Towne Properties Employee Reviews

Great Company, Great Culture
manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 1, 2017
I've been with Towne Properties for nearly 15 years and have been in many positions. With training and mentoring from fantastic people in Towne, I have had a career path that is diverse but also uses my skills well. I've worked in sales, management, and several things in between. They have a great training team that teaches you how to be the best you can be at your job. If you want to move up, though, they don't have training for that. You can get tuition reimbursement to take classes you find on your own that will give you the professional development you need to advance if that is what you are looking for. The company keeps growing and growing so there are a lot of opportunities for people that are hungry enough to go for them.
Pros
a lot of recent and ongoing changes to bring the company up to the current times
Cons
insurance is expensive but has good coverage
December 4, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Towne Properties. It's great to hear from one of the many associates that have been here for so many years. Your testimony highlights something that many of our associates truly value- the opportunities to move up and progress within their career. Our training programs are great for sharpening your skills and keeping current with laws and trends and our tuition reimbursement offers many associates the opportunity to take specific training that applies to their position. Thanks again for your feedback.

Decent job
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 27, 2017
Good job but not a career not much room for advancement and the company but overall it is a great company to work for if you're not looking for a lifetime job.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Long drive for me
November 30, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience working with Towne Properties. We're thrilled to hear that you have such a positive overall feeling about your position and the company.

If you are interested in advancement within the service field, we do have many opportunities for growth and development. Moving from Service Technician I to Service Technician II to Service Technician III are all options for an associate that is engaged in the Towne University programs and obtains additional certifications and skills training.

From there, movement to a Service Manager is an option as is a move into a different department. We have Service Technicians in multifamily housing, commercial space, retail space, condo and HOA, as well as recreational space.

There is also the option of moving into one of the other divisions that require a different skill set. Some of these are Towne Development Group, TowneScapes, and Total Restoration Solutions. If you'd like more information about any of these, please contact Training or Human Resources.

Challenging and Fun
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Trotwood, OHOctober 27, 2017
Towne Properties is challenging and fun. The wages are competitive and employee recognition is great. They promote from with and have a great Training and Development department.

They have team building events at Top Golf, horse races etc. Employee outings at Kings Island, Coney Island and Casino.

I would recommend working on the Dayton team.
Pros
Annual reviews and raises
October 30, 2017

Thank you for your time in reviewing your experience working with Towne Properties. We are happy you have found your time with us to be rewarding. A lot of time and effort goes into programs and activities to show appreciation for our associates and we are glad to hear you enjoy them.

Best Management Company I've Been With
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 27, 2017
I've been in this industry since 2002, and have worked for three management companies. Towne is by far the best company I have been with, which is why I have stayed onboard for more than 13 years.
The company is fairly large but feels like a small, family company. I feel valued as a person, as an individual. I've been afforded opportunities for training that allowed me to advance my career with Towne. I have seen the same for a lot of other employees here. We're not numbers at Towne, we are people.
Towne is also very committed to charitable work. Among many things, they fundraise annually for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. We walk in this event every year, and work together to raise funds. We are always a top corporate fundraiser for the cause. It feels good to be part of this.
Pros
Great training, 401k with match, generous paid time off program
Cons
Insurance plan is expensive
November 2, 2017

We appreciate your thorough review of your experience as a Leasing Professional with Towne Properties. Over the past 55+ years, we have grown by leaps and bounds and we are happy to hear that the culture has remained intact as a supportive team environment our associates are happy to be part of.
The Training and Development Department works tirelessly to bring meaningful programs to our associates that will directly impact their job performance and professional growth. We're glad you find value in these offerings.
Finally, Corporate Social Responsibility is a commitment Towne shares with its associates. Our fundraising efforts have a tremendous impact in the community, but only because of the dedication and hard work of the associates on our team.
Thank you again for your time in reviewing Towne Properties and we hope for many more years of success together.

Cut Throat
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 31, 2017
Management will promise you everything under the sun. It's very cut throat and if you are in the "in" crowd you will not move up in the company. I wouldn't waste my time with this company. Poor management.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Healthcare coverage is expensive. Long hours and no recognition.
Work load unrealistic
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 31, 2017
Unhappy Place to work and environment to be in. Extreme stress due to uneven work loads and distribution with no managerial support. Office full of nepotism and cover ups.
Very unorganized and not professional
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 8, 2017
Terrible management and not great benefits. Not very much reward when you work hard. They do have flexible hours in some departments. But overall I wouldn't recommend this company.
August 10, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We regret that your work experience with Towne Properties does not match our intention of being a Great Place to Live, Work Shop and Play®. We are very sorry you feel the management team is less than stellar and that you do not feel rewarded for your work contributions. We encourage you to speak candidly with your supervisor about your concerns; if that is not feasible, please bring your concerns to Human Resources so we may address them as appropriate.

