Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Found 7,321 reviews matching the search
Clean and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 17, 2017
I loved toys r us, the workers are polite and efficient and everyone always gets the job done. I love interacting with the customers and seeing little kids light up when they get something new
night stocker
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2017
This was one of my first jobs many years ago. I worked at night stocking the store shelves. The job was pretty nice, I kept busy during work hours. So time went by really fast. Good people to work with.
Sales/ Maintenance Staff (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 16, 2017
Great co-workers positive energy. Not enough hours. Great for students or retirees. Hours pick up for the Christmas season. Great discount for employees.
comfortable and fun work environment
Seasonal Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2017
woking at toys r us was fun and pretty exciting from what you can expect from a toy store. it was clean and orderly and always professional. I learned about presentation and tourist attraction
Pros
hour lunch breaks
Appears company growth is in decline, appears unstable
Senior Technical Engineer - Consultant for ToysRUS (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 16, 2017
If you are seeking short term employment you may like this place but if you are seeking a career I don't think this company would be a wise choice. Get everything in writing before you accept from HR.
Pros
Cons
location
not a fun place to work
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 16, 2017
disrespectful, and no fun comes out of it. small break room, they only care about the customers and not the employees. the only good that comes out of it. was seeing kids happy when they got there toys
Cons
bad workplace
The best part
Baby registry consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 16, 2017
The best part of this job is seeing all the cute little babies. If you want something to do this is the place for you it is so busy before holidays. so be prepared!!
Pros
kids
Cons
short breaks
TRU Management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INAugust 16, 2017
Always on the go! TRU is a nonstop working environment. During the holiday season it's crazy fun/stressful. One minute you might be unloading a truck, the next minute an upset guest is trying to kill you because we are out of Furbys.
overall experience
BACK OF HOUSE DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 15, 2017
I thought it would be a better environment than it was. Not as playful and cheerful of an atmosphere. Did not see eye to eye with management and how they handled situations within the store.
Great Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJAugust 15, 2017
It was a great first job. It was a great way to learn all the aspects of working in retail. I was even fortunate enough to learn what kind of work goes in behind the scenes.
Merchandising
Team Member/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 15, 2017
At first the hardest part of the job was merchandising and learning where items belong. the most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with the customers in their need of assistance
Pros
etc
Cons
short breaks
if its not school or christmas or holloween the hours are lum
Bike Assembler / Customer support (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDAugust 14, 2017
This is a job for those who need secondary income
as well
good for people who are parenting and those who want to go on maternity leave but have a job after
Pros
Cons
not enough hours for the rate
Stocker
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 14, 2017
Ovenight work, long hours and not enough brakes. Manangers are nice and easy to get along with. i would stock fast so i would stand aroud alot with nothinh to do
fun
Cashier and Sales floor (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIAugust 14, 2017
worked at cashier until i went on the floor and did inventory and put backs, help find customers certain items that they are looking for.suggested toy r us credit cards.
Customer Service Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stevenson Ranch, CAAugust 14, 2017
Upsale rewards cards, credit cards, warranties and batteries. That is how you receive hours or else you will work 20 hours or less. Overall not too bad of a place to work make some extra money.
Kid Friendly
Merchandiser/Cashier/Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 14, 2017
I was responsible for Furniture Dept. placing special orders for pick-up and or delivery. Assist customers with registering and Stocking Area.
Promoted to HR while under going Knew Management..
Babies R Us...
Fun workplace but has its flaws
Back of House Team Member (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIAugust 13, 2017
Great staff , fun job and loved working there but low pay and low chance of advancement. Good team with good team ethics. low value of each individual and their own ability's.
Pros
flexible hours, Great Staff
Cons
Sometimes not understanding of home life.
nice
Shipper/Unloader/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 13, 2017
people may think working at this job is a place to be slow off holidays but I feel it to be busy all year around there's a lot of things to do and to learn.
Pros
good moral
Cons
N/a
stocker
Warehouse and Remodel Crew (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 13, 2017
Job consisted of stocking and unloading trucks. Hours varied but still got a full week in. On truck days may need being in as early as 3am but other then that usually around 6am to stock shelves before store opened
Terrible
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 13, 2017
At Toys R Us, I had the worst experience ever. Management never called me to come in, I basically had to beg for my hours. Never wanted me to clean up the place, always complaining. I loved having the customers to talk to and get to know as well as the kids.
Pros
Kids
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval