Town Sports International Employee Reviews

Fun place to work and probably one of the better locations to work for
Lead Trainer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 13, 2017
I've learned so much from this location about training and management that I believe will take me very far in the future. The skills I was able to acquire allowed me to help a lot of people reach their goals.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Healthcare
Positive and clean environment
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 11, 2017
I enjoyed the independence of having responsibilities that I needed to stay on top of. It was great being able to work out and really contributed to feeling at home and thinking of customer needs while you experienced the facility during off-hours. I took initiative to restock everything I could, and to organize the stock room. Lack of motivation from mangers, sometimes felt I was the only one working my hardest.
Pros
Gym Membership
Cons
Pay
Productive and great work ethics with employee as well as clients.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 9, 2017
Enjoy working with different individuals on a daily basis, great management. Our club opens at 4:30am gives us time to manage weight room making sure showers are clean as well as front desk.
Assistant Manager of Strategic Sourcing (Current Employee) –  Elmsford, NYApril 6, 2017
I have no information to provide in regards to Town Sports International, Advancement was never offered to associates, and the work/ life balance was always heavy towards work.
friendly environment
Welcome Team Member (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2017
New York Sports Club is not bad at all. It's the best of both worlds a fast pace environment given the time & day. Also can be a slow paced environment. The work is very straight forward you put in what you get out.
Great experience
Welcome Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2017
It was a fun environment to work in and to learn. It is unfortunate that the location was torn down. The staff was friendly and the environment was very welcoming.
great place !
Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2017
if you have energy and like working with people this is a perfect place to work. great people great company. i highly recommend this job to anybody that is into fitness.
Not a happy place to work anymore
PERSONAL TRAINER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2017
20 years I've watched a fantastic gym/company go down the drain. Very sad.
Continuous working responsibilities. Haven't received an increase in 11 years. Favoritism, poor hiring choices.
Pros
Nice members
Cons
Lousy management over 20 year period
n/a
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chalfont, PAApril 1, 2017
i would not like to review this company via the internet. if there is anything that an employer would like to ask me in person then i would have no problem disclosing my opinion.
Fun workplace
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2017
A Typical work day was going around and checking the machine and interacting with people and clients and trying to deal with people early in the morning with there attitude
Pros
was able to work out for free
Cons
Healthcare
Working is For TSI great company
Area Fitness Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 20, 2017
Working is for TSI is great company I moved up a total of 3 time since I been there. My job role did change a lot but it was expected. My staff was very helpful and getting people to believes in the company was not hard. They gave me lots of tool to help achieves my goal.
Pros
Free lunch, contest for prize on hitting gaol and commits
Cons
high sale pace atmosphere
Love Working There
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2017
Words can not explain this job. I loved it. I would go back if I was a customer service manager. I didn't have any problems with them up until I had gave birth to my oldest and they wanted me to come back to work right after I gave birth and I was going through a lot and I had doctors notes to prove my case. other than that I didn't do much, just check in members, greet them and just give them a warm welcome as they came in to work out.
Pros
Friendly enviornment.
Cons
Communication
Great Experience
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2017
At NYSC I was able to fine tune my skills as a trainer. The also provided me with opportunities to grow. The gym was awesome! I was able to travel to multiple gyms to grow my business as well. My managers also did his best to make sure my business would grow.
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
Computer system
Management was all over the place
Welcome Team (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 14, 2017
Many new and different managers came in, changing the rules and we were not properly trained. I learned how to work in a team and with computers. Busy day, well worth it. Hardest part of the job was multitasking.
Pros
Free gym membership
great floating job
Welcome Team / Membership Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2017
if you have a full time job great part time job great if you got to school or something then this job will be great for you if want to advance in your work place or try to make a career out of it unless your a trainer it feels kind of like a dead end.
Pros
free gym membership
Fun workplace
Billing Specialist/ Membership Consultatnt (Current Employee) –  West Caldwell, NJMarch 9, 2017
This type of environment really prepares you to deal with people and any issues they might have. This environment has definitely tuffened me up when it comes to dealing with people who come in very unhappy
Professional Work Enviornment
child care staff (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAFebruary 23, 2017
I greatly enjoyed working with the professionals at Boston Sports Club. I got to work with people of all ages ranging from babies to adults.
Pros
Great work experience with people of all ages
Cons
The gym closed
Fun
Floor Trainer/Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2017
Dynamic environment with great trainers and management. Room for growth in areas of interest. Seeing members everyday and having the ability to encourage others in their fitness journey was fun.
Pros
Great hours
Creative and fun team-based workplace
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chalfont, PAFebruary 13, 2017
Required extensive teamwork
The atmosphere was young and energetic
Organized and managed hundreds of parties and events (sometimes overnight)
Great overall experience
Pros
Paid internship
Cons
Not enough work at times
Dolphin Fitness(Now Intoxx Fitness)
Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYFebruary 7, 2017
Great gym, great members. Its a small business gym, meaning not a lot was offered to members and employees. As a personal trainer business was very inconsistent and not a lot of support from management because its not a big time gym.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Town Sports International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8