Towne Properties
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 6, 2017
Great place to work. There is no typical day here. Everyday is always different from the next. I have learned so much at Towne. I started out in nursing and switched careers in 2015. I am still learning. The most enjoyable part of my day is having conversations with prospects learning about them and their family.
June 22, 2017

We are so happy to hear how much you like working for Towne Properties - thank you for taking the time to comment! It truly is very rewarding work helping people select their new place to call home. We believe the residents can tell how much you enjoy what you do - and that makes a world of difference!

Towne
Accounts Receviable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 25, 2017
Great company to work for. The owner of the company is an absolute sweetheart. He really care about his employees as well as his residents. A great place to work, live and play.
June 1, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment on what a GREAT place Towne Properties is! Most will agree that the owner truly is one-of-a-kind!

A great company to grow with
Lead Apartment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Milford, OH 45150May 17, 2017
this company gives there employees great recognition to all employees & delivers great training to everyone. I only left due to moving back to Florida. if not for that,I would have stayed until retirement. I recommend this company for anyone...
June 1, 2017

It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your time with Towne Properties! Our Training & Development Department does an excellent job in providing a wide array of programs so all associates have an opportunity to continually learn and grow. Our annual Towne Associates Appreciation Day (TAAD) is indeed a special day of recognition and fun for all!

Favoritism, nepotism just to name a few. Not a fun place to work.
Clerical (Former Employee) –  NKYDecember 2, 2016
Favoritism, nepotism, racism, age discrimination, gender discrimination. Saw it all while I worked for Towne Properties. HR turned a blind eye to it. Towne Property solution was to fire an individual rather than address the issues.
Pros
Zero
Cons
To many to list
January 24, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We regret that your work experience with Towne Properties did not match our intention of being a Great Place to Live, Work Shop and Play®. We sincerely value and consider all feedback and would like to take this opportunity to address some of your specific concerns.

Towne Properties is an equal opportunity employer. EEO policies begin at recruitment and continue throughout employment. Recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, compensation, associate benefits, transfers, reductions in force and returns, company sponsored training and social and recreational programs and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are administered to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, gender identity, genetic history, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status and any legally protected category or activity in accordance with applicable local, state and federal laws.

We instruct all associates that, if they believe this policy is being violated in any way, to report it to their supervisor or the Human Resources department. If a report to a supervisor fails to correct the problem or concern, associates are then instructed to promptly report it to the Human Resources Department. Human Resources will investigate valid complaints and take appropriate action.

favoritism
Administrative Assistant / Association Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 14, 2016
The more you work, the more they expect from you. They have everyone in our office so overloaded that the quality of work suffers.
January 24, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We regret that you feel so overloaded that the quality of your work suffers – that certainly is not the kind of work environment we want to promote at Towne Properties. We understand that there are certain times of the year in our industry that are busier than others and there may be times when an office is caught understaffed as we look to hire additional qualified associates. Have you had the opportunity to discuss this situation with your manager? If that is not a viable solution, please contact the Human Resources department to discuss the issue in greater detail so we can assist in finding a suitable resolution.

Productive and visually pleasing
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHAugust 23, 2016
Everyday was something new and I am able to learn something new each day. It is very rewarding being able to look at the progress and hard work that is done after completing the job.
Pros
learn on the job
benefits
October 19, 2016

Thank you for letting us know how much you find your job with Towne so rewarding! In addition to being able to learn on the job, Towne is also very dedicated to providing associates with on-going training through Towne University.

The properties all vary in management so it is very difficult to gage the company as a whole. I had a terrible experience with my property manager.
Sales/Marketing/Design (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 27, 2016
Fun, fast paced
not to trust management's judgement
dishonest at all costs
Dishonest to the point of jeopardizing the company name
above
Fast paced, dealing with new people daily
Pros
Company outings, good comission
Cons
Untruthful managerial employees that get away with it
August 11, 2016

Thank you for your comments. We are very sorry you had a less than positive experience with your manager and that there were issues with trust and honesty. We would like to know more about what happened – would you be willing to participate in an exit interview so we can learn more and address concerns as appropriate?

