Town of Lexington Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Very interesting and fun place to work
Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington MAAugust 1, 2014
I love woking in a fast, deverse environment. This job is very busy and something new every day.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
parking
Always Interesting
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MADecember 11, 2013
Most day to day work was to convert information on establishments with food permits into electronic records. The records would include violations the establishment may have had in the past five years as well as self-developed charts to show the progression of violations the establishments may or may not have over the five year span.

Another responsibility of mine was to research weather over a five year span and how it correlated with unsafe bathing levels at the local beach. I was also responsible to updating the five year old policy regarding the beach and the unsafe bathing levels. This revision was to be presented, by me, to the board of directors.

On occasion, my manager, the health director, would have me attend a variety of events. Of the few events, the emergency preparedness event was the most educational to me. I was able to see how multiple cities/towns of the region collaborated and shared ideas and precautions to combat a hypothetical anthrax attack.
Pros
great learning experience
Diverse opportunities available for a Clinical Social Worker
Assistant Director of Youth and Family Services (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MADecember 9, 2013
A variety of administrative and clinical tasks are available working for the Town of Lexington. From committee involvement to helping residents access and connect social service programs, to crisis stabilization.

4.3