Town Sports International

Town Sports International Employee Reviews

Fun
Cashier/ Customer Represenative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2016
This place was a good place to work at, i had lots of fun with the people i worked wit . the management was good, very understanding. greeting customers with a warm and welcomed face was a good experience.
Pros
free access to the gym, lunch breaks were at a reasonable time
Cons
no benefits
unstable work enviornment
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2016
When I worked for TSI I cant say that I was very happy. Their hours are long, where you had to stand for long periods of time. If you were sick finding a replacement to cover your shift was almost impossible so more than likely you had to come in even if you were not feeling well. Co workers almost never followed through with a team player environment, and managers always picked favorites. The hardest part of the job was to not take any type of unfairness personally and just come in to work your shift.
A nice place to work
Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chalfont, PAJune 6, 2016
A nice place to work
Always enough work to keep you occupied for a full days work.
Compitent staff and talented trainers.
Bsc
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAMay 3, 2016
BSC was a miserable experience. I don't appreciate their management style. It was hard to get hours and I didn't feel that my concerns were being heard. I have to say the compensation was more than I expected.
Do not work here
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Chalfont, paNovember 7, 2012
This job listing is for the customer service department - not at the clubs. Not management. Not trainers. This job listing puts you on a phone without your consent and you get screamed at ALL DAY by angry customers. This company treats their members like trash and its your job to let them spew it all out on you. As an employee, you are treated like a child. You can get fired for being 2 minutes late. They fill you with promises of advancement and never follow through. The raises are a joke.

If you want to be the verbal punching bag for screaming New York all day for low pay, terrible benefits and never get anywhere, this is the job for you. I don't know one employee here who enjoys their job.

Sorry.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
management is up your backside all day, they even count the seconds you take to use the bathroo, . the whole job is a con.
poor management and abusive managers
Membership Coordinator (Former Employee) –  23 st park ave sMay 10, 2016
Do not work here. terrible conditions. poor management discriminatory, abusive managers, minimum wage, i hated every minute
Great career for experience
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2015
You can move up with a lot of experience, but compensation will not match work roles. Expect a lot of work with minimal pay.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Lack of compensation
New atmosphhere
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 21, 2016
Working 9 hours a day working with customers. Always something new to do each month. Different locations for multiple opportunities, and some room to grow.
Great Work Environment
Membership Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2016
Meeting amazing members on a daily basis, great staff and management crew and a friendly and positive work invironment.
Pros
Great co-workers and gym members
Cons
No room for growth
Productive but also fun work enviroment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 20, 2016
a nice work enviroment like Boston Sports Club keeps you going in an up beat mood an going all day. The people at BSC are normally nice and friendly thats another thing that keeps you going the respect you get from customers.
Pros
Fun work enviroment
Cons
short breaks, healthcare etc
Busy Work Place
Club Attendant (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAAugust 27, 2015
Always busy at the front desk and usually busy at the day care where I usually work.
A typical work day begins at 7:30 or 8:30, as soon as parents begin dropping their children off I play with them, color with them, teach them new games to play. I have learned that a job with children is definitely a lot of work but also very fun.
The management has been very unsteady since I began working there but every time we get a new manager there are many changes that take a while to get used to, to me and the other workers at the gym.
The hardest part of the job is finding a way to deal with the children who have never been to a daycare before and begin crying, but my coworkers and I always find a way to make them feel comfortable around all the new faces they are seeing, some don't even want to go home once their parents return.
My favorite part of the job is definitely seeing the kids grow up over time, we have a lot of 3 month olds who I get to see every week and see them begin crawling, walking, talking, etc. Also when the kids draw pictures for me, which I always save.
Great Atmosphere
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 25, 2016
The corporation is great for growth and improvement , they want you to be successful and move up within other than hiring outside.
Entry level position
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2015
Good place for an entry level position. It was my first job ever and I learned many things about the career world. Customer service was key to working here.
Great atmosphere but poor management
Welcome Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Smithtown, NYNovember 5, 2014
Enjoyed going into work on a daily basis. Members as well as co-workers are enjoyable to be around, some are now current friends of mine. Management was exceptional besides the current General Manager, who does not do his job properly. Discussed my outstanding work with managers and regional directors about promotions and was never offered.
Pros
members are extremely friendly. facility is clean. great place for health and wellness
Cons
short or no breaks. full-time hours with part-time pay and benefits.
Always Productive Time here
Sales Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 27, 2015
From the moment you come in the energy starts. The pay is good management is always supportive in any questions. To even help support when doing cold calling or help with walk in clients.
Pros
always funs
Cons
a lot of work
great workplace with great potential to do more.
Fitness Trainer and class instructor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 16, 2015
Everything about my job i love! Specially every time someone tells me how i have changed their life! Thats why i do this!
all the trainers are taken care of as soon as they walk through the door when they are first hired. they go through a long process of classes to make sure we are a high performance team and that we know exactly what we are doing as trainers with our members.
Every trainer gets along with everyone and there is a great team spirit.
As far as things i don't like here well there isn't much t all if any.
I can just say it can always be a bit more organized.
There really isn't anything hard about my job at all. I love everything i do so it is like getting paid for fun.
The most enjoyable part of my ob is doing it!
Pros
very busy
Productive, fun work place
Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJAugust 22, 2015
I've been working at NYSC for the past ten months and I enjoy it every much. Hours are flexible, management is kind and understanding and the clients are very friendly and kind.
Pros
Cons
Benefits, Insuransce
Town Sport International
Fixed Asset Accountant (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYApril 8, 2016
Learned a lot, based on my role. Always busy, never a dull moment. Needs improvement in Oracle systems, and reporting to run smoothly on a month basis.
Free gym membership, not much else
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Carmel, NYFebruary 16, 2015
I initially took this as a part time second job for the free gym membership. I eventually lost my full time job and went full time here for about a year. I have mixed emotions about working here. The free membership, most of the co-workers were nice, and a few of the members were pretty cool are a few perks. The pay was terrible. After my "performance review" I only received a three cent raise! I was on Clean Team which meant members and co-workers looked down on us. In the short time I was there we switched General Managers three times! I was scheduled seven days straight with no day off unless I absolutely needed a day off or called out. Co-workers were quick to ask me to cover for them but refused to return the favor. The back-stabbing and gossiping between associates was unbelievably rampant! Medical benefits are impossible to afford. If you're looking for a little part time job and like to work out for free, this is the place for you.
not bad, potential to grow and progress
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  nycAugust 29, 2015
I liked the compensation and the package that they start you out with.not bad overall, management varies and depends on location
Pros
pay, work requirements

2.7