Towson University Employee Reviews

Overall great student position
Building manager, Union Information Desk (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 15, 2018
My positions at the Union information desk were flexible and simple. This was a very accommodating job for students of any status or major with decent pay and hours.
Pros
Free food, nice coworkers
Cons
No breaks
A day of work
Assistant Director MFA Studio Arts Art Department (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 5, 2018
Research for jobs, exhibitions, calls for artists, recognition, all in news letters every week.
Teaching Assistant in Printmaking and Sculpture
Organize MFA galleries
Organize exhibitions
Organize office
Send emails
answer the phone
send faxes
Responsible for Hazard and waste MFA department
Good overall place to work
Parking Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDDecember 19, 2017
It was a good overall place to work, The management was good except for the nighttime supervisor that didn't know how to talk to people and degrade you sometimes. Pay was fair and it was kind of fast paced and really needed to pay attention to what you were doing but I would recommend it to someone else
Pros
acrewed annual, sick leave
Cons
short breaks, management had ups and down
Great Place to Work
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDDecember 7, 2017
As a student here and having gone to different universities, the staff at Towson I would rate as very helpful. It's a mid-size university with a very good balance of research opportunities and an ability to develop personal relationships with the faculty and staff. This is a great place to work and to get involved in real research.
CCA at Towson
Community Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 24, 2017
Great starter job, especially when living on campus it gives you a great way to get to know your dorm community and also start living a responsible student - employee lifestyle.
Pros
Homework at the desk
Cons
Sometimes its stressful being an authority figure to friends
Great School
Treasurer of Towson College Republicans Chapter (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 20, 2017
Great School. Helped me get my bachelors Degree. Learned a lot of new things at my studies. Traveled a lot with the golf team as well. In general, it was a great experience.
Great University
Manager (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 13, 2017
Fast-paced, evolving university offers a solid education to thousands of students. Success is due to the dedicated and caring faculty and staff throughout the University.
Pros
Excellent faculty and staff
Excellent work place
Assistant Professor of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 31, 2017
Towson University is one of the best universities in Maryland.
It is characterized by its culturally diverse communities.
The management care much about faculty members and staff.
Pros
Emphasis on cultural diversity
Cons
no cons
energetic
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 29, 2017
busy department. always energetic. multicultural backgrounds of both students and professors was educational and fun. ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Good for a student job
WMJF Television (Towson student run station), (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 26, 2017
Not much else to say about it. Coworkers were great, I learned a lot. It was a student job and it was definitely a great one to have while taking classes.
Great
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 21, 2017
There are many jobs for students at Towson and I have found most people enjoyed their campus job. This job helped me to reinforce my knowledge of chemistry.
Work Experience Varies
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 21, 2017
TU is a big place, it depends on what department you work for how much you will enjoy your job. Overall, a very nice place to work. Solid leave and health benefits.
Nice place to work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 17, 2017
Environment is very comfortable. Professors and students there are pretty nice. Food is delicious and cheap. Location is convenient. Living expense is low.
Pros
Convenient and people are kind
Cons
Less competitive environment
Working as a student
Multimedia Para-professional/Multimedia Manager (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 8, 2017
Working at Towson University is a great experience. Under student employment they work around your school schedule allowing students to go to school full time while still working 25-30 hours a week if they so desire to.

It is a great experience to get into the work field before graduation.
Pros
Laid back, fun, exciting, good people
Cons
No scheduled breaks, lots of tasks
athletics
Athletic facilties (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 29, 2017
I would set up and break down for games for all sports. Watch games to make sure nothing was needed equipment wise. Close the buildings at the end of the day.
Top administrators isn't in touch with lower staff and faculty members
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 25, 2017
High turnover when new Administration comes in. No long term employment from entry level to retirement for most staff employments. No one is hire over the age of 45 years.
Pros
Cons
Administrators dictators
College environment with a corporate attitude.
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 12, 2017
Good place to work, decent wages, and employees seem to care. Management has a very corporate attitude and doesn't always have the employee's best interests in mind.
Pros
Flexible and laid back work environment.
Cons
Management not always on top of things.
Math tutor
Undergraduate Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 11, 2017
I was a math tutor for a semester to make some extra money, but I ended up loving every second of it. Watching my fellow classmates feel more confident in one of my favorite topics made me feel like I did something right.
Can be an interesting place to work
Director, material management (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 7, 2017
Depending on your job, it can be an interesting and fun place to work. I was lucky enough to be in a job that allowed me to interact with many different people across the campus. I was not glued to my desk or even my office or building. Although the university has grown immensely since I started working there, it still maintains a small company feel with opportunity to get together with coworkers. There is also ample training and growth opportunities as well as educational opportunities. It all depends on your level of ambition.
Pros
Benefits, educational and growth opportunities
Cons
A little more corporate than smaller institutions
Towson Summary
Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 2, 2017
The athletes and coaches are great to work with! Administration and Leadership is a different story. Very liberal school and politics play a huge part within athletics. Regardless, still the best place I've coached at.
Pros
Athletes are great to work with, pay and benefits are great, great facilities for the level
Cons
Poor leadership within the department and athletic administration, long hours