Toyota Employee Reviews

Fast paced enviroment with long hours and nightly overtime
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Princeton, INSeptember 30, 2017
Great place to work, I learned a lot from Toyota. Great people with advancement opportunity of many kinds. However with the constant Tact changes and constant demand of needing to build more vehicles night faster than ever it has became a place that just isn't for me. I need a change.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Poorly managed place of operations
competitive place but full of oppertunities
Vehicle Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLSeptember 30, 2017
A typical day at work was making your 20-30 follow up calls.
locking in info on every customer that you upped. being prompt in the 14 steps to a sale.

I learned how to guide a sales process and to also making it enjoyable for anybody that was purchasing a vehicle from me.
In addition to how to work pricing and make profit.

Management was very helpful in coming in and closing deals at times. Overall management was great.

Workplace culture , it is a competition, fun work environment. great group various races came together to make money.

Landing the customer that does not have the means to buy on a Vehicle.

Most enjoyable part of the job i would add was talking to new people everyday. and having Toyota events for example new inventory info and sales lunch meets.
Pros
free lunches on Toyota events.
Cons
short lunch breaks regularly
laid off
Parts Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCSeptember 29, 2017
After working there for 2 months and being acknowledged as a hard working employee I was called into the office and was part of the 24 people lay off. I think its extremely unfair to waste my time like this, the unfortunate part is my supervisor fought to keep me from being laid off and was unsuccessful. I really did enjoy my job and am extremely disheartened by this.
Lack of Good Leadership
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 29, 2017
There seems to be a lot of political maneuvering among executives and managers creating a tense environment. Managers don't seem to really know what they are doing and some are inexperienced. A lot of employees have worked there so long that they don't really do much for the company anymore.
A plus is that people are allowed to work from home a lot maybe because there is a lot of jockeying for work or being bored. If your only skill is speaking Japanese and English you will be hired and promoted fairly quickly.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Benefits, Hours, Nice Campus
Cons
Inexperienced Managers, Favoritism, Politics, Confusion
productive
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSSeptember 29, 2017
Loved working at this location and had an awesome boss. The factory environment just wasn't for me. I am used to working in Retail Management and got really bored standing in a section by myself.
service department
Certified Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 28, 2017
Toyota service employess are required to work long hours.
Service department work is a stressful work environment at times.
Toyota Knoxville has ever changing pay plans.
Toyota Knoxville has ever changing management ideas.
Toyota Knoxville does not offer asm paid holidays.
Pros
Great product
Cons
too many management changes and pay plan changes
Spring Quality Engineering Intern
Engineering Co-op, Quality Engineering (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 28, 2017
This was a great first internship and I learned alot on the job. Management was not great and was not super involved in trying to keep interns in the company.
Great Place To Work
SHAREPOINT ARCHITECT | SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Staff is very friendly and accommodating. I found management to be layered heavily. So much so that I can count on two hands the number of times I spoke to my manager over 6 months.
compeditive
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GASeptember 27, 2017
High stress environment. Pay is good. You have to be be really motivated and self driven. If you can do that then you will do well there. Need sales experience
pay is good
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYSeptember 27, 2017
Hard on your body and you never know how much overtime you will have to work from day to day. Women are allowed to wear yoga pants and it's disgusting and distracting
It was a hard job but rewarding.
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INSeptember 26, 2017
A typical day consisted of a team meeting and warming up. You worked for 8 hours with breaks inbetween. Then they would call overtime. It was hard work, but the money was great.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Don't get to see family very much.
Not a fan
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 26, 2017
Never liked working for Toyota. They would always point fingers and the managers had there favorites. I always worked the most and always worked the hardest and never had any appreciation for anything I did.
See review below...
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJSeptember 26, 2017
Not quite sure what to say here... I took this job after having a very hard time finding a job with benefits. So I was grateful, however the compensation was very low. After one year of working hard and doing overtime I was denied a pay raise which is standard in most companies even if its just for cost of living. Decided to work 1 more year at the initial pay rate and was denied again. So that's when I began to look for a new job that would offer a higher compensation. The people I worked with were great, but I feel like the company was run poorly. I understand it's changed since then, so hopefully these items have been addressed.
Productive and fun work place.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYSeptember 26, 2017
Loved working there, the pay was great and the upper personnel were nice and friendly and helpful, but I got hurt on the job and decided to take a payout.
Pros
great pay
Cons
long hours with manitory overtime daily
Talent Acquisition and Sourcing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 25, 2017
Enjoyed the people, however there was a lack of opportunities for higher paid individuals. Good benefits. Nice people. Good central location. Fair managers
Sales is sales
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Runnemede, NJSeptember 25, 2017
Can't really complain about Toyota it is a good place to work. Lots of educational support and resources offered. Would recommend to any starting sales person.
Pros
Free lunch on sat and at traini g
Cons
Sales
productive and enthusiastic work environment
Lead Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 25, 2017
Toyota was a very productive job.
I enjoyed the fast past environment and the employes.
Everyone was positive and got along with each other.
It was also a great learning experience for me.
Group leader
Group Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Princeton, INSeptember 24, 2017
The only way this place could get a good review is if you were placed in one of the few easy spots available. Anyone online is worked until they blow their shoulders ,hands and wrist out. Then they treat you like a criminal and blame you when your body gives out. They let the worst employees run wild while the good ones are expected to pick up the slack and not complain. With pto time and shutdowns you get 4 out of the 52 weeks a year with your family. They are constantly adding more work on the over worked and while cutting benefits. After reaching top pay my take home has flatlined over the last 9 years. Everything thing is blamed on the employee. There are no accidents just incidents. The definition of a toxic work environment.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor work life balance, poor management, constantly taking more from employees
they were an alright com[pany to work for
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYSeptember 23, 2017
everything was great until they decided to open team leaders a good amount people started looking to trip up people even making up stories,which i never i undersood wahy it only 1.00 hr raise
Pros
pay was great
Cons
enviroment of cut throat just plain meaness
Every day provides different issues and challenges
Quality Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  AltonaSeptember 22, 2017
supervise a small team with the responsibility of preventing defect outflow to customers, this comes in many forms from isolating and checking stock or vehicles. communication with our customers both internal and external is a major focus for our team
Pros
never boring
Cons
nil

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toyota. Our community is ready to answer.