Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Found 4,540 reviews matching the search
Way past the peeking point.
Guest Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYFebruary 6, 2016
There are many mixed reviews on this place if one were to scour the internet looking for them. The locations are different therefore management is as well. Being a cashier is the easiest way to learn customer service skills. Management is overworked and underpaid. Everyone is overworked and underpaid for a less than living wage. The hardest part of the job is getting along with the employees you need to get a long with. Popularity matters in the location I worked in. I enjoyed seeing the kids and helping parents make the right choices based on experience.
Pros
Lunch breaks, 401k, fast paced
Cons
Not much room to advance
christmas temp greeter
Christmas temp, Greeter (Former Employee) –  USFebruary 4, 2016
a 4 week job over the Christmas period, I enjoyed working with staff and helping customers. I did security sometimes. it was my first job .
Pros
its a toy store
Cons
tempory contract
Toy store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIFebruary 3, 2016
Toys R Us was a fun place to work. The management was not all that great tho. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how happy the kids were when they bought a toy they really wanted.
Its a job
Sales Associate/PSC/SRS (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXFebruary 2, 2016
It's a retail environment so expect lots of stress, workers with a general lack of motivation, long hours, lower pay, incompetent management.
Fun Place to work
Toy Associate (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 2, 2016
The most enjoyably part of my job is to see the looks on the kids faces there parents purchase the toy that they really wanted. The management trained me very well.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
standing on my feet for long periods.
Good workplace, poor structure
E-commerce Vendor Fulfillment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJFebruary 2, 2016
Good place to work, management needs to have better structure. Not enough accountability of performance. Good mix of individuals; could use stronger talent search.
Fun place to work. Enjoyed the people.
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJFebruary 2, 2016
A very young company and plenty to do. My work day was always busy. I interacted with many different departments and was able to work independently.
Pros
gym
Cons
can be long hours
seasonal job
Sales of IPods (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAFebruary 1, 2016
Was a pretty good job only worked there as a seasonal cashier and electronics salesman so i didn't get to spend much time there but the people there were pretty nice and knew what they were doing.
Fast Paced work environment
Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYFebruary 1, 2016
While working at Toys R Us, during seasonal it was very fast paced and busy. I learned how to interact with customers better being able to boost my communication skills. The manager were very helpful but not all the time, I think they could be a little better in how they handled certain situations, but as for my co-workers, they made it a fun work environment. The most hardest part of the job was trying to encourage customers to apply for the store credit card, and the most enjoyable part was helping many people just to put a smile on their faces.
Pros
Store Discount
Cons
Very short breaks
hadrwork
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 31, 2016
everyday lift, push, pull.. unload a container truck. you must 100% physically fit for this job... avoid commit even a single mistake...
Pros
sometimes free snack...
Cons
short break
Just a retail job
Back of House Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJanuary 31, 2016
Hard labor with little to no reward in the end. Avoid this company unless you have no other options to choose from. Pay is an insult to the hard work put in.
Pros
friendly employees
Cons
poor management
The Bad and Bad with TRU (JUST the store I worked at)
Shipping/Receiving Supervisor and Key holder (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2016
Working with a large number of customers, working on sock, keyholding, visual, register, all at the same time, all the time for months. Little chance to properly advance. This ONLY applies to the store I worked at, I'm sure it's not the same universally.
Pros
Schedule towards the end
Cons
Doing the job of 6 people by myself and getting paid insufficiently, hard work didn't advance you, insufficient ayroll help to spread out all the duties I was forced to patake in
great workplace
Assembler/Production, cashier (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 30, 2016
its exactly what it looks like toys r us is one of the best jobs ive ever had fun exciting energetic workplace would love to go back.
It was good working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 29, 2016
I was here for seasonal so it was pretty busy all the time. I loved all the people that I worked with. It was a fun environment, I enjoyed working there. Best part was closing because you could stay later and gain more hours. That was plus. What I didn't like was closing also because of all the re-shop you had to do. It was always a lot of re-shop items in a lot of carts but it was very time consuming.
Pros
you could call in for shifts, you could do overtime on certain days
Cons
short breaks, sometimes the hours they gave you
some imporovemnet
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJanuary 29, 2016
I learned about inventory. the job was pretty easy and I liked how it was busy but also not busy and there was always something to do.
Pros
a discount of stuff for your kids
Cons
the pay and hours
Loved this job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 29, 2016
I loved working at Toys R US. I worked through Christmas and it was so fun to help people find the right gifts for their children and Black Friday was a blast.
It can be fun
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 28, 2016
Its a great starting job. The company is fairly easy to move up in. The general management can be sketchy with how useful they are, some of them are really good though.
Pros
Get to see all the new toys.
Cons
Few Benefits.
Good
Toys R Us (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 28, 2016
Working here was okay, the pay was good but there wasn't much to do during the day other than answering the customers questions, cash them out or straightening the aisles.
Productive and work fun enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  South Attleboro, MAJanuary 28, 2016
Seasonal position included promised hours, over time hours and call in's. Good work environment with other employees, fast paced with good teamwork. Regional managers and store managers gave posotive attitude all the time, always helped customers and workers.
Pros
30 minute break, able to carry a drink as long as not open infront of customers
Cons
Minimum staff at times.
Not a place to advance
Customer Service/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 28, 2016
Full time jobs rarely come up, they start at minimum wage. When it comes to raises they get by cheaply as possible. Good work could earn you only ten cents, which isn't really worth it. Don't get sick, because even with doctors notes they will get rid of you. Management is difficult to deal with, don't really care about their employees. I wouldn't even waste my time applying here.
Pros
paid time off, and vacation
Cons
management, minimum wage