Toys 'R' Us
3,217 reviews

Toys 'R' Us Employer Reviews

Toys r us
STORE ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Former Employee), Indianapolis IndianaSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: getting alot of hours
Cons: it was only seasonal
A typical day at work is just busy 24/7. I learned how to do retail work and i have gotten better with my customer service skills.My co-workers was very helping with teaching me things on my first day and the managers was helping and always had good attitude.The hardest part of the job would be putting buybacks backs cause they changed so many times – more... where the toys should go. – less
Productive and very Fun Place to Work
Sales Team member / Guest Service Rep (Former Employee), Kingston, NYSeptember 19, 2014
When im working at Toys R Us i get to interact with kids ands adults looking for the right toys and games for themselves and there children i learned management skills and guest service skills. i always loved to greet and assist guest with a smile so it wasnt hard to enjoy the work place. i helped my co workers feel welcome and helped them understand – more... the job and what they was required to do. the most enjoyable part of my job was just interacting with guest building there trust and reaching metric goals at the end of the night . – less
Multi tasking
Store Associate (Former Employee), Plaza Las Americas, Hato Rey, P.R.September 19, 2014
Cons: healthcare and 401k
Worked at a high security department with high dollar value items. Also worked in sales floor, as a merchandiser,as well as in the warehouse receiving and restocking.
Was a cashier,Team leader,issued inventory counts.
Issued Price and promotion changes.
Worked at customer service desk, and as a cashier.
Worked interviewing, recruiting and training Christmas – more... Season employees and assign them to their new work station.

Had great co worker interactivities – less
Seasonal Cashier
Sales Associate (Former Employee), AieaSeptember 18, 2014
If you love a fast-paced working environment then I highly suggest working at Toys R Us during the holidays because that was extremly stressful!
Hostile Seasonal Times
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Peoria,IllinoisSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: long hours
Cons: stressful work environment
A typical day at work was handling customer request while answering phone calls and keeping the cleanliness of the store. I was also responsible for racking up the carts. What I learned from that job was multi-tasking while working with team member needs.My co-worker helped when it came to reshop but they also can create more work for you.The hardest – more... part of the job was keeping in mind the five customers at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with cool emplopyees. – less
Fun place to work
Reciving and Stocker (Former Employee), Rochester, MNSeptember 17, 2014
Job was not to hard, got to see the new toys before they hit the floor, great co-works.
Still stop in to visit from time to time
good job
Dock Worker/Stock Person (Former Employee), Horsham, PASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: geat job and hours
Cons: not very good pay
this was a good job for me because of hours.did not work here long because I relocated to Delaware.i like the warehouse type environment which is a big plus.
Seasonal Job
Cashier/Sales Floor (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Thornton, COSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: enjoyable job, experience in retail.
Cons: low salary, no benefits.
Responsibilities included greeting guests, helping guests find items, checking guests out at the register, price checks, re-shop, straightening the sales floor, customer service, etc.

This was my first retail job, but I already had so much experience in customer service that I was comfortable engaging and helping customers in their shopping experience.

The – more... management was very professional, and the staff was very welcoming and kind-hearted. The hardest part of the job was it was an adjustment from what I was used to, but I quickly settled in.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping expectant mothers find what they needed for their new babies. – less
fun and amazing place
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee), Bradley, ILSeptember 17, 2014
this company was amazing to work for my mother was my boss. everyone i worked with was amazing and i learned alot form everyone. when my mom passed away i just could not stay.
Very Unstable
Global Brand Manager (Former Employee), Wayne, NJSeptember 17, 2014
Very fun place to work but financially unstable!
The job is very enjoyable and my coworkers were the best in the biz!
a nice place to work
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Modesto, CASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: nice hours and atmosphere
Cons: too short of breaks
working with nice people and with the public. learned how to make and manage layaways and electronic inventories. management was pleasant and the co-workers are very nice.
I think that this is one of the best company to be employed with
Department Manager (Former Employee), Jackson, MSSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: good
I really enjoy working for this company, I think that Toy r rus sell the best toys for children all over the world
Best place to work at that time....
Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: new owners
My dream job during the time I used to work there. Before new owners came in the previous management was awesome. They helped to you bring the best in you. Make you want it to come to work everyday. Wish I could find a place like that.
Had a blast
Seasonal Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: steady hours, can listen to music
Cons: can not leave for lunch
This was a seasonal job and I enjoyed it while I was there. I enjoyed my manager and my job!!
Seasonal job.
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: very nice co-workers
Cons: seasonal job and untrusting managers.
Not a very comfortable place to work at but, the nice co-workers made it atleast alittle easier to deal with.
happy cheerful team
Cashier (Former Employee), COPLEY, OHIOSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: only seasonal
at toys r us i was a cashier during Christmas season i was only seasonal but i loved it my job was simple when i wasn't at the cash register i was doing shop backs. the people that i worked with were great and i wouldn't mind going back
Productive Workplace with great Management staff
Back of House Specialist (Former Employee), Long Island City, NYSeptember 15, 2014
A typical day of work consisted on tackling major projects such as off-loading trucks, replenishing the sales floor, and maintaining inventory within a small period of time. Management always created a feel of support when it came to having questions big and small. The most enjoying part of my job was the sense of accomplishment after each day completing – more... its set tasks. – less
N/A
Coordinator, Executive Guest Services (Current Employee), Wayne, NJSeptember 15, 2014
Great co-workers, good work culture and environment.

Responsible for ensuring guest satisfaction by answering guest calls, emails and letters and rapidly responding to any inquiries or requests while maintaining a service oriented and empathetic manner. Communicating and partnering with departments and divisions to quickly resolve guest issues
It's a good place to work.
Front end Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pineville,NCSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: great discounts for the employees.
Cons: health benefits are very poor they need improvement.
It gave me some of the skills I use today. A typical day BRU, is giving the guest a pleasant shopping experience .With knowledgeable co-workers ,friendly management ! The hardest part of the job is nothing at all . The enjoyable part is when it is really busy .
i wouldnt recommend it, extremely stressful
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), atlanta, ga.September 14, 2014
Can be extremely stressful. Too many unrealistic expectations.

1 2 3 4 5

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more