Towson University

Towson University Employee Reviews

Learn a new Language
Ruby on Rails Developer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 22, 2016
I learn a Ruby on rails, It was more like Learning a new Language and developing at the same time. Developing an app on Ruby on rails is a plus for my experience.
Fun and Productive Atmosphere
Alcohol and Drug Peer Educator (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 3, 2016
Worked with a team of peer educators to coordinate and health prevention programs. Educated college students about the after effects of drugs and alcohol. Had the opportunity to meet and develop a lot of friendships with other Towson University students. Great experience!
Productive work place
Research Engineer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDDecember 28, 2015
Productive and fun work place, helping students to do a research project, new technology, great co-workers, acquired a lot of new skills
The most enjoyable part of the job
Office Assistant & Student Academic Adviser (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 1, 2015
When I worked here the management was great. I got along with everyone and they trained me well to do my job effectively. I learned quickly and was able to help students and parents with any questions they had about their applications/enrollment. I was still able to pass my classes.
Pros
Good on campus job
Helped the math department on various projects.
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 7, 2015
A great learning experience. Expanded on things I learned in the classroom setting and gave me an idea of what a job in the field would be like.
Overall great work enviorment
Orientation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 26, 2015
Respect work environment, that often go above and beyond. The management is outstanding, and it push me as a person to do my job well. I would be more then willing to come back.
Pros
Free Lunch, Great mangement, work with your Strengths
Cons
N/A
Decent part-time job for students
Actuarial Exam Preparation Tutor (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 24, 2015
Not at all challenging, but the job was good for busy students who wanted an additional source of income. The pay was just enough to help pay for gas and books.
Educational setting
Assistant to the Chief of Police (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 20, 2015
I have learned to work with people of various ethnic backgrounds and working with language barriers. Learned patience!
Really nothing bad to say about the place
Pros
free education
Cons
dislike change
Emjoyable and hardworking enviornment
Towson University Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 11, 2015
Everyone involved in Towson University athletic department is hardworking and willing to grow themselves in the benefit of the improving the university environment. Very positive and upbeat environment.
Team oriented and fast-paced
Student Director Community Ambassador Program (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 7, 2015
Very enjoyable work experience which I had as a student at Towson. Gives you ability to meet many people and create lasting connections.
The worst place to work
Bus Operator (Fulltime) (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 18, 2015
Towson parking and transportation is worst place to work incompetent management and supervisors inadequate driver training no maintenance on site for buses check engine and ABS warning lights is the norm there. There is also alot of driver favortizum with scheduling specially morning shift ,overtime preferred drivers drive buses in the summer the rest get there 20 hours a week cleaning buildings, bathrooms anything that they can find basically you work it or go home.
Pros
Students are great
Cons
Incompetent Management on all levels
it is a good place to work
Graduate assistant in the computer laboratory (Former Employee) –  Towson,MDJune 25, 2015
It is very good place to study and work. My supervisor was great. I learned lots there. I would recommend this place to my friends.
Productive and relaxing workplace
Student Secretary (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 29, 2015
Typically I sit at a desk in the front of the management department where I greet guests, students, and professors, along with answering phone calls. I help students locate their advisors' offices, and run errands for my supervisor to other departments on campus. I work alone, and the job is fairly easy. What I enjoy most is being able to get school work done at my desk when I am not busy.
Great learning environment
Athletic Training Student (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 27, 2015
I became a great clinician due to the teachings of the preceptors and professors at Towson University. If I had to do it all over again I would choose Towson University again in a heartbeat.
Towson
CCNA Assistant Instructor / Computer technician (Former Employee) –  Towson MdMay 20, 2015
Towson education is a wonderful place to work at. Great staff, great environment, great student. Just a great overall place to work at
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Towson University is an excellent employer for adjunct professors.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 15, 2015
Working and teaching for TU is a pleasure. TU works hard to insure that the programs meet the needs of students. Being on staff as an adjunct professor is a great job for full-time professionals.
I love my job!
GA (Current Employee) –  Counseling CenterMay 8, 2015
I work in a counseling center, and get to do outreach activities on a college campus. It is an excellent and fun job! I also have the opportunity to do a job in a field that I am passionate about.
review of towson un
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  football officeMay 4, 2015
Atypical day would be working with the football staff, I usually learned something about economics or sociology. My main co-worker was as former football player.the job was too much fun to be hard.
Pros
free lunch, use o th ecomputer
Cons
geting to my work space o a collgeg campass
Great coworkers and management
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 27, 2015
I loved working for Towson University! It was a great environment and a very rewarding position. I worked with prospective students and evaluated applications.
Towson University
Field Placement Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 23, 2015
Towson University was a wonderful place to work. The people were wonderful to work with. I enjoyed working with the students and performing the many duties I held.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Contracted Employee/Contract ended

4.5