TOYOTA BOSHOKU Employee Reviews

Factory Work. Drama, No social life, Terrible Management
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Bardstown, KYJune 1, 2016
This Was the worst job that i have had to date. At first when i was still temporary through Integrity First, it wasn't so bad. I got used to doing the same thing over and over and over every single day. I was making decent money and that was all that mattered. Then once i got hired on full time it was almost as if the management team would see just how far they could push everyone before they would quit. If you don't want a social life, and you want 20 japanese people watching your every move for 3-4 hours a day without being allowed to talk to your co-workers and management constantly bothering you, then this is the job for you. Otherwise don't waste your time at this terrible place.
Pros
14.25 an hour and benifits
Cons
Terrible Management, no social life, drama, never know what time your going home.
Been here about a year...
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Princeton, INOctober 24, 2016
First off, wow, lots of complaints about this job. We have a ton of people that start here that should be making burgers instead. Those people quickly leave and write bad reviews on websites, since they only work 20 hours a week at their new job. It's an easy job, and pays well. Yet, if you have zero work ethic and think that you deserve a paycheck while putting in no effort, then not only should you not work here, but my coworkers and I will make sure you know you should just find somewhere else to be. It's a team oriented job and if you come in here thinking you can just soak up a paycheck and stay all day, you won't last long.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY!

