Toys 'R' Us
3,061 reviews

Toys 'R' Us Employer Reviews

Fun place to work high energy.
Cashier (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILJuly 30, 2014
High energy environment a lot going on at one time, but very clam at the same because of the freedom you have meaning if your a good worker always finding something to do or someone to help you'll be find with management and your days will fly because theirs always someone to help.
Fun job
Baby Registry Consultant (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJuly 30, 2014
Pros: first dibs on items, fun job, always something to do, praise for getting a metric, breaks are seen as essential for productivity
Cons: occasionally rude guest (as with any retail job), high theft in the store
The management at my store were wonderful! They were always helpful and caring. My job was fun because the guests are happy to receive good information about baby items from you. I didn't get but 15 hours per week but management told me that upon hiring me. I started at minimum wage but got a small raise in a few months. I worked at a split store (TRU – more... and BRU). – less
Just another day
Back of House Team Member (Former Employee), Hickory, NCJuly 30, 2014
Go in early

Get stuff off the truck

Get stuff out on the floor for customers.

Help Customers.

Go Home.
Fun work place
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 29, 2014
enjoyed the company and being apart of something different
exellent place to work
WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE/SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee), metrocentre gatesheadJuly 29, 2014
i worked in the warehouse loading and unloading trucks also worked on the shop floor stocking shelves.I worked well with both management and staff.
Work Experience
SEASONAL CASHIER/CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Johnson City TNJuly 28, 2014
Pros: 30 mins lunch break
Cons: short breaks
Out of all the jobs i have been at has been experiencing customer service. I have worked in a lot of retail places dealing with customers and that is something I enjoy doing, I enjoy interacting with new people.
great company
Warehouse Operation Team Member (Former Employee), McDonough, GeorgiaJuly 28, 2014
unloading trucks
good management
this job is fairly simple. find your pace and keep it.
you get paid to workout
Great Place to Work
Price Signage Team Member (Current Employee), Omaha, NeJuly 27, 2014
Unload delivery trucks. Stock shelves. Customer Service.
fun fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJuly 27, 2014
Worked with customer which was very enjoyable. The hardest part about this job was being on your feet all day. I very much enjoyed the culture and work environment
Well established Company
Store Lead/Key Holder (Current Employee), Catonsville, MDJuly 27, 2014
This company caters to the family and its growing needs in a growing big business.
fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job is working and assisting the customer with helped and the outing the job had for the employees
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAJuly 26, 2014
I enjoyed working here everyday for the season, i had great coworkers that made the job fun. The hardest part was learning where everything went but the best part were the people that i worked with. They made the shifts go by quick.
nice
Cashier (Former Employee), Roseville, MIJuly 26, 2014
nice smooth job,
always a schedule change at the last minute
Fun place to work
Store Receiving Specialist (Former Employee), Corona, CAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: pay
This is a Great place to work for young adults or anyone who loves kids and toys.
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Queens, NYJuly 24, 2014
a typical day of work was assisting customers and face to face as well as in the phone. I learned how to effectively communicate with people and assist them in different inquires.
Exciting and busy place to work.
Assistant Director (Former Employee), Flanders, NJJuly 24, 2014
Pros: excellent benefit package:stock option, 401k, health/dental insurance, associate discountsand competitive salary
Cons: unpredictable work schedule, unrealitic goals
A typical day at Toy-R-Us would a extremely busy and face pace day with multiple challenges relating to both management and hourly associates in various store areas such operational / customer service aspects. There are numerous opportunities to sharpen one's thinking/ decision making skills and interpersonal skills. I learned how to motivate and train – more... people to do a particular task. I also learned about the EEO requirements for hiring, terminating and associates retention.
In additional, in house advancement is highly encouraged to ensure a long term commitment from an employee.
The hardest part of my job was meeting the sale budget goals with limited number of sale associates one could work on any particular day.

However, it was always enjoyable to see a big smile on a child's face when he / she received the toy that he/ she wished for.. – less
Hectic and understaffed, but can be fun at times
Key Holding Department Supervisor (Current Employee), Roseville, MIJuly 24, 2014
Pile a ton on your plate without giving you proper training or time to complete everything. Ontop of that they don't give the store enough hours to keep it staffed appropriately. Most of the co-workers are great and 75% of the guests are too, but the stress of the job sometimes makes it hard to enjoy.
Interesting experience...
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Woodridge, ILJuly 24, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, a lot to learn, always something new
Cons: insulting raises, disorganized store and management, staying late, metrics
Working here has certainly been...an experience, both good and bad. Sure, every retail place has its ups and downs. But this place certainly is one of a kind. This is a job that can be both exciting and stressful, heartwarming and heartbreaking, tedious and novelty, energizing and tiring. I don't regret the time I spent here, but I wouldn't do it again – more... either.

Good:
1. Flexible hours. Management was very understanding about availability.
2. We've had our ups and downs, but some coworkers were pretty awesome! They certainly made working there enjoyable, especially during season.
3. I learned how to do a lot here. I also learned more about humanity.
4. Great place to people watch.
5. Receive recognition for driving metrics felt rewarding.
6. Running around the store was good exercise.
7. Management is helpful usually helpful with issues and open to answer any questions.

Bad:
1. Some of management was flat out awesome. However, I can't really name one who wasn't disorganized. Granted, they have so much to deal with and so little time.
2. Customers. Some were very understanding and I genuinely enjoyed helping them, getting to know them a little. On the contrary, some seemed to forget that, behind the name tag, we are still people. (Albeit, this is everywhere.)
3. Pay is minimum wage, and raises are insulting for all the work that we do and what we put up with.
4. Sometimes it feels like management plays favorites. Very corrupt.
5. A lot of gossip and drama. (This too is everywhere, I'd imagine.)
6. It was tough saying goodbye to the seasonal employees.
7. My BIGGEST issue was metrics. (Credit card and reward sign ups, batteries, BPPs, etc..) It hardly mattered how well you did your job if you didn't drive metrics. What happened to the days when Toys R Us stood for bringing joy and happiness to children? When it comes down to it, all that matters now is sign ups. Plus, I don't want customers thinking I'm only nice to them in hopes they'd sign up for something. When I'm nice to them, I'm genuinely nice.
8. We were always overstaffed for opening and understaffed for closing. Sometimes we'd have to stay HOURS after close.
9. Little to no room for advancement.
10. Hours are cut in order to save this company money.
11. Employing discount wasn't too good, and didn't cover electronics.
12. Too cold in the winter and too warm in the summer, especially up front.
13. Doors beep for no reason. It's very annoying.
14. Management was too lenient towards customers. – less
Fun place to work
Seasonal Night Crew Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, OhioJuly 24, 2014
A good entry level position to learn what retail can be like. It can be stressful especially during the holiday season. Overall I learned a lot and was able to utilize my learned skills at another company.
Very good job especially if you have children it gives u a good idea of all the different toy types.
3rd Shift Stocker (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Racine, WIJuly 23, 2014
The biggest day of the year for retailers is black Friday which I worked. It was a pretty interesting experience and I would do it again. The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing you have a time limit to unload the trucks and get the merchandise out to the floor it motivates you on every level.

1 2 3 4 5

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more