Towers Watson

Towers Watson Employer Reviews

My Co-workers
Conference Center Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 20, 2013
I enjoyed going to work every day because of my co-workers. Everyone was always willing to stop what they are doing to help each other. We always had a team spirit type atmosphere in order to get the job done. It made for a very pleasant working experience.
Smart motivated associates committed to contributing to the success of clients.
Global Marketing Communications Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 7, 2013
Pros: exciting challenges in all areas of the global consultancy offer opportunities to learn.
Cons: post-merger growing pains and changing organizatonal structure.
Towers Watson consults most of the finest companies around the world on their key issues: financial services, risk management, human resources, benefits across industries and geographies.

Working in the Corporate Marketing Department, I learned about each of the company's business and worked on the major project of developing and launching the new – more... merged external and internal websites. It was a great experience.

In addition, I was often called on to stretch beyond my core skill set of marketing and communications to do knowledge management and competitor analysis.

I worked with associates and clients around the world. My days could touch associates in China, the United Kingdom, Spain, and all regions of the United States and associates at all levels and in all divisions.

Better than an MBA! – less
Large global Human Resources and Consulting firm with varied opportunities.
Benefits Data Source Analyst (Current Employee), White Plains, NYOctober 24, 2013
Pros: free coffee, casual fridays, gym and parking discounts, quarterly social events
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities, fragmented management
While I can only speak about the White Plains location, my time at Towers Watson has been fulfilling and productive. Unfortunately, advancement opportunities are few and far between, and the day-to-day work is rote and uninspiring.
Contract with Towers Watson
UI/UX Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2013
Working remotely for the most part I helped design surveys used by Fortune 500 HR departments.
Productive very professional busy work place.
Records Management Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 30, 2013
Checking my emails and phone messages of my colleague.
To work on a business and professional level.
Dealing with the business of the HR Administration.
A business and a professional working relationship.
Special Projects.
Up keeping the HR employee files records.
Great people to work with
HR Service Delivery Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 27, 2013
Great people to work with and room to grow your career. There is a lot of great learning opportunities.
If only money matters, then go for it
Service Center Team Lead (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 15, 2013
Pros: financially stable, health benefits, pension, 401k
Cons: micromanaged, no work/life balance, workaholic culture
The company overall is very financially stable and successful but that's about all the positive feedback I can provide.

The management was absolutely horrific in the service center and HR did nothing about it because the department had strong financials. I was never provided any positive feedback on my performance (which was very good for being there – more... nearly 5 years). The company does a lot to recruit new clients and retain them, but unfortunately it is at the expense of the employees outside life. I was expected to work 10-11 hour days consistently. I would totally agree with the reviewer who said it is a "workoholic" culture.

People there overall are friendly (aside from management), but nobody really has the time to genuinely get to know others because everything is tremendously micromanaged and "time is money" is constantly on your mind. – less
Invests in Associates
Web Analyst (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 29, 2013
TW invests in their associates and believe in developing their talent. Collaboration with colleagues is highly valued. Work/Life balance is a focus, but can be difficult during times with tight deadlines.
Very professional and driven group
Administrative Assistant - RTC (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: health insurance requires high deductibles
A typical day at work would be checking responding to emails, checking in with Consultants to get an idea of their anticipated day. Attending meetings and working on various assigments and projects.
Financial Billing Analyst (Former Employee), phila, paJuly 23, 2013
It was a pleasure working with Towers Watson. I gained a lot of experience, just wish the department would've stayed.
Insecure culture full of passive-agressive actuaries
Consultant (Former Employee), USAJune 8, 2013
Pros: benefits / job security
Cons: terrible culture / bus-drivers
It's a great name and great revenue, but most of the people are actuaries that have been promoted to "king of the nerd" status...there are few people with personalities, and having a personality is viewed as a negative there...many people are insecure and very passive aggressive (to the point of rude...)...i resigned due to excessive "blockers" and – more... many unkept promises...creativity and OTB thinking is reserved only for people that have been there 10+ years.....it feels like a pyramid scheme there....

if you want to stare at a spreadsheet all day and work with socially awkward people, than go for it! otherwise, aim for a better firm...

pay is decent, benefits are GREAT. – less
Interned part time during school.
Actuarial Intern (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 12, 2013
I interned at Towers part time while taking classes. I didn't necessarily feel like I was contributing to the team at all time; a lot of the work I did is what I believe to be stereotypical intern work. That being said, I did have a couple projects that I enjoyed, and my coworkers were friendly and willing to help.
Productive place with no work/life balance
Finance Billing Accountant/QA (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 26, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no time for your family
Manage and balance the daily finance invoice that were recieved. You must also make sure the rates, draft invoice and mark ups were correct and then complete a final invoice which would then go to the finance management team.
Great company with a truly unique culture
Compensation Intern (Former Employee), White Plains, NYApril 22, 2013
Having the opportunity to work at Towers Watson was a truly enjoyable experience. The entire department was extremely helpful and motivated. People at the company truly enjoy their jobs, and it shows in the work they produce.
Productive, laid back workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Woodbridge, CTApril 2, 2013
Pros: health benefits, salary
Cons: towers watson eliminated the department.
Towers Watson is an outsource health and welfare company which handles the health benefits department of numerous nation wide companies including fortune 500 companies.It acquired the original company which hired me.
Our department handled the flexible spending accounts for the employees of over 20 companies. As a customer service representative in – more... the call center, I answered inquiries about claims that were made, account balances and acceptable purchases. I thoroughly documented all calls into the data base for future inquiries, adjudicated claims based on federal guide lines set forth for flexible spending accounts and entered claims onto the client’s data base for processing.
Sometimes it was challenging to stay composed and polite while speaking to irate employees, but for the most part it was an enjoyable experience helping the employees understand their benefits.
All my co-workers in the Woodbridge office were cordial and helpful, as was management. – less
Good team work among co-workers
Benefits Associate/ Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Woodbridge, CTApril 2, 2013
Learned customer service, relationship building skills, training. recruiting and benefits administration.
Strong, successful Boston office
Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 25, 2013
With a changing business environment, as well as evolving HR related issues, Towers Watson has created a strong presence in the marketplace, and has developed and groomed professionals capable to take on those challenges moving forward.
Productive and good company to work for
Records Management Associate (Current Employee), White Plains, NYMarch 11, 2013
I manage and maintain High Density File Room for the OS department it’s my responsibility to enter new folders in the Opus iNet and maintain them on the shelves with all previously entered folders. I retrieve folders from Data Services and benefit data source groups and re file them in High Density File Room. I help clients with any questions they have – more... pertaining to file room. I am the main contact for Iron Mountain actives I schedule pick ups for offsite storage, ordering supplies and call backs if clients need files back from Iron Mountain; this gets very busy during the end of the year a lot of archiving takes place at this time. – less
Exceptional people to work with
East Central Finance Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: great people, easygoing atmosphere, lots of perks
Cons: high deductible healthcare
The most enjoyable part of my time at Towers Watson was the people. I had not only co-workers, but friends. The job varied day to day but was very motivating. Recognition was given when something was accomplished and I always felt appreciated.
Productive and great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 9, 2013
A typical day at work is busy managing calls,and other task such mailing,filing,processing return mail. With position i learned a lot in reference to medical information ,medical plans and how they work.My management team was great always there for assistance and willing to help.i didnt find anything hard about the job i enjoyed the work that i did – more... .Most enjoyable part was satisfying my customers. – less

About Towers Watson

Towers Watson is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective – Read more