Toyota

Toyota Employer Reviews

wonderful
Dustin Egbers Finance Director/Daren Dortche GM (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 27, 2014
Pros: employees i worked with were awesome
Cons: the gm isnt personable
I really did enjoy working with this company but the management. The co-workers were good but a lot of gossip. Not family environment. Texas Toyota is what made me fall in love with the car business but in Toyota of Dallas truly left a bad taste in the mouth. I still love those Toyota customers.
Great place to work!!!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Danville, ILOctober 19, 2014
Pros: freedom, good company
Cons: long hours, work later than scheduled many times.
Typical day at work would start with a morning meaning to go over the days appointments and what happened the previous day. Then I would go over my previous and potential customers and make calls to them. I would also help customers that would come onto the lot. I learned the 10-step sales process and the right way to be a car salesman. Management was GREAT. I have never had a better set of managers. They were great motivators, GREAT teachers, and were always available to help you with anything you needed. Hardest part was the long hours. Most enjoyable was the freedom you get as long as your producing and doing you job.
Work place
Sales Manager/Account Executive (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJOctober 16, 2014
Pros: working on commission and bonus
Cons: no a regular salary and to much hours at work
Geting in the day or work making call to fallow in customer to recent purchase a Toyota car seeking for referrals and family members for referrals, getting paperwork that is need for the remaining deals such as issuance and finance parers like approvals and taking with the bankers to find out rates and condition for the deal then go outside and wait for a customer to help and sale a Toyota car.
no advancement
Remarketing Clerk (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDOctober 15, 2014
no opportunities for advancement under appreciated but had fun running a department by myself and enjoyed my coworkers we were all there for one goal to make the company successful and that was achieved.
Not recommended if you have short temper for ignorance.
Manager of Valet/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLOctober 14, 2014
Many workers here are not team players and will throw their work onto you for the benefit of their own paychecks. 4 out of 5 service writers will refuse to write up a customer even if they do not have work in front of them. It's a good place to work if you stay to yourself and do not get caught up in other peoples actions and drama but the hours are long and the money isn't always worth it.
co workers very difficult
Contract Analyst (Current Employee), st louisOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: co workers
Management needed to be more aware of their employees and the differences. No stability
Great Place to Work
Records Specialist - Training and Development (Current Employee), Torrance, CAOctober 12, 2014
Great products, people, and excellent customer service. Lots of creativity and innovation. Technology is constantly moving forward and their continues to be a massive amount of training that continues to elevate all employees' skill sets.
Fun place to work with, great customers
Master Auto Technician (Former Employee), Fremont, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: great staff
I collaborated with the service manager and service writers. I communicated with the service writers and the customers. I explained to the customer how their vehicle is works using layman's term. I also, did a lot of teaching. I was given multiple vehicles to work on and used my time management skills to complete the task.
culture
Financial (Current Employee), Torrance, CAOctober 8, 2014
Toyota is a great company to work for. They promote a Kaizen culture. I worked with a great team.
Inventory Manager & Salesperson (Current Employee), AROctober 8, 2014
great job I advanced fairly quickly see previous review.I loved working with the team at Toyota Of NWA. We really treated each other as family.
the toyota has been a great experience for me i did enjoy being an employer with them
Cook/ Preparation (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 7, 2014
Pros: the scene
Cons: getting things done precisely, professionly under a limited amount of time
the Toyota center was enlightening, I've learned to deal with people on different types of levels and circumstances. I have also learned to handle different types of people under different circumstances. management was awesome the energy was like no other. co workers was all different, different personalities, different outlooks on life and different visions. the hardest part of working for the Toyota center was making sure each 10,000 + fans were satisfied and fed. the most enjoyable part of working with the Toyota center was the fans and different cultures I seen come in the stadium, the parades, the music, and the dancing.
Admirable company with great people
Manager, International Risk (Former Employee), Torrance, CAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: 9-80 work schedules, outstanding benefits
Cons: large company that can be 'political'
Toyota is a wonderful company that truly values its employees and customers. It has a strong company culture that enforces respect for people. This carries forward into many aspects of the company, including how associates are treated and the work-life balance that they are afforded. Management is generally approachable and keenly aware that creating a good place to work fosters happy, productive associates. Associates are expected to work hard and contribute to the company's success, but they are also rewarded with job security, outstanding benefits and opportunities for personal growth and advancement.
Overall a great company to work for
Collections Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chandler, AZOctober 6, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: you be stuck at the same position for a long time
Management for the most part are very open with the exception of one of two, they always keep you on the loop on where the business is going and what management is doing

The only downside I have experience is that if your looking to move up it will take for ever, if you start as a regular rep and want to be a supervisor they always make excuses why you don't qualify for the position even do you have enough experience. Its actually easier to come in to the company as a supervisor then move up
Fun place to work
Salesperson (Current Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: fun coworkers
Cons: no life
Expect to work 70 hours a week and have no life, although at least the people you work with are lots of fun...
Good place to work but other employees not very socialble
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), AROctober 3, 2014
It was a good expierence but was to strict for me and the customers i dealed with
very friendly people to work with
Porter/cashier (Current Employee), mcdonough, gaOctober 2, 2014
everyone works just has hard as they can play. Everyone makes sure that work is done before play
Fun ob at Universal Studios, California
Art Director/Freelance Artist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CaSeptember 30, 2014
This job gave me the opportunity of learning the TV commercial universe. It was fun, entertaining and full of challenges, enough juice to keep me motivated. I worked with a great professional team full of energy working tireless hours. Lot's of fun.
very fun work place, the people are great
Financial Litigation Agent (Former Employee), TorranceSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great work place, good benefits and pay
this company is awesome, the people are great and the mangers treat you with respect and not like you are nothing, have great company parties and vacations,
Nice simple job
Porter/Service Valet (Former Employee), brandon, flSeptember 23, 2014
It was an easy job that was very simple just to do one job and have all the benefits
Profession workplace with excellent name recognition within the industry.
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: name recognition in the industry.
Cons: later start day than i would prefer.
Very professional forklift dealership-top in the field.
Typical day at work includes review of previous day's activities, checking schedule for the day, make any necessary adjustments to your schedule and follow the plan for the day.
This would include contacting customers regarding outstanding quotes or customer issues.
Communicating with department managers on customer behalf to resolve issues.
The most difficult part of the job is making sure everyone stays on track to complete the task at hand.
By keeping open communication with co-workers, this difficult task gets done.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that your are working with a strong organization that you can take pride in.

About Toyota

Toyota Motor Corporation (Toyota) primarily conducts business in the automotive industry. Toyota also conducts business in the – Read more