TownePlace Suites Employee Reviews in United States

reviewed this one already
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 7, 2016
Don't have much to say about this job because I don't want to just be negative. I think that people should decide on their own. Everyone is different and whereas one person may hate the job the next may love it.
Pros
some staff members
Cons
stability
Chief Engineer Colorado Springs CO
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 31, 2015
Runs the full operations of the hotel. In charge of multiple depts. This is a small company. The owners are very involved. The owners are great but the upper management is difficult to deal with. There are two property's total with the company. Both have a hard time keeping personnel. Can be rewarding but also a curse.

Colorado springs
Pros
great people, challenging
Cons
Tough situations, hard to deal with people, Low budget
Nice work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTDecember 4, 2015
A typical day at work was each girl would get there own floor to work on. We would get our carts ready and we would start by stripping the room down taking out all the dirty laundry as in bedding and bathroom towels. Would make the bed, dust, vacuum and clean and stock the bathroom. Really good manager to work for.
Pros
get discounts for rooms
No balance, always at work, never got time with family.
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 8, 2015
I love my job and the people I work with, but I am always at work. I come in when my kids are getting up, and go home when they are going to bed. This hotel needs a babysitter that I cannot be. I have four kids and need to be able to be with them as well. My two youngest are struggling in school, and I am not there to check home work, make sure its returned to school etc. I do not mind long hours, but not having any time at home is taking its toll on my family which is the reason i work to begin with. The money made is not worth the time away from home.
On another note my boss tries really hard to give me free time. She shares alot of the long hours and knows the importance of family. She does what she can where she can to allow me time at home.
Pros
Boss
Cons
Hours vs. pay
Front desk/Night audit (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 26, 2015
Great working and friendly staff. Credible employees. This hotel shares real estate with Springfield hotel (same management company). Nice to be able to work with two hotels!
I made alot of life long friends while there.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OhioFebruary 25, 2015
Loved working with the long stay guests. Lack of communication from management to hourly help. Newly remodeled. The hardest part of the job was trying to please all of the chiefs at the same time.
Pros
working with the same residents daily.
Cons
too many chiefs, not enough indians.
benefits
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 21, 2015
From the room discounts that we get to the great health insurance plans that we are able to take part in its amazing working for this company.
Front Desk
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester MNOctober 29, 2014
Check in and out
Deal with guests
process transactions
pass on pertinent information
Productive and a fun place to work
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Eagle Pass, Tx 78852October 22, 2014
Great place to work, Excellent management. Great co-workers and overall great staff.
Cleaning rooms & keeping guests happy
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 23, 2014
I LOVE WORKING AT THIS HOTEL...
Hospitality has to be one of the hardest jobs ever because you are trying to make sure guests are happy with their stay.
I love my co-workers, from the breakfast person, to housekeepers, to the front desk, to management.
Make sure hair is all picked up, make sure the rooms smells good, and looks great for a guest arrival.
the most thing I loved about my job at that time, was all the people who stayed at our hotel, they rocked...
Pros
the guests. ( im a people person)
Cons
nothing at all
Hard job, but great coworkers.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOSeptember 10, 2014
Housekeeping is a physically demanding job. And when you have to do a certain amount of work in a set amount of time, it gets really hard. But I loved my coworkers, and management was usually pretty nice.
Pros
nice environment, good healthcare
Loved the teamwork
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MISeptember 8, 2014
I loved working for towneplace suites. I wish I could have moved the entire team with me to Georgia.
Worst Employer Ever
Management (Former Employee) –  Northeast IndianaJune 23, 2014
This was by far the worst career experience in my life. The corporate staff did not exhibit any qualities in their missions statement or core values. The corporate staff was not helpful, motivating, constructive, or respectful.
I had issues with staff, which were never backed by my immediate supervisor. Director of Sales had no idea of how to create sales reports or how to go on sales calls, yet had been employed with the company for nearly two years. It was a hostile work environment, and until something is done with the corporate staff, I foresee the company continue with high turnover rates.
Nice change of pace, but lacking leadership
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJune 14, 2014
The summary pretty much says it all. The management company is small with only 3 hotels in their portfolio. Strangely they have a "corporate" HR person who, in my opinion, is unnecessary. That's not to say she doesn't try to help, but I believe that due to the company's size there is not enough work to keep her busy. The guests are primarily LTS and are contractors so keeping the floors clean is a challenge, but other than that the property is in good shape.
Busy Day at work
Guest Service Agent/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 3, 2014
Checking People in keeps you busy you meet all kinds of different people from all around the world. When trying to get coffee made phone ringing and three people are wanting to be checked in at one time can make your eyes cross but its all worth it because you get to tell these people where everything is in your home town all the little things that only locals know about it so worth it.
Pros
half priced rooms and meeting new people
Cons
short breaks
Marriott
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  North Kingstown, RIFebruary 3, 2014
Fun people, good management, learned a lot of customer service skills.
A flexible company
Front desk/guest service (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXJanuary 27, 2014
Towneplace suites is a franchise company that allowed me to balance my hours at work along with time away from work. I learned a lot while working for this company. I learned to check people in and out, make reservations, cancel reservations, answered phone calls, assist guest with their problems that's associated with their problems at the hotel, or personal life i.e finding an apartment/picking areas to live in.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no healthcare/benefits
A fun establishment where you get to see pets!
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORJanuary 22, 2014
I love working at TownePlace. You are definitely part of a big family. They are a great Company to work for, any Marriott is.
Pros
everyone here is great to work with! i love this place!
Cons
winter they cut hours.
Great workplace
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 30, 2013
Respect for the job coach and co-workers, making the beds is easiest thing for me to do and coming to work on a right time.
Pros
lunch break
Cons
mistakes
Great Place to work
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 14, 2013
My day to day work varied because some days I worked in the office. On two days a week I worked in the office doing telemarketing and prospecting. Three days a week I did outside sales. I also managed the revenue, marketing and sales goals. I enjoyed working with my coworkers.
Pros
the pros is that the job is never the same each day.
Cons
you had to manage time very well.