Townsquare Media Employee Reviews in United States

For your sanity and quality of life: STAY AWAY
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COAugust 12, 2016
Working at Townsquare might be a good resume starter for someone who has no experience. Beyond that you take your quality of life into your own hands when you work here. It's not unusual to work seven days a week for weeks at a time (particularly in the summer) without any additional compensation or time off (if you're salaried.) The management at so many levels is just completely clueless it's truly astonishing. The GM in Windsor is a mouth-breathing bully. I've honestly have not seen anything like him in any other industry. He knows it all (just ask him) and any idea not generated by him will not be considered. Which is really amusing because he has only worked in radio and in radio sales. Not marketing. Not audience development. Not management. This is the kind of manager you need to stay away from - a small group of us referred to him as "Old Yeller" because he operates under the delusion that the louder he becomes the more productive his staff will be. While you're at it google client comments and testimonials for Townsquare Interactive. They are essentially robbing companies of their websites if they decide not to continue to have TSI host their site. These were once very good stations. Now the playlist is computer generated based on what the target demographic for the stations enjoys - and you'll hear those songs on a continuous loop throughout the day. These are heavy drinking/partying people who don't care about their clients or the results they've promised but can't deliver. It's the worst kind of company to work for - not that you'll stay long if you're not cut-throat.  more... I can't emphasize enough how much better off you'd be working the window of a fast food drive-thru than Townsquare Media.  less
Pros
Once in a blue moon you can get tickets to a concert or movie the stations receive in trade.
Cons
Just about everything else.
Awesome work environment i love the people i work with
On Air Talent (Current Employee) –  Windsor, COJuly 18, 2016
This is my career and i love what i do on a day to day basis, I went to school for TV production and broadcasting and am hoping to get farther into it as the days go on. and excel in this business as the years go on
Pros
work at own pace
Cons
only part time
Great Place to Work with Great Opportunities
Morning Show Host (Former Employee) –  Owensboro KentuckyJuly 5, 2016
This is a wonderful place to work. They give their employees wonderful opportunities outside of the office and give you the chance to see things you never thought you would. It is a complete blast all the time and there is hardly ever a dull moment.
Pros
Wonderful Opportunities
Cons
Pay, Compensation
Good experiance with employers and good exposure to many different cultures.
Board Operator/Producer (Former Employee) –  Burton, MIJune 24, 2016
I got to work with some really fantastic people and my supervisors were excellent. I was able to do meet and greets with everyone from bands to politicians and actors.
Pros
Worked around my school schedule and a great overall experiance
Cons
Low pay, and not a lot of room for advancement
Very rewarding watching the non traditoinal and traditional terrestial radio platforms unite
Digital Program Director (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 11, 2016
Greatest part is that one never knew what the day was going to hold. Every day was an adventure. Every day I knew that the listening public felt heard and that they had an impact. Worked with very strong, like minded high spirited coworkers.
Pros
All access to a lot of concerts, free lunch, free dinner
Cons
Balance between home and work was difficult
Good Culture
Media and Digital Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 25, 2016
Great Company to work for. Management is fair and very supportive! My manager want me to be successful. He's always available.
Pros
Good Training Progrm
Boring
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTMay 11, 2016
People come in, do their job and leave. Very quiet. No perks. Just not a fun, exciting or memorable place to be for the majority of your awake life.
Radio on air most are very good
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 28, 2016
This company used to be a results oriented company for advertisers. A regional VP was hired from another company who is trying to make his mark in Michigan by shedding sales employees with little to no notice. This southwestern man does not understand when you send new account executives to local business account year after year there is little to no chance of securing new business. Time is needed to establish trust with a new client. If a seasoned sales executive enters this workplace, many of that persons accounts will already be covered and new clients must be procured. At a minimum with a small on air sales list will take 2 years. Not one year as their management believes. The digital products required to be sold are average at best, and the support from Charlotte NC are a joke.
The live events packages are over priced at the local level. The smaller events draw far fewer people than promised and will only get one time buyers.
Pros
on air sales
Cons
digital sales and the new Live event budgets
fun times
Graphic Intern (Former Employee) –  Burton, MIApril 8, 2016
this was a fun job . one of my favorite jobs but the pay wasnt the greatest but the job and network opportunities make it worth it
Great company and a perfect work environment
Morning Show Co-Host/Producer (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 21, 2016
I've worked here since 2010 when I started as an intern. From interning I worked as a promotions assistant and then worked my way to on air. I've worked hard and was surrounded by a supportive network who pushed to see me succeed in this industry.
Pros
Great work environment, concert access, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Budget makes it hard to move up to full time.

Want to know more about Townsquare Media?

Ask a question
Overall Good place to work.
Morning Show Host (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 8, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Townsquare Media. I worked with some great people.and had plenty of time to spend with my kids.My typical day started at 5 am and was over around 2pm.
Pros
Got to spend plenty of time with family
Cons
Focused more on internet posting than good radio
Management not on the Same Page
KAM (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 4, 2016
Unfortunately the local Management never seems to be on the same page, no mentoring, skill sharing or growth initiative.
Fun, easygoing professional workplace.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Northfield, NJJanuary 12, 2016
It was a great place to work. Interns are not paid, but it is a great experience. Very easygoing and welcoming employees.
Lots of turnover lately
On Air Newsman (Current Employee) –  Sedalia MoDecember 30, 2015
With the exception of the Navy the jobs I named went out of business forcing me into the next one, and I enjoyed all of them and functioned well on the job.

Tonsquare Media has not given me a raise in more than two years, and I believe I am worth at least the minimum starting wage your company offers, and I would be an asset to the new store in Sedalia.
Cons
lack of fair compensation
Small but fun workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNOctober 30, 2015
A fun workplace allowing for a creative a unique learning experience. Enjoyable activities and supportive management to assist you achieve your goals.
nice work place
Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDOctober 13, 2015
I loved being there. Took great pride in my work and was told how good of a job I was doing. Wanted to be a full time employee but it was meant to be.
Very Good
Board Operator (Current Employee) –  Brewer, MEOctober 9, 2015
I love working there just looking for more full time work every one there is nice and very helpful. I enjoy coming to work their. I do wish i had more of an chance to move up
Fun work environment with a fun team
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ArkansasJuly 24, 2015
Responsible for selling radio advertising and digital advertising. Preparing customer needs analysis and providing solutions on an individual basis. Creating commercials and schedules per customer specification.
Pros
Fun work environment, high energy atmosphere, attending events
Cons
commissions, no salary
Great place to show my passion and work with others who share it.
Morning Show Host/Imaging Director (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJune 23, 2015
Great Place to Work!!!!

I've worked for Townsquare Media for four years. I've learned a lot from my peers, and have had great success in ratings and listener participation . I learned how to develop and market a live and local morning show, how to be a better team player, and stay humble.

The hardest part about my job was in fact waking up at 3AM. My live and local show began and 5:30, so hard work, discipline, and dedication were all required with this job.
Pros
Working around the music industry, laid back, tons of creativity and innovative ideas.
Cons
Early wake up call, Non-stop work from Sunday night-Friday afternoon
Not just radio
On-Air Personality/Voice Talent (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WAApril 1, 2015
I've had a great time working for Townsquare Media, where it's not just about being on the air. You need to be savvy online, and on the street. It's well balanced.
Pros
Perks of being press, VIP experiences, flexibility.
Cons
Tight scheduling at times.

2.9