Towson University

Towson University Employee Reviews

Overall great work enviorment
Orientation Assistant (Former Employee), Towson, MDAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, Great mangement, work with your Strengths
Cons: N/A
Respect work environment, that often go above and beyond. The management is outstanding, and it push me as a person to do my job well. I would be more then willing to come back.
Decent part-time job for students
Actuarial Exam Preparation Tutor (Former Employee), Towson, MDAugust 24, 2015
Not at all challenging, but the job was good for busy students who wanted an additional source of income. The pay was just enough to help pay for gas and books.
Educational setting
Assistant to the Chief of Police (Former Employee), Towson, MDAugust 20, 2015
Pros: free education
Cons: dislike change
I have learned to work with people of various ethnic backgrounds and working with language barriers. Learned patience!
Really nothing bad to say about the place
Emjoyable and hardworking enviornment
Towson University Building Manager (Former Employee), Towson, MDAugust 11, 2015
Everyone involved in Towson University athletic department is hardworking and willing to grow themselves in the benefit of the improving the university environment. Very positive and upbeat environment.
Team oriented and fast-paced
Student Director Community Ambassador Program (Former Employee), Towson, MDAugust 7, 2015
Very enjoyable work experience which I had as a student at Towson. Gives you ability to meet many people and create lasting connections.
The worst place to work
Bus Operator (Fulltime) (Current Employee), Towson, MDJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Students are great
Cons: Incompetent Management on all levels
Towson parking and transportation is worst place to work incompetent management and supervisors inadequate driver training no maintenance on site for buses check engine and ABS warning lights is the norm there. There is also alot of driver favortizum with scheduling specially morning shift ,overtime preferred drivers drive buses in the summer the rest get there 20 hours a week cleaning buildings, bathrooms anything that they can find basically you work it or go home.
it is a good place to work
Graduate assistant in the computer laboratory (Former Employee), Towson,MDJune 25, 2015
It is very good place to study and work. My supervisor was great. I learned lots there. I would recommend this place to my friends.
Productive and relaxing workplace
Student Secretary (Former Employee), Towson, MDMay 29, 2015
Typically I sit at a desk in the front of the management department where I greet guests, students, and professors, along with answering phone calls. I help students locate their advisors' offices, and run errands for my supervisor to other departments on campus. I work alone, and the job is fairly easy. What I enjoy most is being able to get school work done at my desk when I am not busy.
Great learning environment
Athletic Training Student (Former Employee), Towson, MDMay 27, 2015
I became a great clinician due to the teachings of the preceptors and professors at Towson University. If I had to do it all over again I would choose Towson University again in a heartbeat.
Towson
CCNA Assistant Instructor / Computer technician (Former Employee), Towson MdMay 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Towson education is a wonderful place to work at. Great staff, great environment, great student. Just a great overall place to work at
Towson University is an excellent employer for adjunct professors.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Towson, MDMay 15, 2015
Working and teaching for TU is a pleasure. TU works hard to insure that the programs meet the needs of students. Being on staff as an adjunct professor is a great job for full-time professionals.
I love my job!
GA (Current Employee), Counseling CenterMay 8, 2015
I work in a counseling center, and get to do outreach activities on a college campus. It is an excellent and fun job! I also have the opportunity to do a job in a field that I am passionate about.
review of towson un
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee), football officeMay 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch, use o th ecomputer
Cons: geting to my work space o a collgeg campass
Atypical day would be working with the football staff, I usually learned something about economics or sociology. My main co-worker was as former football player.the job was too much fun to be hard.
Great coworkers and management
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Towson, MDApril 27, 2015
I loved working for Towson University! It was a great environment and a very rewarding position. I worked with prospective students and evaluated applications.
Towson University
Field Placement Supervisor (Former Employee), Towson, MDApril 23, 2015
Pros: Great Work Environment
Cons: Contracted Employee/Contract ended
Towson University was a wonderful place to work. The people were wonderful to work with. I enjoyed working with the students and performing the many duties I held.
Productive and academic work environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Towson, MDApril 10, 2015
Pros: Friendly and respectful atmosphere; new facility
This is a relaxed work atmosphere with an emphasis on education and providing students with quality instruction. I split my time between administrative tasks and helping assist a professor with 3 undergraduate classes. I conduct some basic research for program advancement.
Great benefits, but easy to get stuck in your position
Financial Transaction Coordinator (Current Employee), Towson, MDMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great PTO, tuition remission, SNOW DAYS
Cons: hard to move up
I enjoy working at Towson, but it is so hard to move up. I have been here for 15 years and have only gotten 1 promotion. People get stuck in their ways and don't like to change or learn to do things differently. Some departments have too much drama and I feel like it is high school. I have met some really great people working here, and some are like family to me.
Team-first work enviroment/ Great work area!
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Current Employee), Baltimore MDMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Team first atmosphere
Cons: Lack of community support
The most enjoyable part of the day is teaching the kids the game of basketball and watching them grow into responsible and productive adults.
Good work Environment
Contingent Shuttle Driver (Former Employee), Towson, MDMarch 4, 2015
Pros: good job
Cons: seasonal
Good work practices. Good work environment. Professional atmosphere. Up to date vehicles .Consistent year round work would make this job ideal.
Love the school
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Towson, MDFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great schedule, great peers
Cons: sometimes dealing with upset people
Best place to work were you can meet interested students and families. Very fun work environment, wish I could still be there but moved out of state!