Towson University Employee Reviews in United States

productive and fun place
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 14, 2016
I have learned how to be productive, active, organized. I believe i also improved my communication skills since the day i started working here as well as more analytical.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great Supervision
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 23, 2016
Doing research at Towson University in the biology department was a pleasant experience. Although, intimidating at first, my supervisor was patient in teaching me how to do the tasks ahead.
Pros
Great Experiance
Cons
No Pay
Decent Place to work!
Divisional Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 13, 2016
Working for Towson University was a great experience! It has a "small-town" feel.

Work days were pretty typical, 8-4:30, and the mentality was pretty much that of any state position.

My co-workers were pretty great! I had three different positions: continent worker, student worker, and a full-time state employee, so I got to work with the University President, Vice Presidents, faculty, staff, and students, which is uncommon in most university positions. It's rare, for an institution of this magnitude, to develop relationships with the President, but that was not the case with me.

The hardest part about the job was leaving. Honestly. I grew extremely close to several people and was treated like family, so this would be the hardest and most enjoyable part of the job - the relationships.
Pros
Employee relationships
Cons
State pay structure.
Consistent
Cook 2 (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 12, 2016
Its very steady pace of work , very energetic workers . students are great at the school . Its a great place for a first job .
N/a
FLOOR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 28, 2016
Quick pace, a lot of machinery work. Learned to buff floors. Co-workers were friendly and team players. Management miscommunicated often.
Great Enviroment
Facilities Management (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 14, 2016
My experience with Management and Staff was great. I Felt I was valued and my work was appreciated. There was also opportunities to move up in my department.
Learn a new Language
Ruby on Rails Developer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 22, 2016
I learn a Ruby on rails, It was more like Learning a new Language and developing at the same time. Developing an app on Ruby on rails is a plus for my experience.
Fun and Productive Atmosphere
Alcohol and Drug Peer Educator (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 3, 2016
Worked with a team of peer educators to coordinate and health prevention programs. Educated college students about the after effects of drugs and alcohol. Had the opportunity to meet and develop a lot of friendships with other Towson University students. Great experience!
Productive work place
Research Engineer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDDecember 28, 2015
Productive and fun work place, helping students to do a research project, new technology, great co-workers, acquired a lot of new skills
The most enjoyable part of the job
Office Assistant & Student Academic Adviser (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 1, 2015
When I worked here the management was great. I got along with everyone and they trained me well to do my job effectively. I learned quickly and was able to help students and parents with any questions they had about their applications/enrollment. I was still able to pass my classes.
Pros
Good on campus job

Want to know more about Towson University?

Ask a question
Helped the math department on various projects.
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 7, 2015
A great learning experience. Expanded on things I learned in the classroom setting and gave me an idea of what a job in the field would be like.
Overall great work enviorment
Orientation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 26, 2015
Respect work environment, that often go above and beyond. The management is outstanding, and it push me as a person to do my job well. I would be more then willing to come back.
Pros
Free Lunch, Great mangement, work with your Strengths
Cons
N/A
Decent part-time job for students
Actuarial Exam Preparation Tutor (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 24, 2015
Not at all challenging, but the job was good for busy students who wanted an additional source of income. The pay was just enough to help pay for gas and books.
Educational setting
Assistant to the Chief of Police (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 20, 2015
I have learned to work with people of various ethnic backgrounds and working with language barriers. Learned patience!
Really nothing bad to say about the place
Pros
free education
Cons
dislike change
Emjoyable and hardworking enviornment
Towson University Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 11, 2015
Everyone involved in Towson University athletic department is hardworking and willing to grow themselves in the benefit of the improving the university environment. Very positive and upbeat environment.
Team oriented and fast-paced
Student Director Community Ambassador Program (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 7, 2015
Very enjoyable work experience which I had as a student at Towson. Gives you ability to meet many people and create lasting connections.
The worst place to work
Bus Operator (Fulltime) (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 18, 2015
Towson parking and transportation is worst place to work incompetent management and supervisors inadequate driver training no maintenance on site for buses check engine and ABS warning lights is the norm there. There is also alot of driver favortizum with scheduling specially morning shift ,overtime preferred drivers drive buses in the summer the rest get there 20 hours a week cleaning buildings, bathrooms anything that they can find basically you work it or go home.
Pros
Students are great
Cons
Incompetent Management on all levels
it is a good place to work
Graduate assistant in the computer laboratory (Former Employee) –  Towson,MDJune 25, 2015
It is very good place to study and work. My supervisor was great. I learned lots there. I would recommend this place to my friends.
Productive and relaxing workplace
Student Secretary (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 29, 2015
Typically I sit at a desk in the front of the management department where I greet guests, students, and professors, along with answering phone calls. I help students locate their advisors' offices, and run errands for my supervisor to other departments on campus. I work alone, and the job is fairly easy. What I enjoy most is being able to get school work done at my desk when I am not busy.
Great learning environment
Athletic Training Student (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 27, 2015
I became a great clinician due to the teachings of the preceptors and professors at Towson University. If I had to do it all over again I would choose Towson University again in a heartbeat.

4.5