Towson University Employee Reviews in United States

Towson University is an excellent employer for adjunct professors.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 15, 2015
Working and teaching for TU is a pleasure. TU works hard to insure that the programs meet the needs of students. Being on staff as an adjunct professor is a great job for full-time professionals.
I love my job!
GA (Current Employee) –  Counseling CenterMay 8, 2015
I work in a counseling center, and get to do outreach activities on a college campus. It is an excellent and fun job! I also have the opportunity to do a job in a field that I am passionate about.
review of towson un
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  football officeMay 4, 2015
Atypical day would be working with the football staff, I usually learned something about economics or sociology. My main co-worker was as former football player.the job was too much fun to be hard.
Pros
free lunch, use o th ecomputer
Cons
geting to my work space o a collgeg campass
Great coworkers and management
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 27, 2015
I loved working for Towson University! It was a great environment and a very rewarding position. I worked with prospective students and evaluated applications.
Towson University
Field Placement Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 23, 2015
Towson University was a wonderful place to work. The people were wonderful to work with. I enjoyed working with the students and performing the many duties I held.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Contracted Employee/Contract ended
Productive and academic work environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 10, 2015
This is a relaxed work atmosphere with an emphasis on education and providing students with quality instruction. I split my time between administrative tasks and helping assist a professor with 3 undergraduate classes. I conduct some basic research for program advancement.
Pros
Friendly and respectful atmosphere; new facility
Great benefits, but easy to get stuck in your position
Financial Transaction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 27, 2015
I enjoy working at Towson, but it is so hard to move up. I have been here for 15 years and have only gotten 1 promotion. People get stuck in their ways and don't like to change or learn to do things differently. Some departments have too much drama and I feel like it is high school. I have met some really great people working here, and some are like family to me.
Pros
Great PTO, tuition remission, SNOW DAYS
Cons
hard to move up
Team-first work enviroment/ Great work area!
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Baltimore MDMarch 25, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the day is teaching the kids the game of basketball and watching them grow into responsible and productive adults.
Pros
Team first atmosphere
Cons
Lack of community support
Good work Environment
Contingent Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 4, 2015
Good work practices. Good work environment. Professional atmosphere. Up to date vehicles .Consistent year round work would make this job ideal.
Pros
good job
Cons
seasonal
Love the school
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDFebruary 25, 2015
Best place to work were you can meet interested students and families. Very fun work environment, wish I could still be there but moved out of state!
Pros
great schedule, great peers
Cons
sometimes dealing with upset people

Want to know more about Towson University?

Ask a question
Adjunct Instructor of Women's Studies (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDFebruary 24, 2015
Towson University is a great place to work. The university is very supportive of both its students and faculty. I received my graduate degree from Towson. Three years later, I was able to teach other Towson students as an Instructor.
Research
Lab Research (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDFebruary 12, 2015
The reaserch mainly focused on identifying small proteins in E. Coli.
It required a lot of critical thinking, especially when the results obtained were not what we were hoping for. The experiments required mainly PCR and DNA purification.
Work/life balance is great
TELECOMMUNICATIONS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 13, 2015
Exempt positions offer ample time-off. Salary is less than average. Advancement potential is seriously limited, no mid-level positions. Management tend to be "lifers" with limited perspective and less than adequate skillsets
I enjoy every much working at Towson University and plan to continue to work at this company
Fincancial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 1, 2015
I am looking for part time in the evenings and weekend only.
I learn very easily and I can multitask. I am very organized and I know how to prioritize my daily work. I work well with others and I am a team player. I am a people person. I enjoy my job and it is a challenge to settle each day each Web Site. I do have experience in cash handling.
Pros
winter break and benefits
Cons
money
Good School
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, Towson UniversitySeptember 29, 2014
At the beginning of the day we would turn on all computers, and write how long the lab would be open for. I learned you gain a lot of from helping people, and people would do anything if you ask them the right way. Our management was excellent we had a great staff coordinator, my coworkers were very quiet and studious . There wasn't really a hard part of the job, because it was a fairly simple job. The most enjoyable part of the job was there was a lot of room for human development.
Pros
quiet work environment, had access to printers, had access to every technological resource in school.
Cons
dealing with students
Microbiology internship
Biological Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 28, 2014
Great place to learn. Did tons of work in the microbio lab doing PCR reactions and running gels. Learned how a typical lab works.
Great place to work!
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 29, 2014
Working at a university campus is unique. Faculty and staff seem to stay for years.
Pros
tuition remission
Cons
high cost of parking
Event Management
Senior Event Manager (Current Employee) –  Towson, MdAugust 24, 2014
As a Senior Event Manager, my job responsibilities include:
Planning, outlining, coordinating, and managing of mid to high level internal and external events. Daily tasks consist of staffing events, crowd control, tech needs, set-up needs, parking needs, writing contracts, working within event budgets, upholding weather protocol and safety procedures for outdoor events, communicating and interacting with our customer/guest, maintaining a high level of guest satisfaction and customer service that ensures repeat business.
Work is not limited to set hours. Hours consist of weekends, evening, and manager on duty shifts.

Previous and current events consist of:
- Summer camps and conferences to include on campus overnight housing
- multi level athletic and non-athletic events in SECU Arena
- University Commencement Ceremonies in both the Spring and Winter Semester - total of 9 per year
- High School Graduations - total of 21 in a 3 week period
- Special Olympics Summer Games and events throughout the year
- Speaker events
- Concerts
Busy, hectic at peak times, pleasant in some departments, learning environment, and cultural diversity.
DEPARTMENT CHAIR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 13, 2014
- Liaison to the Department Chair, scheduled/maintained calendar, assisted the needs of faculty, counseled students on their curriculum, supervised part time secretary and student workers, maintained/collected/processed sensitive records regarding faculty hires and student records. Computed/submitted adjunct faculty payroll, work studies and any independent study courses. Answered/directed phone calls to faculty. Effectively networked with the people throughout the campus expediting the needs of the faculty and students.
- Time management can be challenging during peak times, which requires extra time at the office to meet deadlines.
- Department Chairs change, meaning new bosses could be in place for a while or only two or three years; requiring to learn and work with a new boss frequently. Not all Chairs are pleasant and can be challenging to work along side.
- Faculty are great co-workers and busy people.
- The overtime necessary in peak times during registration period.
- The most enjoyable time in the work place is interacting with the faculty and students.
Pros
great place for someone who loves working with people, a fast pace office
Cons
during peak periods, it is necessary to work overtime some days which can become a 12 hour day.
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 5, 2014
My manager was very flexiable in regrads to job work and balancing your everday life. Cheerful and fun environment to work in. Work was not super tedious as some other postitions can be.

4.5