Towne Air Freight

Towne Air Freight United States Employee Reviews

Account Executive -San Francisco Bay Area (Former Employee), Brisbane, CAApril 23, 2015
Had a lot of good people. Really enjoyed my time there. Unique balance between hard work and time off. It was the perfect jon, its just to bad company got sold.
Productive and busy work place
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: Good people, benefits
Cons: Salary
Load plan for outbound trailers. Conference calls to find out what will be coming inbound for transfer, let other terminals know hot freight may becoming to them and what to expect. Line out dock crew on plan on what inbound and outbound to expect for the shift. Inspect how loads were being put together.
Very enjoyable work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Able to get new phones.
Selling cell-phones to customers. Helping customers how to work new phones. Learned info on new phones and was much easier to sell. I can say the manager/store owner was the greatest boss to have, especially being my first job.
Towne was a good place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Romulus, MIMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Loved my route
Cons: none
I enjoyed working for Towne Air Fright I loved my route great people and Towne had nice trucks to drive good health ins.Over all good company.
Good Expereince
Director of Linehan Engineering (Current Employee), South Bend, INMarch 4, 2015
Pros: good company
Cons: being sold to forward air
Worked with the company to move from unprofitable to profitable in 17 months

Learned their computer systems. Able to utilize and optimized solution to driver improvement

Top Management was changed follwoing my arrival
Fast paced work environment
Pricing & Traffic Administrator (Current Employee), South Bend, INFebruary 25, 2015
Multi tasking fast paced work environment.
Benefits are not great
Co Workers mostly friendly
I am very flexible and can learn anything and a great multitasker
productive and learning
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: all
incredible job all around, learned alot of info and knowledge that can be used in future jobs. Will miss this job. Enjoyed dispatching, did some deliveries. Learned more about customer service and billing
good
Safety Administrator (Former Employee), South Bend, INFebruary 17, 2015
Cons: no breaks other then lunch
Full work load including the managers work at times. Learned to make sure its a team and not just an individual doing everything,. I got along with all my co workers because I am a friendly person. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the negativity from the "manager". Me clocking out of work was the most enjoyable.
Great place to learn logistics!
Central Dispatcher (Current Employee), South Bend, INFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: schedule and pay
Cons: not much room for promotions.
A great place to get your feet wet in the world of logistics. Good pay and great schedule to live a productive life. The position can be stressful at times, but clock moves quickly.
Towne could be great....
Driver (Former Employee), South Bend, INFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: freight
Cons: no free lunches
Towne kept me in the south, out of the snow, in the sunshine....thats the best part....They dispatched late, co mingled hazmat shipments, and treat you like being treated like a rabid dog in the beginning...same old same old...this is only my opinion...if you have exactly 2 years experience and are tired of JB Hunt, dive right in, if you are a legitimate trucker, avoid the headache....might be better now that FORWARD AIR bought them....good luck.
Would not recommend working here
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), South Bend, INJanuary 28, 2015
Pros:
Get paid weekly

Cons:
Everything else! Little to no benefits, pay is ok but no raises, no time off, management is awful.
workplace of towne air freight
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: 30 min lunch
Cons: 10 min breaks
what i learned at Towne air freight is everybody isn't your friend some of the co-workers i had where cool & always helped me out & there where some that would always want to throw me under the bus & not help me out. The hardest part of my job was be was being cool with my boss because i tried to do everything right & when i try to he always tried to find some wrong with what i do. The most enjoyable part of my job was loading & unload trailer trucks.
Not the greatest job.
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Brisbane, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: management experience
Cons: over worked
Right off the bat it was not good. My dispatching position soon turned into running the office. Building shelves. operating forklifts with any prior training or license. I worked more than 12 hours a day while also working weekends that was originally supposed to be rotated with the other employees. The good part is I managed to get a taste of management with managing my drivers and the warehouse workers on the weekends. I also learned how to operate a forklift and load a 53' dry van. My coworkers were a mix up personalities. I learned how to work with all kinds which was a feat in itself.
I kinda miss it
DISPATCHER (Former Employee), Harrisburg PANovember 23, 2014
I loved this jon untill they laid me off. They were getting low on work so they let me go. However, I really did like this job. It was fun and laid back and i absolutely enjoyed it.
i was an owner operator an felt dispatch often played favorites.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee), Eagan, MNNovember 14, 2014
co workers were fantastic. management was often indifferent. dispatch was mostly incompetent.
Great Experience
Driver (Former Employee), Forest Park, GAOctober 20, 2014
Management continuously offered false advancement and raises.
Incompetent Management out of touch with Reality
Terminal Manager/Sales (Former Employee), local terminalOctober 17, 2014
Pros: there are some really good people in the organization.
Cons: executive management is incompitant
Executive Management expects lower local level management to improve revenues and customer satisfaction with no assistance from corporate. Pay is WELL below industry standards in every position that I came in contact with. People are nothing more than a number, and no amount of dedication and hardwork will ever get you anything other than empty promises of future promotion that never occurs.
Good Employer
Accounts Receivable/Collections Specialist (Former Employee), South Bend, INOctober 7, 2014
Great team environment that allows the employee to learn different aspects of the company.
Great Job
OFFICE CLERK (TEMP) (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDSeptember 8, 2014
I would return to that position it was a great job but a temporary one.
If I had it to do all over I would not work for them.
Independent Contractor Truck Owner (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 31, 2014
Pros: you get to see whats its like to get worked over
Cons: your not making money they are.
Towne takes from its drivers every thing they can from lift gate charges to home delivery. They even have the nerve to take 2% from the fuel money that Pilot gives the driver.

You're not working for yourself, your are a slave to Towne Air Freight! Some of the dispatchers treat the drivers like dumb people - no respect at all! Makes a person quit and go work for a company where they pay the cost to be the boss.

none of the information you get is ever right you do what the dispatchers need to do before it comes to you.

1 2 3

About Towne Air Freight

Eugene Towne founded Towne Air Freight, in South Bend in 1963 with one employee and one van. Gary "Duke" Downey then – Read more

Towne Air Freight Salaries

$40,000 per year
Dispatcher
$28,000 per year

Towne Air Freight Photos

Towne Air Freight is the proud exclusive carrier for Notre Dame athletics!