TOYOTA BOSHOKU Employee Reviews

Great place to work - Wonderful experience
Program Manager Consultant (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYAugust 15, 2017
Work Day: Busy work day with productive work
Learned about finance and what it would take to do payroll
This is best management team I have ever worked with.
Culture: Friendly and respectful.
Hardest Part: Difficult people which I've dealt with in every workplace.
I enjoyed going to work everyday knowing what the day will look like and what needed to be delivered.
I liked the friendly people, and I was amazed by the Japanese culture and the respect they demonstrated for everyone.
Very fun and outgoing atmosphere
Sheet Metal Welder (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INAugust 4, 2017
Highly recommend this place to anyone that loves a bunch of hours and very funny nice people. Everyone is on thier own robots and everyone is not on top of everyone. Working with Delta S made me realize how one little part of a seat could save a person's life.
Pros
They fed you every month and always had fun contests going
Cons
To short of breaks
Job wise sucks. Pay is great
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Harrodsburg, KYJuly 12, 2017
You are stuck on a line for 12 hours a day in steel toe shoes. It is very hot and humid inside the work place, but if you can deal with it you make great money.
Great Benefits, however poor execution
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Princeton, INJuly 6, 2017
TBIN has the possibility to be a great job. The pay is competitive, especially with the overtime that is required, and the benefits are really great. However, there is a lot of required overtime, with some lines only getting 4 days off in a month. The turnover rate is very high amongst team members and management, and that creates a negative environment to work in.
Pros
pay, and benefits
Cons
turnover and lack of support.
Productive, self starter, new ideas for improvement
Production Control/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mantachie, MSJune 29, 2017
Working at TB was not typical day because you worked with much diversity of peoples and plans.

Learning was a everyday experience especially when you are in control of improvement and safety first.

Management was not typical because they and you could become a worker of the factory to alleviate a problem.

The workplace culture was usually because TB allows you act as a stress relief for yourself and employees.

The hardest part on the job it wasn't any.

The most enjoyable was the exercises for safety and repetition, allowing you to go back home the way you came to work.
Pros
Safety first in food, and workforce.
Cons
Walk to your car, high cost of snacks, low pay that was promise as high.
Good Offers
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, KYJune 25, 2017
Toyota is not a bad place to work for.They offer bonus incentives for attendents quality, safety, work ethics, and etc. I enjoyed working with my fellow co-workers. I have great support in the quality control department. The hardest thing was learning over forty different car bumper's as well as rewarding knowing you can identify that many.
Very Productive
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Mantachie, MSJune 8, 2017
Working for Toyota was a delight. Being able to be apart of manufacturing over 200,000 cars was fun. Great enviroment and working under Standardize Procedures made the job easy and more proficient. Very good enviroment and right vibe. Being timed to make a door every 82 seconds was challenging at first, but after a week or two I was able to make 3 doors in that time with Quality.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short Lunches
A great place to Grow and have your dreamms come true
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mantachie, MS 38855May 21, 2017
I love working for Toyota but my family is 10 hours away and they are getting older. I need to be closer to them. Toyota cares about their employee's they will go the extra mile for you, help you to become great at whatever you set your mind to!!! Toyota is an awesome place to work!!!
Pros
They Care about their emploees
Cons
Breaks are not long enough
Good job
Welder /Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Dorsey, MSApril 30, 2017
Got good benefits and work every day don't have to worry bout being laid off I good for overtime every week good people to work around good staff and good break area
Pros
Always work
Cons
Work over alot
repetitive, good money and long hours
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Bardstown, KYApril 1, 2017
A typical day working at Toyota was doing the same thing for hours at a time and then going home early the next day. I learned how the car doors were made.
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, ILMarch 14, 2017
It was a very nice job with hard working
People. I learned a lot
From working there. Manufacturing is a very easy job if
You learn to like it a lot....
Very stressful, no family time.
Production Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mantachie, MSFebruary 3, 2017
Turn over rate here is very high. Low amount of promoting within, which causes low morale. No respect for team member needs. Handbook is not followed. I have been here over 2 years and 95% of all management is new. From Plant manager, Quality Manager, HR Manager, Production Control Manager, Engineering Manager, Accountant Manager and this patterns continues on and on, a majority of the Assistant Mangers and Specialist also have quit due to overwork, no respect and ect.
Pros
I have a job
Cons
No family time!! 10 To 13 everyday
fun workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INNovember 30, 2016
I really enjoyed my job. I was in the welding department. I learned how to spot weld, which was a great learning experience. Management and Coworkers were great.
Pros
great people
Cons
a lot of the time we went without a day off
Been here about a year...
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Princeton, INOctober 24, 2016
First off, wow, lots of complaints about this job. We have a ton of people that start here that should be making burgers instead. Those people quickly leave and write bad reviews on websites, since they only work 20 hours a week at their new job. It's an easy job, and pays well. Yet, if you have zero work ethic and think that you deserve a paycheck while putting in no effort, then not only should you not work here, but my coworkers and I will make sure you know you should just find somewhere else to be. It's a team oriented job and if you come in here thinking you can just soak up a paycheck and stay all day, you won't last long.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY!

