TOWNE NURSING Employee Reviews

help older adults with physical and mental impairments
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 16, 2016
work with staff to assistance elderly adults in feeding, dressing, ambulating, performing vital signs and completing reports on patient health
Pros
create your schedule
Cons
pay is very low, no benefits
A good place to start if you have no experience
CNA (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 2, 2015
I worked for towne a little over a year. It was the only placed that hired me dued to me just starting out as a CNA. The facility I worked at had various different units, and I gained a lot of experience. The co-workers seemed nice and we all worked together. The disadvantages of this job is no benefits meaning you will not get put into the union because the facilities aren't hiring and you will work and be under agency for as long as you choose to work there. In the meantime look for a better facility that pays more and give you benefits you will feel more appreciated of the work you do because you have to do everything in these facilities and towne nursing takes a lot of taxes out your check
Pros
Experience working on various units
Cons
No benefits, don't get accepted in union
very unprofessional
chha (Former Employee) –  lakewood njAugust 23, 2011
False advertise ( same day pay ) continually over staffing meaning when I arrived at a clients home there was another chha already there working this happen to me 7 times and I got no apologies or gas compensation I have done live ins for them in remote areas and found clients living with no food I had to arrange for my check to be picked up by a friend and go food shopping with my own wages they were not concerned and I never got compensation, I've slept on a bathroom floor for 4 days at a nursing home in holmdal they wanted me to sleep next to the client in her hospital bed ( 0 ) privacy and I worked almost 24hrs a day major labor law violation and when the case was finally over they told me I owed them apology? ??? After speaking up about all this I was deemed a problem and black listed
Pros
same week pay
Cons
unprofessional, rude, false advertising
productive and fun place.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJanuary 11, 2016
Staff friendly. good pay. Always busy but worth it. U tell them the hours u want and u get exactly what u expected. but be ready to move from one nursing home to the other in order to complete your hours.
Pros
good pay
Cons
always busy.
Great place to start your career
CNA (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 25, 2014
Towne Nursing was the best place to get my foot in the door as a CNA. After I got my certificate no one was willing to hire me because I didn't have any experience but Towne placed me at a great nursing home right away! I applied online and was contacted to schedule an interview. At my interview, I brought whatever documents were required and less than a week later I was told about orientation! I've worked with Towne for over a year now and look forward to advancing my career and going to school to become an LPN. Since Towne places LPNs as well, I'm planning on staying with them.
Pros
great customer service, work with your schedule
Cons
low pay but worth it to get experience
A pleasant work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Great Neck, NYNovember 28, 2014
I like working at Towne Nursing. It's a nice working environment.
The majority of the co-workers are pleasant and make it easier to work with them. Of course you get a few who don't know anything about team work.
The hardest part of the job is that you get a lot of patients and a few hours to take care of them. I feel that the patient do not get quality care.
I enjoy talking to the patients who all have different personalities. I always look forward to provide care for them so i can enjoy the conversations.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
productive day at work with co workers
Recreation Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 26, 2015
A typical day at work would be me setting up the clothing racks and tables such as folding the shirts and hanging up jeans. cleaning the dressing rooms and basically setting up the store in the morning.
Pros
good hours, flexible schedule, good pay
Cons
long distance
moderate break
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 11, 2015
clean environment,hours available proving the chance to make money to take care of ones family I have not work at this company for a long period so there is not much I can say at this time
Pros
two break
Cons
lunchtime
Just to get your foot in the door!!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2012
This is a starter because its a placement agency. You will do all the work for minimum dollars!! Know what you want and have a plan if you are going to work here. Not for long term.
CNA opens the door to become a MA
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 8, 2014
While taking up a CNA course i always knew i would like to use this as a door to further my career in the medical field which is exactly what i have accomplished moving forward to a MA.

Want to know more about TOWNE NURSING?

Ask a question
a great learning experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJanuary 6, 2014
Good Work experience. Plenty of work but worth it in the end, especially knowing that you're doing something you love.
Pros
free luch
Cons
barely any break timw
Very poor custumer service
CNA (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 12, 2013
Sometimes you called and they said they will call you back or send you whatever documents you need on a email but it takes weeks for them to do it. Its one of the cheapest companies on the market.
productive workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 13, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job was taking care of the residents. My co workers were respectful if there was a problem we would handle it like mature adults.
Cons
short breaks
temp agency
Charge Nurse-LPN (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 12, 2013
depends on where you are placed your experience. temp agency is very flexible with work schedules
Productive and Good working Environment