Towne Air Freight Employee Reviews

Fast pace work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 17, 2016
Towne air freight is no longer in business, but enjoyed working for their company. Extremely fast paced transportation company that I enjoyed the every day challenges
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Unfair pay
fast pace work place
Line haul driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77032October 12, 2016
drove line haul from houston tx to austin to san antonio back to houston nightly if co workers did there job we would all get back in a timely manner
Pros
night driving less traffic
Cons
waiting on driver to show up in san antonio
Dissolved
PM Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 21, 2016
The company was acquired by Forward Air. Therefore, no longer exists. It was not run by educated, professional people at the terminal level.
Great People
Domestic Operations (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 12, 2016
Company interaction with customers is high and very polite.
Management goes above and beyond for customer satisfaction
Broke my heart when company sold to Forward Air Freight
Progressive Trucking Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2016
This company offered numerous challenges in Sales for me. I took each one head on and built my clients from 50 to over 500 and gross sales of starting at $500k per year to over $10M in 5 years.

In addition, I worked evenings and weekends as a CDL driver, both local and regional.
Pros
Fast growing carrier with good support structure
Cons
Compensation did not reflect performance
Great group to work with
Dock Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 13, 2016
Steady work very fast pasted and your always moving. The company is large and all over the country so sometimes if you had a issue it took awhile to get handled but it would get taken care of at some point.
Pros
fast pasted very physical
Cons
lack of answers to questions
this is were I got my start
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 5, 2016
this is where I first started as a semi tractor trailer mechanic, I loved to see what was wrong and fix the problems so the units could get back on the road
OK Company to work for
Receptionist, Sales assistant, customer service (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 29, 2016
When I started working here, I was going through a career change. I was able to work some different positions, so I gained a lot of experience in a short time. Although I got along with everyone, I felt that some management played favorites with other employees and not all employees were treated equally.
Towne Air was seen by freight forwarders as a viable competitor to Forward Air and it is tragic that they eventually went out of business.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 17, 2016
A typical day started by checking service issues on the website and relating those that applied to my customers. It was also crucial to check emails and provide answers to internal and external customers. When possible, I personally provided rate quotes and addressed administrative issues. I usually had at least three appointments a day, including some customer lunches. Even though I checked emails throughout the day, I checked them again late in the evening to address any special service issues that some customers may need.
Pros
Building professional relationships with customers.
Cons
Too many service failure.
fast pace environment, kind coworkers, very unclean and cold in the winter.
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILMarch 3, 2016
It is very dirty, so much, that the dust gets in your eyes while your driving. There is a constant layer of dust in the air and the whole place is covered in dust and grime. It's freezing in the winter and hot in the summer, and theres no time and a half for overtime. Other workers were nice. The work was relatively easy.
Good place to work,nice co-workers.
City Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Brook Park, OHFebruary 10, 2016
Typical day involved local pickup and deliveries and occasionally out of town.I learned a lot about transporting hazardous materials,how to correctly secure freight for transport,and a lot of invaluable driving experience.I believe management did what they had to do,but myself and others were laid off due to financial difficulties the company went through.Due to my six month layoff, I lost my home and had to file bankruptcy.I was eventually brought back,but the damage had already been done.My co-workers were great.The hardest part of the job was driving in extreme weather conditions,snow,sleet,freezing rain,etc.The enjoyable part was picking up and delivering freight on time to the customers satisfaction.
Pros
Driver appreciation days, company picnics and outings, new equipment.
Cons
No paid sick time.
laid back work environment..HIGHLY UNORGANIZED!
dock lead/dispatch (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GANovember 17, 2015
Towne Air was a place to work! The people you work with on a daily basis, but the set-up of the operation was disastrous. I worked there until it became more hassle as opposed to the pay.
Pros
i was able to pay my bills
Cons
you have to work there to truly understand!
Long term employer
Director of Top Accounts (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 22, 2015
I was employed with this company for over 32 years and appreciated all that they did for me. Company purchased by another truck company so my department was eliminated. Handled top 12 customers in the company and provided excellent customer service to them on a 24/7 operation.
Pros
Long term employer
Cons
Standing by decisions
Was a good place to work
Terminal Manager-Detroit, MI (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIOctober 19, 2015
Was a good place to work. I was very blessed to work with other strong, dedicated workers.The Detroit facility was always a profitable fun place to work.
Pros
Allows managers to manage
Cons
Privately owned
Brought out by Forward Air
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 12, 2015
This company was ok to work for. Good management, decent pay, the company was brought out by another (Forward air). Company was in existance for 50 yrs.
Pros
PTO was generous
Cons
no room for advancement
Fast pace excitig
Operations Coordinator for the West Coast (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 29, 2015
busy place, happy faces, everyday brings new adventure. Always something new to learn. Team atmosphere, got to deal with all levels of employees.
Pros
Always meet someone new
Cons
never got to stay in one place to long.
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 6, 2015
Managed 5 Terminals in the south with 60 plus employees in payroll to day to day sales call. Did the day to day hiring and letting go of employees.
Managing and scheduling the day to day operation of the over the road drovers.
Pros
Lived in the south
Cons
Very long hours 24/7
overall
Customer Service Rep / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJuly 15, 2015
◾Work any shift including weekends.

◾Hand stack product on occasion when off balance or in the wrong location.

◾Shrink-wrap and label outgoing orders and remove shrink wrap from incoming orders.

◾Meet this position’s physical demands.
Good
AP Administrator/Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 9, 2015
Very good environment to work in. Performed subcontractor payables and payroll. Co workers were wonderful to work with on my department. The hardest part of the job was watching it get dismantled by Forward Air who bought the company in March.
Truck Driver/Dispatcher
Truck Driver / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 2, 2015
What can I say it was a great job when you know who was running the show... Then you know who took over... glad i was gone b4 that happened. don't know to much about them today.
while i was there, i was working for an OO and it wasn't to bad, for what i had. I knew in that position there were no bene's etc. so i knew what i was getting into when i hired on. You def have to work of your money.....
Pros
HAD awesome dispatchers
Cons
company changed hands

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Towne Air Freight. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8