Toyota Employee Reviews

Great company
District Service & Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 1, 2016
Great benefits and ability to move up within the company. Must be willing to travel a lot. Hardest part of the job is living out of a hotel Monday-Friday.
Pros
Promotion opportunities
Cons
Travel 90%
Great place to work, but very hard to balance work/life
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 28, 2016
At the Job I learned a lot about Quality Inspection, Team Work. Management was great, I feel they treat everyone equally and with respect. My co workers where very helpful and always working together to complete a task. The hardest part of the job for me personally was adjusting to the rotating schedule which was two weeks days two weeks nights, very hard to balance work and home life especially with small children at home. The Pay is great, the benefits, and bonuses are also very good.
fun work environment with helpful technician; we all worked as a family
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJune 18, 2016
A typical day at work would include grabbing Work orders from the writers and performing jobs asked for by customers as well as recommending work that should be done to certain customers cars. managers were generally friendly as well as professional. hardest part of the job would have to be getting customers to actually buy the jobs we recommended, and the best part of the job would have to be the bay with lift that we got to utilize while not on the clock
Pros
free lunches on saturday, certain holiday celebrations, bay with lift to work in while off the clock.
Temp service
Temp Service (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJune 17, 2016
As usual with a temp service, back then there was no change for advancement nor benefits. The work was good, but without a chance to advance, there was not much hope for staying with this temp service no matter where I was placed.
Pros
Great job
Cons
No chance for advancement
Hit or Miss
Commercial Finance Customer Service/Collections (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 13, 2016
Toyota Financial Services can be the best or worst job depending on your department and the leadership of it. I've personally had probably the best supervisor of my life in one department and in another department I couldn't understand how my supervisor kept their job.
Pros
sweet cafeteria, flexible hours
Cons
depends on department
Best Company Ever
Best job I ever had, best company to work for also (Current Employee) –  By my back doorJune 9, 2016
You will not regret working for Toyota, they take care of you and your whole entire family.

Great Hours, Great Pay, Great Benefits,
Average Job
Customer Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 8, 2016
Average Job to work for, not very nice to contingent or contracted workers. Otherwise nice environment with good morals and approachable supervisors.
Great culture, good people, successful company.
Total Loss Specialist (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 7, 2016
The people and the Toyota culture are well grounded. Employee's truly care about their customers and the business units that they support. .
Very good place to work
Toyota Boshohu of America Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bardstown, KYJune 7, 2016
It's definitively a place to work if you're a physical person, each job takes speed and motivation to build the interior of the Camry, Avalon, Lexus doors.
Pros
Builds you speed with tools
Cons
You work alot of hours
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Title Researcher (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 7, 2016
Outstanding benefits and compensation plan. I worked with some great team leads who fostered a relationship that supported the company's goals and objectives.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Upper managent not as visible and, lack of communications on objectives
Hard work but the pay and friendships you make are worth it.
Assembly line MA620 (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJune 6, 2016
Coming to work sometimes a half hour early is what I would do to mentally prepare myself for the night. I learned more on time management and doing standardize work the correct way, is the only way. Your co-workers might make fun of you being new but they are ultimately there to get the job done and keep everyone positive and not make mistakes therefore causing defects. The hardest part of the job is leaning your job at the fast pace of the environment. The most enjoyable side of this job is the satisfaction of building a quality product.
Pros
Good friendship
Cons
If you don't make it there then it is hard to find another job.
Stressful workplace
(TMS) is one of the major automotive organizations (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 6, 2016
Stressful workplace. All projects are fixed priced and no room for Vendors to bargain. Unless the Vendor has is a big player, lives of development team is usually stressful
Pros
Good technology landscape
Cons
no worklife balance
Human Resources Administrative assistant
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 4, 2016
Great company to work for. They cared about their employees and did everything possible to take care of their employees. Especially in 2008 economy. Work life balance. The management team at Toyota was great. I developed and learned a lot about the automotive industry, unions and general business and the Toyota way
Pros
Great work enviroment and co workers willing to help
Cons
contract employee for 3 years
Mississipi Army National Guard
Automotive Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 1, 2016
Great experience . Becoming apart of a team. Training In MOS/Completing Tasks and drills.Both mental and physically .
Team Members are forgotten
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, KYMay 30, 2016
Toyota has fallen far from the days that it valued its employees. Toyota's cut cost at all costs has filtered down to the labor costs and they are cutting corners on every position. Not the great job it used to be.
Was not at Organic Marketng too long
ORGANIC MARKETING (Toyota) (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 27, 2016
seem like a revolving to as far as keeping employees. You never felt like your job was secure. I think that is how marketing places are. They hire and fire based on the IT projects the get so I can see why the environment in not stable.
Pros
Fun work
Cons
not a secure environment
Work is challenging
Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 23, 2016
Successful brand.Challenging technology environment.Mostly good co workers.Very challenging technical projects. Excellent learning opportunities.Project work is satisfying. Political environment
Great
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 18, 2016
Flexible work hours
* Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
* Poor pay
* No paid vacation or bonus
* Customer support center in Addison is much worse than corporate head quarters in Plano
Productive workplace with opportunities to rise in the company
Assembly Team Member (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MSMay 17, 2016
Overall it was a good job there just wasn't enough time to spend at home with family or to work towards my own personal goals due to having to work mandatory daily overtime and rotating shifts. It was a great job with great benefits, but I had to move on to pursue my own dreams.
Pros
Healthcare, Pay, Vehicle discounts
Cons
Short breaks, Daily overtime, rotating shifts, weekend overtime.
I already did this review
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 16, 2016
Typical sales job, long hours, getting to be more difficult to make a living in this field. not for someone trying to support a family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toyota. Our community is ready to answer.