TownePlace Suites Employee Reviews

this job is stressful
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 17, 2017
this job has poor management, the workers are stressed out because either we were over worked or always left to deal with every situation. We weren't paid enough to be yelled at like we were the management, I just think that when a guest ask to speak with a manager...a manager should actually come out to speak with the guest. At this job your left alone a lot so your pretty much on your own.
Cons
no breaks
Fun place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 18, 2017
Tons of really cool people. We were in the middle of a change in managers which changed our work environment. I didn't really enjoy the atmosphere after that.
Pros
Meet new people
Rewarding and fun place to work!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2017
No day is the same, and I love it! I get to know our guests and make them feel at home. The team here is fun and caring and always willing to go the extra mile,
Nice environment to work in
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INFebruary 15, 2017
It was a very relaxed job and the employees are all great to work with. However, being here for so long I tend to have to pick up slack from fellow coworkers either forgetting to do things or simply just not doing them.
Great Staff
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 15, 2017
TownePlace Suites employed a great group of people. They are more like family than coworkers. The work atmosphere was great.
Cleanliness
HOUSEKEEPER/LAUNDRY ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 15, 2017
The company was all for cleanliness of the suites. They had less interests for the employees. Working longs hours much of the time, and the pay was not good.
Excellent place to work
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 22, 2016
I love working here I started off as a housekeeper and before my 90 days was promoted to supervisor. It has been a learning experience, with problem resolution and learning to inter-react with customers and employee's. I would not change my experience for nothing.
Pros
monthy manager lunches, employee appreciation activities.
Cons
expensive insurance
Great staff and management team
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 16, 2016
Towneplace Suites has an amazing, professional, and friendly staff. They strive to make sure that all guest leave with intentions of returning to our property.
A typical day at work consists of ensuring that all reservations are made according to guests needs, preassigning rooms, going above and beyond to make sure that all of our guest leave with a smile. We also take in and process all methods of payment. Maintain an even cash drawer and maintain a friendly demeanor with all guests and co-workers. We have an amazing team here, and LBA is a great company to work for!
reviewed this one already
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 7, 2016
Don't have much to say about this job because I don't want to just be negative. I think that people should decide on their own. Everyone is different and whereas one person may hate the job the next may love it.
Pros
some staff members
Cons
stability
Mariott is great!
Guest Services Representative/ Audit (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 9, 2016
I really love working for Marriott they hold their standards high. Compensation is great as well. Management is very structured which is easy on the daily work routine.
Chief Engineer Colorado Springs CO
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 31, 2015
Runs the full operations of the hotel. In charge of multiple depts. This is a small company. The owners are very involved. The owners are great but the upper management is difficult to deal with. There are two property's total with the company. Both have a hard time keeping personnel. Can be rewarding but also a curse.

Colorado springs
Pros
great people, challenging
Cons
Tough situations, hard to deal with people, Low budget
Nice work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTDecember 4, 2015
A typical day at work was each girl would get there own floor to work on. We would get our carts ready and we would start by stripping the room down taking out all the dirty laundry as in bedding and bathroom towels. Would make the bed, dust, vacuum and clean and stock the bathroom. Really good manager to work for.
Pros
get discounts for rooms
No balance, always at work, never got time with family.
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 8, 2015
I love my job and the people I work with, but I am always at work. I come in when my kids are getting up, and go home when they are going to bed. This hotel needs a babysitter that I cannot be. I have four kids and need to be able to be with them as well. My two youngest are struggling in school, and I am not there to check home work, make sure its returned to school etc. I do not mind long hours, but not having any time at home is taking its toll on my family which is the reason i work to begin with. The money made is not worth the time away from home.
On another note my boss tries really hard to give me free time. She shares alot of the long hours and knows the importance of family. She does what she can where she can to allow me time at home.
Pros
Boss
Cons
Hours vs. pay
Front desk/Night audit (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 26, 2015
Great working and friendly staff. Credible employees. This hotel shares real estate with Springfield hotel (same management company). Nice to be able to work with two hotels!
I made alot of life long friends while there.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OhioFebruary 25, 2015
Loved working with the long stay guests. Lack of communication from management to hourly help. Newly remodeled. The hardest part of the job was trying to please all of the chiefs at the same time.
Pros
Working with the same residents daily.
Cons
Too many Chiefs, Not enough Indians.
benefits
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 21, 2015
From the room discounts that we get to the great health insurance plans that we are able to take part in its amazing working for this company.
Front Desk
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester MNOctober 29, 2014
Check in and out
Deal with guests
process transactions
pass on pertinent information
Productive and a fun place to work
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Eagle Pass, Tx 78852October 22, 2014
Great place to work, Excellent management. Great co-workers and overall great staff.
Cleaning rooms & keeping guests happy
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 23, 2014
I LOVE WORKING AT THIS HOTEL...
Hospitality has to be one of the hardest jobs ever because you are trying to make sure guests are happy with their stay.
I love my co-workers, from the breakfast person, to housekeepers, to the front desk, to management.
Make sure hair is all picked up, make sure the rooms smells good, and looks great for a guest arrival.
the most thing I loved about my job at that time, was all the people who stayed at our hotel, they rocked...
Pros
the guests. ( Im a people person)
Cons
nothing at all
Hard job, but great coworkers.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOSeptember 10, 2014
Housekeeping is a physically demanding job. And when you have to do a certain amount of work in a set amount of time, it gets really hard. But I loved my coworkers, and management was usually pretty nice.
Pros
Nice environment, good healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TownePlace Suites. Our community is ready to answer.