Towson University Employee Reviews

Consistent
Cook 2 (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 12, 2016
Its very steady pace of work , very energetic workers . students are great at the school . Its a great place for a first job .
Great Enviroment
Facilities Management (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 14, 2016
My experience with Management and Staff was great. I Felt I was valued and my work was appreciated. There was also opportunities to move up in my department.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Office Assistant & Student Academic Adviser (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 1, 2015
When I worked here the management was great. I got along with everyone and they trained me well to do my job effectively. I learned quickly and was able to help students and parents with any questions they had about their applications/enrollment. I was still able to pass my classes.
Pros
Good on campus job
The worst place to work
Bus Operator (Fulltime) (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 18, 2015
Towson parking and transportation is worst place to work incompetent management and supervisors inadequate driver training no maintenance on site for buses check engine and ABS warning lights is the norm there. There is also alot of driver favortizum with scheduling specially morning shift ,overtime preferred drivers drive buses in the summer the rest get there 20 hours a week cleaning buildings, bathrooms anything that they can find basically you work it or go home.
Pros
Students are great
Cons
Incompetent Management on all levels
Learn a new Language
Ruby on Rails Developer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 22, 2016
I learn a Ruby on rails, It was more like Learning a new Language and developing at the same time. Developing an app on Ruby on rails is a plus for my experience.
Productive and relaxing workplace
Student Secretary (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 29, 2015
Typically I sit at a desk in the front of the management department where I greet guests, students, and professors, along with answering phone calls. I help students locate their advisors' offices, and run errands for my supervisor to other departments on campus. I work alone, and the job is fairly easy. What I enjoy most is being able to get school work done at my desk when I am not busy.
Great benefits, but easy to get stuck in your position
Financial Transaction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 27, 2015
I enjoy working at Towson, but it is so hard to move up. I have been here for 15 years and have only gotten 1 promotion. People get stuck in their ways and don't like to change or learn to do things differently. Some departments have too much drama and I feel like it is high school. I have met some really great people working here, and some are like family to me.
Pros
Great PTO, tuition remission, SNOW DAYS
Cons
hard to move up
Productive work place
Research Engineer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDDecember 28, 2015
Productive and fun work place, helping students to do a research project, new technology, great co-workers, acquired a lot of new skills
I enjoy every much working at Towson University and plan to continue to work at this company
Fincancial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 1, 2015
I am looking for part time in the evenings and weekend only.
I learn very easily and I can multitask. I am very organized and I know how to prioritize my daily work. I work well with others and I am a team player. I am a people person. I enjoy my job and it is a challenge to settle each day each Web Site. I do have experience in cash handling.
Pros
winter break and benefits
Cons
money
Productive and academic work environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 10, 2015
This is a relaxed work atmosphere with an emphasis on education and providing students with quality instruction. I split my time between administrative tasks and helping assist a professor with 3 undergraduate classes. I conduct some basic research for program advancement.
Pros
Friendly and respectful atmosphere; new facility

Want to know more about Towson University?

Ask a question
Good School
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, Towson UniversitySeptember 29, 2014
At the beginning of the day we would turn on all computers, and write how long the lab would be open for. I learned you gain a lot of from helping people, and people would do anything if you ask them the right way. Our management was excellent we had a great staff coordinator, my coworkers were very quiet and studious . There wasn't really a hard part of the job, because it was a fairly simple job. The most enjoyable part of the job was there was a lot of room for human development.
Pros
Quiet work environment, had access to printers, had access to every technological resource in school.
Cons
Dealing with students
Fun and Rewarding
Art Gallery Assistant/Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDFebruary 4, 2014
When you work for Towson University, you are beginning to make memories last fora lifetime. I'm grateful for my former manager Ms. Venetia Zachary who is able to assist select students with Federal Work Study with locating on-campus jobs for the Art Department. With the proper training, being an art gallery guard becomes a rewarding experience. You're able to be a part of the gallery exhibit reception, meet new faces, and learn more about the various cultures that makes Towson University culturally diverse.
Fun college atmosphere - interesting design work!
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 3, 2012
Great people, fun students, interesting design work on a daily basis! Supportive work environment, awesome benefits and work/life balance. Lots of opportunity for cool activities and continuing education.
Pros
extensive paid leave and good medical benefits, laid back work environment for the most part
Cons
shaky job security, budget cutting, frozen cost of living raises, compensation hard to live on, requires additional income, no room for advancement
Fun Working Environment
Community Center Assistant (Housing) (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 11, 2013
A typical day consist of checking ID's of residents and signing guest in and out using the Residential Computer system. Sign out keys, games, utensils for cooking or baking, and gave information to all guest.
I have learned how to stick to rules and regulations.
Management was efficient and thorough.
Co-workers were easy to get along with and we all helped each other when one needed their shift to be covered.
The hardest part was leaving because I did not want to leave. The only reason i left because I graduated from the University.
The most enjoyable part was meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Meeting new people and working around my schedule
Cons
N/A
Live-In Work Experience
Assistant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 17, 2013
Great way to get into Student Affairs track. I would recommend to any person looking to work in higher education. Requires a person with a very flexible schedule to accommodate the lifestyle of students and their classes including night and weekend events or meetings.

The position paid for my Masters degree and provided free housing. Very supportive staff and managers.

It's tough to have a work / life balance when trying to connect with friends and family with a 9-5 work lifestyle, especially when you have classes in addition to 20-30+ hours work week.

Overall the sacrifice is worth it in the end.
Pros
free housing and meal plan + tuition
Cons
no health benefits
Energetic, forerunner and futuristic place to work
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 8, 2013
Towson University is a leader institution. One that is innovative and fast pace in the world of education.

Typical day at work involves sustaining the needs of the University and future employees. I have learned to multi-task and to respect and support my management. My co-workers are fun, caring and team players. Hardest part of my job is to maintain a high level of production. Certain times of year(fiscal year) can be very demanding but rewarding at the same time. Most enjoyable part of my job is interacting and meeting new people for all cultures and lifestyles.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Not much advancement
Great work and life balance enviroment
Web and graphic designer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 4, 2013
The atmosphere is somewhere laid back and the volume of work is extensive. The design work has room for creativity, and you have the freedom to come up with your own design suggestions and concepts as long as you follow the branding rules.

Designers also have the opportunity to sit with clients and brainstorm, which helps break the day.
Pros
People at Towson are great and fun to work on a daily basis.
Cons
No room for career advancement
Overall great work enviorment
Orientation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 26, 2015
Respect work environment, that often go above and beyond. The management is outstanding, and it push me as a person to do my job well. I would be more then willing to come back.
Pros
Free Lunch, Great mangement, work with your Strengths
Cons
N/A
Emjoyable and hardworking enviornment
Towson University Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 11, 2015
Everyone involved in Towson University athletic department is hardworking and willing to grow themselves in the benefit of the improving the university environment. Very positive and upbeat environment.
Fun place to work with potential for some Personal growth
Technical Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 29, 2014
Towson University is a diverse place to work with several places for advancement. It was a great start up job right out of college. I learn a lot about people and how to work well with others. I also learned a lot about selecting and leading teams. Management varied from great employers who were willing to show you the way to individuals who delegate without leadership. It becomes very clear which kind of manager you're working for very quickly. The hardest part of the job was advancing. There are a few places for advancements but there isn't much room for it in this industry. I thoroughly enjoyed my interactions with co-workers and with customers.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, certification classes, very diverse
Cons
not much room for advancement, lackluster management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Towson University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5