Toys 'R' Us
4,064 reviews

Toys 'R' Us Employer Reviews

Seasonal job
Seasonal (Former Employee), MarylandMarch 28, 2015
Seemed ok for seasonal job. It was of course busy during holiday season. Training not a strong point, it was left to other employees to instruct new employees in the particular area I was in.
fun outgoing place to work
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Bridgeport, WVMarch 28, 2015
Even though it was only a seasonal job, it kept me busy, it was a fun environment to work in. Pleasant experience. I would recommend it as a good place to gain experience.
Friendly Enviornment
Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Carle Place, NYMarch 28, 2015
Cons: Short breaks
My seasonal position was during the Christmas holiday. A typical day was always fast paced and busy from open to close. I learned to have patience with customers and great time management when it came to long lines and estimating how much time should be spent ringing up a customer's items. Management was okay. You could tell who was serious about their job. My co-workers were very diverse. There were always new people working there. Friendly environment at all times. The hardest part of the job was getting customers to apply for the stores credit card. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the kids leaving the store happy and interacting with customers.
Fun exciting place to work
Infant Care Consultant, Registry Advisor (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILMarch 27, 2015
Enjoyable atmosphere. Friendly staff. Policies not always followed. Managers didn't back up the policies that are stated when employee reiterates them to customer. Not enough hours to finish work that had been un done by previous shift.
poor management
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COMarch 27, 2015
co-workers may be unfriendly same with management. Hours are fairly irregular. shift changes are made without notification
TOYS R US
Cashier (Former Employee), Union City, NJMarch 26, 2015
THIS JOB WAS A LOT OF FUN, SPECIALLY FOR CHRISTMAS SEASON. I LOVED SEEING KIDS HAPPY. I LOVED SEEING THE NEW TOYS AND GIVING OUT GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE
Productive and fun place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMarch 26, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: more hours
Toys R Us was my first job I ever had and it was such a great place to work for. They had little parades and gave out candy on Halloween, it was so cool how they reached out to the children more. My managers were so nice along with my other co-workers. They really cared for their employees.
Seasonal
Cashier (Former Employee), Puyallup, WAMarch 26, 2015
I was a cashier and it was only seasonal for the holidays from October to January. I had to sell reward cards and clean the candy section. It was a nice first job.
It was fine.
Phone Suvey Conductor (Former Employee), Bayonne, NJMarch 26, 2015
Pros: flex hours
Cons: no advancement
I had this job as a teenager, it served its purpose. I am neutral about this company. The job was not too demanding ir exciting.
Acceptable
NY - Sales Associate (Current Employee), Massapequa Ny 11735March 26, 2015
Pros: Managers buy lunch. Family Environment.
Cons: Horrible Pay for work you do.
A typical day at Toys R Us is very hectic upon starting work. I learned A lot about retail business and the benefits. The management team was very understanding and was their when you needed them.The hardest part of the job is the lack of communication between management. Lastly the most enjoyable part is the customers and knowing you can change and put a smile on someones face.
fun work place
receiving associate (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAMarch 26, 2015
fun work place little advancement a typical day at work consisted of loading and unloading trucks while also stocking the sales floor
A fun, yet productive workplace!
Baby Registry Consultant (Former Employee), Hurst, TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Lots of activities to keep everyone on their toes
Cons: The hardest part about is cleaning the restrooms
The staff and employees are great to work with and a very productive store.Everyone is nice and exude the spirit of family.
Awesome place to work for.
Community Aide (Volunteer) (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 25, 2015
Family friendly environment. Great benefits, room for growth, flexible hours and leadership opportunities. This company is worth working for and good benefits package.
fun and fast past environment
Cashier/ Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: satisfied a lot of birthdays, friendly associates
Cons: minimum wage
Supervise a team, count and assign registers, maintain a presentable store, and sell while building trust worthy relationships with the customers.
Great co-workers and fun place to work.
Pricing Signage Team Member (Former Employee), Medford, ORMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Great staff, good company!
Very fun job, great people! Hectic around black friday, but retail always is. Customers are a varied mix, but usually very friendly. Store clean & well stocked.
lots of toys
Cashier (Former Employee), Raritan, NJMarch 25, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: not enough hours
under staffed and poor customer service unprofessional sales rep. I tried to treat each customer with respect. Very unorganized and not enough employees to handle the work load.
BUSY WORK PLACE
NO (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: DISCOUNTS
Cons: NO BREAKS
VERY BUSY BUSINESS. ENCOUNTER DIFFERENT PEOPLE. CO WORKERS FAIR. LONG HOURS. CONSTANTLY ON YOUR FEET. VERY BUSY DURING DIFFERENT SEASONS. DIFFERENT NATIONALITYS.
Experience
Seasonal Back of House Member (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Kids
Cons: Parents
It was my first job, so I will always remember that, and by being apart of their team, I have learned a lot about what retail employees have to deal with on a daily basis. For me, the best part about working at ToysRUs are the kids. There are funny ones, loud ones, mean ones, annoying ones ... they all act differently. That is what entertained me when I was there. As for my worst part of the job, is to have to deal with angry parents that cannot find the toy that they want. Sometimes it is just hard to calm them down. Yet again, I was working during the season.
Productive work enviorment.
Merchandise Assistant (Current Employee), Wayne, NJMarch 24, 2015
A typical work day is very productive with good management leading the teams and pushing us to perform at our highest performance.
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Aurora, COMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Had fun playing with the toys and learning new things.
Cons: short breaks
I was a cashier for front and electronics department. I answered phones, cashed out people, help customers when needed, answers customers questions, open and close.

1 2 3 4 5

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more

Toys 'R' Us Salaries