Towson University

Towson University Employer Reviews

Office Clerk (Former Employee), Towson, MDOctober 9, 2013
I learned to use MS excel the most enjoyable part was working with people
Enjoyed tutoring student-atheletes
Student-Athlete Tutor (Former Employee), Towson, MDOctober 8, 2013
• Tutored student-athletes on the broad physical processes of Earth including geology, meteorology, climatology, oceanography, etc. along with pre-calculus and various economic courses
• Helped students with organizational skills to enable success in test taking and course completion
Great work and life balance enviroment
Web and graphic designer (Former Employee), Towson, MDSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: people at towson are great and fun to work on a daily basis.
Cons: no room for career advancement
The atmosphere is somewhere laid back and the volume of work is extensive. The design work has room for creativity, and you have the freedom to come up with your own design suggestions and concepts as long as you follow the branding rules.

Designers also have the opportunity to sit with clients and brainstorm, which helps break the day.
Research and Internship
Research Assistant/coauthor (Former Employee), Towson, MDAugust 1, 2013
The overall experience working at the University as a student was well worth it for the experience alone. The professors are very informative.
Productive fun place to work
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee), Towson, MDJuly 8, 2013
A typical day entailed meeting with instructors to determine the most important concept for the student to learn in my session. After meeting with instructors i would sit down a develop my lesson plan. The lesson plan is designed to piggyback off the materials taught in lecture.
great place to work for
Testing Coordinator (Former Employee), Towson, MDJuly 5, 2013
The testing department was a great department to work for..I learned a lot under their management. I am always willing to learn new skills no matter the difficulties
N/A
Video Editor (Former Employee), 21234June 24, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Learned how to perform under pressure & and deliver work in a timely manner, as coaches needed film edited/cut-up/delivered very timely on a daily basis.
Fun Working Environment
Community Center Assistant (Housing) (Former Employee), Towson, MDJune 11, 2013
Pros: meeting new people and working around my schedule
Cons: n/a
A typical day consist of checking ID's of residents and signing guest in and out using the Residential Computer system. Sign out keys, games, utensils for cooking or baking, and gave information to all guest.
I have learned how to stick to rules and regulations.
Management was efficient and thorough.
Co-workers were easy to get along with and we all – more... helped each other when one needed their shift to be covered.
The hardest part was leaving because I did not want to leave. The only reason i left because I graduated from the University.
The most enjoyable part was meeting new people everyday. – less
Energetic, forerunner and futuristic place to work
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee), Towson, MDJune 8, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: not much advancement
Towson University is a leader institution. One that is innovative and fast pace in the world of education.

Typical day at work involves sustaining the needs of the University and future employees. I have learned to multi-task and to respect and support my management. My co-workers are fun, caring and team players. Hardest part of my job is to maintain – more... a high level of production. Certain times of year(fiscal year) can be very demanding but rewarding at the same time. Most enjoyable part of my job is interacting and meeting new people for all cultures and lifestyles. – less
Live-In Work Experience
Assistant Coordinator (Current Employee), Towson, MDMay 17, 2013
Pros: free housing and meal plan + tuition
Cons: no health benefits
Great way to get into Student Affairs track. I would recommend to any person looking to work in higher education. Requires a person with a very flexible schedule to accommodate the lifestyle of students and their classes including night and weekend events or meetings.

The position paid for my Masters degree and provided free housing. Very supportive – more... staff and managers.

It's tough to have a work / life balance when trying to connect with friends and family with a 9-5 work lifestyle, especially when you have classes in addition to 20-30+ hours work week.

Overall the sacrifice is worth it in the end. – less
just an opportunity, not a job
MOVE-IN CREW (Former Employee), towsonMay 1, 2013
it was a good chance to meet fellow students, although this really was only a two day job.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Towson, MDApril 23, 2013
I worked as a work-study employee. I got to learn about different departments.
Great colleagues to work with.
Associate Professor (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 18, 2013
Pros: work environment
Cons: lack of incentives
I learned how things work in Academia and what students are up to these days. My co-workers could not be better, and thanks to them the job is very enjoyable.
Management and as well as the average student could be better though.
Unpaid internship
Intern (Former Employee), Towson, MDMarch 5, 2013
I learned a lot during this internship. But there was never an opportunity to make a career out of it. Coaching positions just dont come around often enough.
i was a media associate
Associate (Former Employee), Towson, MDMarch 4, 2013
Pros: i had a amazing manager
Cons: i wish i could do more work.
I usually had to keep dvd in order, go setup equipment and check out dvd....
Fun and Interesting Work
AAC Business Tutor (Former Employee), Towson, MDFebruary 23, 2013
I had drop in and appointment hours during which I would help groups of students with business and accounting topics.
Lots of opportunities
Challenge Course Facilitator (Former Employee), Towson, MDAugust 3, 2012
Their are a lot of opportunities to work and you are able to easily manage part-time hours to work with your class schedule. You also have a lot of room to work with different programs.
Leadership
House Manager (Former Employee), Towson, MDJuly 30, 2012
You really learn how to take charge and be a leader. The manager gives you ownership of your managed events.
Productive and Fun Workplace !
Sports Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Towson, MDJune 8, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Everyone was nice. Everyone enjoys working there. Everyone works together to ensure they can finish their projects by certain deadlines.
Fun college atmosphere - interesting design work!
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Towson, MDApril 3, 2012
Pros: extensive paid leave and good medical benefits, laid back work environment for the most part
Cons: shaky job security, budget cutting, frozen cost of living raises, compensation hard to live on, requires additional income, no room for advancement
Great people, fun students, interesting design work on a daily basis! Supportive work environment, awesome benefits and work/life balance. Lots of opportunity for cool activities and continuing education.

About Towson University

Towson University, often referred to as TU or simply Towson for short, is a public university located in Towson in Baltimore County, – Read more