Toyota Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun playing corn hole
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 26, 2016
Toyota is a great place to work the management there are every understand the co-workers are really good people. The hardest past was learning three machines in less then four hours and the most enjoyable part of the job is playing corn hole with some of the co-workers so in all Toyota is a good job and a great investment.
Pros
There every understanding
Cons
Short break
It was a good
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  San Fliepe TxJuly 16, 2016
I worked there a few months out of high school. It was a good job while it lasted but I was looking to grow in the company and the opportunity just wasn't there.
gret place to work
Wendys- cashier, cook, drive through presenter (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJuly 12, 2016
great place to work long hours fun crew never any drama always time to learn new things. the leadership was great always willing to teach an give opportunity to teach others raises every 30 days
Pros
free lunch
Cons
very hot
Good place to work. Most of the people in management are approachable and willing to listen and accept changes.
United Talent Contractor (Current Employee) –  United, WVJuly 11, 2016
My typical day was to insure that all of my group leaders were informed of any ongoing issues and that they had what they needed to perform their duties. I assisted and coached them through daily issues and problem solving techniques. I handled any HR issues that might arise and worked to keep my employees safe and productive. I became skilled in the Toyota Production System and learned more about leadership.
I generally had good, supportive management that was open minded about change.
My co-workers were mostly positive and easy to get along with. We shared ideas and helped each other out when needed.
No part of the job was exceptionally difficult. Some coaching took more time and effort than others. Dispensing corrective action was never easy, but was necessary.
Working with the people that I got to know there. From the floor to the top.
Pros
Good pay and perks
Cons
Living away from home
stressful
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 10, 2016
The job could a little stressful especially if you wanna to meet company expectaions and sales goals. Compensation is competitive.
Good ol' Toyota
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 9, 2016
I worked at Toyota for about 7 years. It's changing, and mostly not for the better. Toyota was kinda like working in a government job/old boys club. Promotions were few and far between, and mostly based on seniority or politics. It was rare that the right people got the bump up. Plus there is a bias towards people that come from the field offices (which is kinda like the military - you do as you're told, move around a lot, and eventually get promoted). Management is clueless and put in positions where they have no experience, so a lot of departments are faced with having no guidance or direction. This causes confusion and in-fighting.
However, Toyota always had a level of respect for their people that made it a nice place to work. People would stay a long time, so you all had to get along. Benefits were good, and they were starting to get more progressive in terms of dress, etc.
The changes as they are moving to Texas see some of this changing. It's all about money now, and respect for people has gone out the window. New hires getting promoted above seasoned associates as they are cheaper. Associates being lied to about what is going on - there is no transparency, etc.
Bottom line, Toyota is changing, but probably still a little above average place to work, although it has gone down hill. Good products.
Pros
Benefits, some departments have work life balance
Cons
Lack of transparency, upper management is poor
Culture needs work
Production Engineering co-op (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJuly 6, 2016
I realize it's a Japanese company, but the culture needs work. There are "unspoken" expectations to work yourself to death in some groups. I worked with great people, but by the end of my co-op term it was hard to have a ton of respect for the company and the culture, as it was unnecessarily stressful. Everyone is jsut trying to impress their boss and I witness people being thrown under the bus more than once. There is an uncomfortable relationship between production and engineering and management and no matter what you do somebody normally ends up mad. Engineers are wasted doing paperwork, and money is wasted by usually finding the temporary fix rather than spending for the long-term solution. People care way more about how a presentation is prepared than the actual content sometimes.
Pros
Great resume item. Fast paced.
Cons
Long hours, unnecessary stress, company-inflicted red tape
A great place to work
Supply Chain Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 5, 2016
Toyota has a great culture . People respect each other and there are a lot of team work involved. The emphasis is on team work and continues improvement, so everyday is a learning process and a step closer to having a more efficient process.
deliver parts for Toyota
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 5, 2016
great people to work for. just need more hours. Get along with everyone.Enjoy delivering parts to places In Indiana and IL. Enjoy meeting people in the repair shops where I deliver parts.
Pros
like my job
Cons
not getting enough hours
Great company
District Service & Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 1, 2016
Great benefits and ability to move up within the company. Must be willing to travel a lot. Hardest part of the job is living out of a hotel Monday-Friday.
Pros
Promotion opportunities
Cons
Travel 90%
Great place to work, but very hard to balance work/life
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 28, 2016
At the Job I learned a lot about Quality Inspection, Team Work. Management was great, I feel they treat everyone equally and with respect. My co workers where very helpful and always working together to complete a task. The hardest part of the job for me personally was adjusting to the rotating schedule which was two weeks days two weeks nights, very hard to balance work and home life especially with small children at home. The Pay is great, the benefits, and bonuses are also very good.
fun work environment with helpful technician; we all worked as a family
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJune 18, 2016
A typical day at work would include grabbing Work orders from the writers and performing jobs asked for by customers as well as recommending work that should be done to certain customers cars. managers were generally friendly as well as professional. hardest part of the job would have to be getting customers to actually buy the jobs we recommended, and the best part of the job would have to be the bay with lift that we got to utilize while not on the clock
Pros
free lunches on saturday, certain holiday celebrations, bay with lift to work in while off the clock.
Temp service
Temp Service (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJune 17, 2016
As usual with a temp service, back then there was no change for advancement nor benefits. The work was good, but without a chance to advance, there was not much hope for staying with this temp service no matter where I was placed.
Pros
Great job
Cons
No chance for advancement
Hit or Miss
Commercial Finance Customer Service/Collections (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 13, 2016
Toyota Financial Services can be the best or worst job depending on your department and the leadership of it. I've personally had probably the best supervisor of my life in one department and in another department I couldn't understand how my supervisor kept their job.
Pros
sweet cafeteria, flexible hours
Cons
depends on department
Best Company Ever
Best job I ever had, best company to work for also (Current Employee) –  By my back doorJune 9, 2016
You will not regret working for Toyota, they take care of you and your whole entire family.

Great Hours, Great Pay, Great Benefits,
Average Job
Customer Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 8, 2016
Average Job to work for, not very nice to contingent or contracted workers. Otherwise nice environment with good morals and approachable supervisors.
Great culture, good people, successful company.
Total Loss Specialist (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 7, 2016
The people and the Toyota culture are well grounded. Employee's truly care about their customers and the business units that they support. .
Very good place to work
Toyota Boshohu of America Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bardstown, KYJune 7, 2016
It's definitively a place to work if you're a physical person, each job takes speed and motivation to build the interior of the Camry, Avalon, Lexus doors.
Pros
Builds you speed with tools
Cons
You work alot of hours
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Title Researcher (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 7, 2016
Outstanding benefits and compensation plan. I worked with some great team leads who fostered a relationship that supported the company's goals and objectives.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Upper managent not as visible and, lack of communications on objectives
Hard work but the pay and friendships you make are worth it.
Assembly line MA620 (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJune 6, 2016
Coming to work sometimes a half hour early is what I would do to mentally prepare myself for the night. I learned more on time management and doing standardize work the correct way, is the only way. Your co-workers might make fun of you being new but they are ultimately there to get the job done and keep everyone positive and not make mistakes therefore causing defects. The hardest part of the job is leaning your job at the fast pace of the environment. The most enjoyable side of this job is the satisfaction of building a quality product.
Pros
Good friendship
Cons
If you don't make it there then it is hard to find another job.