Towne Park, Ltd. Employee Reviews

Great balance between working and school.
Good Samaritans Medical Center Receptionist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 17, 2016
Towne Park was a great company to work for to balance my schedule of school and work. My manager provided me with a great shift to be able to work and attend classes.
Pros
Work with employees to provide them they best schedule to fit they needs
Cons
No benefits, No pay increase, Issues with bathroom breaks
sad times
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 13, 2015
long hours, under paid, OVER WORKED!, high expectations, poor communication...
Having to deal with clients that more often than not disrespectful to you as a professional or as a person.
I have seen people let go with no prior offenses or issues, then i have seen people keep there jobs even without operating or performing, I have also seen people consistently violating policy and getting chance after chance. I would say that the executives EVP and higher are the ones who reap the benefits. TP cares more about numbers and investors than the managers/leaders who are driving the results!
The hourly associates have NO benefits and are worked like slaves, while promised the world! most if not all will never see....
Its sad... that is all
fun and fast pace
Valet (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCDecember 21, 2015
loved working for them got to drive all kinds of cars and the people i got meet was very nice and the tips was awesome. its a great job for a young student who's trying to work their way through college and you have the weekends off and you get benefits
Pros
great tips
Cons
standing outside in bad weather
A great position to get your foot in the door if you never held a job.
Garage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore MDJuly 17, 2016
In my 6 months at Towne Park I learned a great deal of how to communicate to customers and I learned how to handle and deal with different personalities in the site and around the area. It was a great experience that allowed me to grow and expand my skills in many areas such as paying attention to the customers and making sure the garages ran as expected. Towne Park is still growing and I suggest that anyone without any work experience should take this job as it allows advancement opportunities in a short time span and valet parking opportunities are much higher than other garage based businesses.
Pros
Scheldules and environements is laid back and is a good fit for those without work experience.
Cons
This job is strict about some behaviors but it is expected when running an garage based operation.
Find a better job jax fl
Valet shuttle driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville flAugust 24, 2016
The work is easy the managers were ok. Pay is very low compared to others sites why is that? You work all day come to work on time and TOWNE PARK don't appreciate it. You put all your work in and those idiots can't get payroll correct after months and weeks working for this unprofessional company. They pay you on Friday but they send a check in mail 4 days later. Really? They can't get pay right but want you to continue to work. So every time they do it I don't show up to work until I get my check. Two can play that game. They already short on workers valet can't keep people Never so what does that tell you.? I left without a 2 week notice they didn't deserve one. Best thing I done was to leave this company and I left when they needed me the most. Did I mention the shuttles buses were always breaking down and no a/c. You wonder why they are loosing contract. Towne park I'm sure you could get better not.
Pros
Easy work and when I left the company
Cons
Low pay bad management unprofessional company
Decent enough management, no shortage of lazy workers
Valet Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 29, 2016
I have worked here for about 4 months and the management is friendly but enjoys talking behind others backs. When something is wrong with an employee its not uncommon for them to be the last person that is informed of the situation at hand. I'd say at least 30% of the workers there are late constantly and nothing is ever done about it, write ups are threatened but seldom enforced. I enjoy the job itself and the patients i care for but there are a lot of things that need work.
Pros
Fairly relaxed as long as things are going the way they should be.
Cons
Management and employees i work with
Fun place when you have guest and good team.
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 25, 2016
Great place to work if you can get morning shifts. Worked there for 4 months and still wasn't able to get morning shifts. I usually worked the 5pm - 1am shift which was the slowest shift. Usually making 30$ on tips and 5/hour. So wasn't the best at all, when able to pickup a morning shift I was able to get around 60$ which was a lot better than the 30$ I would get on night shifts. Don't forget about tip tax deductions . They would take 140+ out my check for the tip tax. So checks were usually 280$ if I worked 75: hours. Just needed a safer "check" so that's why I left.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Very inconsistent
Pretty miserable
Bellman/Valet (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 24, 2016
The job requires a lot of work and you have to deal with miserable, cheap guests who don't want to provide monetary gratitude for your hard work. The managers are all bros who bro out together and don't care about their employees well-being. There are absolutely no benefits for the valet/bellmen/doormen; no PTO, expensive insurance and irrelevant 401k plans. If you get Employee of the Month, you get absolutely nothing other than a picture on the wall. Meanwhile the managers go on all expense paid trips to Disney and get gifted $300 sunglasses. This company blows.
Pros
You might get free parking at a couple hotels in your area.
Terrible place to work!
Guest Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19107July 29, 2016
Towne Park is a racist company. The company does not care for there employees, especially if you are African or African American. Account Mangers and Assistant Account mangers are passive-aggressive towards black employees, they will insult you verbally with racial negative stereotypes. And if get upset with the verbal insults, they will say you have a bad attitude and your hours will be cut. There are no incentives for employees, they will work you long and hard with no consideration, the only employees that are majority promoted are white employees. Towne Park offers a training class called the accent program. This class is suppose to train employees to become Account Mangers or Assistant Account manager, which never happens. They will bring a manager from a different state over an employees who was took the accent class was promise the opportunity of the postion, and put in time in effort for the company. Working at the hotel sites is like working on a plantation, We are treated like cattle not human beings, and talked to as such. Towne Park is a terrible company.
Pros
Challenging, fun and never a dull moment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 11, 2016
This is a very well established nationwide hospitality company. The opportunity to come in at the ground level and grow into a management position is a path that is clearly laid out from day one. They have an excellent training program and are there to support you every step of the way. This only ensures the success of their product when you are promoted into a salaried manager position. The culture and feeling that you are a member of a team are very much alive and well!
It was a great leaning experience
Guest Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 15, 2016
This is a great company to work for. It is a fast paced position when there is 200 or more vehicles to valet per day at university Hospital, Columbia, Missouri. Being attentive even in the setting of the hospital and assisting those who are handicapped or need assistance to get to where they need to be for doctor appointments, directions and bringing their vehicle back to them upon departure. Management does a fine job and training is great as well.
Pros
tips are not required, but optional.
Cons
limited health care coverage
Company is okay
Valet (Former Employee) –  Hilton Convention Center, Orlando-FLMay 20, 2016
Overall a good, solid company to work for. However, depending on what hotel you work at, your tips will suffer, and you will get your shifts cut, but they allow you to work at different sites so can't really complain. Also, management is constantly busy to remember any of they're employees job-life balance. Easy tasks, nothing too sketchy. Management waited a whole month and a half to tell me they were going to let me go due to a $4200 claim that I admittingly caused. After being brutually honest about it, going through the paperwork, and being told from my assistant account manager that I wasn't going to be terminated, the DM of the company decided to terminate my employment. So much for being my first claim ever... I made great tips at my site and never caused any tension. Was highly dissappointed on how the whole situation went about because my managers didn't even fight for me, they just let it happen.
Pros
Easy, tips are amazing, great people to work with, guest experience
Cons
Lousy management communication skills, high pressure for causing claims, slow depending on site.
Amazing people and atmosphere
Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 1, 2016
I was welcomed by every member of this company at multiple locations. They work well with each other and the hotel.

