Toys 'R' Us
3,507 reviews

Toys 'R' Us Employer Reviews

Temporary seasonal job
Back of House Associate (Former Employee), Reynoldsburg, OHNovember 24, 2014
It was a good job, it wasn't where I felt I needed or wanted to be
toy r us warehouse
Forklift/Pallet/Turret Side Operator (Former Employee), Flanders, NJNovember 24, 2014
well toys R Us is a really good place to work the pay me 12 dollar a hour and i was a turret driver the thing is that i could stay there because it was a season job. so they give me lay off. in my review is a great area to work a lot of friendly people there that help you understand the job.
fun place to work
cashier (Former Employee), Englewood, CONovember 24, 2014
Pros: was happy to know that i helped a parent ( paternal or grand) make a kids christmas wish come true
Cons: wasn't kept on after the season was over.
I had a lot of fun working here. always something to do or someone to help. i was always learning new things. i started out as a just being a cashier but was thought how to do returns quickly and as well as how to locate items in back of house. i wish i would've been kept on after the holidy season was over though.
A fast and upbeat atmosphere
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Killeen, TXNovember 24, 2014
My time at Toys R US was short but enjoyable. I was a seasonal employee and my job was to unload the trucks in the warehouse and stock the items that needed to go directly to the floor.
Fun place to work but lack of management
BOH Team Member (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 22, 2014
Cons: no overtime/ enough hours nor raises.
Place is a good start a first time job, but management is not really productive. A lot of favoritism there between them
Seasonal stocking
Night Shift Stocker (Former Employee), Citrus Heights, CANovember 22, 2014
Pros: extra money for holidays
Cons: seasonal, work hours
A typical day consisted of 10 pm start hour. Organizing and unloading new merchandise. Worked as a team to stock shelves with new products. Fast paced with an average of 2 to 3 large size shipments. End shift would be around 5 am. The hardest part about the job were getting used to the work hours.
Love the people work with
Pricing and Signage (Current Employee), McDonough, GANovember 21, 2014
I absolutely love the people I work with. I have learned a lot about pricing and signage from my supervisor. Management could be better. I learned through this job I can work alone but I can also work as a team.
Comfortable Working Environment
Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hayward, CANovember 20, 2014
A great place to work if you like interacting with a lot of people and multitasking. Co workers are very nice and helpful especially towards the new people. The managers and supervisors have favorites, they'll give others more hours and demote people to strictly cart runs. The most enjoyable part about the job is definitely the customers helping them – more... get their toys and putting a smile on their faces. – less
The events were great especially when the kids would be able to meet mascout.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Murrieta, CANovember 20, 2014
Pros: discounts and first hand look on promotions
Cons: holiday layoffs espeically when there were great people that you woule like to keep on.
Overall this was a good company to work for. I learned a lot and had some great experiences with this company.
iconsistent management.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, MONovember 20, 2014
for the work, pay was lousy.
district and regional management were inconsistent
not all stores are given the same advantages.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Bronx, NYNovember 20, 2014
Pros: toys
Cons: customers (only angry ones though)
A great place to be your inner-child. Customers are usually kind except when a specific toy isn't in stock anymore. Managers aren't over your back all the time, very cool and laid back. Co-Workers are very friendly and co-operative. The fun part is the ability to interact with the toys while assisting the customers.
fun, productive work place
Team Member (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDNovember 20, 2014
Pros: discount, fun and friendly
I assisted costumers, kept shelves stocked, ran cash reregister when needed. It is a laid back work place. Like most places, it has its problems but they are not manageable. If you like toys and can relate to kids this is a good place to be. Once you find a department you like or know well, you will be fine and fit in anywhere.
It's a great place to work.
Back of House Supervisor (Current Employee), west la , caNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great discount
Cons: short breaks
It is a great place to work, a lot to do and very friendly people
Fun place to work
Team Member (Former Employee), Davenport, IANovember 19, 2014
Pros: fast paced fun to work at great people
Cons: none that i can think of
Typical day at work would be helping customers find things they need or checking them out at the register, stocking shelves. Management was great, always telling you great job! Co-workers were great to and fun to work with. Hardest part of the job to me was when we'd get something new and not knowing exactly where it was and then not having something – more... the customer wanted. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with awesome co-workers and helping the customers and working in a toy store, i mean who doesn't want to work in a toy store right! I learned that even though it can be crazy in a toy store that you can simply make any kids day by helping them find the toy or game they were looking for. – less
Fast paced environment with skilled work experience
Temporary Sales Team Member (Former Employee), Silverdale, WANovember 19, 2014
Pros: experience working many fields in retail
Cons: little structure.
My employment with Toys R Us would involved working as a cashier, or the sales floor. When business was slow I would be requested to face inventory and stock returns. When business would increase, I would work as a cashier. Many days required facing inventory and check out customers. I always assisted customers to locate products and answer their questions – more... while on duty. – less
Fun place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE/TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), Totowa, NJNovember 19, 2014
Pros: improve organizational and listening skills
Cons: long hours at work
A typical day at work involved maintaining the store, manning the register, assisting manager and customers, taking calls and at times watching the store. I learned how to listen to my gut and take initiative. Co-workers were fun and friendly
Fun place to work.
cashier (Former Employee), Auburn, ALNovember 18, 2014
Cons: alot of people not doing thier job.
I always wanted to work in a toy store. It was fun learning and seeing new toys and old ones coming back.
I met some really nice people and great co- workers.
It was a not mind.
The hard thing was dealing with customers when they would not understand that some items where on sale not what they had. With such a face passed enviroment alot of signs were – more... misplaced so it was up to us to correct it. – less
Very Fun place to work
Team Member/Customer Service (Former Employee), Livingston, NJNovember 18, 2014
I learned all about the many toys learning and fun time toys, the up keep of the store and got to use my customer service skills.
Work hard and play hard (but not with sell-able product)
shipping and recieving (Former Employee), bloomingdale ILNovember 18, 2014
toys 'r' us was a great place to start off getting me into warehouse work, it was very hard and began with reconstructing the entire store for a re-model. after a few months of that the christmas season arrived and i got a lot of experience in fast paced stocking and recieving, as well as storage.
Fun Place for Kids
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Wayne, NJNovember 17, 2014
Good company with fun toys! The work life balance was OK. Good company culture.

1 2 3 4 5

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more