Toyota Employee Reviews

Found 1,798 reviews matching the search
Productive and a fun place to work
Sr. Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 11, 2017
If you are ready to travel in a super fast roller-coaster then this is the place for you. :) Extremely diverse, you'll meet all the people in the world at Toyota.
Opportunity to grow
Parts and Service Director (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYApril 10, 2017
The company is so large that if you have a desire to grow with it, or change positions, there is room for it. It can also feel "too big" at times so that you can just feel like a number as well. You have to have the ability to balance that.
Benefits
Cons
Company too big?
great place to work, currently employed
Itnernet - Ebay Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 10, 2017
What can I say.... Seriously. This place has afforded me every opportunity to be successful and full grateful for my successes financially and personally. day to day operations would normally require me t work from 9 to 11-12 pm... which is entirely to much for too little ... honestly. hardest part of swallowing that is that the GM did not and does not respect the sacrifice his employees make..
Pros
great pace, great people... but they are all leaving with me potentaily..
Cons
I feel like i have sacrifice my family and kids specifically for any time all for nothing to show, but experience and seriously lacking opportunity
Supportive place to work
Paint Production Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 9, 2017
Toyota treats it's employees very well with benefits and professional and personal development opportunities. Overall, Toyota is a great place to work!
Fun but stressful place to work
Lead Greeter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 9, 2017
coworkers are awesome, managers are hard to find esepecially when you need them for a customer. fast paced most the time on slow days its hard to find something to do.
Good
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAApril 8, 2017
It was really good and fun to work with people. But this is when I was first staring out and learning everything. So the wolf experience was amazing. And so where the people.
Great company to work for
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 7, 2017
Flexible hours; everybody has awesome work ethic. A lot of opportunities to travel to Japan, which definitely is a plus. As an automotive company, the benefits are also fantastic.
Productive & Professional Work Enviornment
Accounting Office Aid (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXApril 7, 2017
Although this position was an amazing overall experience for me, the stress of the office environment made me leery about accepting long hours at times.

Nevertheless, one of the best job positions I have had. Worked hard and learned much about Customer Service, Accounting, and the flow of a business company.
Pros
Hands on training, growth of skills, advances in position. HR was very impressive and great to work for. Great benefits and lunch breaks.
Cons
office culture/enviornment
Run
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  OklahomaApril 7, 2017
Stupid just stupid awful horrible worst job ever horrible environment car business sucks dread sigh shoot me now never again awful awful just awful run!
productive and fun to work
Marketing Professional (Current Employee) –  phiippinesApril 5, 2017
Need to work more than the regular hours of work without pay, to give customer satisfactions. I enhance my communication skills. Toyota is a fun place to work with. Hardest part of the job is when i had reservations of units but its not available. enjoyable part of the job is when you see that you make your customers happy and satisfied with your service.
Pros
free launches
Cons
short breaks
was a great place to work
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAApril 5, 2017
This company, while privately owned from 2000 - 2010 was a great place to work. The owner cared for all of his employees and many associates made a career there. Once bought out by a major corporation - slowly it became the "norm".
Pros
While privately owned - year end company parties
Cons
Once corporate owned - pay and job cuts
Ok
Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKApril 5, 2017
This company is pretty OK. They have ways they can approve. They did buy us lunch everyday but that was to control production. You work long hours for little pay.
Workplace Culture
Vendor Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 4, 2017
Working with my Toyota co-workers and management was very enlightening. Doing things the Toyota Way was a process. They made every opportunity available for you to learn your job and why things were done a certain way, the history of the company, and what the future may look like. Your input was always requested, and inclusion was second nature. Caring about others and your community are part of this culture. I learned that Toyota was a company that cared about its employees, their community, causes, the Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, teens, the elderly, etc. Toyota also stressed respect for each other, including outside vendors. Respecting others helped me to gain quite a few friends and maintain relationships. This lead to great collaborating sessions.
Pros
Community involvement, training sessions
Cons
Lots of meetings
Great company on a downward slide
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 3, 2017
Toyota used to be a great company to work for. Over the past few years, the leadership operates on politics and nepotism. The wrong people are promoted and since the announcement of the TX move, the engagement level continues to crash.
Pros
benefits, auotmotive perks
Cons
Leadership, long hours, pay could be better
Produce sales
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAApril 3, 2017
Always should be with positive atitude.
Learning product knowledge.
Management training sales techniques.
Great workeplace everyone treated like a family.
When the economy collapse.
when you make great commission.
Pros
Birthday events for employee
Cons
401k, Profit sharing
Excellent opportunity
Mechanical Engineering Specialist Co-op (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 3, 2017
Worked as a co-op in the paint dept. as a younger student and was greatly supported by not only the specialists, but also workers on the line who had no obligation to really help me at all. It was a great opportunity for learning about lean operations in a manufacturing setting.
Hard work
Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 3, 2017
Typically, cashiers help check out every service customer by explaining services, processing payments and miscellanious requests. Though the job itself is pretty basic, the organization and flow is really unthought out. Management rarely listens to employees about ways to make customer service better or concerns about being understaffed. The most enjoyable part is interacting with customers and helping them navigate through a stressful situation.
Cons
Productive place to work with ping pong table
SERVICE WRITER/DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAApril 3, 2017
I really liked working here. The atmosphere was pretty cool. Sometimes we would play pickleball until the sun went down and then we would have skip all the way home for supper.
Challenging working facility
Auto Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2017
It is a very challenging work place and work environment do to its location. Is very difficult to plan a work day due to the obstacles that come with the facility.
Pros
There is plenty of work all year round
Cons
Freight elevator to get vehicles to and from technicians
My experience
Customer Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 2, 2017
Overall, I didn't like my experience as a Customer Relations Intern. I felt like they kind of took advantage of the interns in a sense. As interns, we were required to work every Saturday. Also, they timed everything. You had to change tour status from available to whether you were going to lunch, break, or to go use the restroom and they would time you for everything. If you got back a minute late from your break for whatever reason, it would count against you. It could be that this was just in my department and not everywhere else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toyota. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval