Towson University

Towson University Employee Reviews

it is a good place to work
Graduate assistant in the computer laboratory (Former Employee), Towson,MDJune 25, 2015
It is very good place to study and work. My supervisor was great. I learned lots there. I would recommend this place to my friends.
Productive and relaxing workplace
Student Secretary (Former Employee), Towson, MDMay 29, 2015
Typically I sit at a desk in the front of the management department where I greet guests, students, and professors, along with answering phone calls. I help students locate their advisors' offices, and run errands for my supervisor to other departments on campus. I work alone, and the job is fairly easy. What I enjoy most is being able to get school work done at my desk when I am not busy.
Great learning environment
Athletic Training Student (Former Employee), Towson, MDMay 27, 2015
I became a great clinician due to the teachings of the preceptors and professors at Towson University. If I had to do it all over again I would choose Towson University again in a heartbeat.
Towson
CCNA Assistant Instructor / Computer technician (Former Employee), Towson MdMay 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Towson education is a wonderful place to work at. Great staff, great environment, great student. Just a great overall place to work at
Towson University is an excellent employer for adjunct professors.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Towson, MDMay 15, 2015
Working and teaching for TU is a pleasure. TU works hard to insure that the programs meet the needs of students. Being on staff as an adjunct professor is a great job for full-time professionals.
I love my job!
GA (Current Employee), Counseling CenterMay 8, 2015
I work in a counseling center, and get to do outreach activities on a college campus. It is an excellent and fun job! I also have the opportunity to do a job in a field that I am passionate about.
review of towson un
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee), football officeMay 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch, use o th ecomputer
Cons: geting to my work space o a collgeg campass
Atypical day would be working with the football staff, I usually learned something about economics or sociology. My main co-worker was as former football player.the job was too much fun to be hard.
Great coworkers and management
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Towson, MDApril 27, 2015
I loved working for Towson University! It was a great environment and a very rewarding position. I worked with prospective students and evaluated applications.
Towson University
Field Placement Supervisor (Former Employee), Towson, MDApril 23, 2015
Pros: Great Work Environment
Cons: Contracted Employee/Contract ended
Towson University was a wonderful place to work. The people were wonderful to work with. I enjoyed working with the students and performing the many duties I held.
Productive and academic work environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Towson, MDApril 10, 2015
Pros: Friendly and respectful atmosphere; new facility
This is a relaxed work atmosphere with an emphasis on education and providing students with quality instruction. I split my time between administrative tasks and helping assist a professor with 3 undergraduate classes. I conduct some basic research for program advancement.
Great benefits, but easy to get stuck in your position
Financial Transaction Coordinator (Current Employee), Towson, MDMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great PTO, tuition remission, SNOW DAYS
Cons: hard to move up
I enjoy working at Towson, but it is so hard to move up. I have been here for 15 years and have only gotten 1 promotion. People get stuck in their ways and don't like to change or learn to do things differently. Some departments have too much drama and I feel like it is high school. I have met some really great people working here, and some are like family to me.
Team-first work enviroment/ Great work area!
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Current Employee), Baltimore MDMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Team first atmosphere
Cons: Lack of community support
The most enjoyable part of the day is teaching the kids the game of basketball and watching them grow into responsible and productive adults.
Good work Environment
Contingent Shuttle Driver (Former Employee), Towson, MDMarch 4, 2015
Pros: good job
Cons: seasonal
Good work practices. Good work environment. Professional atmosphere. Up to date vehicles .Consistent year round work would make this job ideal.
Love the school
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Towson, MDFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great schedule, great peers
Cons: sometimes dealing with upset people
Best place to work were you can meet interested students and families. Very fun work environment, wish I could still be there but moved out of state!
Adjunct Instructor of Women's Studies (Former Employee), Towson, MDFebruary 24, 2015
Towson University is a great place to work. The university is very supportive of both its students and faculty. I received my graduate degree from Towson. Three years later, I was able to teach other Towson students as an Instructor.
Research
Lab Research (Former Employee), Towson, MDFebruary 12, 2015
The reaserch mainly focused on identifying small proteins in E. Coli.
It required a lot of critical thinking, especially when the results obtained were not what we were hoping for. The experiments required mainly PCR and DNA purification.
Work/life balance is great
TELECOMMUNICATIONS ANALYST (Current Employee), Towson, MDJanuary 13, 2015
Exempt positions offer ample time-off. Salary is less than average. Advancement potential is seriously limited, no mid-level positions. Management tend to be "lifers" with limited perspective and less than adequate skillsets
I enjoy every much working at Towson University and plan to continue to work at this company
Fincancial Coordinator (Former Employee), Towson, MDJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: winter break and benefits
Cons: money
I am looking for part time in the evenings and weekend only.
I learn very easily and I can multitask. I am very organized and I know how to prioritize my daily work. I work well with others and I am a team player. I am a people person. I enjoy my job and it is a challenge to settle each day each Web Site. I do have experience in cash handling.
Good School
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Towson, Towson UniversitySeptember 29, 2014
Pros: quiet work environment, had access to printers, had access to every technological resource in school.
Cons: dealing with students
At the beginning of the day we would turn on all computers, and write how long the lab would be open for. I learned you gain a lot of from helping people, and people would do anything if you ask them the right way. Our management was excellent we had a great staff coordinator, my coworkers were very quiet and studious . There wasn't really a hard part of the job, because it was a fairly simple job. The most enjoyable part of the job was there was a lot of room for human development.
Microbiology internship
Biological Research Assistant (Former Employee), Towson, MDSeptember 28, 2014
Great place to learn. Did tons of work in the microbio lab doing PCR reactions and running gels. Learned how a typical lab works.

1 2 3 4

About Towson University

Towson University, often referred to as TU or simply Towson for short, is a public university located in Towson in Baltimore County, – Read more

Towson University Salaries