Toyota

Toyota Employee Reviews

Demanding job, Poor leaders and management (not all), good pay, good benefits.
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee), Georgetown, KYMay 26, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: short breaks, overtime, management, 80's feel to it, no radio, repetitive work
I was there for 18 years. I saw many of my peers get promoted or placed in offline positions because they were friends with the interviewers, or were in the click. Many things have changed at Toyota over the 18 years I have been there. There are many team leaders who do not belong in the position and are creating a hostile working environment. There are many good people that I have worked with. The job itself is horrible.
Best place I ever worked
OPERATIONS ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Torrance, CAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Employees are treated very nice
Cons: Hard to move up in the company
Toyota has great work/life balance. Not much required OT. Co-workers are like family. There is not much movement for jobs because the place is so great no one ever leaves.
Good place to grow
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Carson, CAMay 23, 2015
This was my first job, It was a tuff place to work since it required so much hard labor, but it helped learn an grow in many ways. It was an amazing place to work. I had fun riding the forklifts.
Demanding, fast-paced work environment
Logistics Control, Projects Planning Specialist (Current Employee), Erlanger, KYMay 22, 2015
Pros: benefits package, experience gained
Cons: salary, work-life balance
Very little work-life balance due to inability to remain fully staffed during transition to new headquarters in Plano, TX.

Fast-paced environment that can be rewarding, but don't expect a pat on the back for your hard work.
good luck
AI (Former Employee), Georgetown, KYMay 21, 2015
Pros: the work its'self, the atmosphere, the money
Cons: attitudes
If by some chance you can get onto Toyota, don't loose that job. The management sucks. You have individuals who have been there over half there lives being pushed out by kids half their age and they take it out on the temps. The benefits are AWESOME. The job its self... it is a manufacturing plant. The largest in Kentucky. Its hot but its not hard, I loves that job, just disliked that attitudes of the bosses.
Good work environment and grate people to work with
Lube Technician (Former Employee), Muscatine, IAMay 21, 2015
I started out with something to do and ended with something to do they keep me busy. I learned a grate deal about car and trucks
Service Technician
Service Technician (Former Employee), Hickory, NCMay 20, 2015
Pros: your able to learn new things everyday.
Cons: cant grow as an individual.
• Check sheets(27 point courtesy)

• Change Oil fluid and tire rotation.

• Observe and test vehicle fluid.

• Operate tire Machinery.
Half of the management is good the other half is trash
sales (Former Employee), Grand RapidsMay 19, 2015
Pros: money is ok
Cons: Not enough business to keep you busy
Head managers are great but there are a select few managers that I had that were trash and didnt want to help.
Business was slow.
If you enjoy standing for 5 hours waiting for a customer who is going to take a week to buy then this is your job.
It was my dream job
Lube Technician (Current Employee), Rhinelander, WIMay 13, 2015
I loved working there, was a great place with great co workers. I loved talking to the customers and I loved knowing their problems were completely fixed
Good progressive employer.
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMay 12, 2015
Pros: Very generous to employees in terms of free items, lunches, etc.
Cons: Very regimented, micromanagement.
Toyota is a progressive employer, firm but very fair in its policies. A great place to work, but expect a very disciplined business model.
Experienced in commercial lending, product development, project management and corporate training.
Wholesale Account Development Manager (Current Employee), Torrance, CAMay 11, 2015
Product developer, project manager for commercial lending financial products and incentive programs. Responsible for managing projects and staff. Play leading role in the development of initiatives with Toyota Motor Sales, Lexus and Scion divisions to promote facility and vehicle launch projects. Responsible for commercial lending product line strategy, risk and cost management as well as performance forecasts. Corporate trainer for commercial lending sales tools and field instruction. Liaison and speech writer to senior executives, serving as an authority on commercial lending matters for enterprise wide special projects, process improvement programs and risk mitigation.
Good Company
Sales (Former Employee), Escondido, CAMay 11, 2015
Pros: Few free lunches for top Sales team
Cons: Not much sales training. Very little discount on Toyota vehicles.
Make lots of phone calls.
Very clean place to work.
Large sales staff.
Free Lunch for all staff once in a while.
Very little discount on Toyota vehicles for all staff.
I liked working here, fun and keeps busy
Porter (Former Employee), BrunswickMay 1, 2015
Get to drive cars everyday and I was able to learn some new things about cars with talking to the mechanics. Good humoured people and fun to be around. Got busy at times and are supposed to be reliable and independent mostly due to the waiting customers. A lot of trust is put into an individual at this position.
Collection and Customer Services Rep
Collection & Customer Retention Representative (Former Employee), San JuanApril 30, 2015
Pros: stable workplace
Great place to work. the company provide excellent benefits. you have a base salary but have the opportunity to be evaluated by your past performance to have income increases.
Productive and Good working culture
SAP programmer (Current Employee), Torrance, CaliforniaApril 28, 2015
Pros: Employee Friendly
Cons: Short breaks
A real good work enviornment . This is a very good company to work . Work life balance is optimal. Employee friendly work culture as well as demandind at the same time.
Learned a new trade
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Livonia, MIApril 27, 2015
Cons: Favoritism
The most enjoyable part of working at Toyota was the teamwork environment. Got the opportunity to participate in after work activites such as sports and gatherings.
Loved my job
Car Washer (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 24, 2015
I loved working for the toyota company. I worked in a fast pace environment, friendly coworkers and management, and customers. Really reliable and set schedule job and really enjoyed working there.
ETL QA Lead
ETL QA Lead (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 23, 2015
8 + years of experience in QA testing that includes 2 years as a QA Lead/Onsite coordinator and extensively involved in Test Planning Creation, reviewing and monitoring progress, planning & managing dependencies, risks and resources, schedules, estimates, test reports in Financial, Banking, Pharma and Telecom domains.
•Around 3 years of experience as an ETL & BI QA Analyst, mainly with Teradata and Oracle data bases
•More than 2 years of experience as a QA in Salesforce.com CRM application, mainly with Leads, Contacts, Accounts, Cases, Campaigns, Opportunities, Orders and Services entities
•More than 3 years of experience as a QA in Siebel CRM applications like Marketing and UCM web applications
•In depth technical knowledge and understanding of Data Warehousing, Data Validations, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server, Oracle, and ETL
•Solid Back End Testing experience by writing and executing SQL Queries
•Experience in Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data Cleansing, Data Verification and identifying data mismatch
Flexible work/life balance
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDApril 21, 2015
Pros: Contest with prizes and lunches
Cons: No advancement, bad energy of co-workers
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I am able to complete my duties at work as well as attend school activities with my son. The work/life balance is excellent. I have never experienced so much freedom. This job gives more than enough options to take care of business outside of work.
Unfortunate company is moving to Texas
Customer Service Representative / Collections (Current Employee), Torrance, CAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great Teamwork and work environment
Cons: Company is Leaving to Texas
It is very unfortunate the company is moving to Texas in a few months, otherwise I would have continued to enjoy working at Toyota for years to come.