Town Pump Employee Reviews in United States

Good job to keep yourself busy and learn life skills.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  East Helena, MTJuly 9, 2016
It was a job I enjoyed daily. I learned more responsibility in life, tactics to reduce the percent chance of theft and how to handle it if it occurred. The management was tough on you, and very serious about work, but is among the best of management teams out there. Most of my co-workers seemed good for the job and worked hard, although there's always a bad apple. The hardest part of the job was keeping yourself busy, as a cashier, when there was no customers in the store. There was a large amount of side work to be done, depending on your shift, but could be accomplished with great speed if everyone worked together. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working with the customers, I loved manning the till. I have superb customer service, and was told so many times.
Pros
Free soda, smoke breaks (but I don't smoke)
Cons
No free food, not really a "lunch" break given
nice work environment depending on location but not very organized
Floor Runner (Former Employee) –  Butte, MTFebruary 26, 2016
there were great nights at work but then there was some slow nights and I learned a lot about the casino business team work is definitely a must management was a little lost at times and some of the staff are great people I think the hardest part of the job was staying up at night when they were slow and the most enjoyable part about the job was the great tips
A most pleasant job
Breakfast Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MTApril 5, 2016
A typical day at the Townhouse Inn was for the most part very enjoyable, with a chance to interaction with a variety of different folks.I learnt a great many thing from the time I worked at the Inn.
*To be more professional in my job.
*That one can always learn no matter how long you at work job.
*That the management did try to take care of any problem that might arise, be it with guest or employees
*The hardest part of this job was the days that we had 300 plus guest and I was alone, but everything got done.
*The most enjoyable part of the job were the countless interesting and very kind people ,that stayed at the Inn. Some were so kind and thoughtfull. A number of the folks that came down from Canada were so very delightful.
Pros
We were given a number of meals, a number of gifts and awards. and some of the best training.
Cons
There is no job any where that is perfect, but for the most part this one ranks about as high on the ladder as you could get. Thanks.
not a bad place to work, but they are not considerate of family matters
Cashier/Deli (Former Employee) –  Troy, MTJanuary 21, 2016
I only worked here for a little over a month. they are not a bad place to work and almost everyone is nice there, but when it comes to family matters they are not very considerate. and everyone there has a problem with bad mouthing each other and the management does nothing to stop it. lots of favoritism.
Great place to get to know the comunity and travelers
Assistant Manager, Maintenance, Clerk (Former Employee) –  Deer Lodge, MTFebruary 4, 2016
It is very rewarding to meet and greet the locals and travelers from across the country. I enjoyed working with my team. It was a fun place to work.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Short breaks, Standing in one place for long periods of time
a fun place to work.
cashier/ deli (Former Employee) –  Whitefish, MTApril 18, 2016
I liked that every day was different always something new. The opportunity for advancement was there if you wanted to go forward into management.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
the schedule changed alot
Productive and a great place to work
Grocery Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lolo, MTNovember 2, 2015
I loved my job at Town Pump. I have made many friends and provided great customer service. Management was great. I started off as a cashier and moved up to Grocery Merchandiser. My position entailed many things. I organized and stocked the cooler, checked in vendors, changed the trash inside and out, filled window wash, paper towels, audit prep and much more.
Pros
Gained a lot of friends and moved up in the company
Cons
healthcare
Fast-paced and energetic work place
CASHIER/DELI HELPER (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMarch 24, 2016
Town Pump is a fast-paced work place. Time management is extremely necessary due to the fact that a single shift includes many tasks.
productive
Cashier/Deli (Former Employee) –  Butte, MTOctober 13, 2015
when i was hired for town pump i was just thrown on with out any training of any kind i trained my self on most thing i was supposed to take a razz class before i could sell alcohol or tobacco but i didn't until about four months after i started it was chaos there nothing was ever organized or anything
Pros
good food
Cons
awfull management/ co workers
favortism
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Butte, MTJanuary 26, 2016
some employees can get away with anything while the others get into trouble.the work ethic in the work place is lacking.
Pros
favortism
Cons
short breaks
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eureka, MTOctober 23, 2015
I worked on the grave yard shift there. I was all ways the only one there at night. this place was the only place in town that was open 24/7 and at night would get bizy but everyone who would come in at night new that there was only one person on at any given time.
It is what it is. But good work environment and advancement opportunity
Graveyard Cashier (Former Employee) –  MissoulaNovember 23, 2015
Good company that is locally owned and good for the local economy. There is management problems but it is a good job with lots of room for advancement.
under good management it is a good place to work.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Libby, MTNovember 18, 2015
I enjoyed working at Town pump and you could work your way up to management. For the most part co-workers were fun to work with
Cons
drive offs, and grave yards
town pump
clerk (Former Employee) –  great falls mtNovember 2, 2015
town pump where no one ever really cares what your doing as long as your getting your job done they leave you alone. they are good people on the inside. they keep out of the personal life which is good
Enjoyable & decent pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTSeptember 18, 2015
Enjoyable place to work, if you get along with your co-workers. Wages are alright for a cashiering position. During certain times of the day it can get really busy because everyone else is getting off of work, so you need to be able to work fast.
To much Drama within the company
Cashier/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Milltown, MTJune 1, 2015
It hard to advance in the company when they only see the value as a cashier or they then to use the people who work as secondary status when management is not around.

Depending on the manager on the favoritism he or she will show on employee who do not work as hard at the other ones.

Love working with customer and employee who like to work and help each other.

Management leaving someone in charge who does not possesses the skill to help employee or to much favoritism on how well they seem to not do there work each day.
Pros
Customer, some of the people I worked with
Cons
To much Drama, and back stabbing
It was a good job for me.
Payroll File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Butte, MTApril 6, 2015
In my time working for Town Pump, I learned a lot. It taught me patience and perseverance. It was very busy and rewarding. If I am ever faced with the choice to work for them again, I will not hesitate.
Pros
Benefits, pay and great people
Cons
sometimes too busy and caotic
This a fun and fast pased job
Grocery Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Anaconda, MTDecember 13, 2014
You would get to work and take inventory on the first things that you need to know about then jump into to helping customers. This job teaches how to deal with all kinds of people and what you need to do. They like to move dedicated employee's up quickly and get them in a management class. Some customers are never satisfied and will be hard to calm down. The most enjoyable part of the this job is moving up and learning all the positions they have.
Pros
great for learning customer service and working on management
Cons
sometimes you just have to handle upset customers knowing there is nothing yourself can do.
productive and still enjoyable
Book Keeper (Current Employee) –  Shelby, MTDecember 6, 2014
arrive to work before most others and et my day started. As everyone arrives later that morning we stop and talk to see how each other has been. Once I have completed my responsibilities for the day I usually find someone else to help or find something else to do until quitting time.
Stressful and Set you up to FAIL
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  BonnerApril 12, 2013
I worked here for 3 years. When I was in the merchandising position I enjoyed my job very much but then I accepted the position for deli manager. I had no previous experience in food service or management and received no training. Despite how hard I worked I never once got my full bonus. The DM is nice in the beginning because they need the position filled and then they are constantly on your back, expecting more and more out of you while giving you absolutely no support. The money is not worth the stress, I have never regretted walking away from this place and would never consider going back.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
stressful, no training, bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Town Pump. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9