As a Senior Event Manager, my job responsibilities include:
Planning, outlining, coordinating, and managing of mid to high level internal and external events. Daily tasks consist of staffing events, crowd control, tech needs, set-up needs, parking needs, writing contracts, working within event budgets, upholding weather protocol and safety procedures for outdoor events, communicating and interacting with our customer/guest, maintaining a high level of guest satisfaction and customer service that ensures repeat business.
Work is not limited to set hours. Hours consist of weekends, evening, and manager on duty shifts.
Previous and current events consist of:
- Summer camps and conferences to include on campus overnight housing
- multi level athletic and non-athletic events in SECU Arena
- University Commencement Ceremonies in both the Spring and Winter Semester - total of 9 per year
- High School Graduations - total of 21 in a 3 week period
- Special Olympics Summer Games and events throughout the year
- Speaker events