Towers Watson

Towers Watson United States Employee Reviews

Good Place to Work, Changing Priorities
Senior Actuarial Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 13, 2014
Good management and co-workers.

Company is changing and the new businesses are the "future" so current large lines of business aren't seeing good growth and future prospects.
Little work-life balance
Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: good benefits package
Little work-life balance, however, different experiences in different offices/areas of the business
good work place
Business Analysis Intern (Former Employee), Albany, NYSeptember 9, 2014
even though i only worked there as a intern for one semester, but i love the company culture
Professional but relaxed, casual workplace
Compensation Analyst (Former Employee), White Plains, NYSeptember 6, 2014
Quiet, relaxing office with friendly, polite employees. Conducive to productivity.
Call Center Environment with high turn over
Benefits Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: nice building and places near by
Cons: high turn over, not too much to career growth
Call Center has high turn over. Not what you think of the job.
Unexciting
Actuarial Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 24, 2014
Pros: decent work-life balance
Cons: low pay, poor managment
Retention is really poor at Towers Watson. Projects tend to be repetitive and do not challenge one's thinking. Management at the Houston office is sterile and do not promote any office culture.
Great place to work.
Office Services (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: friendly, productive environment
Typical day: routine, easy going.
Management: friendly, client-focused
BENEFITS CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 15, 2014
Its a great company who is growing fast. The atmosphere and environment is great as well.
Very Diverse workplace
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJune 26, 2014
Working for the Risk and Financial Services department was fun and rewarding. I was extremely happy to become involved in the invoice of client needs once services were rendered. Oracle database was the driving force of our billing concepts.

The Most rewarding part of the job was working with a wonderful group of people worldwide.
professional, collaborative culture
Project Manager & Employee Survey Consultant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 18, 2014
Professional, collaborative culture. Senior Leaders truly care about employees and go out of their way to ensure the population is engaged.
Towers Watson in Stockholm: very good management and work life culture.
Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee), Stockholm, MEMay 25, 2014
Pros: a lot of authority to do your own job.
Empathetic managment and very nice people working in the office.
It was professional, lots of traveling, opportunity to meet new people
Records Management Team Leader (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 30, 2014
Pros: it was professional, lots of traveling, opportunity to meet new people
Cons: growth limitations
It was professional, lots of traveling, opportunity to meet new people
Towers Watson allowed me to be a leader
Production / Mailroom Associate (Former Employee), Stamford, CTApril 24, 2014
Pros: i was able to get to know amazing people at a great job
Cons: i was laid off
Print and collate documents for clients. I did quality assurance, making sure all printed documents are ready for delivery to clients as requested.

I learned to listen to co-workers and then voice an opinion, is the best way come up with new ideas to improve customer service and the company.

The hardest part of the job is when a client feels over whelmed in there work and finds it hard to communication the issue. It slows down work productivity, My responsibility is to find out the miss communication, and reassure the client that the situation is understood will be resolved on time.

The enjoyable part of the job, is working with co-workers and clients getting the job request for the day done.
Good
Technical lead (Current Employee), chicagoApril 17, 2014
Good location and work environment. Professional work environment.
Client Satisfaction Oriented Company
Benefits Specialist, Survivor Support Advocate (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches during the fall and sodas free all year round
Cons: healthcare
Answering calls from people who are having issues navigating Employee Self Service Website, questions about their health or pension benefits, and expanding knowledge on ever-changing market. The management is focused on keeping our clients happy and maintaining low answer speeds.
Towers Watson
Senior Team Lead - Benefit Service Center (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNMarch 23, 2014
Not enough push to advance within the company. Most advanced positions were filled from outside the company, which caused employee dissatisfaction.

Pay was decent.

Benefits were decent.

Many employees come off as overworked.
terrible firm
administrator (Former Employee), Redhill ukMarch 14, 2014
Cons: rubbish systems especially extensity time management
This was a company still using microfiches and archaic management. The boss was awful and everybody had a different way of doing the work.
The first day included a frosty meeting with the boss and then witness her have a stand up row with a co worker etc etc
HR were uninterested and incompetent
On the last day of the first six months without any warning or previous discussions they fired me quite unexpectedly
Avoid
Great People made it a great company to work for.
Office Service Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: being laid off
I spent my whole career there I can't say a bad word about Towers Watson I was sad to leave when I was laid off. That said I learned a lot while I was there so I am very grateful for that. I learned how to use all of the Microsoft applications, deal with internal and external clients face to face and on the phone. I learned everything I know from working there.
Fun
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Hartford, CTMarch 7, 2014
Very eager to help you learn. I did a lot of stuff at the job that involved learning and stuff. I dont know why I have to submit this review twice, please stop requiring me to repeat myself indeed.
cultures vary from city to city. Casual business attire.
Records Specialist/Production Assistant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: jeans to work, some free lunches once in a while
Cons: cold corporate management style, not serious about keeping good administrative talent (despite trying to say the opposite)
no opportunity for advancement in either administrative assistant division or office services division. Cultures vary from city to city. Some offices are suit and tie. Some are casual business attire. Good people, opportunity for fun culture, cold corporate management.

About Towers Watson

Towers Watson is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective – Read more

Towers Watson Salaries