Toys 'R' Us
3,409 reviews

Toys 'R' Us Employer Reviews

Where a Kid can't always be a Kid
HR/SAFETY ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Stockton, CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: 10% discount on toys
Cons: no discount on diapers, formulas, things you actually buy frequently
Fun logistics day walking through the distribution warehouse seeing "
santa's little helpers" prep for a new season of fun filled holiday cheer whether during christmas, easter, or back to school. Learned outbound and inbound operations, staffing, team unity, loyalty, hardwork, dedication, problem solving.
Productive work place
Human Resources Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 16, 2014
Pros: meeting new people every day, great employees
Cons: trying to keep up with so many customers during season
Toys R Us is a great place to work. Manager out of Poughkeepsie, NY made everyday an adventure and fun atmosphere to work in. Sales, customer service, cash office, stock, asset protection, training
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 16, 2014
I learned more skills with working with different personnel. I learned a lot about the retail section.
Productive & Fun Workplace
Furniture Associate (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYOctober 16, 2014
-Meet and greet guests
-Assist guests with their shopping needs, any concerns or questions.
-Assist guests with furniture orders basic and/or custom
-Checkout guests at the cashier
fun place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 15, 2014
I didnt like that the managers and supervisors were never on the same page
fast-paced working environment
BACK OFF HOUSE ASSOCIATE, OMNICHANNEL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 15, 2014
i learned many thing at babies r us such as; shipping and receiving, inventory management, planograms, outstanding customer service. c-workers were great to work with.the hardest part of the job was multi-tasking on a truck day. the most enjoyable part of the job was experience i was gaining.
contract work
Computer Network Technician (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJOctober 15, 2014
had to fix all the printers they had sent to the depot for re-delivery back to original site.
Fun and enjoyable
Manager Operations (Former Employee), La Mesa, CAOctober 15, 2014
Ok, looking for a balance in life and work. This work environment was keeping with my core values of helping people and families.
Fun Place To Work, An Enjoyable experience...
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Little Rock, AROctober 15, 2014
Pros: seeing the smiles on the faces of children and relieved (grand)parents!!
Cons: poor management
...except for management, particularly the Store Manager(inquire for details).
Busy at all times
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee), Flint, MIOctober 15, 2014
Pros: pre sales on new games
Cons: black friday
Process returns, Process credit card applications, Get items for customers, Process online purchases.
ok job
Team Member (Former Employee), Mobile, ALOctober 15, 2014
Pros: pizza partys and other random events
Cons: low pay
This was one of my first jobs i say that because i got this job and another one at the same time. i learned a lot from toys r us and the guest. The job it self was not bad it was even fun at times i remember every Saturday this one kid would come to toys r us to to see me and ask me about new video games. My co-works were more like family i can count – more... on them for just about anything. of not for me trying to better my self in life i would still be at toys r us. the only downside to this job is the low. – less
Friendly and fun place to work
Department Consultant (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDOctober 14, 2014
Pros: fun people, good hours, decent pay.
Cons: short breaks, random call-ins, hard to advance
Everyone from management down to the new team members were always friendly. The hardest part of the job was trying to prove I was prepared for a better position, even after being on call during almost any time except early mornings and sundays.
It was a tough job to leave but I just couldn't make a commute from Florida to Maryland to keep on working – more... there, haha. – less
I loved working with all customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 14, 2014
I loved my job. Making sure that everyone was satisfied with everything they bought. It was never a boring day at work. I loved everyone I worked with.
I loved my time with Babies'R'Us.
Store Promotions Coordinator & HR Supervisor (Former Employee), Clive, IowaOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours and very fun learning environment
Cons: low paygrade and not enough of a challenge in each day
I was recruited while at my previous employer for several months before finally breaking down to stop in for an interview. I had so much fun with the other members of the management team as well as the associates in each department. It was a very professional environment with every opportunity for advancement at the tip of your fingers.
productive fun work place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLOctober 14, 2014
be patient with costumers greed costumers help costumers to get were they wanted to go help costumers on sales floor
Fun Place
Customer Service Standards (Former Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 13, 2014
I worked as a cashier. Usually at the end of the day, I would have to put away carts of items in their desired spots.
When things went well and everybody did their jobs this job was wonderful.
Night Crew-Seasonal (Former Employee), Roseville, MIOctober 13, 2014
Pros: corporate company and learned a few things
Cons: pay did not amount to the work in my opinion.
A typical day at work included we show up get our duties for the night then go get them done. The big thing that I learned was how to unload trucks and how to use/read the back bays. Management was decent I was not there long enough to form a actual opinion of it. With it being seasonal there were the workers and the "I am just here to get paid" people – more... (standing around talking not working the leaving as soon as their shift was over with work undone) I stayed and helped finish that undone work. The hardest part of the job was unloading the trucks because we had to do it by hand box after box. The most enjoyable part was probably the unloading of trucks because it kept me busy and the time flew by and we got good enough to knock out a truck by our deadline and was able to scan them into the bays. – less
Toys
Third Shift- Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 13, 2014
Pros: hours
Toys r us was temporary during the holidays. I stocked over-night.
Great for a first job but not for longterm
Price and Sign Coordinator (Former Employee), McAllen, TxOctober 11, 2014
Pros: toys
Cons: management, not able to request days off
Management would change faster than employees, it was difficult when you are more experienced in the store than the people in charge.
fun job
Customer service & Sales associate (Former Employee), Westminster, COOctober 11, 2014
Had fun working here and playing with the toys. It was always a joy to be able to interact with children and their parents.

1 2 3 4 5

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more