Townsquare Media

Townsquare Media United States Employee Reviews

OK Place to Work
Full-Time Staff Member (Current Employee), Grand Junction, COMarch 12, 2015
Pros: professional work environment.
Cons: no real job security.
If you watch your step and don't make any mistakes that cost the company money, you will probably keep your job. This is not a place where you can goof off an get away with it.
Very progressive with digital advertising and content
VP/General Manager (Former Employee), Duluth, MNFebruary 24, 2015
This company is not afraid to try new initiatives to grow top line revenue.

The media business is ever evolving and Townsquare keeps up.
Decent place to work with very poor pay.
Host (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJanuary 26, 2015
I was on air and production director for this company. The staff and tools to work with where average but the pay was very low and I personally couldn't even keep the job due to low pay.
Great Organization
Key Account Manager (Current Employee), Casper, WYJanuary 21, 2015
Great organization to work for, opportunity for growth limited.
Amazing and Fun Culture to Work!
Sales Intern (Former Employee), Northfield, NJJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: fun promotions!
Cons: none i can think of.
I was only an intern in the Northfield office, but I loved it there. My Co-workers were truly a delight to work with, and the promotions they hold for their clients are so much fun to be a part of- even if you're working!
Very Fun Place to Work
Account Executive (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAJanuary 5, 2015
Very fun and energizing place to work. Managers are great and fun to be around. Very fair and will do what they can to help.
Excellent working environment and they exceed with learning experience.
Media Account Executive - Full time (Current Employee), Presque Isle, MEDecember 22, 2014
I enjoyed working for Townsquare Media on so many levels. It was a very hard decision for me to resign. Sales was by far the most difficult job I have encountered. Although I have many talents and qualities, there were a few missing that are indicative to being a superb salesperson. I have never been one to do a shabby job and without being strong in those specific skills, it was like I was floating along. I desire to excel and I have my own expectations of how I should be doing and by when. This is all my own personal thoughts and none from management. Management actually encouraged me to continue trying as Sales is a very difficult job to learn and is not one that you learn quickly it takes a while. If you are looking for a job in Sales, I would definitely suggest Townsquare Media. They will give you the tools that you need to succeed and they are awesome to work for.
Great place to work, great staff.
Market Manager (Current Employee), Grand Junction, CONovember 13, 2014
Pros: compensation, benefits.
Cons: economy and local talent pool.
Diversified with on air on line and on site. Economy in Grand Junction is suffering woefully.
Horrible moral
Account Executive (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MISeptember 21, 2014
If you had not been there for 8+ years, or had an in with management it they pushed you to the curb. Radio is a great industry but the management was not something to be apart of.
A great place to learn and grow
Radio Personality (Current Employee), Rockford, ILSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: perks like concert tickets, passes, etc
Cons: the commute
I am extremely fortunate to work for Townsquare Media; as a radio personality, I have found that this is the perfect place to learn, grown and perfect your craft. The staff is friendly, supportive and they all have the same goal - to succeed and to see you succeed.
Great People
PROMOTIONS DIRECTOR; CONTROL ROOM OPERATOR (Former Employee), ShreveportAugust 9, 2014
Great People Great work-life balance. Pay could be more but its not bad for the job.
Challenging and fast paced radio/media career
Program Director, Morning Radio Host (Current Employee), Rochester, MNJuly 21, 2014
In today's current state of radio, this career requires quick-thinking for a multi-tasker who is not afraid of working hard, handling obstacles on a daily basis, and always striving to achieve a positive end result.
Great experience
Account Executive - Media Sales (Former Employee), Billings, MTJuly 11, 2014
Townsquare Media has a healthy, fun culture with wonderful sales training. You must be passionate, driven, and self-motivated to survive.
Productive Internship
Intern (Former Employee), Toms River, New JerseyJune 16, 2014
A typical day included, organizing files, calling contestants, using Microsoft Word and Excel, setting up live events and working with talent.
It was a fun experience working in the promotions department with really nice people and a pleasant work environment.
The coolest part of this internship was sitting in on live broadcasts.
Creative and fun environment with opportunities for advancement
Production Assistant (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 28, 2014
Place to get a lot of experience in all facets of the industry
Great resources
Digital Account Executive (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNApril 23, 2014
Pros: nice coworkers
Cons: rigid schedule
TSM provides its employees with a plethora of resources to succed.
Great team with many opportunities
Media Consultant (Former Employee), Flint, MIMarch 25, 2014
Pros: respected team leader
Radio, Events and Digital leader blazing trails for others to follow. I loved being a total resource for my clients with the freedom to do what I do best.
Creative, easygoing atmosphere.
Associate Editor (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 4, 2014
Pros: snacks, working from home.
Cons: long days, a pretty weak sense of workplace community.
Generally the days started by drumming up ideas and figuring out what was hot on the web. I definitely picked up identifying web trends pretty fast, as that was a crucial part of the job, as well as understanding how to manage very large social media accounts. The creative team only came in twice a week, so I'm not best-suited to review actual office dynamics, everyone on the creative team was great.
Not a bad place, depending on the market
Account Executive, Media Sales (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 10, 2014
Plenty of opportunity. Must be a self starter with experience to be successful. Training and support is scarce.
fine
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: typical perks
Cons: typical cons
It's a typical worksite. it's a job like any other. I do not care to be more detailed.

1 2 3