Townsend Tree Service Employee Reviews

A friendly work place
Flagger/Laborer (Former Employee) –  PADecember 7, 2015
I was responsible for directing traffic an communicating with co workers for safety. Everybody was friendly . I had to use common sense an always keep alert.
Pros
Active work enviroment
Cons
being out in the winter months
Great Place to Work
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYNovember 2, 2015
Loved working here for the many years that i did, but mangement always had trouble with time off scheduing , and overall communitaiton with their general foremans.
Pros
Good work enivorment
Cons
Bad upper Mangement
very nice job to have
ground man (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 9, 2015
that job has got to be the best one i;ve ever had. very good and fair people to work for. the pay checks were big. they didn't give you any grief for missing a day. the guys i worked with were all good people. if they were working in this area i definitely would try and get back on.
Pros
good pay, breaks when you needed one.
Cons
had to get up extremely early
bad management
class a trimmer (Current Employee) –  linton indianaOctober 2, 2015
management has an issue with certain people and with others treat them like gods because they are scared of so called employees
Pros
awesome job
Great Place to work
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 12, 2015
I would over see tree crews doing line clearance work on various utilities in SW Indiana. I learned how to manage people,problems,,Computer,bidding,contracts and all other aspects of job.My co-workers were true professionals in the industry.I enjoyed the outdoors & providing a service to the utilities & their customers to provide reliable electric service etc.
Pros
Family oriented business, benefits
good equiment
bucket truck operator formen (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INApril 16, 2015
townsend was a good place to work they were safe as long as everyone followed the rules and guide lines.how to trim trees from power lines management was all good but one person. i liked all my co workers.hardest part of job working in winter.working outside
Real life experiences working around power lines with high voltage
Truck Driver/Groundsman (Former Employee) –  New YorkMarch 25, 2015
To communicate and always be vigilante with all performances while trimmer is trimming away branches. To communicate any and all possible risks or hazards associated with job responsibilities. To make a daily and accurate report to General Foreman throughout the day or at the end of workday. Driving for the company and seeing the reaction of residence or landowners when they see us on worksite performing job duties they needed enlightened the day for us.
Pros
Company Safey Card
Cons
Health coverage plan, no overtime, rainouts did not make ends meet
Bucket and Tractor operator
Bucket Operator and Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCFebruary 24, 2015
From 7 to 530, I would be dropped off at my tractor and I was left to work on my own for 10 hrs a day. I learned alot about the different mechanics of the tractors and trimming machine. I also learned how to work on these machines as well. hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with the weather conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job would have been the work environment.
Pros
Great management
Cons
short breaks, slacking co-workers
enjoy physical labor, hard work is a must, enjoy being outside
Chainsaw Operator (Current Employee) –  Glen Rogers, WVOctober 30, 2014
I like my job but I do worry about the security since I live in a four season state and winter is coming up. I feel that everyone on my team does their fair share. I cannot afford the health insurance due to other obligations.
Pros
I enjoy being outside and getting exercise
Cons
work load depends on the weather and the job is dangerous
Trim tree's get along with Co worker's
Tree Trimmer (Current Employee) –  Fredericktown, MOSeptember 10, 2014
I get along with mostly everyone I do my Best of everything that is asked of Me. I just need this chance to make a better life for my family and I.
Pros
they let you off when you family has an emergency
Cons
We have no health care

Want to know more about Townsend Tree Service?

Ask a question
a new job site every day
A Trimmer/Climber (Former Employee) –  western kyJuly 18, 2014
were out in the countys here in ky. we work to keep power on for the coop customers.its a saticfing job
Pros
meet different people every day
Cons
can be very dangerous
Hard work,fullfilling,outdoors.
Tree Climber (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYOctober 26, 2013
Sometimes difficult working around homes and power lines.Adrineline rush to topple a huge tree while avoiding homes and power lines. I learned a lot about the proper procedures handling chainsaws operating chippers & climbing. It is a good job for someone that enjoys the out doors and doesn't mind hard work. I have always been self motivated and not afraid of hard work.
Pros
Outdoors, exciting, good.
Cons
Problems receiving pay on time.
Fun work to fall in to
trimmer (Former Employee) –  Parker City, INSeptember 13, 2013
Trimmed trees from start to finish, I learnt to climb and trim trees, how to operate bucket truck, and what hard work was really about. The management was great, they got in and donen the work with you if you got behind. Co-workers was okay, they was always trying to start drama with other works. So I tried to stay away from that as much as possible. The hardest part is storm relief, long hours and working weeks straight. I really enjoyed climbing it I a profession I would like to done more of.
Pros
hard work
Cons
co-workers
Job interfeared with home life
formen (Former Employee) –  INSeptember 8, 2013
Work hard and not appreciated for doing a good job. I traveled eight hours to get to work without pay. They didn't give perdium or compensation.
Worked with chain saws cutting right of way from power lines.
worked very hard, and did what I was told (Former Employee) –  contracted by Georgia PowerMarch 17, 2013
Hardest part of job was up in bucket truck cutting limbs away from trees.
We had Friday's off and worked 4 day week.
Pros
carried my lunch
Cons
no retirement
good enviroment good people
Tree Trimmer (Former Employee) –  INSeptember 25, 2012
a typical day started at 7;00 and we would meet get a brief rundown of saftey etc. then head to the job site and get stuff ready and start the dayi learned good saftey ,learned different types of treeys they always got our checks to us on time my co works worked hard and they had good saftey the hardest part of the job was gettin back in the thick brush in the rightaways the most enjoyable thing was being in the out doors
Pros
good lunch breaks etc.
Cons
being around chain saws all day
busy, good constant work .
Groundsman (Current Employee) –  Parker City, INMarch 15, 2012
its a great company to work for, but not a long term career kind of company.
Pros
work outside, steady pace, good hours.
Cons
distant driving, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Townsend Tree Service. Our community is ready to answer.

Townsend Tree Service Reviews by Location