TOWN OF GILBERT

TOWN OF GILBERT United States Employee Reviews

Working with some of the finest.
Police Dispatcher - Retired (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: team environment
Cons: long hours including overtime.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with everyday. A team environment is encouraged and works well overall. Each person on my Team jumped in and helped whenever needed.

I learned it is important to pick my battles and have lots of grace for myself and others when it comes to working in a high paced stressful job. Decisions are made quickly and with little or no time to reflect or process. It is always easier to sit back and critique after the fact...which is not always helpful.

The work flow is fluid and something different every day. I enjoyed dealing with the challenges both over the radio and over the telephone. We encounter the public, usually not in their finest hour, and it becomes our job to be the voice of reason in their time of crisis.
Alot of micro managing . Not a good place to work
Heavy Equipment operater (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: managment
Managers are there to bark orders. Everyday the rules change. I would of never applied here if I knew what I know now. Good co-workers except for one major crybaby. The less work you do here the more u get appraised. No raises.
Great place to work. Fun atmosphere with great management.
Field Coordinator (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZJune 16, 2014
A typical day at work would be to coordinate the rides that are available and make sure that nothing goes wrong. This is insured so the customer has an enjoyable experience that they paid for. I learned that in order for me to do this job and to do it effectively that I must be patient, calm and collected no matter what the case is.
nothing to say
manager (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: small departments
Cons: politics of goverment workers
Some very talented and skilled people. Some departments were strife with ineffectiveness and incompetence. Generally a good place to be as it does exude some resemblance of a small town.

If you like Goverment work and are OK with that structure versus a "for profit" workplace, then it may be a good place. Other similair sized city goverments do the job as well if not better.
Positive work environment.
Planning and Zoning Director (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZNovember 5, 2013
Pros: able to spend more time with family.
Cons: local politics can affect effectiveness.
Local government is struggling with general perception of waste of tax dollars. The job is closest to directly affecting the public and makes for better understanding of role of government.
Nice bunch of people in Solid Waste
Temp. CDL Driver,Solid Waste. (Former Employee), Gilbert,AZ.October 25, 2013
Pros: management, hours
Cons: one chronic whiner amongst the whole dept. if one is uhappy, leave!!
I was a temp here for several weeks in Solid Waste. I enjoyed working with all the guys on the bulk pick up crews. They made me feel welcome and showed and taught me alot,thanks!
A good while going to school
Recreation Leader (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZJuly 27, 2012
Pros: close to where i live
Cons: hours are not always available
This job is good is your stil in school or supplementing your income. I like the people I work with, but with working at another job the hours sometimes are not always available depending on when you can work.
TS Management very difficult unless you are a yes person
PC Support Technician II (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJanuary 18, 2012
Pros: good healthcare
Cons: management does not listen to workers, poor communication
The Town of Gilbert is a very good place to work, very nice co-workers. Management in most departments if fine. The TS or IT department is a very negative department, 10 people have left in the last 6 months.

About TOWN OF GILBERT

We are a service organization committed to enhancing the quality of life and serving with integrity, trust and respect. – More from ZoomInfo »

TOWN OF GILBERT Photos