Towne Air Freight

Towne Air Freight Employee Reviews

Long term employer
Director of Top Accounts (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 22, 2015
I was employed with this company for over 32 years and appreciated all that they did for me. Company purchased by another truck company so my department was eliminated. Handled top 12 customers in the company and provided excellent customer service to them on a 24/7 operation.
Pros
Long term employer
Cons
Standing by decisions
Was a good place to work
Terminal Manager-Detroit, MI (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIOctober 19, 2015
Was a good place to work. I was very blessed to work with other strong, dedicated workers.The Detroit facility was always a profitable fun place to work.
Pros
Allows managers to manage
Cons
Privately owned
Brought out by Forward Air
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 12, 2015
This company was ok to work for. Good management, decent pay, the company was brought out by another (Forward air). Company was in existance for 50 yrs.
Pros
PTO was generous
Cons
no room for advancement
Fast pace excitig
Operations Coordinator for the West Coast (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 29, 2015
busy place, happy faces, everyday brings new adventure. Always something new to learn. Team atmosphere, got to deal with all levels of employees.
Pros
Always meet someone new
Cons
never got to stay in one place to long.
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 6, 2015
Managed 5 Terminals in the south with 60 plus employees in payroll to day to day sales call. Did the day to day hiring and letting go of employees.
Managing and scheduling the day to day operation of the over the road drovers.
Pros
Lived in the south
Cons
Very long hours 24/7
overall
Customer Service Rep / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJuly 15, 2015
◾Work any shift including weekends.

◾Hand stack product on occasion when off balance or in the wrong location.

◾Shrink-wrap and label outgoing orders and remove shrink wrap from incoming orders.

◾Meet this position’s physical demands.
Good
AP Administrator/Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 9, 2015
Very good environment to work in. Performed subcontractor payables and payroll. Co workers were wonderful to work with on my department. The hardest part of the job was watching it get dismantled by Forward Air who bought the company in March.
Truck Driver/Dispatcher
Truck Driver / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 2, 2015
What can I say it was a great job when you know who was running the show... Then you know who took over... glad i was gone b4 that happened. don't know to much about them today.
while i was there, i was working for an OO and it wasn't to bad, for what i had. I knew in that position there were no bene's etc. so i knew what i was getting into when i hired on. You def have to work of your money.....
Pros
HAD awesome dispatchers
Cons
company changed hands
I enjoyed my job here. I was very busy daily.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 27, 2015
I enjoyed working at Towne Air Freight because I was busy everyday and moving around all the time. My co-workers were great people to work with and I loved being able to work independently. I was very appreciated.
Pros
I worked with no supervision.
Cons
The benefits were not very good.
Terrible shame that this company was bought out
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, IlMay 19, 2015
Towne Air WAS one of the best Air Freight LTL carriers in the mid west. They went down hill over the years. The company appeared to be suffering, we could all see it from the inside. The had asked us to take salary reductions. Significant reductions, but yet were hiring new people for the same level positions for higher rates. No employee loyalty. Only loyalty to the Founders, or the owners, or the select few managers that had been there the longest. It was a shame that they were bought out. They had such a good reputation for so many years, but then the last 3-4 years was horrible. Poof.... another one bites the dust.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Mostly everything
Friendly fast pace, learning company
Air & Ocean Import Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 1, 2015
Good equal opportunity for all. Fast paced with growth opportunity. Customer oriented service to its fullest.
Expanded CFS knowledge.
Made good acquaintances.
Account Executive -San Francisco Bay Area (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, CAApril 23, 2015
Had a lot of good people. Really enjoyed my time there. Unique balance between hard work and time off. It was the perfect jon, its just to bad company got sold.
Productive and busy work place
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXApril 22, 2015
Load plan for outbound trailers. Conference calls to find out what will be coming inbound for transfer, let other terminals know hot freight may becoming to them and what to expect. Line out dock crew on plan on what inbound and outbound to expect for the shift. Inspect how loads were being put together.
Pros
Good people, benefits
Cons
Salary
Very enjoyable work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMarch 27, 2015
Selling cell-phones to customers. Helping customers how to work new phones. Learned info on new phones and was much easier to sell. I can say the manager/store owner was the greatest boss to have, especially being my first job.
Pros
Able to get new phones.
Towne was a good place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIMarch 27, 2015
I enjoyed working for Towne Air Fright I loved my route great people and Towne had nice trucks to drive good health ins.Over all good company.
Pros
Loved my route
Good Expereince
Director of Linehan Engineering (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 4, 2015
Worked with the company to move from unprofitable to profitable in 17 months

Learned their computer systems. Able to utilize and optimized solution to driver improvement

Top Management was changed follwoing my arrival
Pros
good company
Cons
being sold to forward air
Fast paced work environment
Pricing & Traffic Administrator (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INFebruary 25, 2015
Multi tasking fast paced work environment.
Benefits are not great
Co Workers mostly friendly
I am very flexible and can learn anything and a great multitasker
productive and learning
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 25, 2015
incredible job all around, learned alot of info and knowledge that can be used in future jobs. Will miss this job. Enjoyed dispatching, did some deliveries. Learned more about customer service and billing
Pros
all
good
Safety Administrator (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INFebruary 17, 2015
Full work load including the managers work at times. Learned to make sure its a team and not just an individual doing everything,. I got along with all my co workers because I am a friendly person. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the negativity from the "manager". Me clocking out of work was the most enjoyable.
Cons
no breaks other then lunch
Great place to learn logistics!
Central Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INFebruary 10, 2015
A great place to get your feet wet in the world of logistics. Good pay and great schedule to live a productive life. The position can be stressful at times, but clock moves quickly.
Pros
schedule and pay
Cons
not much room for promotions.