Toys 'R' Us
4,311 reviews

Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Fun enviornment to work in with great people.
Seasonal "R-Zone" Associate (Former Employee), Everett, WAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Everyone kept on top of everyone's breaks, close to the mall
Cons: Short breaks, lunch never lasted long enough
While working at Toys R Us, I got to indulge my inner child. I interacted with the many children that came through asking about video games, giving advice to their parents on which games would be better for their age group. Being an avid gamer myself, I happily helped everyone get a better understanding of the games they were interested in.
Typical Day at Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Melrose Park, ILMay 26, 2015
At Toys R' Us, I learned a lot about customer service. Being the main customer service rep, it taught me how to focus on making others happier. I loved satisfying a customer when they were dying to find something for their child. Being a customer service representative, it also taught me to learn to have more patience. When you are working in retail, you definitely see many different people, and you need to know how to compose yourself when dealing with anything. A typical day included taking in returns, exchanges, and ringing people out with regular sales, along with answering phone calls, and multitasking. Everyday, we had a specific goal to reach in signing people up for rewards cards and earning a specific percentage. This taught me to push towards a goal even if it was just some number. When you reach that goal, it makes you so proud of yourself and you want to continue doing a great job. Also, being the main customer service rep, once I learned everything I needed to know, I began training new employees, and that taught me order. When teaching people what you know, you need some kind of order and organization. Lastly, I loved when children came to the store and had the biggest smiles on their faces just by interacting with them and making them feel important along with their parents.
Excellent work environment, Very friendly management
Back of House assistant (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSMay 26, 2015
This job was very manageable. I enjoyed going to work every day. I would help parents choose the right toys for their children and help children find the toys they wanted. I would love to work here again.
Productive job
Back of House Specialist (Former Employee), Wichita KSMay 26, 2015
My time at toys r us was fantastic, the guest and management were great i enjoyed ever aspect of the job the only reason for me leaving was relocating if i did not have to move i think i would still be working for this company, this job valued the guest and its employees and make the environment of the daily work comfortable.
The best atmosphere to be in by far.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Okemos, MIMay 26, 2015
I had fun everyday on the job, I learned that I still have an imagination. My co-workers were hilarious, but the most enjoyable part of the job was watching children being happy with the toys they picked out.
Cool place to start
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the
worst job ever
Supervisor (Former Employee), Rye, NYMay 23, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
district manager can't be taking seriously. management has no respect for associates and talk down to employees. changes pay with out notice nor paper work to sign to verify change in compensation. over worked employees.
Cutting-edge company with intelligent market research that fits customers' needs
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 23, 2015
During my time at Toys R Us I worked in the electronics and video game department. I enjoy working with these types of media because I enjoy playing and talking about video games. Helping customers was fun and gratifying.

I have no complaints about Toys R Us other than their lack of cleanliness and organization in some of the merchandise isles.
Fun place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAMay 22, 2015
Pros: happy atmosphere
Cons: low pay
Its a good atmosphere in which to work. I always enjoyed working there, the coworkers are always positive & upbeat & that would shine through to create a pleasant atmosphere in which to work. a typical day is filled with helping customers, cashiering, and closing involves doing go-backs and cleaning your department.
Fun workplace where we can play with toys
Assembler (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 22, 2015
Pros: Free food on holidays
Cons: short hours
I learned to put together bicycles and Power Wheels while having fun with fellow employees. I enjoyed sorting truck and putting product on the floor along side my managers. My store manager made sure work was fun and often brought in food especially for those of us stuck working on holidays. The hardest part was adjusting to the overnight hours when I first started the season, but I quickly got used to it. My manager was always accommodating if I needed time off for something with my kids. Any problems were quickly resolved.
Great, fun place
Team Member (Former Employee), Selma, TexasMay 22, 2015
Pros: Fun environment
Cons: Too lenient with rules
Toys R us was an excellent place to work. Very fun and the community was great. I learned customer service skills and how to manage time with work.
Toys R Us
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee), Woodridge, ILMay 21, 2015
I learned a lot from working at Toys R Us for almost a year now. I love learning new things every day at work and fulfilling the customers needs. Co-workers were one thing that kept me going and were great motivation. I met some really amazing friends from working here.
Babies R US
Cashier (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 21, 2015
Pros: fun, great work enviroment
Cons: no benefits, low pay
I love this job. It is a fun place to work but it is minimum wage and don't expect to advance (or at least not quickly).
I worked as a cashier and you will be standing A LOT. It was not a bad line of work. Most of the costumers even were enjoyable (only a couple were difficult).
Some of the workers were fun to work with managment sucked
Team Member (Former Employee), Humble, TXMay 21, 2015
Pros: meeting fun people
Cons: short breaks
I liked working there for a while but then I started to HATE going to work. My daughter was very sick once and I tried to call in and they told me that it looked bad on me and that I needed to find someone to watch her so I could go in, but two weeks before I had covered alot of people shifts because they didn't go to work or just called in and I even stayed later and covered superviosers lunch breaks because the others were too worried about going home on time.
Productive and friendly environment
Electronics Associate/Guest Service Team Member (Current Employee), Colonial Heights, VAMay 20, 2015
A typical morning involved meeting 15 minutes before opening to discus the previous days sales. Once open I retrieve my keys and head to Electronics. The rest of the day consists of helping customers and ringing them up.
Strives to be the #1 destination place for kids.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Fayetteville ArkansasMay 20, 2015
In management, a typical day at Toys 'R' Us changes throughout the year. While the spring and summer time are relatively a slow season Fourth quarter can be a whole another realm. We do nearly half of our sales during this time alone.

Trying to make adjustments based on slow sales drives the company to make moves a lot. At times we are managing so many things at once. This can be the most hardest part of the job.

Toys 'R' Us does a lot for the kids by partnering with major brands of toys. We conduct events within each of our stores that bring tons of kids into our buildings. Mostly Lego events, these kids love to be able to come in and build a little Lego set and take it home for free. Seeing the faces of the kids happy whether it is during one of the events or little Billy or Sue earning some money to come in a spend makes it very enjoyable for me.
Very productive, Like working out
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Houston, TxMay 20, 2015
Come in, Unload a truck with more than 2,000 pieces on it, learn how to properly unload truck and down stock a store, kept stockroom and sales floor clean
Just another Job with too many bosses micro managing and getting few results.
Back of House team member (Current Employee), Springfield, ILMay 20, 2015
Pros: 15 minute break after four hours, a second after 7.
Cons: No hours for anyone but supervisors, ineffective, apathetic, and at times downright incompetent managers. Training is sink or swim.
I liked working there at first but It turned south really quickly. I was told I would receive 30 hours per week If I accepted a permanent position from seasonal. I took the job only to find out that it is 15 hours per week, and those hours get cut due to traffic in the store. Also the management is mostly filled by people who do not do their jobs properly, they do not follow through with things like in stock walks, count adjustments, etc. This prevents them from being effective. On top of that, they dont communicate amongst themselves creating an environment where one does not know who to listen to, and then sets one up to get reamed for things not getting finished. This of course just speaks of MY experience, but I would not accept the job if given a second chance. From what I can see, TRU is a dying corporation, where the corporate employees have no idea what goes on at ground level. As evidenced by the fact that they cant even get a floor cap correct or furnish planograms that fit our store.

I suggest only working there with no other options.
Fun
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2015
Job was always laid out ready to go and so where the employees. Everyday I learned something new and everyday I came to work and left work happy.

1 2 3 4 5

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more

Toys 'R' Us Salaries