Oracle DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Oracle DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) – Dallas, TX – October 30, 2014
• Creating a new change over schema on the production databases. Was involved in the Quality Assurance (QA) and the Enterprise Change Management (CM) as well.
• Implemented Oracle Data Guard for oracle disaster recovery and OEM for database monitoring, performance and diagnostics have been configured
• Migration of database servers from Non-RAC (non-ASM) environment on 64 bit UNIX to RAC (with ASM) environment on HPUX.
• Monitored and tuning database to optimize the performance. Tuning involved I/O, Memory, CPU utilization, SQL Tuning, SGA tuning, Shared Pool tuning, Buffers and Disk I/O tuning using Oracle’s regular performance tuning tools like Explain Plan, Statspack, SQL*Trace, Tkprof, AWR & ADDM.
• Supported development effort by providing SQL statement tuning and query performance bottlenecks by using tools Explain Plan, SQL Trace, TOAD and Oracle Enterprise Manager.
• Implemented Oracle Data Change Capture supported by Oracle Streams
• Successfully implemented Backup & Recovery using RMAN which includes database hot backup, archive backup, obsolete backup and crosscheck backups.