Towson University Employee Reviews

Great University
Manager (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 13, 2017
Fast-paced, evolving university offers a solid education to thousands of students. Success is due to the dedicated and caring faculty and staff throughout the University.
Pros
Excellent faculty and staff
Excellent work place
Assistant Professor of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 31, 2017
Towson University is one of the best universities in Maryland.
It is characterized by its culturally diverse communities.
The management care much about faculty members and staff.
Pros
Emphasis on cultural diversity
Cons
no cons
energetic
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 29, 2017
busy department. always energetic. multicultural backgrounds of both students and professors was educational and fun. ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Good for a student job
WMJF Television (Towson student run station), (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 26, 2017
Not much else to say about it. Coworkers were great, I learned a lot. It was a student job and it was definitely a great one to have while taking classes.
Great
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 21, 2017
There are many jobs for students at Towson and I have found most people enjoyed their campus job. This job helped me to reinforce my knowledge of chemistry.
Work Experience Varies
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 21, 2017
TU is a big place, it depends on what department you work for how much you will enjoy your job. Overall, a very nice place to work. Solid leave and health benefits.
Nice place to work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 17, 2017
Environment is very comfortable. Professors and students there are pretty nice. Food is delicious and cheap. Location is convenient. Living expense is low.
Pros
Convenient and people are kind
Cons
Less competitive environment
Working as a student
Multimedia Para-professional/Multimedia Manager (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 8, 2017
Working at Towson University is a great experience. Under student employment they work around your school schedule allowing students to go to school full time while still working 25-30 hours a week if they so desire to.

It is a great experience to get into the work field before graduation.
Pros
Laid back, fun, exciting, good people
Cons
No scheduled breaks, lots of tasks
athletics
Athletic facilties (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 29, 2017
I would set up and break down for games for all sports. Watch games to make sure nothing was needed equipment wise. Close the buildings at the end of the day.
Top administrators isn't in touch with lower staff and faculty members
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 25, 2017
High turnover when new Administration comes in. No long term employment from entry level to retirement for most staff employments. No one is hire over the age of 45 years.
Pros
Cons
Administrators dictators
College environment with a corporate attitude.
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 12, 2017
Good place to work, decent wages, and employees seem to care. Management has a very corporate attitude and doesn't always have the employee's best interests in mind.
Pros
Flexible and laid back work environment.
Cons
Management not always on top of things.
Math tutor
Undergraduate Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 11, 2017
I was a math tutor for a semester to make some extra money, but I ended up loving every second of it. Watching my fellow classmates feel more confident in one of my favorite topics made me feel like I did something right.
Can be an interesting place to work
Director, material management (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 7, 2017
Depending on your job, it can be an interesting and fun place to work. I was lucky enough to be in a job that allowed me to interact with many different people across the campus. I was not glued to my desk or even my office or building. Although the university has grown immensely since I started working there, it still maintains a small company feel with opportunity to get together with coworkers. There is also ample training and growth opportunities as well as educational opportunities. It all depends on your level of ambition.
Pros
Benefits, educational and growth opportunities
Cons
A little more corporate than smaller institutions
Towson Summary
Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 2, 2017
The athletes and coaches are great to work with! Administration and Leadership is a different story. Very liberal school and politics play a huge part within athletics. Regardless, still the best place I've coached at.
Pros
Athletes are great to work with, pay and benefits are great, great facilities for the level
Cons
Poor leadership within the department and athletic administration, long hours
Good Overall Culture, Underpaid Faculty
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 30, 2017
Towson has a positive culture for its employees; however, the pay for faculty, especially lecturers and adjuncts is deplorable. It is a travesty for recent graduates with no experience to make more in salary than their instructors with advanced degrees and significant experience. Lecturers also do not receive retirement benefits and must pay nearly $400 per calendar year for parking. There are also great differences between schools and departments regarding facilities and workload.
Overall, the community is good for building professional relationships and offering opportunities for skill-building and grants. Positions are not negotiable with regard to salary and benefits.
Pros
Smart and dedicated people work there. .
Cons
Salary is low and benefits are expensive.
Division 1 school has its perks
Student (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 23, 2017
I had a great experience during my time at Towson. Met a lot of good people. The food on campus was not bad at all. I loved how big campus was but it was a love/hate relationship at times.
Nice Campus
Full Time Staffer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 20, 2017
It's an academic institution, so it follows the ethos of those, however the campus is lovely and there are so many great resources available to everyone.
Pros
A lot to do
Cons
Work-life Balance
Nice place to work
Student Facilities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 20, 2017
Superiors are helpful and understanding. Schedules are flexible. Workplace environment is welcoming. Hardest work and biggest projects are handled early in the day so that you either have easy afternoons or the rest of the day off.
Nice on campus opportunities for students
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 20, 2017
Managers on campus allow for very flexible schedules and understand that school comes first. My manger also allowed for student employees to complete homework assignments while on the job, as long as, it did not interfere with my workload. Very relaxed work environment.
Athletics is a Tough Job
Assistant Baseball Coach (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 17, 2017
Athletics is a tough place to be. I do not think it is just Towson, but I do feel there is no loyalty given to people who have dedicated their time, energy and money to the University.