Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Chill
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 18, 2017
Toys R us as an overnight stock was very chill and easy job to do, at times it felt slow. The people were nice and helpful when you needed help on how to do something.
fun
Seasonal Stocker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 18, 2017
Being an overnight job there is minimal customer interaction to start, every one is friendly and outgoing and the atmosphere is over all relaxed. Once clocked in you go and load up boxes on carts and distribute them through out the store, when that is done box cutters are passed out and the actual stocking begins.
the only slightly stressful part is finishing stocking and then cleaning up afterward. things do get cold due to the nature of the job so be prepared for that.
Pros
calm work environment, good management, simple work
Cons
only seasonal.
terrible
Sales/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAOctober 18, 2017
Although I had one great supervisor, the rest were lacking, and uninvolved. This company had no room for growth, and like many corporations, is only interested in hiring part time workers. a single person working here would not be able to survive living on their own with the income toys r us provides, I would never work here again.
Not a fun place to work
Stock Puller Driver (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, TXOctober 18, 2017
Ok, job not enough hours, no benefits for part time workers.. Working conditions are terrible. I would tell no one to come to Toys R Us. Some of the management are very nice and some are very rude.
Worst job and company I've had.
Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 18, 2017
All of day side upper management was terrible, there was no HR while I worked there. Any issues or problems were automatically blamed on the over night truck crew who's only responsibility is to unload the trucks that arrive and work them out on the floor. Not do signage, price changes, vendor displays, store maintenance. But at the store I worked it it was just easier to point fingers and not take responsibility. No one cared about anything not even the store manager as he was already leaving.
Pros
Discount on toys
Fast
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 17, 2017
Typical work day was a 10 hour shift. However if you did not finish you had to stay until it was done. Driving for results daily was not an option. We have a strong team. Buddy training was the most important to ensure everyone was on the same page
Competitive Work Place
Data Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJOctober 17, 2017
Good Work place , Learned lots of things from past few years working at Toysrus . Management is okay . One of the hardest part working at Toysrus is working at tight timeline.
Unknown
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAOctober 17, 2017
I didn't work there long enough to give a review that would really benefit people of not. I was only there for a short time due to just making extra money for the holidays
Okay work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2017
It was an okay place to work for the holidays and to make some extra money. The customers are friendly and familiar. So there are alot of The same customers.
work environment
Us Associate (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAOctober 16, 2017
the hardest part was balancing rush hour and everything you had to do, management was alright i guess, i learned how to manage customer service, most enjoyable part was some of my co-workers
Toy R Us was a good job but was seasonal
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYOctober 16, 2017
stock clerk coming at 10 p.m. through 11 a.m in the morning they go back to work at 10 pretty much have the rest of the day off until 10 but manager was gone the people I work with was great including the coworkers
Ehh
Registry Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2017
I usually only worked about 3-4 days a week , literally less than 20 hours a week. Hours definitely suck UNLESS you're a supervisor of the floor or manager. I've learned a lot though. I actually started learning the whole HR process and how to conduct an interview and the onboarding process that they do. and learning registry was also fun
It was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAOctober 16, 2017
It was a pretty easy but fast paced job environment. I liked it but got way too stressed out about it especially when you are not properly trained, you're just thrown in there assuming how to handle everything. It was always about credit cards and the management was for the most part, pretty terrible.
Working Retail
RETAIL SALES ASSCIATE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 16, 2017
This retail job was a whole lot different from the other retail job I worked at. It was a different retail culture. The only upside to working there was a 5 to 10% discount on items. While working there was too many floor mangers and mangers from other stores so it was hard and stressful to learned names if you had a question or needing assistance from them. I got more help from my fellow co-workers in learning the computer system.
Pros
Close to the light rail station
Cons
Long hours one day I worked over 12 hours.
Poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDOctober 16, 2017
Lack of employee care and concern. Long days with minimum breaks. No breaks are preformed on time. Your first break will most likely be the last 15 minutes of your shift.
Bad Management and Childish treatment
Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 15, 2017
I worked at a Toys "R" Us location for over a year as a sales associate with the option to become a baby side specialist. The managers there were all in cahoots with each other, sitting in the offices and break rooms on their phones doing nothing, and would always call in extra floor employees to pick up the slack, thus causing us to go over hours constantly. this and many other childish behaviors and rude demeanor from coworkers, supervisors, and customers, on top of the need to fulfill a career i love is why i left the establishment.
Pros
Cons
all
Loved this job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 15, 2017
I really loved working at toys r us. The employees and managers were excellent. They were polite and very patient with teaching me things. I would love to go back if i could but not just for seasonal.
Pros
Excellent work place
Average Day at Toys R Us
Cashier and Inventory representative (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 14, 2017
I maintained a busy work schedule. It was a seasonal job during the holidays so there was always something to do between cashier, customer service or stocking inventory. I learned about what the job entailed and a little about the company which contributed to easy interactions with customers. Management was knowledgable. Workplace culture was positive. I didn't have a hard time because the job responsibilities I had were easy. The most enjoyable was interacting with customers and other employees at work. Cashier was fun job.
Pros
Working with extremely nice customers.
Cons
Sometimes it would be time to get off and I would get asked if I could stay a little later.
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, OROctober 14, 2017
Toys R Us is generally a neat place to work. Customer service skills are a must. Dealing with parents and the fast paced environment can be very jarring for the first time worker.
Pros
neat environment, discounts on products
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAOctober 14, 2017
I have always like to work at toys R us, it has family atmosphere. I enjoy putting a smile on the children face.. We work as a team.I'm looking to intend an interview with your company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.