Toys 'R' Us

4.7K reviews

Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Seasonal
sales floor associate (Former Employee), college pointAugust 30, 2015
Pros: n/A
Cons: low wage salary
It was a good starting job even though it was only seasonal. The responsibility this job taught me was about how to plead a costumer need and helping them.
not so cool place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Flushing, NYAugust 30, 2015
Cons: short breaks, shortage of work hours
i was a sales floor associate, there was an extreme difference in regards to hours given out to work. only certain person's received lots of hours, sometimes I would only have 5 or 10 hours for the week. However, I had cool co-workers which made the job fun.
receiving associate
Receiving Associate (Former Employee), rialto distribution centerAugust 29, 2015
This company use to be a great company to work for. Now there just trying to get rid of all the employees that have been there for years and hire people who do not care about there job to save money. They also play favorites. The employees they like can get away with what ever they want. Everyone else has to watch there step. Some employees can be late every day and others late once and you get a write up. Not a good environment now. Like I said use to be the best job I've ever had.
seasonal position
stock associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 29, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: temporary
Overall a good place to work but just wish I could have been kept after the Christmas season. Supervisor could have been a little more aggressive.
good company
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXAugust 28, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: wage
pay is only minimum wage but the discount is good. Only working part time so I need more hours which will allow me to be full time
I love it, fast pace environment.
Cashier / Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 28, 2015
Pros: You get to see all the new toys.
Cons: None
I absolutely adore working with kids, both big kids and small kids. I got to do what I love. Its an extremely fast pace environment. I got to meet different people from different places. I learned to say hello in a few different languages! I met people with very unique and interesting accents. The hardest part of the job honestly had to be clocking out I loved working there. The management was very fare and understanding. Unfortunately I signed up for my seasonal job late and they only had a limited amount of seats left which were first come first served so I didn't get picked to stay after seasonal, HOWEVER I was offered a position for seasonal next year! The interview process was fun as well. It broke me out of my shy habits.
Horrible
Midnight stocker (Former Employee), Pensacola,flAugust 28, 2015
Pros: I was let go.
Cons: Managers, Supervisors all of em shady
The managers there suck, only worked for 4 days because I could not memorize where all the toys and products go (never went in toys r us) in the midnight shift from 11pm to 4am, it really did suck, even though it sucks to be fired it wasn't as bad considering...because you couldn't get any worse from toys r us in pensacola,fl ... so yeah I was fired only to be picked up by a higher paying job and company weeks later. But yeah I feel sorry for anyone who works in that brutal camp. It probably has changed in 2015 but... I doubt it.
Fun and exhausting
HR Manager/ stockroom manager/apparel/csa (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 28, 2015
I learned a lot with this company. But they wanted so much out of you it got really exhausting and stressful. Really bad communication. The management team at the time were so hard to talk to that you felt like you had no support there.
great experience
Stock Room/Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYAugust 27, 2015
would have been a much better experience if there had been better management. There were to many bosses in the work environment and not enough actual workers
Fun place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Ocala, FLAugust 27, 2015
This was awesome place to work. I have be employment by this company twice in two different location in two different states. It is always a pleasurable place of employment. It is fun and personally furfilling/
Very fun!
Over Night Stock Crew (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Discounts on toys, fun enviroment
Cons: hours, advancement
It's a job where you can let your inner child shine. Read the small print of every ad and coupon. Management was great and my co-workers were fun too. The hardest part about the job was the hours but the best part was having the opportunity to gain so much knowledge of the products.
Productive, profession, clean and fun work environment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Discount on products
I been working retail since I was 16 so it pretty much all the same; Check-out, greet the customers, keep area clear and keep merchandise replenish. At Toys R Us I learned how to deal with more kids then adults and all the different type toys alone with baby products. The hardest part about working here was dealing with thousands of customers yelling for help and checking out long line during the holidays but I got the hang of it and willing to do it all over again. Lol. The most enjoyable part about the job is see and working around toys. It put you in a happy place and remind you of your child-hood.
Great Place to Be A kid
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Upper Darby, PAAugust 27, 2015
I enjoyed working here I had a good time the co workers were helpful we all worked as a team and had fun doing the job the supervisors were great I would definitely love to work here again
Very nice work environment.
Asset Protection Analyst (Former Employee), Rialto caAugust 27, 2015
Toys R us... good place to work at. Nice coworkers as well. great work environment. I would go back to the company if my position was created again.
Wonderful
Price and Signage Team member (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Worked with your needs
Cons: Sometimes mad customers
I absolutely loved working for this place in Rapid City. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. They understood if you made mistakes and worked with you and around a schedule you wanted. if you ran late they didn't really care as long as you showed up.
Summary
Stock (Former Employee), Livonia, MIAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
The company was great to work for. We were all a close knit family. The hardest part of the job would be organizing the store after busy days.
Okay Start up job
Sales Team Member /Cashier (Current Employee), PhiladelphiaAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Working with others
Cons: Horrible hours and pay
It's a great job to start you off and gain some experience but you'll want something better. i learned that you should be nice to people even when their not nice to you.
Great Job Bad Location
Pricing and Signage Team Member (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Great management
Cons: None
It was always nice being around everyone that worked with me but the location didnt have many people coming in so it was always nothing to do
I enjoyed working at Toys R Us
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Albany, NYAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: It closed down
This job was really laid back and I loved it. I never went to work dreading to go. I was always exited to go. The customers were very nice and friendly. We got to play with the toys while selling it and that was one thing I loved.
Toy insanity
Combo Store Manager (Former Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 25, 2015
Pros: children in the store give the place energy
Cons: pay, hours, management
There is too much drama within this company. Higher ups don't understand what the stores need in order to succeed. There is never a pay on the back. It is always a scolding and during the holidays you can kiss your family goodbye. You won't see them between November-2nd week of January. A few times I closed my store when we stayed open extended hours and slept in my car in the parking lot because I had to be at work 4 hours later. The pay is also pathetic. You are practically working for free if you are a manager. The hours and money earned do not add up.
Headquarters