Town Pump Employee Reviews

Disliked Most of it, managers/employees were cool
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ronan, MTNovember 8, 2017
It wasn't a bad place to work if you're desperate, but overall i did not like it. There was too much workplace drama, the pay was bad, the hours were inconsistent, the job was unfun, boring, and stressful.
Pros
cool managers, cool employees
Cons
bad pay, stressful, boring
Good learning
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Colstrip M.T.November 2, 2017
I was taught everything here. Did books, deli, ordered, stocked and move into the casino area. Great place to grow in and become your own manager. Very fulfilling.
Pros
learning
Cons
stress
every day work day
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, MTNovember 2, 2017
fast paced depending on how many customers per day, cleaning store takes a long time depending on business that day and the same things are done on a daily basis.
Pros
meet new people, increase Customer service skills
Cons
short breaks not enough employees for every shift
great company
BOOKKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MTOctober 25, 2017
great company with great pay. you have to keep busy. management is good at least at locations I've worked at. hard part of job is locations require a lot of standing so for person with health issues or feet or leg issues may not be for them in Great falls. I had knee surgery and can't be on feet for long periods yet. so I just do books which is something I do love to do. I wish for more hours but the work isn't there for desk jobs. if I could stand though opportunities are there for people.
Pros
great pay
Cons
had surgery and wasn't able to be on feet 40 hrs sitting job is less hrs. no desk work
It was an experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MTOctober 20, 2017
It was my first time working on the graveyard shift and I came to realize I liked it. I am a known night owl so it was the right shift for me to be at.
employee were nice but not management
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTSeptember 29, 2017
town pump was okay to work for. the new store manager was overly write up happy. Deli manager was good to work for and was fair with you. Advancement was allmost non happening
Pros
worked 8 straight hours with breaks
Cons
manager micro managed
typical job duties
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTSeptember 19, 2017
I had no real complaints about this job. It had fair pay rates and benefits. I left on my own accord and i would recommend this job to anyone with great social skills and cashier experience. It can be stressful just as any job is but management can be flexible to the workers needs.
Pros
Free ice and fountain drinks only cost a quarter while on duty
Good
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, MTSeptember 18, 2017
As far as structure and stability they are wonderful at it. They are a great corporation to work for as long as your willing to put the time and effort into the job.
Fast-paced and competitive work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTSeptember 3, 2017
Town Pump is a fast-paced work environment, with a heavy focus on customer service. Cashiers, food handlers, management, and merchandisers work together to keep a store running smoothly. The amount of talents one garners at Town Pump are plentiful, and highly applicable to various job environments, including customer service, computer usage, cash handling, food preparation, and more. The workplace culture is generally supportive, with many benefits provided for employees, along with many opportunities for promotion.
Pros
Good benefits package, good chance for promotion
Pay and Benefits Suck
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Miles City, MTAugust 31, 2017
Pending on where you work, Casino, Hotel, or Truck Stop, the job can be easy or stressful. I worked at a Hotel and Truck Stop, the Truck Stop sucked in every way possible, but the Hotel was easy. The biggest problem with Town Pump is the pay and benefits and as bad as they get.
Pros
You Get A Pay Check
Cons
Pay & Benefits Are Terrible
getting to work around new customers everyday is nice
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTAugust 22, 2017
overall this company has its issues like any other but working for a customer service company can also be very entertaining and rewarding especially when you can help the customer
Great company.
Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Livingston, MTAugust 16, 2017
They take very good care of their employees. They have flexible schedules. They will also help you advance in the company and cross train you in anything you would like to learn.
Pros
Great customers
Stocking
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Conrad, MTJuly 25, 2017
I liked this job a lot it was easy and nice, wonderful manager and nice employees, working in the cooler was hard at first but after awhile you get use to it, was very nice though on hot days, I asked for more work because I liked it so much and it felt comfortable.
Decent place to work with great people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, MTJuly 24, 2017
Might as well try it out .decent pay, decent benefits but awesome people for sure. They're all over Montana so if you move you can just transfer and have a job right away.
fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Butte, MTJuly 23, 2017
busy stores. I worked at several of them and because I went to work every day other stores tried to steal me. Never worked less that 50 hours a week. Loved the OT
Pros
busy
Cons
busy
Terrible place to work
NIGHT SHIFT ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Troy, MtJuly 17, 2017
Barely get paid above minimum wage while managers keep adding job duties to your shift because they don't want to do their job. Deal with drunks who are too stupid to understand Montana has a cutoff time for alcohol sales.
Pros
No drug test
Cons
low pay, lazy coworkers, drunk people
Town Pump Inc. Polson MT
Cashier/Customer Service/Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Polson, MTJune 26, 2017
Town pump was a fantastic place to start your career if you love working with other people and such. I dedicated my job to my customers because as we all know; CUSTOMERS ARE #1!! ;-)
Pros
free drinks every shift & discounts
Cons
n/a
Overall a good company but a little unorganized.
Housekeeping and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MTJune 19, 2017
The management style is unique. Company is short staffed leading to overtime opportunities. Training is provided. Can be unorganized at times. Lots of employment opportunities.
Pros
Lots of jobs
Cons
Short breaks
fast and very freindly
Retail Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTJune 19, 2017
Town Pump is a very good company to work for very friendly and fast pace. It is very family orientated and work with you if you have unexpected emergencies.
Pros
benefits fast pace very friendly
Fun Work Environment with lots of room for advancement
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJune 17, 2017
This was the perfect job to work through college. And I even got some management experience out of it! I made a lot of friends here and they were very flexible with my crazy schedule. They also have excellent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Town Pump. Our community is ready to answer.