Towson University Employee Reviews in United States

Great Enviroment
Facilities Management (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 14, 2016
My experience with Management and Staff was great. I Felt I was valued and my work was appreciated. There was also opportunities to move up in my department.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Office Assistant & Student Academic Adviser (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 1, 2015
When I worked here the management was great. I got along with everyone and they trained me well to do my job effectively. I learned quickly and was able to help students and parents with any questions they had about their applications/enrollment. I was still able to pass my classes.
Pros
Good on campus job
The worst place to work
Bus Operator (Fulltime) (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 18, 2015
Towson parking and transportation is worst place to work incompetent management and supervisors inadequate driver training no maintenance on site for buses check engine and ABS warning lights is the norm there. There is also alot of driver favortizum with scheduling specially morning shift ,overtime preferred drivers drive buses in the summer the rest get there 20 hours a week cleaning buildings, bathrooms anything that they can find basically you work it or go home.
Pros
Students are great
Cons
Incompetent Management on all levels
Fun and Productive Atmosphere
Alcohol and Drug Peer Educator (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 3, 2016
Worked with a team of peer educators to coordinate and health prevention programs. Educated college students about the after effects of drugs and alcohol. Had the opportunity to meet and develop a lot of friendships with other Towson University students. Great experience!
Overall great work enviorment
Orientation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 26, 2015
Respect work environment, that often go above and beyond. The management is outstanding, and it push me as a person to do my job well. I would be more then willing to come back.
Pros
Free Lunch, Great mangement, work with your Strengths
Cons
N/A
N/a
FLOOR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 28, 2016
Quick pace, a lot of machinery work. Learned to buff floors. Co-workers were friendly and team players. Management miscommunicated often.
Learn a new Language
Ruby on Rails Developer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 22, 2016
I learn a Ruby on rails, It was more like Learning a new Language and developing at the same time. Developing an app on Ruby on rails is a plus for my experience.
Work/life balance is great
TELECOMMUNICATIONS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 13, 2015
Exempt positions offer ample time-off. Salary is less than average. Advancement potential is seriously limited, no mid-level positions. Management tend to be "lifers" with limited perspective and less than adequate skillsets
Productive work place
Research Engineer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDDecember 28, 2015
Productive and fun work place, helping students to do a research project, new technology, great co-workers, acquired a lot of new skills
Productive and relaxing workplace
Student Secretary (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 29, 2015
Typically I sit at a desk in the front of the management department where I greet guests, students, and professors, along with answering phone calls. I help students locate their advisors' offices, and run errands for my supervisor to other departments on campus. I work alone, and the job is fairly easy. What I enjoy most is being able to get school work done at my desk when I am not busy.
Energetic, forerunner and futuristic place to work
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 8, 2013
Towson University is a leader institution. One that is innovative and fast pace in the world of education.

Typical day at work involves sustaining the needs of the University and future employees. I have learned to multi-task and to respect and support my management. My co-workers are fun, caring and team players. Hardest part of my job is to maintain a high level of production. Certain times of year(fiscal year) can be very demanding but rewarding at the same time. Most enjoyable part of my job is interacting and meeting new people for all cultures and lifestyles.
Pros
job security
Cons
not much advancement
Great benefits, but easy to get stuck in your position
Financial Transaction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 27, 2015
I enjoy working at Towson, but it is so hard to move up. I have been here for 15 years and have only gotten 1 promotion. People get stuck in their ways and don't like to change or learn to do things differently. Some departments have too much drama and I feel like it is high school. I have met some really great people working here, and some are like family to me.
Pros
Great PTO, tuition remission, SNOW DAYS
Cons
hard to move up
Fun place to work with potential for some Personal growth
Technical Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 29, 2014
Towson University is a diverse place to work with several places for advancement. It was a great start up job right out of college. I learn a lot about people and how to work well with others. I also learned a lot about selecting and leading teams. Management varied from great employers who were willing to show you the way to individuals who delegate without leadership. It becomes very clear which kind of manager you're working for very quickly. The hardest part of the job was advancing. There are a few places for advancements but there isn't much room for it in this industry. I thoroughly enjoyed my interactions with co-workers and with customers.
Pros
friendly co-workers, certification classes, very diverse
Cons
not much room for advancement, lackluster management
Fun college atmosphere - interesting design work!
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 3, 2012
Great people, fun students, interesting design work on a daily basis! Supportive work environment, awesome benefits and work/life balance. Lots of opportunity for cool activities and continuing education.
Pros
extensive paid leave and good medical benefits, laid back work environment for the most part
Cons
shaky job security, budget cutting, frozen cost of living raises, compensation hard to live on, requires additional income, no room for advancement
Helped the math department on various projects.
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 7, 2015
A great learning experience. Expanded on things I learned in the classroom setting and gave me an idea of what a job in the field would be like.
Decent part-time job for students
Actuarial Exam Preparation Tutor (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 24, 2015
Not at all challenging, but the job was good for busy students who wanted an additional source of income. The pay was just enough to help pay for gas and books.
Productive and academic work environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 10, 2015
This is a relaxed work atmosphere with an emphasis on education and providing students with quality instruction. I split my time between administrative tasks and helping assist a professor with 3 undergraduate classes. I conduct some basic research for program advancement.
Pros
Friendly and respectful atmosphere; new facility
Live-In Work Experience
Assistant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 17, 2013
Great way to get into Student Affairs track. I would recommend to any person looking to work in higher education. Requires a person with a very flexible schedule to accommodate the lifestyle of students and their classes including night and weekend events or meetings.

The position paid for my Masters degree and provided free housing. Very supportive staff and managers.

It's tough to have a work / life balance when trying to connect with friends and family with a 9-5 work lifestyle, especially when you have classes in addition to 20-30+ hours work week.

Overall the sacrifice is worth it in the end.
Pros
free housing and meal plan + tuition
Cons
no health benefits
Emjoyable and hardworking enviornment
Towson University Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 11, 2015
Everyone involved in Towson University athletic department is hardworking and willing to grow themselves in the benefit of the improving the university environment. Very positive and upbeat environment.
Educational setting
Assistant to the Chief of Police (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 20, 2015
I have learned to work with people of various ethnic backgrounds and working with language barriers. Learned patience!
Really nothing bad to say about the place
Pros
free education
Cons
dislike change

4.5