Towson University

Towson University Employer Reviews

productive
Janitor (Current Employee), Towson, MDMarch 13, 2014
a typical day at towson university is ok. i learned many things how to use different machines. management staff are great. my co-worker know me very well. im very known from my work. there is no hard part.
Fun and Rewarding
Art Gallery Assistant/Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee), Towson, MDFebruary 4, 2014
When you work for Towson University, you are beginning to make memories last fora lifetime. I'm grateful for my former manager Ms. Venetia Zachary who is able to assist select students with Federal Work Study with locating on-campus jobs for the Art Department. With the proper training, being an art gallery guard becomes a rewarding experience. You're – more... able to be a part of the gallery exhibit reception, meet new faces, and learn more about the various cultures that makes Towson University culturally diverse. – less
great nursing school
Group Exercise Supervisor/Instructor (Former Employee), Towson, MDJanuary 17, 2014
Great place to attend nursing school. Teachers were helpful and made a lot of long life friends.
University
Graduate Assistant -- Excel VBA lab teacher (Former Employee), Towson, MDJanuary 15, 2014
Easy job
Low pay
nice people
no other comment
working with student
Large job with many obstacles.
HVAC Supervisor (Current Employee), Towson, MDJanuary 13, 2014
It's a good feeling to be the service contractor and the owner at the same time. However the struggle of the lack of pay and the constant battle of the beauracracy is both frustrating and tiring. I like the single location work day and the sometimes set hours.
Productive and fun place to work
Graduate Assistant, Department of Computer Science (Former Employee), Towson, MDOctober 17, 2013
Towson University, I started working as a graduate assistant and I really enjoyed with students, faculty and staff.
Excellent Academic Professors
Social Psychology Research Assistant (Current Employee), Towson, MDOctober 16, 2013
Pros: excellent education
Cons: never enough parking
Professors are willing to work closely with students. They are highly educated and qualified to teach.
Fun, encouraging workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Towson, MDOctober 11, 2013
My experience at Towson University was phenomenal. I came to Towson from a small town and was very unsure what I could even do with a biology degree. The biology professors there opened my eyes to science and everything you can do with science. I got involved volunteering for a masters thesis project my second semester there. Every Sunday I was getting – more... to go out kayaking on the Susquehanna river and help research an endangered species of turtles. After volunteering for many months, they finally offered me a job which i continued for about 3 years. I also worked in the biology office where I helped the professors and chair of the department with anything they needed. Needless to say, I lived in the biology department during my time at college. The professors there really make you feel like you can do anything. – less
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Towson, MDOctober 9, 2013
I learned to use MS excel the most enjoyable part was working with people
Great work and life balance enviroment
Web and graphic designer (Former Employee), Towson, MDSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: people at towson are great and fun to work on a daily basis.
Cons: no room for career advancement
The atmosphere is somewhere laid back and the volume of work is extensive. The design work has room for creativity, and you have the freedom to come up with your own design suggestions and concepts as long as you follow the branding rules.

Designers also have the opportunity to sit with clients and brainstorm, which helps break the day.
Research and Internship
Research Assistant/coauthor (Former Employee), Towson, MDAugust 1, 2013
The overall experience working at the University as a student was well worth it for the experience alone. The professors are very informative.
Productive fun place to work
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee), Towson, MDJuly 8, 2013
A typical day entailed meeting with instructors to determine the most important concept for the student to learn in my session. After meeting with instructors i would sit down a develop my lesson plan. The lesson plan is designed to piggyback off the materials taught in lecture.
great place to work for
Testing Coordinator (Former Employee), Towson, MDJuly 5, 2013
The testing department was a great department to work for..I learned a lot under their management. I am always willing to learn new skills no matter the difficulties
N/A
Video Editor (Former Employee), 21234June 24, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Learned how to perform under pressure & and deliver work in a timely manner, as coaches needed film edited/cut-up/delivered very timely on a daily basis.
Fun Working Environment
Community Center Assistant (Housing) (Former Employee), Towson, MDJune 11, 2013
Pros: meeting new people and working around my schedule
Cons: n/a
A typical day consist of checking ID's of residents and signing guest in and out using the Residential Computer system. Sign out keys, games, utensils for cooking or baking, and gave information to all guest.
I have learned how to stick to rules and regulations.
Management was efficient and thorough.
Co-workers were easy to get along with and we all – more... helped each other when one needed their shift to be covered.
The hardest part was leaving because I did not want to leave. The only reason i left because I graduated from the University.
The most enjoyable part was meeting new people everyday. – less
Energetic, forerunner and futuristic place to work
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee), Towson, MDJune 8, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: not much advancement
Towson University is a leader institution. One that is innovative and fast pace in the world of education.

Typical day at work involves sustaining the needs of the University and future employees. I have learned to multi-task and to respect and support my management. My co-workers are fun, caring and team players. Hardest part of my job is to maintain – more... a high level of production. Certain times of year(fiscal year) can be very demanding but rewarding at the same time. Most enjoyable part of my job is interacting and meeting new people for all cultures and lifestyles. – less
Live-In Work Experience
Assistant Coordinator (Current Employee), Towson, MDMay 17, 2013
Pros: free housing and meal plan + tuition
Cons: no health benefits
Great way to get into Student Affairs track. I would recommend to any person looking to work in higher education. Requires a person with a very flexible schedule to accommodate the lifestyle of students and their classes including night and weekend events or meetings.

The position paid for my Masters degree and provided free housing. Very supportive – more... staff and managers.

It's tough to have a work / life balance when trying to connect with friends and family with a 9-5 work lifestyle, especially when you have classes in addition to 20-30+ hours work week.

Overall the sacrifice is worth it in the end. – less
just an opportunity, not a job
MOVE-IN CREW (Former Employee), towsonMay 1, 2013
it was a good chance to meet fellow students, although this really was only a two day job.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Towson, MDApril 23, 2013
I worked as a work-study employee. I got to learn about different departments.
Great colleagues to work with.
Associate Professor (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 18, 2013
Pros: work environment
Cons: lack of incentives
I learned how things work in Academia and what students are up to these days. My co-workers could not be better, and thanks to them the job is very enjoyable.
Management and as well as the average student could be better though.

About Towson University

Towson University, often referred to as TU or simply Towson for short, is a public university located in Towson in Baltimore County, – Read more