Toys 'R' Us
3,869 reviews

Toys 'R' Us Employer Reviews

A typical day at a toy retail store
Maintenance (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAMarch 2, 2015
I was there for only seasonal. In the beginning it was problem as it was only my 2nd job and the management was all off. I did basics of cleaning the bathrooms, sweeping the store, and cart retrieval along with customer service. There wasn't much hard part of the job itself
worst
stock (Former Employee), yorktown, nyMarch 2, 2015
don't like the work as a long term place to work but it is something good just to earn extra pocket cash. no opportunities offered in this company and they will just use you promise one thing and give you another and let you go.
Only seasonal for Christmas season
Seasonal Stocker (Former Employee), Dedham, MAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: seeing all of the new toys come out since i have young children
Cons: wanting to buy everything
Work was steady always busy with stocking shelves and assisting customers with their shopping needs. The hardest part of the job was trying to put items away and making sure no customers were impacted with the number of boxes on the floor.
Employers were rude
Cashier (Former Employee), Stockton, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: potluck
Cons: short breaks, no benefits, horrible managing
Arrived to work, was told to grab a basket and restock the shelves and clean up the isles every day. I learned that people you work with are not always nice and the way they treat you depends on how they would like to treat you.The managers did not care how my coworkers treated me. My coworkers were rude and because they worked there longer than me they were given more hours to work. was having to deal with rude co workers. The little kid's faces would light up when I would help them find a toy.
Fun
Bike Assembler/Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 28, 2015
My job at toys r us was fun and I loved to go to work everyday. I enjoyed helping customers the place was always busy so something to do.
General review
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: 10% discouint, easy holiday and b-day shopping for kids, can be fun and exciting at times
Cons: very chaotic during the holiday and summer seasons. lots of turnover with management and personnel.
It's a fun part time job. The people I work with are great. Can get chaotic during the holiday season. Difficult to get full time work/upward mobility.
Fun Place to Work, Most of the Time
o Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Babies R Us 9250February 27, 2015
Pros: location, flexibility
As an Assistant Manager I wore many hats in one day. I learned in this position how important it was to follow up with my team individually to show them the how and whys of what I am asking them to do. I enjoy results and was able to see many with every job I've had. The hardest part of this job was handling my store manager when she would break down into tears before a corporate visit.
Its a great place to work
Cart Attendant (Former Employee), PeoriaFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: it was fine
Cons: not much
The work environment was great. Everyone was friendly and really nice and we all got along. My manager was very generous, he paid for so many of our pizza parties out of his own pocket. He was awesome.
getting along with team members and helping each other
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Braintree, MAFebruary 26, 2015
i enjoy the people i work with, most enjoyable was seeing children as newborns and before you know it they are 10, a day at work included answering phones, waiting on customers, doing a few things on the computer, working on a cash register and also doing markdowns for apparell
fun and productive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Eugene, ORFebruary 26, 2015
it was a great place to work for seasonal.. management was awesome. except the person who comes in at night and is really picky
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Duluth, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Described merchandise and explain operation of merchandise to customers.
Maintained knowledge of current promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
Operated a cash register to process cash, check and credit card transactions.
Explained information about the quality, value and style of products to Influence customer buying decisions.
Replenished floor stock and processed shipments to ensure product availability for customers.
work place
Manager of Sales & Use Tax (Current Employee), Wayne, NJFebruary 25, 2015
very challenging and an always working environment with all new ideas being implemented across all areas of retail. Kept busy at all times but not enough room for career advancement or education.
Not really a great place
Baby Registry Associate, Crossed-trained (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: get to work with toys
Cons: benefits suck, hours never consistent, had to kiss butts to get promotions that never lasted
The store that I worked at, you really had to kiss butts to get ahead anywhere as far as promotions. Hours were never consistent. one week you had 30 hrs, the next you only had 5.
Seasonal
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Rockville, MDFebruary 25, 2015
I do not remember much about the job. I could say the manger was very nice with giving extra hours. it was an seasonal job while I attend high school.
Just wish the drive to get there wasn't so long...
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Vista, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: very guest focused, helping new families realize their dreams
Cons: too far to travel with rotating schedule, needs more transfer flexibility.
Don't get me wrong, I loved working for "R" Us, both at Babies "R" Us and Toys "R" Us. You get to spend time with families and help them realize their dreams; that goes for the guests as well as the Team Members.

Generally speaking, as an Assistant Manager you will usually have a core set of responsibilities (either Merchandising or Operational) that need to be reviewed/accomplished weekly through team training and delegation and follow-up, and you will also have a variety of side projects of differing levels of importance that will also need to be accomplished that may change from day to day or week to week. In addition, you must keep cognizant of sales and key selling metrics.

For me, the hardest part of the job was the commute. As a retail professional, I highly enjoyed most of my time at the store, but driving over an hour to and from work ate significantly into my pay as the single earner in my family. That, coupled with a rotating schedule, had me almost asleep behind the wheel of my car when I had to close at night then open the next morning. Unfortunately, transfer was unavailable from the location I was in,

The hours this position will demand of you can be daunting, especially during the holiday season, but if it wasn't for the drive/lack of transfer availability I would still be there.
Fun work environment
Department Manager (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 24, 2015
This job let me grow as a person and become a leader not only for the store but also outside of work as well. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers during the holiday season but when you know your making a child happy by playing the part of getting that special toy to them, that just makes everything better!
Not really the best enviorment for me
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Niles, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Typical day at work included working the register, restocking and organizing shelves and assisting guests. Learned how to operate register, work with checks and cash, and finding products. Management and coworkers were alittle too unfriendly. Hardest part was working black Friday sales. Most enjoyable was working the register. I just loved greeting people, working with the technology and just the overall aspect of it.
Productive and friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), AtlantaFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free meals on holidays
Cons: short break
Toys R Us is a very exciting place to work. I learend how to provide excellent customer service for both adults and children. Management helped me through ever problem i came across. My co workers were very friendly and we always work together to complete task in the workplace. Hardest part of the job was probably reshopping the store. The most enjoyable part of working for Toys R Us was them teaching me the fundementals of team work.
nice place to meet people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJFebruary 24, 2015
Worked cashier during busy shifts.
Took care of floor merchandise and clean-up.
Assisted incoming customers with all questions and purchases.
Friendly, fun work environment.
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Chandler, AZFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: good breaks, friendly environment
Cons: staying super late due to messy store.
I loved working here! Wish it wasn't seasonal. Had a fun time fixing aisles and rearranging them, working with kids, and learning different areas. Kids weren't the obnoxious ones-- it was the parents! So incredibly rude. Co-workers and management was awesome and friendly. Would recommend for a first job!

1 2 3 4 5

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more