TOWNE NURSING Employee Reviews

moderate break
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 11, 2015
Pros: two break
Cons: lunchtime
clean environment,hours available proving the chance to make money to take care of ones family I have not work at this company for a long period so there is not much I can say at this time
A good place to start if you have no experience
CNA (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYApril 2, 2015
Pros: Experience working on various units
Cons: No benefits, don't get accepted in union
I worked for towne a little over a year. It was the only placed that hired me dued to me just starting out as a CNA. The facility I worked at had various different units, and I gained a lot of experience. The co-workers seemed nice and we all worked together. The disadvantages of this job is no benefits meaning you will not get put into the union because the facilities aren't hiring and you will work and be under agency for as long as you choose to work there. In the meantime look for a better facility that pays more and give you benefits you will feel more appreciated of the work you do because you have to do everything in these facilities and towne nursing takes a lot of taxes out your check
A pleasant work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Great Neck, NYNovember 28, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short break
I like working at Towne Nursing. It's a nice working environment.
The majority of the co-workers are pleasant and make it easier to work with them. Of course you get a few who don't know anything about team work.
The hardest part of the job is that you get a lot of patients and a few hours to take care of them. I feel that the patient do not get quality care.
I enjoy talking to the patients who all have different personalities. I always look forward to provide care for them so i can enjoy the conversations.
Great place to start your career
CNA (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great customer service, work with your schedule
Cons: low pay but worth it to get experience
Towne Nursing was the best place to get my foot in the door as a CNA. After I got my certificate no one was willing to hire me because I didn't have any experience but Towne placed me at a great nursing home right away! I applied online and was contacted to schedule an interview. At my interview, I brought whatever documents were required and less than a week later I was told about orientation! I've worked with Towne for over a year now and look forward to advancing my career and going to school to become an LPN. Since Towne places LPNs as well, I'm planning on staying with them.
CNA opens the door to become a MA
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 8, 2014
While taking up a CNA course i always knew i would like to use this as a door to further my career in the medical field which is exactly what i have accomplished moving forward to a MA.
a great learning experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: free luch
Cons: barely any break timw
Good Work experience. Plenty of work but worth it in the end, especially knowing that you're doing something you love.
Very poor custumer service
CNA (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 12, 2013
Sometimes you called and they said they will call you back or send you whatever documents you need on a email but it takes weeks for them to do it. Its one of the cheapest companies on the market.
temp agency
Charge Nurse-LPN (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 12, 2013
depends on where you are placed your experience. temp agency is very flexible with work schedules
productive workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 13, 2013
Cons: short breaks
The most enjoyable part of my job was taking care of the residents. My co workers were respectful if there was a problem we would handle it like mature adults.
Just to get your foot in the door!!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 13, 2012
This is a starter because its a placement agency. You will do all the work for minimum dollars!! Know what you want and have a plan if you are going to work here. Not for long term.
Productive and Good working Environment
CNA/HHA (Current Employee), Lakewood, NJSeptember 30, 2012
Good work Schedule,Basic Managerial and Nursing skills and Nice co-workers
very unprofessional
chha (Former Employee), lakewood njAugust 23, 2011
Pros: same week pay
Cons: unprofessional, rude, false advertising
False advertise ( same day pay ) continually over staffing meaning when I arrived at a clients home there was another chha already there working this happen to me 7 times and I got no apologies or gas compensation I have done live ins for them in remote areas and found clients living with no food I had to arrange for my check to be picked up by a friend and go food shopping with my own wages they were not concerned and I never got compensation, I've slept on a bathroom floor for 4 days at a nursing home in holmdal they wanted me to sleep next to the client in her hospital bed ( 0 ) privacy and I worked almost 24hrs a day major labor law violation and when the case was finally over they told me I owed them apology? ??? After speaking up about all this I was deemed a problem and black listed