Towson University Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Workplace
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 12, 2016
Conducting Java and C++ programming lab sessions for undergraduate students.
• Grading assignments and homework.
• Helping out students in Programming Assignments and Homework, If not sure about how to find the
solution do research and encourage the student to research too.
Towson University Daily Routine
Technical Operations Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 24, 2016
● Assemble, operate, and break down AV and VTC equipment for campus events
● Work independently as well as supervise teams of three to five technicians
● Simultaneously monitor AV and VTC equipment for multiple events at one time
● Provide training and supervision to new team members
Towson is a good job to work at but management need to be updated
Pizza Cook (Former Employee) –  2400 Yorkmont RdOctober 18, 2016
I love the job don't get me wrong butt the managers make you feel like you have to walk on eggshells around them like your job is always in Japanese... other than that I enjoyed my four years working at Towson
comfortable work environment
Senior Consultant - PeopleSoft Delivery (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 12, 2016
good environment to work, balanced work workload.

I worked at Towson University as a contractor (6 months)

Flexibility, independence (depending on department), good reputation, nice campus.
A great place to work.
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 19, 2016
My typical day at work comprises of resetting passwords, diagnosing computer viruses, fixing computer viruses, and also setting up lab computers up to the right settings, and also setting up projectors for Professors.
Decent Place to work!
Divisional Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 13, 2016
Working for Towson University was a great experience! It has a "small-town" feel.

Work days were pretty typical, 8-4:30, and the mentality was pretty much that of any state position.

My co-workers were pretty great! I had three different positions: continent worker, student worker, and a full-time state employee, so I got to work with the University President, Vice Presidents, faculty, staff, and students, which is uncommon in most university positions. It's rare, for an institution of this magnitude, to develop relationships with the President, but that was not the case with me.

The hardest part about the job was leaving. Honestly. I grew extremely close to several people and was treated like family, so this would be the hardest and most enjoyable part of the job - the relationships.
Pros
Employee relationships
Cons
State pay structure.
Already reviewed
Admissions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 19, 2016
in the previous review i've already stated whats good and whats not. People are great, no weekends and there is always something to do.
Great Supervision
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 23, 2016
Doing research at Towson University in the biology department was a pleasant experience. Although, intimidating at first, my supervisor was patient in teaching me how to do the tasks ahead.
Pros
Great Experiance
Cons
No Pay
productive and fun place
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 14, 2016
I have learned how to be productive, active, organized. I believe i also improved my communication skills since the day i started working here as well as more analytical.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fun and Productive Atmosphere
Alcohol and Drug Peer Educator (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 3, 2016
Worked with a team of peer educators to coordinate and health prevention programs. Educated college students about the after effects of drugs and alcohol. Had the opportunity to meet and develop a lot of friendships with other Towson University students. Great experience!
N/a
FLOOR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 28, 2016
Quick pace, a lot of machinery work. Learned to buff floors. Co-workers were friendly and team players. Management miscommunicated often.
Consistent
Cook 2 (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 12, 2016
Its very steady pace of work , very energetic workers . students are great at the school . Its a great place for a first job .
Great Enviroment
Facilities Management (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 14, 2016
My experience with Management and Staff was great. I Felt I was valued and my work was appreciated. There was also opportunities to move up in my department.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Office Assistant & Student Academic Adviser (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 1, 2015
When I worked here the management was great. I got along with everyone and they trained me well to do my job effectively. I learned quickly and was able to help students and parents with any questions they had about their applications/enrollment. I was still able to pass my classes.
Pros
Good on campus job
Learn a new Language
Ruby on Rails Developer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 22, 2016
I learn a Ruby on rails, It was more like Learning a new Language and developing at the same time. Developing an app on Ruby on rails is a plus for my experience.
The worst place to work
Bus Operator (Fulltime) (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 18, 2015
Towson parking and transportation is worst place to work incompetent management and supervisors inadequate driver training no maintenance on site for buses check engine and ABS warning lights is the norm there. There is also alot of driver favortizum with scheduling specially morning shift ,overtime preferred drivers drive buses in the summer the rest get there 20 hours a week cleaning buildings, bathrooms anything that they can find basically you work it or go home.
Pros
Students are great
Cons
Incompetent Management on all levels
Productive work place
Research Engineer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDDecember 28, 2015
Productive and fun work place, helping students to do a research project, new technology, great co-workers, acquired a lot of new skills
Productive and relaxing workplace
Student Secretary (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 29, 2015
Typically I sit at a desk in the front of the management department where I greet guests, students, and professors, along with answering phone calls. I help students locate their advisors' offices, and run errands for my supervisor to other departments on campus. I work alone, and the job is fairly easy. What I enjoy most is being able to get school work done at my desk when I am not busy.
Great benefits, but easy to get stuck in your position
Financial Transaction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 27, 2015
I enjoy working at Towson, but it is so hard to move up. I have been here for 15 years and have only gotten 1 promotion. People get stuck in their ways and don't like to change or learn to do things differently. Some departments have too much drama and I feel like it is high school. I have met some really great people working here, and some are like family to me.
Pros
Great PTO, tuition remission, SNOW DAYS
Cons
hard to move up
Overall great work enviorment
Orientation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 26, 2015
Respect work environment, that often go above and beyond. The management is outstanding, and it push me as a person to do my job well. I would be more then willing to come back.
Pros
Free Lunch, Great mangement, work with your Strengths
Cons
N/A

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Towson University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5