If you have even a small amount of work ethic and want to work for a paycheck, this is one of the top 3 jobs in the tristate area. Easy, high pay, and great benefits. I have worked a lot of jobs and this is one to keep.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, a ton of breaks, ergonomically helpful.
Cons
It's a real job.
Seems like a nice place at first.
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mantachie, MSAugust 11, 2016
If you are on 2nd shift there is no communication, no training, and too many 1st shift specialists pretending to be managers. Don't expect to see your family much if you are on 2nd shift. Anything that you may need on 2nd shift that will cause 1st shift any inconvenience will not happen. Pay is not very good considering the extra hours you work without compensation. You will be required to perform unrelated job duties that don't fit your position with no training. As an IT specialist I was doing 10% IT related work and 90% janitorial/drudge/etcetera related work. At the interview I was told that the IT department had over 50 years of combined experience that they would share. After working there for over a year, I received no help or training from my department, and usually the manager would get upset whenever I asked for any type of job related training. If you don't want to be ostracized by your own department, I would not recommend taking an IT related job at this facility.
Pros
Most people are amiable.
Cons
Second shift is totally disregarded.
Fast pace environment. The Japanese culture is also very interesting.
Team Leader for Production Control (Current Employee) –  Mantachie, MSSeptember 27, 2016
It is fast pace. Teamwork is required. It's a good place to work if you have a family to provide for. If you work night shift sometimes it may seem as if you never see your family because you are sleep half of the day. Management team works together to help team members on the floor. Toyota Boshoku is like a family and I love it.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Short breaks. Lunch only 45 mins. Some departments take too long to hire in
Sucks
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALOctober 20, 2016
This jobs is ok in some ways but they do not hire you on and management sucks all they care about is doors being built you hardly work a full 8hr day. The plant manager knows absolutely nothing about the job & I hear they only have a year left to be open
continuously busy
Quality Control Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Dorsey, MSJune 28, 2016
there were some bad days where the work was hard and very long and some days was work was easy and laid back. my crew grew to be like family and it made the job a lot easier no matter the task. i would return if i could.
Pros
ower knew ever one by first name and worked along side us laborers
Cons
no benefits.
Ok place to work if you are comfortable where you are at in life.
Production Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mantachie, MSMarch 20, 2016
Its a ok place to work but with the current way things are managed there is more than enough room for growth. A typical day start at 8am, you do your warm up excerise check emails, unplanned meetings, walk the production for, count your inventory everyday on your own, input the information in one system, then input the same information in another system etc etc. There is a lot of repetitive work that can be eliminate by a better system
Pros
Pay and hours are ok
Cons
No overtime pay for entry level or mid level employees, No flexiblity for salary employee with work schedule, There is no teamwork between the departments
Excellent people and products
Vice President, Sales (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYJune 6, 2016
Toyota Boshoku is a great company, part of the Toyota Motor family. The work pace is fast and very energetic. The culture is very international with interaction with global teams focused on the development and launch of interior products.
Great job security
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Harrodsburg, KYJanuary 26, 2016
It was a great place to work. Coworkers and management were easy to communicate with. The health benefits were really nice. For everything we did we got rewarded. I can't complain about anything for the company.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
NA
Productive and fun workplace
Leather Wrapping- Door Assembler (Current Employee) –  Mantachie, MSAugust 13, 2016
A typical day at work is overall tiring.The company is a greatt place to work, because there is always room for improvement.
Pros
Always room for improvement
Cons
short breaks
work expierence
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INOctober 10, 2016
overall the job sucked they expected you to perform the duties of 3 men and if you are on your death bed they would still call and ask if you could come intoo work.
Okay
Team member (Current Employee) –  Princeton, INMay 5, 2016
I worked there for awhile when I was a teen. The management wasn't bad. The pay was okay. The job could have been better overall
It was a very positive place. I loved it
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSFebruary 18, 2014
It's an overnight position so I didn't have all the time in the world to do things at night, but it was alright for the time I was there. I learned how to weld and plasma cut while I was there, also computer skills improved and my knowledge of manufacturing. The management lacked a little, but I believe they just didn't have the the right people in the right positions. It is a very neat plant; ran very efficiently . My co-workers were supportive with positive attitudes about the job. Since I pick on things very easily it wasn't hard for me to learn the ins and outs of my job, so it all became very easy for so when problems arose I could execute a resolution very quickly. I many enjoyed the level of upper management exposure I got. My judgement/opinion was held with such high esteem which i loved. it made me feel important to the plant. That's why I seek management opportunities in companies so I can give another individual that praise that I received before.
Pros
Positve work environment/Pay/Benefits
Cons
Overnight
Production long hours no training hostile work enviroment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INSeptember 15, 2015
I work for them for 6 years as a team leader no help from management on problems little to no training for new employees forced to work injured president deemed when and if you were able to see doctor
Cons
Short breaks long hours
Not a good company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Princeton, INNovember 13, 2015
There is no balance for work and home life. The company is always short employees. The company doesn't run the company fair and consistantly.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
don't fallow the codes they teach, dont care about their employees
hard work but i enjoyed my job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  INSeptember 16, 2015
Very hard work. Long hours and I didn't see my family that much. You don't get weekends off but the money was worth it. Its not all about the money but when your at a plant with no outside source, family an money is all you can think about.
Upper Management turn over to often
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  MississippiOctober 17, 2015
Would not recommend to any one to waste there time and effort with the unstable upper management. To many different agendas
Pros
Team members out on the floor
Cons
Work more hours and make less pay then the team members on the floor
unorganized with to many bosses trying to make decisions
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INAugust 26, 2015
unorganized no one has a clue whats going on because the communication from management is very poor.

Some co-workers are rude and need to be controlled better. They think because they have worked at the company for so long they can just do what they want.
Cons
employees, shorting breaks, No familly life
There is an opportunity for advancement with this company
Team Leader/Supervisor/Welder (Current Employee) –  Princeton, INAugust 15, 2014
*A typical work day is 12-13 hours.
*I have perfected my management skills and have learned many standardized work processes.
*Management is not family or team oriented.
*The co-workers are hardworking and get the job done!
*The hardest part of the job is working 6:00 p.m. - 6:30 a.m. This shift prevents me from spending time with my family.
*The most enjoyable part of the job are the presentations that I have done for Toyota owner Dr. Sakikchi Toyoda. My presentations led to an increase in business and led to my being promoted.
Pros
There is ample opportunity for growth.
Cons
The night shift is an overnight shift which prevents me from spending quality time with my family.
great place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INJanuary 13, 2016
Liked working for TBIN, co-workers easy to get along with, supervisors are easy going and will train you well. Fast paced work and possible long hrs.

2.7