Toys 'R' Us
3,729 reviews

Toys 'R' Us Employer Reviews

Temp Christmas cashier.
Cashier (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: work around toys!
Cons: work around noise!
Temp cashier for Christmas season 2013 at Peoria, IL store near the Mall.
fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Vallejo, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: recongition
great place to work everyone have so much energy and their very fun to work never a dull moment.the hardest part of the jon is going home everyone makes you feel welcomed.
Productive and every fun place to work
Stocking (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILJanuary 27, 2015
I would get there have a team meeting take out the u-boats and start sorting boxes into the correct places.
I learned how to use a safire which is the scanner they use in order to get information of the item and it's location.
The management there is good they helped us along the way in the beginning. The hardest part of the job was staying up all night. I enjoyed working there because we all shared a lot of laughs and we all worked as a team.
Overall bad work place.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), FlJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: realy great for earned time off/vacation, co-workers are awesome
Cons: almost everything
The thing that kills me the most about this job, and like most other retailers out there, is the bottom dollar is way more important then the people that work for you. They purposely tell the management team to up hold the policies, then scream at them for doing it. There is no theft deterrent! 9 out of 10 times 3-4 people run the entire store and customers scream at us for not being able to help! They know the issues but still refuse at a corporate level to do anything. The advertising they do is almost null. They want to increase business and for us to sell more but refuse to do things that could potentially drive in more business. They even implemented cashier metrics tracking software so they can see who is not performing up to their standards. The people who have not performed as well have lost hours due to the "store" being tight on hours. My co-workers are great in retrospect. I can always count on them when I need to! Despite the insanely hard days we get constantly, they still are a great shoulder to lean on and vise versa. I do enjoy helping people! When you see a new moms face so overwhelmed, i get a quick chuckle and then proceed to help them! The most gratifying aspect of this job is to see their faces after helping them! To them the world seems to be just a little bit better and the amount of thank yous I get after all is said and done, made that whole entire experience worth the time!
work
Cashier (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Cons: short break, rude team members
You could meet alot of different people. Help first time parents or peolple who don't know kids very well.
My first job. Very fun.
Sales Floor Representative/ Cashier (Former Employee), san diego caJanuary 26, 2015
I was only working here seasonal so eventually I got laid off. Working here I got to be a cashier or on the sales floor restocking toys back to their shelf. It was a fun experience. Also I got to help much in need costumers, especially on black Friday since they really needed to get their shooping out of the way. definitely a good way to start you job experience.
Fun workplace
Guest Service Team Member (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 26, 2015
You get to work with a bunch of different people. Having the option to work more than one department such as service, sales floor, stocking, overnight crew and electronics. You do have to be able to handle a lot of parents that are unsure of what they are looking for.
Fun Place to Work
Team Member (Current Employee), Salinas, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: fun, busy, exciting
Cons: short breaks, low compensation, no benefits, no upward mobility
TRU is a fun place to work. There is never a dull moment. Management is always on your side and the other employees are fun to talk to. However, compensation is lacking and upward mobility is close to impossible.
Fun and productive workplace with helpful coworkers and managers
Warehouse Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Ventura, CAJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day at work included organizing the floor inventory and sometimes in the warehouse. I would assist customers in any help that they needed. I had a handheld device that would give me alerts if we got an online order that needed to be filled or if a customer was here to pick up their online order. The experience I acquired working there further strengthened my skills in customer service, working efficiently in a busy environment, and organization of the warehouse and the floor inventory. The management there was some of the best I've worked with, they were always helpful and wanted to see me succeed. My co-workers were also very helpful. The hardest part of the job was all the work that had to be done during the month of December leading up to Christmas. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to assist parents and their children and seeing the reaction on the children's faces when they would get what they wanted.
toysrus
cashier (Former Employee), Dedham, MAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: discount on toys
Cons: short breaks
I loved working there and wished it wasn't a seasonal position. I caught on to the flow of the store very quickly it being the holiday season where the store was the busiest. The hardest part of the job overall was dealing with unsatisfied guest, but I always kept a smile and help them in a professional manner. the best part of the job was being able to see the kids happy and enjoying their visit at our store. My coworkers made it easy to get the day by faster everyone got along and was able to keep each other smiling ...
Productive and Fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Maplewood, MNJanuary 26, 2015
Very fast paced environment with fun things to do at MSP Airport! There are tons of things to do and staff are very friendly!
Fun place to work if the right people are there
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Topeka, KSJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: the people are great
Cons: part time and not getting hours
I love working for this company but the Store Manager doesn't seem to really want to be there. He always talks about numbers not about us, or gives out compliments very much(hardly ever). I love working with my co-workers though they make the time go by so much faster. I don't hang with anyone outside of work but if customers see us having a good time they sometimes even join in on the conversation. Customers have always came first in the job which is great and how it should be sometimes people don't understand that very well. The hardest part of the job is trying to find something that we don't carry or that we haven't carried in a very long time. For example bed rails for a toddler bed especially when the crib has gone out of style, but we try our hardest to find one that will go with their crib. I have learned a lot from this company. They care about their customers more than most would. The best part of working for this company is seeing the kids leave happy and excited about what they got. Parents are happy too because we found exactly what they wanted.
Great fun place to work
Stock team (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 25, 2015
I would stock and put out merchandise.I learned how to unload a truck, scanner, handle costumers, stock and/ or put out merchandise, and collect merchandise people ordered online. I got along great with my co-workers they were a lot of help when i first started and i caught on quickly with there help, there were great vibes between us all and all got along right away. In all the job would get difficult when we would have back to back trucks in one night but working quickly and all together we would get the job done on time. i think the most enjoyable part of the job was having such great co-workers and being around toys and little kids all day long.
Toys R Us was good.
Back Of the House Team Member (Former Employee), Matteson, ILJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: fun, fast paced, new learning experiences.
Cons: "managers" play favoritism instead of thinking of the overall company success.
Great coworkers, fun and fast pace environment. I enjoy working with and helping others so I really enjoyed being employed with them. But the only thing that is wrong with them is when they break promises to a few customers and employees the same.

