Towne Air Freight Employee Reviews

Fun fast paste work environment.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 20, 2017
Towne air freight was one of the favorite places to work. Fun and great helpful people to work with. Unfortunately this company was bought off by a different company but was still able to to work with the same people.
Towne Air Frieght
Fork List Operator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAOctober 9, 2017
Towne Air Frieght was a great place to learn inventory on a mass scale the work environment was very peaceful great co worker relation ships.Older employees help the new ones, i learned how to operate a forklift , intake from incoming freight , loaded containers and find missing items and work as a team and nurture my leadership skills
Fun place to work
Agent Process & Audit Analyst (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 9, 2017
I enjoyed working at TAF. The management was very nice and helpful getting me acquainted to the workplace. I learned a lot there and provided a lot of experience to my department as well.
Productive fun work enviroment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 16, 2017
This job gave me the experience I need for warehousing and logistics. I gained experience in the shipping/receiving department, inventory control, and how to work independently.
Pros
Free food on holidays
Cons
Dusty environment
Company no longer exists
Home Direct Agent Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 2, 2017
This company no longer exists and for good reason. they paid low to begin with and got caught using unfair practices to avoid paying their dock staff overtime past 40 hours.
no longer in business...
Terminal Manager/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  NorfolkJuly 24, 2017
was a great place to work...the employees were great to work with,managment was very supportive .but Forward Air bought them out..Towne Air Freight is no longer in business...
Pros
no longer in business
Cons
no longer in business
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 24, 2017
Fast paced environment, most managers are not very understanding of task being performed and agents are stuck doing their jobs. On average its not for an advanced career just beginners but operations are super easy.
Busy environment,team players
CSR/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2017
My time at Towne was very a rewarding experience. If the company had not been bought out, I would definitely reinstate my employment after my LOA. This was my best employment experience with a wonderful 'work family' environment.
Pros
Team player environment
Cons
no longer in business
Sold the business to Forward Air
TERMINAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 17, 2017
Enjoyed working there although I could not get of of a split 2/3rd shift. That's why I left. They have since been bought out by Forward air. Had a good working atmosphere
National Transportation company
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 5, 2017
Based on air freight, adding LTL, the company grew into national prominence. Great communication levels between field and corporate structures. Recently acquired by Forward Air.
Purchased by Forward Air
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Yet another competitor Forward Air has gobbled up.

When I worked at Towne, our network was second only to Forward Air.

I thoroughly enjoyed my quick paced job. We had 15-20 inbound trailers to be unloaded, sorted, and routed for delivery.

My am shift was rock-solid team. I miss a lot of those team members, and being a pivotal member for such a huge operation.

Ah, good times...
Pros
Super team we had. Decent pay.
Cons
Very Costly Health Insurance, Cost as much as a house payment on a monthly basis. God forbid you should actually have to use it!
Fast pace work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 17, 2016
Towne air freight is no longer in business, but enjoyed working for their company. Extremely fast paced transportation company that I enjoyed the every day challenges
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Unfair pay
fast pace work place
Line haul driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77032October 12, 2016
drove line haul from houston tx to austin to san antonio back to houston nightly if co workers did there job we would all get back in a timely manner
Pros
night driving less traffic
Cons
waiting on driver to show up in san antonio
Dissolved
PM Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 21, 2016
The company was acquired by Forward Air. Therefore, no longer exists. It was not run by educated, professional people at the terminal level.
Great People
Domestic Operations (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 12, 2016
Company interaction with customers is high and very polite.
Management goes above and beyond for customer satisfaction
Broke my heart when company sold to Forward Air Freight
Progressive Trucking Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2016
This company offered numerous challenges in Sales for me. I took each one head on and built my clients from 50 to over 500 and gross sales of starting at $500k per year to over $10M in 5 years.

In addition, I worked evenings and weekends as a CDL driver, both local and regional.
Pros
Fast growing carrier with good support structure
Cons
Compensation did not reflect performance
Great group to work with
Dock Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 13, 2016
Steady work very fast pasted and your always moving. The company is large and all over the country so sometimes if you had a issue it took awhile to get handled but it would get taken care of at some point.
Pros
fast pasted very physical
Cons
lack of answers to questions
this is were I got my start
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 5, 2016
this is where I first started as a semi tractor trailer mechanic, I loved to see what was wrong and fix the problems so the units could get back on the road
OK Company to work for
Receptionist, Sales assistant, customer service (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 29, 2016
When I started working here, I was going through a career change. I was able to work some different positions, so I gained a lot of experience in a short time. Although I got along with everyone, I felt that some management played favorites with other employees and not all employees were treated equally.
Towne Air was seen by freight forwarders as a viable competitor to Forward Air and it is tragic that they eventually went out of business.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 17, 2016
A typical day started by checking service issues on the website and relating those that applied to my customers. It was also crucial to check emails and provide answers to internal and external customers. When possible, I personally provided rate quotes and addressed administrative issues. I usually had at least three appointments a day, including some customer lunches. Even though I checked emails throughout the day, I checked them again late in the evening to address any special service issues that some customers may need.
Pros
Building professional relationships with customers.
Cons
Too many service failure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Towne Air Freight. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8