Toyota Motor Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Fun place to work.
Quality Control - Inspection Operation (Former Employee), Georgetown, Ky.July 5, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: Put in a lot hours.
Enjoyed my 25 years with this employer. Very professional professional organization. Taught me good life principles. Taught me how to be more structured. Lots of life training tools were taught while working for this company.
Great, fun responsible place to work
Auto Worker (Former Employee), Georgetown, KYJune 15, 2015
Pros: on site medical clinic, gym, credit union and daycare
Cons: This job is production and will eventually take a toll on your body.
I enjoyed my time working in this plant. Co-workers were fantastic, always willing to teach and help. Management is very knowable and they look out for their employees.
No Response.
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), Princeton, INJune 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits are okay.
Cons: Would rather not respond.
I worked very hard both at work and with others at Toyota. I worked Approximately 60 hours per week and was glad for the overtime. Otherwise, I would rather not respond at this time.
Productive and demanding
Team Member (Former Employee), Georgetown, KYJune 10, 2015
Fast paced production job. This job will teach you time management. Time management of home life and work life when the overtime hits.
decent
Skilled Maintenance Apprentice (Former Employee), Buffalo, WVJune 2, 2015
toyota is a very good job to have in the area, however you may have to be contracted for 6 years and have no benefits, the lack of respect for employees needs are sad
o Paint Shop Team Leader (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: Benifits
Cons: Rotation
I have to be honest Toyota is a GREAT place to work. Management is great and the team members are Awesome. I have learned so much here but the best thing I have learned is how to be a leader. The hardest – more... part of my job is the rotation every 2 weeks. I am a father to 2 boys and don't really have that time to be a father with my schedule. The most rewarding would have to be communicating with all different people and all different personality's on a daily basis. – less
Very diverse and exciting
Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Georgetown, KYMay 13, 2015
A typical day at work started at 6:30 AM sharp. Regular morning start-ups checks, checking emails, and planning out events and arranging meetings. I learned the importance of communication, team-work, – more... and organization. The management was arranged; General Manager, Assistant Manager, Specialist, then me (Intern). I worked with a group of 4 specialist and we got along just fine and helped each other even thought someone might have been busy. The hardest part of the job was going around the HUGE PLANT and understanding these big - difficult machines that I have never seen before. However, I was able to gradually learn more about different processes and was able to give input and contribute to the team quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job has to be the meetings throughout the day and talking with team members to come up with solutions to problems. – less
Good job security
Skilled maintenance (Current Employee), Buffalo, WVApril 27, 2015
Not bad place to work. Job has good pay and benefits. All the over time you want. Don't expect to have a life outside of work though.
Very professional company
Shipping Specialist/PC Group Leader/PC Pilot GL (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 8, 2015
Pros: Culture
Cons: 2 week rotating shifts without a Sunday night start up
TOYOTA is a class A act that starts with the President and goes to the team members that builds quality engines every day of the year!
Learned more at TMM than any school could teach
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), Georgetown, KYMarch 25, 2015
Working at TMMK was both financially and personally rewarding. Everything I learned about Human Resources, Management, and Manufacturing I learned from there.

Especially in the early years (1989 - 2001), the morale and ethos of the workforce, from top to bottom, was beyond reproach.
Be true to God and yourself ,and GOD will Bless you in your work.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Georgetown, KYFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: if you need a few more hours of overtime, they try to find odd jobs for you to do.
Cons: health care cost more almost every year. the pride of working there is disappearing, its more like a prison, than a place to work, to provide a future for your family.
My co-workers are the best part of the job.We come together to accomplish anything we set our minds to.We care for one another as a family. The hard part is when you have four different Groupleaders in – more... ayears time. It is diffacult to know which ends up sometimes. We have two types of management,those that know how and those that only bully. What I have learned here at Toyota is that you should always write everything down that happens on adaily bases.This is to cover your backside,if needed.The thing to remember is that,GOD looks at your heart, nomatter how your company tries to paint your picture. Be true to GOD and yourself – less
Best autoplant workers in the world
Automation Specialist (Former Employee), Georgetown, KYFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: challenging
Cons: sometimes alot of overtime
The single best decision I ever made as an Controls engineer was to work at Toyota motor Mfg in Georgetown Ky. It will give you great satisfaction, good pay, and all around great people, from the Nachi robot guy!
Active work place
Intern (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: pay out
Cons: short break
a typical day at work was to clock in at 6 am go to my station I am Assigned to in maintenance. clock out at 3 pm and then do the same the next week but in a different station. Thee are 7 different stations at Toyota
Very nice with pool tables and also ping pong tables
Group Leader/Manager (Former Employee), Georgetown KY USAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: 2 times of shutdown yearly
Cons: working mandatory overtime on weekly basis sometimes.
Toyota Motor MFG in George town KY was a very nice and promising place to work for, i start the day with going to the Toyota GYM and then go to work, start checking the assembly line for any faults and – more... then we work for 8 hours, we play pool and or ping pong at lunch , also we have a safety meeting where we share some safetry tips on daily basis, my coworkers were very good and we did get along very well, what i loved about Toyota is the great care for employees, and teh hardest part was working mandatory overtime on weekly basis sometimes. – less
A great place to work
Team Member (Former Employee), Georgetown, KYJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: over time
A typical day would be 8 to 9 hours a day. I learned how to make a well built car. The management at Toyota was always willing to listen to you. The hardest part of the job was learning how to do the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming to work each day.
Great Stability
Team Member (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 28, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: work/life balance
Only issue was work/life balance.
We rotated every 2 weeks, days to nights, nights to days.
Along with rotation, we worked 11 hours shifts, max OT.
I loved the OT, but could not handle the rotating schedule anymore after 5 years.
Nice place to work
Team Leader-Machining Line (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALNovember 17, 2014
Managment not so good about listening to employee issues. Good job, safe environment, good people. The benefits here are second to none. Mostly dispointed with rotating shifts. Stay tired all the time, not worth the rick to your health.
Worst place i ever worked
Team Member (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 19, 2014
Cons: everything
the old saying if you love your job youll never work a day in your life, its the complete opposite here, worst environment ive experienced
This a awesome company.
Production Group Leader (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 11, 2014
This is an awesome company with very good employees and management. I really enjoyed working for this company.
good pay
Assembly Production Worker (Current Employee), Georgetown, KYOctober 3, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: short breaks, you never know when you are going to get off
Management was not really helpful but there was plenty of managers around. If you get hired in assembly I would suggest you start looking for another job. The chance to move out of assembly is slim to none.