Town Sports International

Town Sports International Employer Reviews

Company ios not keeping up with its competition
General Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 4, 2014
Pros: working in a gym
Cons: work life balance, pay, impossible bonus structure
Low cost providers and competitors with newer and nicer facilities are squeezing this company for every member they have.
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee), Livingston, NJOctober 11, 2014
New York Sports Clubs is a fantastic place to work and after eights I am looking for additional advancement. Unfortunately, there are constant restructures that hinders the advancement process.
Absolutely awful
Fitness Program Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 2, 2014
The worst working experience that I have ever had. I was in middle management. Senior management micro managed and expected those of us on the Supervisor level to treat staff like 2nd class citizens. Senior management treated subordinates like they had no brain. Senior management often bullied those beneath them. If I never work at this place again, it will be too soon. I wish I could erase this experience from my memory.
Fun and encouraging work enviroment
Welcome Team/Babysitter (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 26, 2014
-A typical day at NYSC starts at 5:15am for me. I greet returning members before their workouts and welcome new guests and members into our club. When the time is needed I can offer and new advice or facts about the club/healthy lifestyle.
-Management takes our mission very seriously and we run by the book. All rules must be followed on a daily basis or there will be consequences.
-My co-workers have become a second family and we all help one another out no questions asked because at the end of the day were all trying to make our club #1 and the best place to be for our members
-The hardest part of my job would be having to deal with customers with bad attitudes. Most people take their problem out on the first person they see as they walk into the club which happens to be me. I will do everything in my power to help them reach their goal of that day but there is only so much I can do from my level. At the end of it all I wish I could be able to do more so I do not seem useless in someone else's eyes.
-My favorite part of my job is being able to see members everyday and being able to put the first smile on their face and help them get a great start to a hopeful great day!
Great Compensation for Fitness Sales
Lead Membership Consultant (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 24, 2014
One of the best in the region for compensating fitness sales. Can't speak much to the compensation for other positions. All employees are salaried, so days can become long and tedious. Environment is upbeat, but advancing ones career can be difficult as management tends to keep their positions for several years.
no work/life balance, inconsistent policies
Membership Consultant (Former Employee), Wellesley, MASeptember 22, 2014
very social place to work but horrible management, co-workers constantly varied, you need no ethics or morals to work there, no life
Fun and energetic work place
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Bronx, NYSeptember 18, 2014
Loved working with co workers to create clients programs. I was able to make my own schedule and worked at my pace.
Housekeeping (Clean Team Member)
Housekeeping Attendant (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: free gym meme\bership.
Cons: pay
The job is pretty simple and straightforward. Not the most prestigious job in the world, but it is something to have when you need a few extra bucks in your pocket. The co-workers are pretty cool, and management is pretty laid back. JUST DO YOUR JOB!
NYSC
Internship / Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Dobbs Ferry, NYSeptember 3, 2014
Learned a lot. This is what started me off on a successful path in my fitness career.
very fun work enviroment
Sales / Personal trainer (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 23, 2014
a typical day at work is filled with excitement joy and had work.
Great Place to Start Career
AP Clerk (Former Employee), Elmsford, NYAugust 21, 2014
Pros: free gym membership
Most employees are overworked though there is definitely room for growth and good managers know your worth.
Fitness environment is amazing, learning on the job
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee), Englewood, NJAugust 19, 2014
Get to stay fit on the job, Love seeing new workouts and you never know who you will meet
Fun Front desk, Computers, Towels to roll.
Welcome Team (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 5, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: no breaks
-Model and promote the mission, value the guidelines through my experience
- Engage in opportunities that positively impact the member experience
-Greet and acknowledge every member who enters and exits the club.
-Scan all member,guest and employee key tags, ensuring all vendors sign the logbook
-Ask members/guests for photo ID if they don’t have their key tag
-Be aware of all club issues, events or schedule changes and politely
-Communicate with members and ensure next shift is made aware of general status and all unresolved issues
-Answer telephone on first ring in a friendly, professional way, using the standard greeting, answering all, questions efficiently and directly to appropriate person
A fun workplace that combinesd my two passions; health and fitness and business management.
Membership Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Somers, NYAugust 4, 2014
Town Sports International gave me the opportunity to sharpen my customer service skills.
great place to work
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 29, 2014
Great place to work, tough to get clients at first but worth putting in the work in the long haul. Essentially you become your own boss as you over time get to set your hours. Everything is one on one and you really get to build a great relationship with clientele, which makes it even more rewarding when hitting results.
Fun Workplace
Membership Sales Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 21, 2014
I learned how to network with my team as well as time management skills.
Easy going place to work.
Housekeeper (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 18, 2014
Pros: free membership!
Cons: hard to move up in the company.
A vtypical day at work is usually playing catch up because the person before me didn't do all they wer supposed to do. I am learning that it's hard to find good help these days.Management has changed six times over my four year period of working here so I have noticed there are some managers who are really gung ho and hands on, and some don't really care that much about their workers.My co-workers consist of front desk personell trainers and housekeeping.The laid back atmosphere makes it difficult for most of the workers to want to do what they are supposed to do. It's more like a hangout spot than a job sometimes which is also what is enjoyable about it besides the fact that I have a free membership.
Fun working environment
NFPT CERTIFIED PERSONAL TRAINER (Former Employee), Newark.NJJuly 16, 2014
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: not very busy
Had the oppurtunity each day to advance the lives of self and others through nutrition, health and fitness. I enjoy working with peoplpe to assist them in meeting their goals.
Decent work environment with extreme stress
Membership Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 11, 2014
Pros: free membership, fun environment
Cons: inconsistency of pay
- Daily set ups and team meetings, call drives to leads, contacts, and guest passes, booking appointments, speaking to people interested in fitness.
- I learned the culture of sales, how it works and necessary actions needed to be productive
-my co-workers were great
-hardest part about the job was patience with potential members
-most enjoyable was freedom to manage yourself/work
experience in the workforce, networking
Lifeguard, Swim Instructor, Front Desk, BD Parties (Current Employee), Dobbs Ferry, NYJuly 8, 2014
Pros: networking was the best thing about new york sports club
Cons: no health benefits, company does not promote from within.
A typical day are as follows you work hard and you do your responsibilities to the best of your abilities and beyond. You also do what is not in your job description and responsibilities.
I learned you have to hustler to survive in the business world.
You have to come prepared and know your craft inside and out. You have to be able to work very efficiently and effectively on the move. Everything is constantly changing and you must be up to the task.

About Town Sports International

Town Sports International Holdings, Inc. (TSI Holdings) is an operator of fitness clubs in the northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions – Read more

Town Sports International Photos