slow and Steady
Enterprise Technology Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 14, 2014
Not a lot changes -- and changes always seem to take a long time. All in all, a good company to work for.
Actuarial Intern - Retirement Benefits Department (Former Employee), Southfield, MIOctober 13, 2014
Friendly co-workers and fun! I was an intern and I learned so much working here, even just for 3 months.
Good Place to Work, Changing Priorities
Senior Actuarial Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 13, 2014
Good management and co-workers.

Company is changing and the new businesses are the "future" so current large lines of business aren't seeing good growth and future prospects.
Little work-life balance
Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: good benefits package
Little work-life balance, however, different experiences in different offices/areas of the business
Headquarters