Towson University Employee Reviews

English Langue Center
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 20, 2017
my typical day at work is mostly interacting with international students and helping them in different kind of situations.
The other part of my duty is to do administrative jobs such as data entry, answering emails, phone calls, and helping teachers.
at my workplace, I interact and communicate with the different variety of cultures and languages.
The hardest part of the job is when its close to the new semester starts and we all need to collaborate and make sure everything is organized for students.
Most of what I am doing at the English Language Center is enjoyable for me and I love to work with different people and find out about their language and culture. I always find my job interesting because of the friendly environment between both students and staffs.
Great Place to Work
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 10, 2017
Towson University is a great place to work, it has room for people to grow and learn. The employee's are always willing to help you out and the management team proves you with the skills you need to do your job. Working at Towson is like working with a team of wonderful people everyday.
Great Place to Prepare You For Your Future
Student (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 25, 2017
Towson University has plenty of resources to help you mold yourself into the perfect candidate for your career. Faculty and administration go above and beyond to make sure that you are prepared for anything that comes your way.
productive and fun workplace
Website Developer For Upsilon Pi Epsilon (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDFebruary 18, 2017
Responsible for design, web accessibility, web standards, accessible application development, and accessibility testing. Designed high-impact, user-centered pages that conveyed with company’s brand, and value proposition. Identified and designed solutions to usability problems that were inhibiting users from logging in to the Web site. Participated in how to get started in web design activities that fueled a redesign of the UPE Web site.
Great atmosphere with great leadership
Community Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 19, 2017
Working with Towson's HRL, there is lots of responsibility that comes with the title but there is plenty of leadership and aide to help you along. I work at the CC desk in one of the residence halls and it has a great atmosphere with several CCA's and RA's always bringing a presence.
Student Review
Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 22, 2017
This position was student friendly because it allowed me to work on my own schedule and gain experience. I maintained this position for one semester and was fairly compensated. It was a great position!
Game Days at Towson University
Scoreboard Clock Operator (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDFebruary 13, 2017
Enjoyable Relaxing Experience within a Professional Environment. Persons Seeking a Seasonal/Temporary Position, Towson University is a very good fit for you.
Was Just an Intern Here
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 23, 2017
Had fun working with Dr. Hemm, but he is very disorganized. Do not depend on him to write you a letter of recommendation, fax anything to you, etc. This guy is nice, but he needs supervision at all times in order to get him to do anything.
Towson is a good job to work at but management need to be updated
Pizza Cook (Former Employee) –  2400 Yorkmont RdOctober 18, 2016
I love the job don't get me wrong butt the managers make you feel like you have to walk on eggshells around them like your job is always in Japanese... other than that I enjoyed my four years working at Towson
Productive and Fun Workplace
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 12, 2016
Conducting Java and C++ programming lab sessions for undergraduate students.
• Grading assignments and homework.
• Helping out students in Programming Assignments and Homework, If not sure about how to find the
solution do research and encourage the student to research too.
comfortable work environment
Senior Consultant - PeopleSoft Delivery (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 12, 2016
good environment to work, balanced work workload.

I worked at Towson University as a contractor (6 months)

Flexibility, independence (depending on department), good reputation, nice campus.
Towson University Daily Routine
Technical Operations Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 24, 2016
● Assemble, operate, and break down AV and VTC equipment for campus events
● Work independently as well as supervise teams of three to five technicians
● Simultaneously monitor AV and VTC equipment for multiple events at one time
● Provide training and supervision to new team members
Decent Place to work!
Divisional Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 13, 2016
Working for Towson University was a great experience! It has a "small-town" feel.

Work days were pretty typical, 8-4:30, and the mentality was pretty much that of any state position.

My co-workers were pretty great! I had three different positions: continent worker, student worker, and a full-time state employee, so I got to work with the University President, Vice Presidents, faculty, staff, and students, which is uncommon in most university positions. It's rare, for an institution of this magnitude, to develop relationships with the President, but that was not the case with me.

The hardest part about the job was leaving. Honestly. I grew extremely close to several people and was treated like family, so this would be the hardest and most enjoyable part of the job - the relationships.
Pros
Employee relationships
Cons
State pay structure.
Energetic, forerunner and futuristic place to work
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 8, 2013
Towson University is a leader institution. One that is innovative and fast pace in the world of education.

Typical day at work involves sustaining the needs of the University and future employees. I have learned to multi-task and to respect and support my management. My co-workers are fun, caring and team players. Hardest part of my job is to maintain a high level of production. Certain times of year(fiscal year) can be very demanding but rewarding at the same time. Most enjoyable part of my job is interacting and meeting new people for all cultures and lifestyles.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Not much advancement
A great place to work.
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 19, 2016
My typical day at work comprises of resetting passwords, diagnosing computer viruses, fixing computer viruses, and also setting up lab computers up to the right settings, and also setting up projectors for Professors.
N/a
FLOOR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 28, 2016
Quick pace, a lot of machinery work. Learned to buff floors. Co-workers were friendly and team players. Management miscommunicated often.
Already reviewed
Admissions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 19, 2016
in the previous review i've already stated whats good and whats not. People are great, no weekends and there is always something to do.
Fun college atmosphere - interesting design work!
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 3, 2012
Great people, fun students, interesting design work on a daily basis! Supportive work environment, awesome benefits and work/life balance. Lots of opportunity for cool activities and continuing education.
Pros
extensive paid leave and good medical benefits, laid back work environment for the most part
Cons
shaky job security, budget cutting, frozen cost of living raises, compensation hard to live on, requires additional income, no room for advancement
Fun place to work with potential for some Personal growth
Technical Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 29, 2014
Towson University is a diverse place to work with several places for advancement. It was a great start up job right out of college. I learn a lot about people and how to work well with others. I also learned a lot about selecting and leading teams. Management varied from great employers who were willing to show you the way to individuals who delegate without leadership. It becomes very clear which kind of manager you're working for very quickly. The hardest part of the job was advancing. There are a few places for advancements but there isn't much room for it in this industry. I thoroughly enjoyed my interactions with co-workers and with customers.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, certification classes, very diverse
Cons
not much room for advancement, lackluster management
Great place to work!
Administrative Assistant/Student Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Towson, MarylandMay 13, 2014
Towson University is an exceptional place to work. Not only was I able to hone in on what "I wanted to do when I grew up" but I was able to form great professional relationships. Administrators were always supportive when inquiring about advancement. The University President is a wonderful example of leadership. She is personable and knowledgeable of those working under her leadership. The students are wonderful. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the students and working with one of the best departments and group of people that I've ever worked with. I learned about so many various cultures of students and each one was willing to sit down with me to discuss their individual cultures. I also enjoyed how students would come back to just say hi or get advice on academia or personal endeavors. I appreciated Towson's commitment to help employees reach their ultimate professional best through additional training and workshops of which I participated in as much as possible. My supervisor was also extremely supportive in my educational and professional goals. All in all I had an extremely positive experience working at Towson University.
Pros
Cons
Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Towson University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5