Toys 'R' Us
4,163 reviews

Toys 'R' Us United States Employee Reviews

Fun environment work place
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Stockton, CAApril 18, 2015
Pros: Fast paced during the holiday season
Cons: slow and less hours during normal season
I would be up front cashiering or in the electronic department. I would tidy up the front end of the store. I would help out as a sales associate at times and assisted customers finding items. I learned that i loved working in a fast paced environment. The hardest part of the job was volunteering to wear the Geoffrey costume. What I loved most about working at Toys R Us is the gratitude customers would have when you would do everything possible to help them find an item.
A great place to work I have repeating customer due to my great customer service skills
Back of House Supervisor /Order Manager (Former Employee), Florence, SCApril 18, 2015
My day would start 4am unloading truck by the time store opended I would attain to customers and help them in finding products or ordering a product if I couldn't assist the customer then my manager would step in or a coworker would step in to help.I loved helping customers with a difficult order.I learned that unloading a 2000 piece truck is not really that hard.
Customer Service
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAApril 17, 2015
Typically I provide customer service, operate a cash register so cash handling is involved and train new employees. I answer telephones and use critical thinking to solve problems.
i miss working for them it was a rewarding experience
Backhouse Specialist (Former Employee), Burlington, NJApril 17, 2015
Pros: manager would treat staff to drive golas
Cons: healthcare wasnt great but still not bad
great place to work .if im not doing daily audits or checking inventory ,I'm helping customers and kids find what there looking for from bikes to skates,and if we didn't carry your item I'd tell where you can find something like it. even if I had a bad day the team including management would rally behind me to give support it was almost like a family unit ,I inspired my co workers to go hard and gave of my time freely to those whom needed my help or information to complete a task . even when we had problems I always had a way to get the answer best part was to see a child that you helped and a happy returning customer was my personal bottom line
Productive Fun Place to Work
Supervisor Check and Vendor Services (Current Employee), Wayne, NJApril 16, 2015
I have had the pleasure of working for Toys R Us for 24 years and would recommend it to anyone. It is a great company that will be around forever. The people who work here are like family.
Decent place, fun people to work with, bit rough management
Sales Team Member (Former Employee), Aurora, COApril 16, 2015
Pros: Was fun and friendly environment for the most part
Cons: N/A haven't been there for about a year, can't determine if things changed
My supervisor and manager at the time were a bit rough and wanted me to come in on a day I wasn't scheduled, ended up leaving because I had to prioritize school.
Productive workplace, great for a first job.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Aventura, FLApril 16, 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job was helping first time parents. No better feeling than that. Every now and then HR would spice up work and we.d have these little activity days.
Fun place to work with good people.
Seasonal Overnight Stocking Crew (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARApril 15, 2015
Pros: discount on toys, great if you have young family members or kids.
Cons: 30 min lunch break only.
A typical day at work during the seasonal period was getting there, clocking in. Listening to what was to be done that day and who was being put together or where everyone was being placed for that shift. Most of the co-workers and managers were more than great to work with. The hardest part of the job for me was remembering where everything was located, trying to help customers during black Friday sales, on only my 3rd or 4th day of working. The most enjoyable part of the job for me, was helping unload the conveyor line and get merchandise out on the floor.
Enjoyable work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 15, 2015
assisting customers
registering clients to baby registry
stock and maintain selling floor
assist customers on the phone
place online orders for customers
Customer Care Worker
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INApril 15, 2015
Pros: Experience gained
Cons: Customers attitudes
I gained a lot of customer service experience. However, I did not appreciate the job pay and compensation. The customers and management were very rude and ungrateful.
It was scary but manageable
Team Member (Former Employee), St. Croix, USVIApril 15, 2015
Pros: area of work, time to myself, being able to secure areas
Cons: dangerous neighborhood
a typical day at work was to secure area
i learn to think positive and be positive
they were disorganize
they were laid back
was having to work outside in a bad neighborhood
was looking outside as the sunset
productive
Stocker (Former Employee), chicago ilApril 13, 2015
productive i learned how to stock, drop boxes,good customer service the people were nice and willing to help if you didn't understand
great place nice people
Customer Service/Cashier/electronics sales (Current Employee), Frederick, MDApril 13, 2015
Pros: breaks
Cons: No perks
great place to work I answer peoples questions about what ever they need. The people there are very friendly and answer any of your questions you may have. All managers or supervisors are very helpful when ever anybody has any questions weather there personal or job related. Hardest part of the job is nothing its all pretty straight forward. The most enjoyable part is helping people find what they need and answering there questions to my fullest extent of the subject.
Productive, Had many events for children to participate in.
Cashier (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNApril 13, 2015
A typical day at work was either walking around straightening toys and asking and helping customers with things they needed, or waiting at the register for customers to come and check out.
Good job with plenty of flexability
Kitter (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 13, 2015
A good job with a lot of flexability. IAt the time I was looking for more of a career and going back to school. A very fun and energetic environment that kept me looking forward to going to work
it was a fun, friendly environment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 13, 2015
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: Mediocre pay
it was always a different experience from day to day so I found it to be an excellent and exciting place to work. Plus I loved working with the families and seeing the smiles on the faces of the little ones.
Very nice place to work, health center, ping pong table.
Sr. Network Engineer (Former Employee), Wayne, NJApril 13, 2015
Very big and will known company, can grow as employee. Management has nice environment with employee. Lab setups. over 1000 stores.
Amazing work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Mentor, OHApril 13, 2015
A typical day consisted of working with great employees and having a fun work atmosphere. Working with every customer that crossed my path doing beyond what I was hired to do.
OK when you first start working there but gets worse as time passes
Team member (Former Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHApril 13, 2015
Pros: working with the public and working in sales
Cons: you might get 15-20 hours a week even if you've been there for years
A typical work day is helping guests as needed. The management doesn't do the things they should if there is a problem they just tell you what it is they think you would like to hear and continue doing the same thing. My co-workers are great they are all very nice hardworking people. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the management team, and there was no advancement, but i do enjoy working with the public and working in sales.
didn't work with my scheldule
Maintenance (Former Employee), Riverside, CAApril 12, 2015
I provided the hr manager with availability but work counter acted with my college. I expected more hours but was only given 7 hours a week out of twenty hours i was supposed to be working.

1 2 3 4 5

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more

Toys 'R' Us Salaries