Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Found 5,560 reviews matching the search
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDSeptember 26, 2016
My review for my work place was typical day work day. Coworkers was alright to deal with. The most enjoyable day was getting my work done.
Fast pace but hard work.
Seasonal - Night Shift Stocker (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 26, 2016
I loved working for the company, but HR supervisor was not friendly and after I worked seasonal, they gave me a bad reference when I moved to AZ and applied for a stocker job. I was very disappointed in human resources, but I called Corporate and they removed negative review. I enjoyed my team and the customers. I loved helping people.
Pros
Third Shift
Cons
Heavy lifting at times
fun but not for me
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manalapan, NJSeptember 26, 2016
Always would cut my shifts short while in the middle of the shift. Overall fun place to work but extremely slow and wouldn't be doing much durning shift.
Very fun place to work
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALSeptember 23, 2016
A typical day starts with collectors at the door. I learned how to be a merchandiser while working here. The management team that was there truly cared about the needs and wants of the customer as well as the employee. Genuinely there was not a hard part to this job because I truly enjoyed every aspect of the job.
Pros
Toys
Toys R Us
Cashier, Store Associate (Former Employee) –  York PASeptember 23, 2016
Enjoyed working there during the Christmas season. The management team was not the best , they didn't really seem to be interested in what went on. During the Christmas season, we were kept busy which I prefer. After season not so much.
Hardest part of the job was keeping your thoughts to yourself when you had a demanding customer, but expected when you work retail.
All and all it was an interesting experience.
Pros
Lunches provided when we were in our busiest season, could work as much or as little as you could .
Cons
Management team was kind of a disappointment, as half of them didnt really seem to care about your needs or feelings, and didnt treat you as part of a team.
Busy Job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 22, 2016
I worked seasonal at Toys R Us so it was pretty busy. It was my first job so I didn't know what to expect really, but the communication was off a lot. I didn't start for couple weeks after I was hired. Also I feel like I didn't get trained properly, but rather just thrown in with trial and error. The coworkers were alright everyone treated it like another job. The managers at the time, were ok too, it's just sometimes they disappear throughout the day and only would commit to taking their role seriously. But with the amount of business that came I can't really judge it was very hectic.
Pros
Employee Discount, Good Wages
Cons
Bad Communication
Only good for teenagers
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 22, 2016
There's no hours from the month of February through June. Employees are just biding time and managers are very unprofessional and biased
Fun workplace
Packers and Packagers, Hand (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHSeptember 22, 2016
I pick thw iteams and i also. Had pack when need it was very easy and easy to work it was a good fit for me. It was a great expense been there. Learn how to do more then I expect.
Fun work times and working with kids is always a pleasure.
Retail Sales-Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 22, 2016
I liked working here more because of the reactions of the kids when they walk in the door. They get so star eyed and they get even more so when they get what they want. Its almost always a good day when I walked in the door.
Pros
Seeing kids smile and friendly staff
Cons
its a kids store, the toys are always all over the place at the end of the day
Wasn't the greatest
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 22, 2016
The employees weren't helpful with training. They were very rude. The pay wasn't all that great either. I wouldn't recommend this job to a friend like I was. The managers weren't helpful when it came to problems in the workplace.
Cons
Short breaks, rude employees, bad training
Very unorganized
Stock (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 21, 2016
The store is just unorganized. It was just a bad experience for me. Took hours off my pay without me knowing, just horrible.
You don't want to work here
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 21, 2016
Terrible company to work for. They pay minimum wage but have you working harder for way less than you deserve. Pay raises are every year in June right before minimum wage goes up so you get 9-30 cents raise for one paycheck and then she the wage goes up you just go up to that. Always have to work weekends unless you request them off. You have to have open availability. Overall this is a $30 billion company that underplays their employees, definitely not worth it.
Pros
Occasionally holiday parties
Cons
No set schedules, rude managers, underpaid, always understaffed
Customer Service / Sales Associate
Sales Associate - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTSeptember 21, 2016
I worked as a cashier and sales associate.I helped customers find items on the floor. I was also able to look items up on the computer to make sure the store had them item in stock; and if we did not i could see if another store had it.
It was knowledgeable
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILSeptember 21, 2016
I learned basic skills nothing major environment was fast paced and knowledgeable and very friendly only worked there temporarily
Fun
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 20, 2016
Hard work but good work environment people are nice many different departments to learn in everybody helps nice employment activity
Pros
Good money and hours
Cons
Shotty management
a great palce to work for , but not for temps of part time workers
Unloader/Processor (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXSeptember 20, 2016
A good company to work for, typical day of work was busy keeping shipments stacked and in order on a daily basis. Management was fair and courteous. the job was easy but just not enough hours , they would always let us go early. my co-workers was great to work with. could never get a 40 hour week.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Not enough work hours
Great environment and staff morale
toy specialist (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, NYSeptember 19, 2016
My favorite part of my job is being surrounded by employees who always have a great attitude. Plus being surrounded by toys all day is pretty fun.
Boring
Floor Support (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 19, 2016
• Review work orders and blueprints to ensure work is performed according to specifications

• Determine work assignments and procedures

• Supervise assemblers and train employees on job procedures

• Shovel, sweep, or otherwise maintain cleanliness of work areas
Bad Management
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 19, 2016
The management never gave me a schedule they just told me when to come in after my shift was over. They were always talking a laughing with one another during store hours.
Pros
Easy Work Day
Cons
Never received a schedule
Feels Like Family
Cashier and back stock associate (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 19, 2016
I enjoy working with every employee and manager, but I would like more advancement. Also, I feel the level of knowledge I have and the amount of work I preform does not match the raises received.