Toys 'R' Us
3,718 reviews

Toys 'R' Us Employer Reviews

My first job. Very fun.
Sales Floor Representative/ Cashier (Former Employee), san diego caJanuary 26, 2015
I was only working here seasonal so eventually I got laid off. Working here I got to be a cashier or on the sales floor restocking toys back to their shelf. It was a fun experience. Also I got to help much in need costumers, especially on black Friday since they really needed to get their shooping out of the way. definitely a good way to start you job experience.
Fun workplace
Guest Service Team Member (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 26, 2015
You get to work with a bunch of different people. Having the option to work more than one department such as service, sales floor, stocking, overnight crew and electronics. You do have to be able to handle a lot of parents that are unsure of what they are looking for.
Fun Place to Work
Team Member (Current Employee), Salinas, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: fun, busy, exciting
Cons: short breaks, low compensation, no benefits, no upward mobility
TRU is a fun place to work. There is never a dull moment. Management is always on your side and the other employees are fun to talk to. However, compensation is lacking and upward mobility is close to impossible.
Fun and productive workplace with helpful coworkers and managers
Warehouse Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Ventura, CAJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day at work included organizing the floor inventory and sometimes in the warehouse. I would assist customers in any help that they needed. I had a handheld device that would give me alerts if we got an online order that needed to be filled or if a customer was here to pick up their online order. The experience I acquired working there further strengthened my skills in customer service, working efficiently in a busy environment, and organization of the warehouse and the floor inventory. The management there was some of the best I've worked with, they were always helpful and wanted to see me succeed. My co-workers were also very helpful. The hardest part of the job was all the work that had to be done during the month of December leading up to Christmas. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to assist parents and their children and seeing the reaction on the children's faces when they would get what they wanted.
toysrus
cashier (Former Employee), Dedham, MAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: discount on toys
Cons: short breaks
I loved working there and wished it wasn't a seasonal position. I caught on to the flow of the store very quickly it being the holiday season where the store was the busiest. The hardest part of the job overall was dealing with unsatisfied guest, but I always kept a smile and help them in a professional manner. the best part of the job was being able to see the kids happy and enjoying their visit at our store. My coworkers made it easy to get the day by faster everyone got along and was able to keep each other smiling ...
Productive and Fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Maplewood, MNJanuary 26, 2015
Very fast paced environment with fun things to do at MSP Airport! There are tons of things to do and staff are very friendly!
Toys R Us was good.
Back Of the House Team Member (Former Employee), Matteson, ILJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: fun, fast paced, new learning experiences.
Cons: "managers" play favoritism instead of thinking of the overall company success.
Great coworkers, fun and fast pace environment. I enjoy working with and helping others so I really enjoyed being employed with them. But the only thing that is wrong with them is when they break promises to a few customers and employees the same.

Some "managers" would tell us to forget about the customer and they would just have to come in and be mad at us for not having the item they order online but I would still try to contact those customers and inform them about the inconvenience and offer a different but similar item they would like as well. Then some "managers" don't really go for work quality but would rather hire those whom they're related to even though others are more qualified for the positions.
Would not recommend this employer
Front End Lead (Former Employee), Cedar Hill, TxJanuary 25, 2015
Horriable place to work, I was over worked for my pay. Management staff was very unprofessional. Management staff sleeping with each other on the job,
Good workplace to get your head right
Stock Clerk/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: goodies available on breaks, locker space, free holiday clothing for change in uniform
Cons: short breaks, seasonal, no outside breaks on night shift
There is a lot of lifting as a stock crew member, so if you have a bad back, heart, knees, etc. this is likely not the position for you. Staff are hard on you, especially if you're new, and especially if you're young. Some staff will be harder on you than others.
If this will be your first job, it will work nicely. You may not enjoy how tough they are on you, but it will definitely help you with keeping a good mindset for future jobs.
ok as first retail job
Sales Associate & Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Douglaston, NYJanuary 23, 2015
balance is off
low pay
attitudes
seniority takes precedence not work ethic
play favorites
make you work when you are sick
days off are good
hours good
managers could be more understanding of the schedule of a full time college student at the time
tough love
great customer service
I didn't work long enough.
Backroom Associate (Former Employee), Burbank, ILJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: i stayed out of trouble.
Cons: i didn't work enough hours their.
I helped unload trucks, I brought home a few checks that would satisfy an inexperienced 19 year old young man, but my time their was very short.
ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: friendly envirement
Cons: lack of supervision
First job while in high school. Not a bad experience. Hours were fine with school schedule.
One of my first jobs
Cashier/Department Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Very competitive during the holidays but I think it was a fun place to work and have my first hands on experiences as a department manager.
Brings out the kid in you while being productive.
Apparel Consultant/Back of House Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: fun working environment, raises
Cons: short shifts, not enough hours for employees
Assisting guest, merchandising products, restocking, cleaning were a few everyday task.
My drive to learn more pushed me to be able to assist in other areas of the store without supervision. I became very versatile with this company. I gained many skills, shipping and receiving, counting inventory, completing task in the warehouse, learning about toys and baby products. Management started going downhill and the store started to fall apart.
Position with public, inventory.
Sales Floor Mgr (Former Employee), Plainfield, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: managment program was top notch learning.
Cons: customer returns after christmas
Excellent training program.
Worked with employees, customers and inventory.
Christmas was actually a great time to work.
good place to work
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJanuary 21, 2015
liked working for this company wish they wouldn't have went out of business.
productive working place you learn a lot fun coworkers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: management would some times get us lunch and we had pot lucks
Cons: seasonal
clocked in see what i needed to do that day i worked in electronics side of toys r us i would check with back of house if we needed an item to front of the store they would bring up the item for the costumer i would re shop unwanted toys and put them back on the shelves

i learned to work register and a sapphire printing out labels and putting newer labels in its place stocking toys. i would hold video games for costumers until they were ready for check out

management was very friendly told me what to do if they needed some to do a cart run i would go and get the carts for them.

co workers we very nice we all respect each other we worked as a team.

hardest part of the job was cleaning up the isles for the next day
enjoyable part of the job was lunch time you could take a breather and rest yourself
Productive and fun work place.
Cashier (Former Employee), Meridian, IDJanuary 21, 2015
Went to work and started doing cashier
I learned how to work at a store envolving customer services, sales, and stocking shelves.
management was great, very nice people
My co-workers were all nice, funny peolple who always were happy
the hardest prt of the job was learning how to sale a product
the most enjoyable part was being a cashier and making people smile.
Great Place to Work
Seasonal Team Member (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: customers can be scandalous sometimes.
My typical day would be finding my zone, asking customers if they need help finding an item, help them find the item, keep my area as neat as possible while helping the customers and also remember when to take breaks and/or lunch.

Managers were cool just don't get on their bad side.

Hardest part of the job is the foot pain you really need comfortable shoes.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to satisfy a customer to my fullest extinct

My co-workers were really awesome because everyone worked as team and had each other's backs when we didn't know about a product or had to much to clean; we tag-teamed in rough situations.

I learned that you can't always please the customers needs so you have to watch your back with them. Sometimes you just have to have patience.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 21, 2015
fun place to work and the people are great to work with. It has its ups and downs but its a great place to work and to have fun with guest and the kids.

1 2 3 4 5

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more