Some "managers" would tell us to forget about the customer and they would just have to come in and be mad at us for not having the item they order online but I would still try to contact those customers and inform them about the inconvenience and offer a different but similar item they would like as well. Then some "managers" don't really go for work quality but would rather hire those whom they're related to even though others are more qualified for the positions.
Would not recommend this employer
Front End Lead (Former Employee), Cedar Hill, TxJanuary 25, 2015
Horriable place to work, I was over worked for my pay. Management staff was very unprofessional. Management staff sleeping with each other on the job,
Good workplace to get your head right
Stock Clerk/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: goodies available on breaks, locker space, free holiday clothing for change in uniform
Cons: short breaks, seasonal, no outside breaks on night shift
There is a lot of lifting as a stock crew member, so if you have a bad back, heart, knees, etc. this is likely not the position for you. Staff are hard on you, especially if you're new, and especially if you're young. Some staff will be harder on you than others.
If this will be your first job, it will work nicely. You may not enjoy how tough they are on you, but it will definitely help you with keeping a good mindset for future jobs.
ok as first retail job
Sales Associate & Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Douglaston, NYJanuary 23, 2015
balance is off
low pay
attitudes
seniority takes precedence not work ethic
play favorites
make you work when you are sick
days off are good
hours good
managers could be more understanding of the schedule of a full time college student at the time
tough love
great customer service
I didn't work long enough.
Backroom Associate (Former Employee), Burbank, ILJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: i stayed out of trouble.
Cons: i didn't work enough hours their.
I helped unload trucks, I brought home a few checks that would satisfy an inexperienced 19 year old young man, but my time their was very short.
ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: friendly envirement
Cons: lack of supervision
First job while in high school. Not a bad experience. Hours were fine with school schedule.
One of my first jobs
Cashier/Department Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Very competitive during the holidays but I think it was a fun place to work and have my first hands on experiences as a department manager.

1 2 3 4 5

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more