Towne Air Freight

Towne Air Freight Employee Reviews

overall
Customer Service Rep / Dispatcher (Former Employee), College Park, GAJuly 15, 2015
◾Work any shift including weekends.

◾Hand stack product on occasion when off balance or in the wrong location.

◾Shrink-wrap and label outgoing orders and remove shrink wrap from incoming orders.

◾Meet this position’s physical demands.
Good
AP Administrator/Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), South Bend, INJuly 9, 2015
Very good environment to work in. Performed subcontractor payables and payroll. Co workers were wonderful to work with on my department. The hardest part of the job was watching it get dismantled by Forward Air who bought the company in March.
Truck Driver/Dispatcher
Truck Driver / Dispatcher (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 2, 2015
Pros: HAD awesome dispatchers
Cons: company changed hands
What can I say it was a great job when you know who was running the show... Then you know who took over... glad i was gone b4 that happened. don't know to much about them today.
while i was there, i was working for an OO and it wasn't to bad, for what i had. I knew in that position there were no bene's etc. so i knew what i was getting into when i hired on. You def have to work of your money.....
I enjoyed my job here. I was very busy daily.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), South Bend, INJune 27, 2015
Pros: I worked with no supervision.
Cons: The benefits were not very good.
I enjoyed working at Towne Air Freight because I was busy everyday and moving around all the time. My co-workers were great people to work with and I loved being able to work independently. I was very appreciated.
Terrible shame that this company was bought out
Supervisor (Former Employee), Elk Grove, IlMay 19, 2015
Pros: Not much
Cons: Mostly everything
Towne Air WAS one of the best Air Freight LTL carriers in the mid west. They went down hill over the years. The company appeared to be suffering, we could all see it from the inside. The had asked us to take salary reductions. Significant reductions, but yet were hiring new people for the same level positions for higher rates. No employee loyalty. Only loyalty to the Founders, or the owners, or the select few managers that had been there the longest. It was a shame that they were bought out. They had such a good reputation for so many years, but then the last 3-4 years was horrible. Poof.... another one bites the dust.
Friendly fast pace, learning company
Air & Ocean Import Coordinator (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 1, 2015
Good equal opportunity for all. Fast paced with growth opportunity. Customer oriented service to its fullest.
Expanded CFS knowledge.
Made good acquaintances.
Account Executive -San Francisco Bay Area (Former Employee), Brisbane, CAApril 23, 2015
Had a lot of good people. Really enjoyed my time there. Unique balance between hard work and time off. It was the perfect jon, its just to bad company got sold.
Productive and busy work place
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: Good people, benefits
Cons: Salary
Load plan for outbound trailers. Conference calls to find out what will be coming inbound for transfer, let other terminals know hot freight may becoming to them and what to expect. Line out dock crew on plan on what inbound and outbound to expect for the shift. Inspect how loads were being put together.
Very enjoyable work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Able to get new phones.
Selling cell-phones to customers. Helping customers how to work new phones. Learned info on new phones and was much easier to sell. I can say the manager/store owner was the greatest boss to have, especially being my first job.
Towne was a good place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Romulus, MIMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Loved my route
Cons: none
I enjoyed working for Towne Air Fright I loved my route great people and Towne had nice trucks to drive good health ins.Over all good company.
Good Expereince
Director of Linehan Engineering (Current Employee), South Bend, INMarch 4, 2015
Pros: good company
Cons: being sold to forward air
Worked with the company to move from unprofitable to profitable in 17 months

Learned their computer systems. Able to utilize and optimized solution to driver improvement

Top Management was changed follwoing my arrival
Fast paced work environment
Pricing & Traffic Administrator (Current Employee), South Bend, INFebruary 25, 2015
Multi tasking fast paced work environment.
Benefits are not great
Co Workers mostly friendly
I am very flexible and can learn anything and a great multitasker
productive and learning
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: all
incredible job all around, learned alot of info and knowledge that can be used in future jobs. Will miss this job. Enjoyed dispatching, did some deliveries. Learned more about customer service and billing
good
Safety Administrator (Former Employee), South Bend, INFebruary 17, 2015
Cons: no breaks other then lunch
Full work load including the managers work at times. Learned to make sure its a team and not just an individual doing everything,. I got along with all my co workers because I am a friendly person. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the negativity from the "manager". Me clocking out of work was the most enjoyable.
Great place to learn logistics!
Central Dispatcher (Current Employee), South Bend, INFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: schedule and pay
Cons: not much room for promotions.
A great place to get your feet wet in the world of logistics. Good pay and great schedule to live a productive life. The position can be stressful at times, but clock moves quickly.
Towne could be great....
Driver (Former Employee), South Bend, INFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: freight
Cons: no free lunches
Towne kept me in the south, out of the snow, in the sunshine....thats the best part....They dispatched late, co mingled hazmat shipments, and treat you like being treated like a rabid dog in the beginning...same old same old...this is only my opinion...if you have exactly 2 years experience and are tired of JB Hunt, dive right in, if you are a legitimate trucker, avoid the headache....might be better now that FORWARD AIR bought them....good luck.
Would not recommend working here
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), South Bend, INJanuary 28, 2015
Pros:
Get paid weekly

Cons:
Everything else! Little to no benefits, pay is ok but no raises, no time off, management is awful.
workplace of towne air freight
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: 30 min lunch
Cons: 10 min breaks
what i learned at Towne air freight is everybody isn't your friend some of the co-workers i had where cool & always helped me out & there where some that would always want to throw me under the bus & not help me out. The hardest part of my job was be was being cool with my boss because i tried to do everything right & when i try to he always tried to find some wrong with what i do. The most enjoyable part of my job was loading & unload trailer trucks.
Not the greatest job.
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Brisbane, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: management experience
Cons: over worked
Right off the bat it was not good. My dispatching position soon turned into running the office. Building shelves. operating forklifts with any prior training or license. I worked more than 12 hours a day while also working weekends that was originally supposed to be rotated with the other employees. The good part is I managed to get a taste of management with managing my drivers and the warehouse workers on the weekends. I also learned how to operate a forklift and load a 53' dry van. My coworkers were a mix up personalities. I learned how to work with all kinds which was a feat in itself.
I kinda miss it
DISPATCHER (Former Employee), Harrisburg PANovember 23, 2014
I loved this jon untill they laid me off. They were getting low on work so they let me go. However, I really did like this job. It was fun and laid back and i absolutely enjoyed it.
Headquarters