Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,380 reviews matching the search
toysrus Seasonal Job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJJuly 25, 2016
This was a seasonal job from the beginning so I knew exactly what I was getting into. I was working in the video games department so I knew a lot about what they had me selling.
Pros
got to help customers
Cons
seasonal job
Fun Workplace
Guests Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAJuly 24, 2016
I learned a lot from this job, and it was a great first job. I was very close to the store team, and we have all kept in touch routing each other on as we further our careers. Toys R Us is very group oriented and likes to encourage team work and creativity. The benefits are decent and the hours are there if you are a hard worker.
A great place to work and go to school.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 24, 2016
Very accommodating to University schedules. A terrific place to learn the the essentials to customer service and helping with every customers individual needs.
Fun Workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJuly 23, 2016
my typical day at work was good i learned to do merchandizing, stock inventory, and customer service. The co-workers were very friendly with me i got anlong with everybody. the Manager was also a very nice person.
Pros
breaks and lunchtime
Cons
n/a
So not a fun place for employees
SRS (Former Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYJuly 23, 2016
Awful management who are rude and uncaring towards employees. They may provide lots of joy to the children they are providing products for but it is a miserable place for employees. They don't treat employees all the same. They do have favorites. Advancing is practically impossible.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Treat employees badly
It is a fun place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 22, 2016
It is a seasonal store. A few peak seasons where everything is crazy, and dead time in between where the store is minimally staffed. There is a lot of turnaround with a primarily seasonal workforce, so training and having a good core crew are paramount. But with that, there is a lot of fresh energy in the building right at the time when the stores need it most,
It ok for a very first job
Dept. Supervisor (Former Employee) –  901 Ave of AmericasJuly 21, 2016
The pay rate and raises could be better.
I did learned a lot of customer service skills while working there.
The hardest part of the job was not having 100% support from the higher ups when needed.
The most enjoyable of the job was helping the customer get that particular toy that they needed.
The co-workers is also what makes the job more enjoyable because while working there see the same people day in and day out, you became like a family with these people.
Pros
Making the kid happy when you get them exactly what there needed
Cons
The pay rate could be a bit better
An experience
bike assembler/ sales associate (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYJuly 21, 2016
I come in go straight to my station of work in the back and build, build, build. But if they are low in staff I step in and help them on the floor when they need me. I learned how dependent people are and how to deal with aggressive customers. I learn to listen to customers first and then explain how I can help them. Coworkers are friendly. Hardest part of the job is that nothing is hard everything is fairly equally. Noting is easy or hard its fair. The enjoyable part was the people I meet there.
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJuly 20, 2016
A lot of positive attitudes, they are all kind and a lot of hard workers. I did the cashier and it was not bad at all even if it was pretty difficult at first but then I got used to jt
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Horseheads, NYJuly 19, 2016
Nice environment with people who work as a team. The management is a group of fine individuals who know how to make each team member feel welcomed to the company
Pros
A good reference
Cons
Can't really think of any bad parts of the job
Cool Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJuly 19, 2016
Clocked in and worked at Customer Service desk, answering phone calls, looking up products, putting products on hold, ringing up products for customers. Hardest part was the late hours at night cleaning. The most enjoyable is working with co-workers.
Pros
break room to keep food.
Cons
discount only 10%
Productive and positive work enviorment with daily motivation and encouragement
BOH Team Member (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJuly 19, 2016
A normal day at Toys R Us was decent. No confusing, fair communication, great team work and effort. Goals met daily.

I learned that no matter how old you get, you were once a child before an adult.

Management, was decent. Encouraging and motivating, hard working, nice, fair minded.

Co-Workers were Helpful, nice, motivated, encouraging, team workers.

The hardest part of my job was dealing with short staff. A lot of times we were short handed but that never stopped us from getting the job done.

The most enjoyable part of my job, was seeing the children get exactly what they wanted.
Pros
Fulfiling a childs dream
Cons
Short Handed Staff
wouldve been fun if supervisor was nicer
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAJuly 19, 2016
my first day was scary, I was put into something I had known nothing about nd was told basically to do it
minimal to no training at all
supervisor was rude and told us "no talking allowed" in firm voice
BUT did learn a little about scanners, crc, salvage and backroom warehouse
Good seasonal work
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baileys Crossroads, VAJuly 19, 2016
Ive worked for them during two different holiday periods its fun. The hardest part of the job is putting back all the toys.
Store managers are great. Corporate is unrealistic.
Service Area / Cashier / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 16, 2016
The policies change consistently so many customers are confused and angered by the changes in returns. This usually leads to them yelling at service area associates, who have absolutely nothing to do with the change. Higher up management pressures store managers to achieve unrealistic goals, which in turn puts pressure on team members. I personally have come to blame corporate. They claim that flawless execution is one of their mottos, yet they change their mind frequently when their plans do not work.
Pros
10% off discount, coworkers are friendly
Cons
changing goals and policies
Well put together company
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJuly 16, 2016
I did my work and entr'acte with employees at sears and customers in sears and entr'acte with area manager with the company
Pros
fair and good
Cons
fair and just
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 15, 2016
My typical work day involved me either working at a cash register, or being out on the sales floor helping customers find what they are looking for. Sometimes I went from one to the other, and I was always straightening up displays in my free time. I learned a lot of valuable customer service skills, and honestly I enjoyed the job for the most part. My managers and supervisors were all great, and my coworkers were nice. I think the hardest part of the job was dealing with particularly difficult customers, as they would expect me to go against protocols to make them happy. I really enjoyed helping customers, though. They always seemed happy to find someone to help them find their Christmas gifts for their kids.
fast paced working field.
Customer Service/Front Desk/MOD (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJuly 15, 2016
You get to know your coworkers easily, you learn to work at a fast pace while being organized and a calm attitude.
Toy knowledge goes from 1 to 100 quick.
Super fun and busy environment
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2016
I recommend this job position to anyone I enjoyed my time there it was always busy filled with happiness with the holidays coming up.
Pros
Meeting peeople.
Cons
seasonal
Typical Retail Work
Cashier and Stocker (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SC 29579July 15, 2016
This is just a typical retail job, though if you can't take screaming and crying kids, may not be for you. Long hours on feet, low pay, promise of advancement with no delivery.

Typical Retail Job.
Pros
It's a job... It pays money.
Cons
Usual Company Lies and BS