Town Pump Employee Reviews

Love working for TownPump
Manager (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTFebruary 19, 2017
I've worked for Town Pump for going on 4 years in the casino division. I started as an Assistant Manager and moved up to manage my own location after about a year. There is ALWAYS room for advancement in this company! You get great benefits. Ya sometimes you'll hit a rough patch being in management but overall I have learned soooo much by taking this job in the first place. Highly recomend :)
Benefits
Cons
Being called in lol
I enjoyed working there
Cashier/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Hardin, MTJanuary 20, 2017
Great job experience and I really would like to go back and enjoyed it very much. It gave me room to grow. The MIT program is great.
Horrible
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTJanuary 15, 2017
The worst place I've ever worked, schedules are terrible, you get no lunch breaks, coworkers have no respect for other coworkers, management isn't willing to do anything about it. Hours are extremely inconsistent, you can work a swing shift until midnight and then be expected to come back at 7 in the morning
Pros
Cons
No lunch break, inconsistent hours
Good job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJanuary 11, 2017
This was a good place to work. They train well and put you in a place to succeed. It is long hours, but you are compensated well.I would still be there if it was not I needed more time for familly
It was a OK job I would work there again
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJanuary 11, 2017
When I worked at the store that I did it had a lot of issues with management and people rarely showed up for their shift but other then that it was a gas station job and for that it was a good job and paied fairly
Can be fun, but has its drawbacks
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJanuary 7, 2017
The customers at my store in particular were great for the most part. I enjoyed working with anyone there. However, the management was a little lacking in the communication department. There were several instances where I was expected to do certain tasks that I either weren't properly trained for or not trained for at all. Other than that, I have no complaints.
Pros
Good pay, fun work environment
Cons
lack of communication between management and employees.
ok work flow
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTDecember 27, 2016
I rally enjoyed this job I have a lot of experience in this field. my favorite part was the relationships I developed with both the customers and the employees
Pros
paid breaks, 401k, benefits
Cons
down times get very boring
great
Maitenance (Former Employee) –  Troy, MTDecember 26, 2016
great place to work. great hours and management does a great job. I was always thrilled to show up to work in the morning! The hardest part of the job is when I worked graveyard and had to get used to going to sleep in the morning and working at night. the most enjoyable part o the job was knowing your crew members were willing to help you out when you were swamped, everyone pitched in to make sure the workload was evenly distributed.
Pros
greatb people to work with and hous
Great job, for an after school job, easy workplace and fun employees
Cashier/weekend suprovior (Current Employee) –  Miles City, MTOctober 29, 2016
Alright no complaints, left job to go to college would still work there if I wouldn't have left. Everything ran smoothly there and the boss would take time out of his day to talk with employees to make sure they were happy or take time to fix issues or concerns
Pros
Meet interesting people and get to know the guest staying in the campground and motel
Cons
24hr job
fun and fast paced
Deli Clerk/Cook (Former Employee) –  Forsyth, MTOctober 25, 2016
A typical day of work started out slower so I had time to prep for the day. Had to multi-task through out the day due to short staffed or call ins. Used a lot of time management all day as well to provide fresh hot food, cleanliness, and prompt service. It was a fast paced environment which kept it fun and exciting and made the days go by fast.
I learned how to improve where is needed not only for myself but for the company. I also learned how important my input was in my work environment to help improve the safety and customer satisfaction. I also learned how to make things easier and faster while following guidelines and regulations for the store and company. Learned how to be a self starter and leader.
Management was fair and friendly in a professional matter. At times problems went unnoticed or unsolved, and a lot would gossip or be on their phones most of the day leading to unfinished duties. Other then that they were helpful and understanding.
My co-workers were friendly and helpful since day one. We all worked as a team, and helped each other out. There wasn't a time where I couldn't count on them or they couldn't count on me. Great group of people.
The only hardest part of the job was the gossip, cell phones, and drama in the management area. Harder to get things completed or finished due to unrealistic time frames and goals. Also running out of products.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public and our regular customers. It made my day to know I would improve someone's day even if it was the slightest.
Pros
friendly and helpful staff
Cons
running out of products and gossip
