Town Sports International Employee Reviews

small club
Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Westwood, NJMay 24, 2017
the club in Westwood, NJ is very small. Management is very relaxed, cleaning up the club is a must every 2 hours however, the gym is small enough to clean up.
with great strength...
Personal Trainer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 23, 2017
The staff is truly a family. very supportive of each other, so you'll always have a source to help solve any of the issues on your plate. If you don't have a trainer licence, don't worry they can help you acquire the tools and help study to achieve it.
quick pace hard working enviorment
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 22, 2017
working for new york sports club wasnt too bad. although staff was a little diffcult to handle it wa still a decent enviorment and we got the job done.
Housekeeping. friendly staff, variety of machines.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11215May 21, 2017
Staff are friendly to a fault. There are a multitude of machines from cardio to weights, the trainers are very knowledgeable and encouraging. the free classes are amazing and the gym has a sauna and steam room in each of the locker rooms. The best part of the job is meeting different people, seeing your friends and the worst would have to be cleaning the big messes some of the members leave behind. I honestly never would've guessed that people can be so gross sometimes.
Pros
free memberships for employees
Cons
nasty members
it was a nice place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2017
It was nice, i had a good time customers were good the management was a little unprofessional. Overall I enjoyed working here and they worked with my school schedule really well
Ok place to work
Fitness Staff (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 16, 2017
I worked as a fitness staffer for about 7 months while in high school. I would maintain the equipment and clean up throughout the facility. The hardest part was making friend because I was the youngest employee. I was in high school while most employees attended Harvard University.
Productive Place and Lifestyle change motivator
Front Desk Club Operations (Current Employee) –  Larchmont, NYMay 15, 2017
My typical day is to ensure the club opens on time and that the members are satisfied with their club experience. Ensuring cleanliness and equipment maintenance to ensure member safety.
typical day
Laundry (Current Employee) –  Elmsford, NYMay 15, 2017
I've learned better time management.
Got to use my organization skills.
Management helps get the job done.
Its a family style work environment.
Meeting new people.
Pros
friendly enviorment
Cons
late night working
Good job
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 13, 2017
Working for Town Sports International allowed me to create my own client base and my own hours in which to see my clients. The downside was the required floor hours and cleaning hours.
new york sports club
Equipment tech (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2017
New York sports club is a terrible place to work and i do NOT recommend it to anybody. There is no room for growth and they do not care about there employees.
fun work place
Front Desk Associate, Clean Team (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 9, 2017
I love that I can come in and do what I enjoy doing. I love fitness, is not something that I do just because is a trend now a day, but because I actually love it. I love that I can talk to anyone about my job and what I do there.
good part time
Welcome team member (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10027May 7, 2017
It is a great place for entry level. It is a place for part time work. Or if you are into moving up in the fitness field. I do recommend it then. good staff great members.
Typical Gym
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMay 6, 2017
Very boring job. would just stand there and answer phone calls and scan people into the gym. Typical gym job. Sometimes they would ask you to pick up towels in the locker room which is definitely not on the job description. Decent job for a student who is focusing on their studies but need extra income.
Pros
free membership
Cons
horrible pay, boring, rude customers who feel entitled and would belittle you
Company sucks, work place was nice
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2017
The location i worked at is known to be one of the worst in the district however I learned to get along very well with the members there. I enjoyed my employment solely due to the relationship Ive built with my manager who helped me as much as they could to help me move up.
The company is very strict on giving hours and if you should go over their budget they at times do not pay. They do not give full time hours only part time. Due to they do not want to give benefits howver due to that fact flexibility is available.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Hours
Alright place to work at
Clean Team (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 3, 2017
Its a good environment to work at managers are reasonable easy job friendly people. Hardest part of the job was cleaning after people but besides that its a good working enviorment
Good
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2017
I did not like how their team work. I was working on the front desk however there was not an environment of improvement to accomplish our Job. Coworkers are not really helpful.
Productive and great place ro work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 3, 2017
I am a people person, who gives 110% customer servuce always. I am friendly, good at problem solving, very well liked by members. Its a great place to interacr with people,build relationships.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
No benefits
Was a flexible place to work while in school
Childcare & Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 30, 2017
This isn't a place to make your career. The pay is minimum wage. There are no real benefits. But it is a good place to work for someone in school or someone that just needs some part-time extra income.
Good management
Membership Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mahopac, NYApril 25, 2017
I had a great experience here. Management was a great leader who offered great coaching skills. Culture was very competitive but laid back as well. Always on edge to make sales. Learned a lot through sales training.
dynamic
Regional Business Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2017
They are evolving into a new sorta fitness company striving to get ahead of the industry trends taking calculated risks. company mission and guidelines recently re-invented. Making progress to relate to millennial staff and include everyone. young aggressive leaders

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Town Sports International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8