Town and Country Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Nice staff and management
Switchboard (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 24, 2014
Moving up the ladder is highly encouraged from HR and management. Most nurses were friendly and informative. Pay was average.
Pros
peaceful environment
Cons
benefits were not as good as other local hospitals.
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  TampaJuly 30, 2014
Visit all patients on a daily basic. Make sure that all their needs were met. Handle any situation that would arise. Help nurses and doctors with translation from English to Spanish. Co-workers were very friendly. Management was always there for me when I needed them. Visiting the patients, talking, laughing with them was very enjoyable for me.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
lots of turnover in management
clean welcomimg atmospher for all employees
Pharmacy Technician Clinical Practicum (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 16, 2012
engaging location full of learning opportunity both within and outside of the pharmacy spectrum. Employees are friendly and knowledgeable management was well organized and I enjoyed learning something new everyday.
Pbx/er
An emergency room clerk typically reports (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 22, 2013
An emergency room clerk typically reports to the nurse manager and functions as a coordinator for registration and administrative activities. An ER clerk greets patients and starts processes such as obtaining and verifying identification, insurance and any medical records. Work includes admitting patients and transferring appropriate paperwork. Work involves interactions with doctors, nurses and other hospital personnel. The position requires strict patient confidentiality. Clerical and technical work operating a PBX Console to relay incoming, outgoing and interoffice calls. Work is performed under the general direction of a higher level.
Pros
learning is most great here
Cons
the doctors and nurses have no idea of there jobs duities
Great learning experience
Monitor Tech/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 1, 2013
Independently and team work. I was able to aticipate needs for the unit on daily bases and on emergency situations. I was cross trained and worked on different departments (emergency room, Medical surgery, ICU, PCU) as unit clerk. Serve as translator for patients, family members and staff.
Pros
good pay!!!!
Cons
it was hard to get cover for breaks and lunch.
Productive work
plants ops (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Like my work duties and the work environment. On daily basis have to keep and maintain the building in safe conditions and on code. Consider hard to work with co- workers that have very little knowledge of maintenance responsibilities and duties.
Pros
good medical insurance
Cons
poor managment
It's a family oriented place. Little to no benefits but great staff
LPN (Current Employee) –  Tampa FLApril 16, 2012
I enjoy must of my work at Rivas. It got to be little stressfull at times but always managable. My immediate supervisor was amazing and I will work for him anytime.
Pros
friendly staff, good physicians
Cons
short breaks, stressful work enviroment
Volunteer work was productive and fun.
Pharmacy Department Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2012
A typical day was filing paper work and putting away medicine in their proper place. I learn organizational skills and teamwork. All my co-worker were fun to be around and made the day move along faster.
Horrible hospital
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2014
Myself and others all believed the same thing. I cannot say anything positive other than they hired me, which after a short time, I learned that my ethics and morality would not allow me to sta
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
Working at town and country
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 9, 2013
Busy and hectic. 8 patients max. Drs make you round with them. Managment says they are going to do one thing however don't back up what they say.

Want to know more about Town and Country Hospital?

Ask a question
This is a small hospital but very family oriented.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 2, 2014
I loved working at this hospital, when I become an R.N. would love to go back.

2.8