Decent Place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Livingston, MTOctober 24, 2016
everyday was very routine. management wasn't the best, scheduling was wacky and there were many days where coworkers called off work. however on the days that all the scheduled people were working everybody was like a big family. the regular customers were great to communicate with.
If you live in missoula avoid at all costs!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTOctober 13, 2016
Don't let the high starting pay fool you. Working for this company is the worst. The only plus side is that you'll most likely never get fired no matter how badly you do your job.
Pros
Never get fired
Cons
Wonderful enviroment to work at.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Butte, MTJuly 27, 2016
Wonderful employees,
Wonderful boss to work for
easy going work environment.
I learned how to work registers.
The hardest part is making sure not to forget to relax if the are more than one problems to solve.
Pros
Free fountain drinks
Cons
Safe and fun work environment with nice co-workers and decent management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Big Timber, MTJuly 26, 2016
On a typical work day, I ran the register while helping and greeting customers. In between customers I would clean the store and stock the cooler. I learned how important it was to work as a team, and with management, which I had a good management crew along with decent co-workers. I feel the hardest part of the job is having to get the lines cleared out being the only one working the graves. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new people and making some good friends.
Pros
Was able to work with the public
Cons
Had to eat lunch in between customers
Good job to keep yourself busy and learn life skills.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  East Helena, MTJuly 9, 2016
It was a job I enjoyed daily. I learned more responsibility in life, tactics to reduce the percent chance of theft and how to handle it if it occurred. The management was tough on you, and very serious about work, but is among the best of management teams out there. Most of my co-workers seemed good for the job and worked hard, although there's always a bad apple. The hardest part of the job was keeping yourself busy, as a cashier, when there was no customers in the store. There was a large amount of side work to be done, depending on your shift, but could be accomplished with great speed if everyone worked together. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working with the customers, I loved manning the till. I have superb customer service, and was told so many times.
Pros
Free soda, smoke breaks (but I don't smoke)
Cons
No free food, not really a "lunch" break given
dealing with the public
Deli / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Butte, MTJuly 7, 2016
In the deli I had to work with hot oil, the stove, and an oven to prepare food for customers. I also had to keep Deli clean, such as wash dishes, clean counters, sweep and mop the floors.
As cashier I had to handle money, put money in a safe, ensure good Customer service, and ask if the customer came for car wash
Pros
free coffee, and fountain drink
Cons
dealing with people
a fun place to work.
cashier/ deli (Former Employee) –  Whitefish, MTApril 18, 2016
I liked that every day was different always something new. The opportunity for advancement was there if you wanted to go forward into management.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
the schedule changed alot
A most pleasant job
Breakfast Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MTApril 5, 2016
A typical day at the Townhouse Inn was for the most part very enjoyable, with a chance to interaction with a variety of different folks.I learnt a great many thing from the time I worked at the Inn.
*To be more professional in my job.
*That one can always learn no matter how long you at work job.
*That the management did try to take care of any problem that might arise, be it with guest or employees
*The hardest part of this job was the days that we had 300 plus guest and I was alone, but everything got done.
*The most enjoyable part of the job were the countless interesting and very kind people ,that stayed at the Inn. Some were so kind and thoughtfull. A number of the folks that came down from Canada were so very delightful.
Pros
We were given a number of meals, a number of gifts and awards. and some of the best training.
Cons
There is no job any where that is perfect, but for the most part this one ranks about as high on the ladder as you could get. Thanks.
Fast-paced and energetic work place
CASHIER/DELI HELPER (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMarch 24, 2016
Town Pump is a fast-paced work place. Time management is extremely necessary due to the fact that a single shift includes many tasks.
nice work environment depending on location but not very organized
Floor Runner (Former Employee) –  Butte, MTFebruary 26, 2016
there were great nights at work but then there was some slow nights and I learned a lot about the casino business team work is definitely a must management was a little lost at times and some of the staff are great people I think the hardest part of the job was staying up at night when they were slow and the most enjoyable part about the job was the great tips

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Town Pump. Our community is ready to answer.

72%