Towson University

Towson University United States Employee Reviews

review of towson un
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee), football officeMay 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch, use o th ecomputer
Cons: geting to my work space o a collgeg campass
Atypical day would be working with the football staff, I usually learned something about economics or sociology. My main co-worker was as former football player.the job was too much fun to be hard.
Great coworkers and management
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Towson, MDApril 27, 2015
I loved working for Towson University! It was a great environment and a very rewarding position. I worked with prospective students and evaluated applications.
Towson University
Field Placement Supervisor (Former Employee), Towson, MDApril 23, 2015
Pros: Great Work Environment
Cons: Contracted Employee/Contract ended
Towson University was a wonderful place to work. The people were wonderful to work with. I enjoyed working with the students and performing the many duties I held.
Productive and academic work environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Towson, MDApril 10, 2015
Pros: Friendly and respectful atmosphere; new facility
This is a relaxed work atmosphere with an emphasis on education and providing students with quality instruction. I split my time between administrative tasks and helping assist a professor with 3 undergraduate classes. I conduct some basic research for program advancement.
Great benefits, but easy to get stuck in your position
Financial Transaction Coordinator (Current Employee), Towson, MDMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great PTO, tuition remission, SNOW DAYS
Cons: hard to move up
I enjoy working at Towson, but it is so hard to move up. I have been here for 15 years and have only gotten 1 promotion. People get stuck in their ways and don't like to change or learn to do things differently. Some departments have too much drama and I feel like it is high school. I have met some really great people working here, and some are like family to me.
Team-first work enviroment/ Great work area!
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Current Employee), Baltimore MDMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Team first atmosphere
Cons: Lack of community support
The most enjoyable part of the day is teaching the kids the game of basketball and watching them grow into responsible and productive adults.
Good work Environment
Contingent Shuttle Driver (Former Employee), Towson, MDMarch 4, 2015
Pros: good job
Cons: seasonal
Good work practices. Good work environment. Professional atmosphere. Up to date vehicles .Consistent year round work would make this job ideal.
Love the school
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Towson, MDFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great schedule, great peers
Cons: sometimes dealing with upset people
Best place to work were you can meet interested students and families. Very fun work environment, wish I could still be there but moved out of state!
Adjunct Instructor of Women's Studies (Former Employee), Towson, MDFebruary 24, 2015
Towson University is a great place to work. The university is very supportive of both its students and faculty. I received my graduate degree from Towson. Three years later, I was able to teach other Towson students as an Instructor.
Research
Lab Research (Former Employee), Towson, MDFebruary 12, 2015
The reaserch mainly focused on identifying small proteins in E. Coli.
It required a lot of critical thinking, especially when the results obtained were not what we were hoping for. The experiments required mainly PCR and DNA purification.
Work/life balance is great
TELECOMMUNICATIONS ANALYST (Current Employee), Towson, MDJanuary 13, 2015
Exempt positions offer ample time-off. Salary is less than average. Advancement potential is seriously limited, no mid-level positions. Management tend to be "lifers" with limited perspective and less than adequate skillsets
I enjoy every much working at Towson University and plan to continue to work at this company
Fincancial Coordinator (Former Employee), Towson, MDJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: winter break and benefits
Cons: money
I am looking for part time in the evenings and weekend only.
I learn very easily and I can multitask. I am very organized and I know how to prioritize my daily work. I work well with others and I am a team player. I am a people person. I enjoy my job and it is a challenge to settle each day each Web Site. I do have experience in cash handling.
Good School
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Towson, Towson UniversitySeptember 29, 2014
Pros: quiet work environment, had access to printers, had access to every technological resource in school.
Cons: dealing with students
At the beginning of the day we would turn on all computers, and write how long the lab would be open for. I learned you gain a lot of from helping people, and people would do anything if you ask them the right way. Our management was excellent we had a great staff coordinator, my coworkers were very quiet and studious . There wasn't really a hard part of the job, because it was a fairly simple job. The most enjoyable part of the job was there was a lot of room for human development.
Microbiology internship
Biological Research Assistant (Former Employee), Towson, MDSeptember 28, 2014
Great place to learn. Did tons of work in the microbio lab doing PCR reactions and running gels. Learned how a typical lab works.
Great place to work!
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Towson, MDAugust 29, 2014
Pros: tuition remission
Cons: high cost of parking
Working at a university campus is unique. Faculty and staff seem to stay for years.
Event Management
Senior Event Manager (Current Employee), Towson, MdAugust 24, 2014
As a Senior Event Manager, my job responsibilities include:
Planning, outlining, coordinating, and managing of mid to high level internal and external events. Daily tasks consist of staffing events, crowd control, tech needs, set-up needs, parking needs, writing contracts, working within event budgets, upholding weather protocol and safety procedures for outdoor events, communicating and interacting with our customer/guest, maintaining a high level of guest satisfaction and customer service that ensures repeat business.
Work is not limited to set hours. Hours consist of weekends, evening, and manager on duty shifts.

Previous and current events consist of:
- Summer camps and conferences to include on campus overnight housing
- multi level athletic and non-athletic events in SECU Arena
- University Commencement Ceremonies in both the Spring and Winter Semester - total of 9 per year
- High School Graduations - total of 21 in a 3 week period
- Special Olympics Summer Games and events throughout the year
- Speaker events
- Concerts
Busy, hectic at peak times, pleasant in some departments, learning environment, and cultural diversity.
DEPARTMENT CHAIR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Towson, MDAugust 13, 2014
Pros: great place for someone who loves working with people, a fast pace office
Cons: during peak periods, it is necessary to work overtime some days which can become a 12 hour day.
- Liaison to the Department Chair, scheduled/maintained calendar, assisted the needs of faculty, counseled students on their curriculum, supervised part time secretary and student workers, maintained/collected/processed sensitive records regarding faculty hires and student records. Computed/submitted adjunct faculty payroll, work studies and any independent study courses. Answered/directed phone calls to faculty. Effectively networked with the people throughout the campus expediting the needs of the faculty and students.
- Time management can be challenging during peak times, which requires extra time at the office to meet deadlines.
- Department Chairs change, meaning new bosses could be in place for a while or only two or three years; requiring to learn and work with a new boss frequently. Not all Chairs are pleasant and can be challenging to work along side.
- Faculty are great co-workers and busy people.
- The overtime necessary in peak times during registration period.
- The most enjoyable time in the work place is interacting with the faculty and students.
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Towson, MDAugust 5, 2014
My manager was very flexiable in regrads to job work and balancing your everday life. Cheerful and fun environment to work in. Work was not super tedious as some other postitions can be.
fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 8, 2014
Towson University bookstore mainly hires students, therefore it was a very easy going work place. Everybody is nice, the boss is very understanding. The book store is very flexible with work hours.
Informative and Fun Teaching Assistant position
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Towson, MDJuly 1, 2014
I assisted a professor in teaching an undergraduate Research Methods in Psychology course.

1 2 3

About Towson University

Towson University, often referred to as TU or simply Towson for short, is a public university located in Towson in Baltimore County, – Read more