Towne Properties Employee Reviews in United States

If you are going to work at Towne, work out of the Cincinnnati office
Leasing (Former Employee) –  Dayton OHJune 3, 2015
Lack of support and condescending attitude are common for mid level management. The common theme is doing more with less then lie to owners. Towne is in the middle of a transition at the top level and are unaware of the tactics of those in charge in key areas. On the up side, benefits are good and pay is comparable to other companies. Training is provided, but needs improvement on Yardi. SIgnature shopping is continuous and are frequently inaccurate. Keep copies of e-mails.
Pros
Pay, Benefits and training
Cons
Dayton office is lacking professional leadership.

Comment – September 22, 2015

We are very sorry that you experienced what you felt was a condescending attitude from someone in a management capacity. Would you be willing to participate in an exit interview so we can learn more about your concerns and address them as appropriate?

Management is sneaky
Leasing (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 24, 2015
Towne keeps up their properties very well. They try to make sure residents are happy. Management is very sneaky and underhanded and they say they promote from within, but that's a lie. Upper management is very stuck up and if you don't work in Cincinnati, they don't even know you. I spent a lot of years working for this company and they proved to me that they value profits over human compassion. Lowest pay in this industry.
Pros
Maintain Properies
Cons
Benefits awful, Pay awful, Management awful

Comment – September 22, 2015

We are very sorry you felt the management team was less than stellar. With over 900 associates, it is impossible for the leadership team to get to know each and every one of them. We do our best to get people connected at our annual Towne Associate Appreciate Day event and through regular site visits to the communities. Towne has a very active internal job posting program and promotes from within whenever possible and merited. Would you be willing to participate in an exit interview so we can learn more about your concerns and address them as appropriate?

Good Culture Bad Managment
Trainer and Relief Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 2, 2015
The trainer position is rewarding but can be stressful. In order for a trainer to get compensated you had to be scheduled to train or covered the office when someone was out at an apartment community. If there was no training or office coverage scheduled you do not get compensated. There is no budget for your salary. It is optional for you to use vacation or sick time to pay for your salary. As a trainer you are paid in mileage. You must be likable to be in this position if you are not likable no one will hire you for office coverage. You will struggle getting hours unless they decide that this position should be salary instead of hourly.

As a leasing professional at any of their apartment communities you do have a set schedule which is awesome.

They offer continuing education classes through their company for advancement another awesome fact.

They are not required to give you an annual review or raise.

The hardest part of the job was not getting enough hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the new employees and training them. Some of the people at the company was great to work with.
Pros
Benefits O.K. and offer continuing education
Cons
Don't pay well and they are not obligated to offer annual raises

Comment – September 22, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience working for Towne Properties – it is sincerely appreciated. The position of Trainer is a rather unique one and comes with certain conditions (hours, travel, etc.) that are discussed with candidates at the time of hire. Managers are strongly encouraged to review their associates on an annual basis and award merit pay increases when deserved. Would you be willing to participate in an exit interview so we can learn more about your concerns and address them as appropriate?

Excellent company to work for.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJuly 30, 2012
Although I had only worked for Towne Properties for a short period of time, I have nothing but great things to say about them. The management is excellent. The benefits and sales team are great.
Pros
flexibility in hours.
Cons
no cons.

Comment – September 22, 2015

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your time with Towne – we only wish it could have been longer!

Fun place to work with understanding and nice residents
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Wright's Point ApartmentsJuly 22, 2015
Wright's Point is one of many Towne Properties and I love working here. The residents are awesome. The prospects are willing to wait a long time to get the perfect apartment that fits their needs. It's a fun place to work with a hyper staff always willing to help anyone with anything. This is the only job I have ever had that I look forward to going to in the morning.

Comment – September 22, 2015

So happy to hear how much you enjoy your job with Towne Properties – thank you for taking the time to share! It is, indeed, a lot of fun helping people select their next place to call home.

Regional property management company with a great history of development and management.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 28, 2012
Enjoyed working for this company very much. Excellent benefits and very supportive managers.

Comment – September 22, 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience working with Towne Properties! We do our best to offer a competitive benefits package to full time associates and believe that we have some of the finest property managers in the industry!

Fast paced & good atmosphere
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 2, 2012
Very energetic and fast paced atmosphere daily. Constantly learning new ideas to better the company. Great teamwork with management and staff. Communicating with one another in a fast paced work environment is key to great relations. Hardest part of my job is pleasing all clients and maintaining a professional work place at the same time. Satisfying all clients and accomplishing all set goals is most enjoyable.
Pros
company events & good pay
Cons
expensive healthcare

Comment – September 22, 2015

Thank you for your comments – the atmosphere at Towne can be very energetic and fast-paced – we find this quite challenging and rewarding! Healthcare costs continue to increase everywhere, even with the Affordable Care Act now in place. Towne Properties became self-insured several years ago in order to better control the costs of the health insurance benefits offered to our associates.

Varies by department
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  CincinnatiMay 18, 2014
Towne Properties has an exciting work environment, with offices spanning across multiple states. During a typical day the top dogs in the company would regularly interact with other employees no matter their rank and position with the company. Co-workers were all quite friendly and easy going. The most enjoyable part of the job is making others happy, especially the residents of Towne managed COAs and HOAs and Towne owned apartments.
Pros
Fun after work gatherings and work out groups
Cons
large company with small company atmosphere

Comment – September 22, 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience working with Towne Properties! We agree that the associates at Towne are some of the friendliest and most easygoing around!

Great job,Just management problems
Maintenance Technician/ plumber (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 21, 2015
Very busy, Management needed help with people skills,co-workers great, Driving to many jobs,

Comment – September 22, 2015

Towne communities certainly can be very busy places to work! In spite of this, we still encourage all of our associates, at every level, to continue learning and improving their knowledge and skills by attending Towne University classes, some that specifically cover topics related to people-skills and team building.

Towne Properties provides a safe and fun working environment with room to grow.
Social Media & Digital Strategist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 16, 2012
This was my first job out of college and they really supported my career growth. Truly working my way up, I was able to go from a leasing professional to running the social media and digital marketing team.

Comment – September 22, 2015

So happy to hear that your first job out of college with Towne Properties was a positive one! Towne likes to promote from within whenever possible and rewards people who demonstrate the required attributes to do so.

Flexible and nice
IT Support/ Web Management (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 9, 2012
They are a decent company, but small. Working on a small team was nice, but my personal commute to get there was long and tiring, yet they refused to allow me to work remotely, which is something I could of easily done. Hardest part of the job was customer service. The most enjoyable part was learning what was needed to complete my job.

Comment – September 22, 2015

Towne Properties offers associates some flexibility in their scheduled start and stop times whenever possible. As technology continues to evolve, some positions may be able to transition to a remote working situation. The IT Department at Towne has always been located in the home office location, so the work location information would have been made clear to all candidates at their time of hire.