Average
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHMarch 1, 2016
This is an average company with the same issues all companies have. They do have a signature program which I think is very help in a lot of ways.
March 2, 2016

Thank you for your comments. We're sorry that you feel Towne Properties is just an average company. True, we are not perfect and will have issues just as all companies do; the test is whether the issues are addressed in a timely and effective manner in order to make Towne Properties the best it can be. One way we have focused on becoming an even better company is implementing Signature training for all associates involved in the leasing process in order to provide legendary customer service to current or perspective renters. This is a big investment and we are pleased to know that you find value in it.

Fun place to work with understanding and nice residents
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Wright's Point ApartmentsJuly 22, 2015
Wright's Point is one of many Towne Properties and I love working here. The residents are awesome. The prospects are willing to wait a long time to get the perfect apartment that fits their needs. It's a fun place to work with a hyper staff always willing to help anyone with anything. This is the only job I have ever had that I look forward to going to in the morning.
September 22, 2015

So happy to hear how much you enjoy your job with Towne Properties – thank you for taking the time to share! It is, indeed, a lot of fun helping people select their next place to call home.

If you are going to work at Towne, work out of the Cincinnnati office
Leasing (Former Employee) –  Dayton OHJune 3, 2015
Lack of support and condescending attitude are common for mid level management. The common theme is doing more with less then lie to owners. Towne is in the middle of a transition at the top level and are unaware of the tactics of those in charge in key areas. On the up side, benefits are good and pay is comparable to other companies. Training is provided, but needs improvement on Yardi. SIgnature shopping is continuous and are frequently inaccurate. Keep copies of e-mails.
Pros
Pay, Benefits and training
Cons
Dayton office is lacking professional leadership.
September 22, 2015

We are very sorry that you experienced what you felt was a condescending attitude from someone in a management capacity. Would you be willing to participate in an exit interview so we can learn more about your concerns and address them as appropriate?

Management is sneaky
Leasing (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 24, 2015
Towne keeps up their properties very well. They try to make sure residents are happy. Management is very sneaky and underhanded and they say they promote from within, but that's a lie. Upper management is very stuck up and if you don't work in Cincinnati, they don't even know you. I spent a lot of years working for this company and they proved to me that they value profits over human compassion. Lowest pay in this industry.
Pros
Maintain Properies
Cons
Benefits awful, Pay awful, Management awful
September 22, 2015

We are very sorry you felt the management team was less than stellar. With over 900 associates, it is impossible for the leadership team to get to know each and every one of them. We do our best to get people connected at our annual Towne Associate Appreciate Day event and through regular site visits to the communities.

Towne has a very active internal job posting program and promotes from within whenever possible and merited.

Good Culture Bad Managment
Trainer and Relief Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 2, 2015
The trainer position is rewarding but can be stressful. In order for a trainer to get compensated you had to be scheduled to train or covered the office when someone was out at an apartment community. If there was no training or office coverage scheduled you do not get compensated. There is no budget for your salary. It is optional for you to use vacation or sick time to pay for your salary. As a trainer you are paid in mileage. You must be likable to be in this position if you are not likable no one will hire you for office coverage. You will struggle getting hours unless they decide that this position should be salary instead of hourly.

As a leasing professional at any of their apartment communities you do have a set schedule which is awesome.

They offer continuing education classes through their company for advancement another awesome fact.

They are not required to give you an annual review or raise.

The hardest part of the job was not getting enough hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the new employees and training them. Some of the people at the company was great to work with.
Pros
Benefits O.K. and offer continuing education
Cons
Don't pay well and they are not obligated to offer annual raises
September 22, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience working for Towne Properties – it is sincerely appreciated.

The position of Trainer is a rather unique one and comes with certain conditions (hours, travel, etc.) that are discussed with candidates at the time of hire.

Managers are strongly encouraged to review their associates on an annual basis and award merit pay increases when deserved.

Great job,Just management problems
Maintenance Technician/ plumber (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 21, 2015
Very busy, Management needed help with people skills,co-workers great, Driving to many jobs,
September 22, 2015

Towne communities certainly can be very busy places to work! In spite of this, we still encourage all of our associates, at every level, to continue learning and improving their knowledge and skills by attending Towne University classes, some that specifically cover topics related to people-skills and team building.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Towne Properties. Our community is ready to answer.