If you have even a small amount of work ethic and want to work for a paycheck, this is one of the top 3 jobs in the tristate area. Easy, high pay, and great benefits. I have worked a lot of jobs and this is one to keep.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, a ton of breaks, ergonomically helpful.
Cons
It's a real job.
Sucks
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALOctober 20, 2016
This jobs is ok in some ways but they do not hire you on and management sucks all they care about is doors being built you hardly work a full 8hr day. The plant manager knows absolutely nothing about the job & I hear they only have a year left to be open
work expierence
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INOctober 10, 2016
overall the job sucked they expected you to perform the duties of 3 men and if you are on your death bed they would still call and ask if you could come intoo work.
Fast pace environment. The Japanese culture is also very interesting.
Team Leader for Production Control (Current Employee) –  Mantachie, MSSeptember 27, 2016
It is fast pace. Teamwork is required. It's a good place to work if you have a family to provide for. If you work night shift sometimes it may seem as if you never see your family because you are sleep half of the day. Management team works together to help team members on the floor. Toyota Boshoku is like a family and I love it.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Short breaks. Lunch only 45 mins. Some departments take too long to hire in
Productive and fun workplace
Leather Wrapping- Door Assembler (Current Employee) –  Mantachie, MSAugust 13, 2016
A typical day at work is overall tiring.The company is a greatt place to work, because there is always room for improvement.
Pros
Always room for improvement
Cons
short breaks
Seems like a nice place at first.
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mantachie, MSAugust 11, 2016
If you are on 2nd shift there is no communication, no training, and too many 1st shift specialists pretending to be managers. Don't expect to see your family much if you are on 2nd shift. Anything that you may need on 2nd shift that will cause 1st shift any inconvenience will not happen. Pay is not very good considering the extra hours you work without compensation. You will be required to perform unrelated job duties that don't fit your position with no training. As an IT specialist I was doing 10% IT related work and 90% janitorial/drudge/etcetera related work. At the interview I was told that the IT department had over 50 years of combined experience that they would share. After working there for over a year, I received no help or training from my department, and usually the manager would get upset whenever I asked for any type of job related training. If you don't want to be ostracized by your own department, I would not recommend taking an IT related job at this facility.
Pros
Most people are amiable.
Cons
Second shift is totally disregarded.
continuously busy
Quality Control Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Dorsey, MSJune 28, 2016
there were some bad days where the work was hard and very long and some days was work was easy and laid back. my crew grew to be like family and it made the job a lot easier no matter the task. i would return if i could.
Pros
ower knew ever one by first name and worked along side us laborers
Cons
no benefits.