I got to work flexible hours and was treated with respect and dignity throughout my time at Towne Park. They are a terrific company that deserves praise and recognition for their incredible contribution to the hotel industry. They pay exactly the salary that hard-working employees deserve. I mean, how do they know exactly how much we need for basic needs?
Pros
Free water
Cons
Hot weather
Don't Make It A Career
Valet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2016
When working, people besides management was great. The work was fun some days you get good tips some day you go home short the less you would have is $20 but the management was horrible on slow seasons they would hire more than what was need which made the tips short they would barely put you on the schedule one of the reason I left because of that you can go weeks without them putting you on a schedule and when they did it would be for one day
An account manager is crucial to employee attitude
Valet (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 14, 2016
Worked for this company a little over 2 years while attending college. First account manager made coming to work a pure joy works with college students schedules. Second account manager made me put in my two weeks and made it unbearable to work under his authority. Theres leaders and bosses in the work force. He was no leader.
Work flow will depend on your job site. Anywhere from 20-150 cars a day. Co-workers were very humble, and true to themselves. I enjoyed helping others who were in need. Working at a hospital location I was able to see families come and go. Doesn't seem like much but parking their cars was very helpful!
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
leadership
Fast pace and good pay
Valet (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 27, 2016
Typical Valet life.
Best way to learn customer service because you are dealing with peoples investments and often their personal luggage. Tips usually rolled in nicely despite the few slow nights where we would have to rely on our $3 and some change to help us.
Day shift was a little cocky at times, night shift made only 1/2 of what they did.
Managers were awesome and helpful, always bringing us up instead of tearing us down.
Pros
Decent pay, fun
Cons
Day shift made more, easy to get written up
Providing the best customer service to the hotel guest!
Valet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 29, 2016
Since I was trained in all areas of the company I was given the responsibility of not only managing the revenue but also the vehicles and staff overnight. It was an exciting and demanding job that really allowed me to exceed my own expectations. I enjoyed being able to help tourists and guest on the beach and also tailor suggestions when asked for places to visit.
Pros
Learned management skills
Cons
Worked in very hot weather
Great job for my personality and great place to work at
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAJune 27, 2016
I enjoyed helping people who had to visit the hospital. Assisting patients going to the ER. I was always enthusiastic and friendly. The job was close to home and flexible with my college schedule.
Pros
Being outside (with good weather), meeting and assisting patients can be personally satisfying.
Cons
Bad weather, aggravated patients and customers can be difficult to please.
Not enough pay
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  GOLETA CLIF 93117October 6, 2015
I wouldnt reccomend anyone working there,as the management doesnt take care of its employees,management didnt take care of its employees at all
Pros
NONE
Cons
LOW PAY, BAD BENEFITS
Flexible Schedule but pay not good enough
Supervsor (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLSeptember 1, 2016
very flexible with your schedule. not enough pay for the job. They want us to work like $15/hour associates while getting paid minimum tip wage. Good job for someone who is young and is trying to save up some money due to tips. Management always takes care of their employees as much as possible.
Pros
schedule and environment
Cons
constantly being watched

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Towne Park, Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9