Toys 'R' Us
4,180 reviews

Toys 'R' Us United States Employee Reviews

Typical Retail Environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Copley, OHApril 22, 2015
Pros: Good team atmosphere, Flexible hours
Cons: Hard to move up
The team is fun to work with and scheduling is flexible. Managers often not accessible. Will be asked to cover shifts of other employees on short notice but doing so will result in more hours.
Tough hours, high stress, low compensation, no loyalty
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), NYApril 22, 2015
Pros: happy environment on babies side with babies
Cons: zero loyalty, long hours, no appreciation, poor pay, low raises, stressful environment
Company is on a spiral down, loyalty is poor. Management is heartless and does not make it easy to have a home life. Season is insane, peers and coworkers are great, made lots of friends but disappointed by their lack of loyalty.
Fun to work with
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Hazlet, NJApril 22, 2015
A typical day at work will be standing for long periods of hours servicing people and there needs .helping the best way I know how .
It was a good job.
Floor and Backroom. (Former Employee), Hamden, CT and Westport, CTApril 21, 2015
Pros: I got to do what I love.
Cons: Low hours after Christmas.
I worked in the backroom and I unloaded trucks and, pulled orders for people. I loved working in the backroom and being allowed to do my job.
fun place to work , as long as you get the job done
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 21, 2015
Pros: nice break area, fun place to work
Cons: none
its good overall just gets real busy during the holidays. i love everything about it from the people to the customers. i also learned how to connect with the customers depending on what they were looking for .
Too Many Chiefs, Not Enough Indians
Sales (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: helping children find the toy they want
Cons: Health benefits are lacking, lack of breaks (lunches) in some cases
Poorly staffed, employees there expected to work above and beyond their job title/pay grade, senior management at odds with each other, department managers being told to do different things by each member of senior management, never leave on time, faulty equipment to do work with, roof leaks when it rains, shipping of items purchased online forced upon the stores, no chance of advancement, good employees forced out, not allowed to have a second job, scheduling is all over the place. DO NOT work here unless you absolutely need a job.
Toys R Us
Back of House Team Member (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKApril 21, 2015
Working at Toys was fun. I love children have a son of my own. Love building things up and serving customers, a basic day required constant maintenance of the store because kids pick things up and place them in wrong isles. Filling personal orders to get ready for pick up, carrying cribs, bed sets, and Toy cars out for customers. However the worst part would be close because yeah the store closes at 9 but we still have to make it presentable for the next day, so usually we would stay a hr and a half past close. That never really bothered me though.
Regular Work place
Cashier/ CSR Representative (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJApril 21, 2015
Pros: Great Co workers
Cons: Barely any customers
Cashier/Customer Service Representative was fun working at toy r us did get really busy during the holidays especially around Christmas timing with parents shopping for their little ones.
Positive Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pasadena, MDApril 21, 2015
Outstanding service
Fast paced job
Very organized
Best part was helping out the guest.
unloading the trucks was a good moment to bond with co-workers because you had to use teamwork.
productive and fast paced work, alot of walking too.
Off Hours Stock Crew Member (Former Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLApril 21, 2015
Pros: co-workers would bring food from the house for the whole crew.
Cons: It was an overnight shift.
I Learned how to use the back stock scanners, use a baler, and print the price tags. My co-workers were cool and hard workers. the hardest part was all the walking and heavy lifting. The most enjoyable part was that the work was hands on. We had excellent management.
Challenging work enviroment
BOH Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 20, 2015
Pros: Workload
Cons: Pay
A typical day at work consist of bay audits and stock functions aswell of taking care of department functions as well of all shipping and receiving daily duties and also customer support.
Not a great place to work
Cashier/customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Eatontown, NJApril 19, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: promise over time and would lie about benifits
very unorganized, management has no idea what they are doing and take their mistakes out on the employees. The whole store was always a mess and the other employees where lazy and expected others to pick up their slack. very bad company to work for
Fun environment work place
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Stockton, CAApril 18, 2015
Pros: Fast paced during the holiday season
Cons: slow and less hours during normal season
I would be up front cashiering or in the electronic department. I would tidy up the front end of the store. I would help out as a sales associate at times and assisted customers finding items. I learned that i loved working in a fast paced environment. The hardest part of the job was volunteering to wear the Geoffrey costume. What I loved most about working at Toys R Us is the gratitude customers would have when you would do everything possible to help them find an item.
A great place to work I have repeating customer due to my great customer service skills
Back of House Supervisor /Order Manager (Former Employee), Florence, SCApril 18, 2015
My day would start 4am unloading truck by the time store opended I would attain to customers and help them in finding products or ordering a product if I couldn't assist the customer then my manager would step in or a coworker would step in to help.I loved helping customers with a difficult order.I learned that unloading a 2000 piece truck is not really that hard.
Customer Service
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAApril 17, 2015
Typically I provide customer service, operate a cash register so cash handling is involved and train new employees. I answer telephones and use critical thinking to solve problems.
seasonal
Overnight Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 17, 2015
management actually said thank you after every shift worked and commended on a job well done.
work load started out light then picked around the holidays as expected
i miss working for them it was a rewarding experience
Backhouse Specialist (Former Employee), Burlington, NJApril 17, 2015
Pros: manager would treat staff to drive golas
Cons: healthcare wasnt great but still not bad
great place to work .if im not doing daily audits or checking inventory ,I'm helping customers and kids find what there looking for from bikes to skates,and if we didn't carry your item I'd tell where you can find something like it. even if I had a bad day the team including management would rally behind me to give support it was almost like a family unit ,I inspired my co workers to go hard and gave of my time freely to those whom needed my help or information to complete a task . even when we had problems I always had a way to get the answer best part was to see a child that you helped and a happy returning customer was my personal bottom line
Productive Fun Place to Work
Supervisor Check and Vendor Services (Current Employee), Wayne, NJApril 16, 2015
I have had the pleasure of working for Toys R Us for 24 years and would recommend it to anyone. It is a great company that will be around forever. The people who work here are like family.
Decent place, fun people to work with, bit rough management
Sales Team Member (Former Employee), Aurora, COApril 16, 2015
Pros: Was fun and friendly environment for the most part
Cons: N/A haven't been there for about a year, can't determine if things changed
My supervisor and manager at the time were a bit rough and wanted me to come in on a day I wasn't scheduled, ended up leaving because I had to prioritize school.
Productive workplace, great for a first job.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Aventura, FLApril 16, 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job was helping first time parents. No better feeling than that. Every now and then HR would spice up work and we.d have these little activity days.

1 2 3 4 5

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more

Toys 'R' Us Salaries