Town of Windsor

Town of Windsor Employee Reviews

Street Worker (Current Employee), Windsor, NCJune 15, 2015
great place to work, great people to work for and with. Small town feel where you get to meet a lot of new people. Learn a lot even with a basic job.
Exciting and fast paced
Police Officer (Former Employee), Windsor, COApril 29, 2015
Being a police officer was a great experience as no day was ever the same. I learned a lot about setting higher expectations for work ethic and how to prepare daily for work settings. I had to think fast and make decisions in a seconds notice as well as protect myself and those around me. The atmosphere with co-workers was ideal as we were a tight group and worked well with one another. The hardest part of the job was not being able to see family during the holidays and adapting to working graveyard shifts for a few years. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help the community when they needed me.
Alright
Childcare Aide (Current Employee), Windsor, CTDecember 14, 2014
It was great, the only problem is that my co-workers seemed to be hired so loosely, it's as if the screening process gets thrown out the window these days. Even these teachers seem to be lost, fresh college graduated just promised a job in a public school system. I don't know how I feel about the padded rooms for the behavior kids in each and every one of the these schools either. The hardest part of the job is leaving though, I just worry about the way my co-workers treat some of the behavioral children when no one's around.
Loved working for this TOWN!!!
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Windsor, CTFebruary 1, 2014
Everything is awsome the workplace the people the atmosphere it is all AWSOME!! I wish i could get in full time there!!
Fun activities, well behaved children.
Leader in Training (Former Employee), Windsor,CTJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: free field trips
Cons: short breaks
My time at the Community Center in Windsor,CT was a great experience. I got the chance to not only meet new people but also see what it's like to work. The co-workers were very friendly and made me feel at home. There weren't many hard aspects of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job were the field trips. Overall it was a great place to be.
Worked 40 hours in four days while attending undergraduate school full time.
Confidential Secretary/Assistant to Town Manager (Former Employee), Windsor, CTSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: i graduated in may 2002.
I supported the Town Manager, mananaged the town council's calendar, constructed their agenda for Town Council meetings and kept track of the departments budget. Ordered office supplies as well as operated the Pitney Bowes postage machine and placed postage on anywhere from 50 pieces of mail to 5000 pieces of mail from the tax assessors office. In addition, I had to physically take the mail to the post office upon completion of metering the mail.
Seasonal job
Manager (Former Employee), Windsor, COApril 7, 2012
Pros: seasonal to work around school
Cons: low pay
Great job while still in school. This was my first job. Customer service and ability to work in a team were a big part of the job.