Busy, hectic at peak times, pleasant in some departments, learning environment, and cultural diversity.
Pros: great place for someone who loves working with people, a fast pace office
Cons: during peak periods, it is necessary to work overtime some days which can become a 12 hour day.
- Liaison to the Department Chair, scheduled/maintained calendar, assisted the needs of faculty, counseled students on their curriculum, supervised part time secretary and student workers, maintained/collected/processed sensitive records regarding faculty hires and student records. Computed/submitted adjunct faculty payroll, work studies and any independent – more... study courses. Answered/directed phone calls to faculty. Effectively networked with the people throughout the campus expediting the needs of the faculty and students.
- Time management can be challenging during peak times, which requires extra time at the office to meet deadlines.
- Department Chairs change, meaning new bosses could be in place for a while or only two or three years; requiring to learn and work with a new boss frequently. Not all Chairs are pleasant and can be challenging to work along side.
- Faculty are great co-workers and busy people.
- The overtime necessary in peak times during registration period.
- The most enjoyable time in the work place is interacting with the faculty and students. – less