Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,479 reviews matching the search
it was a nice work place
Toys R Us (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYAugust 31, 2016
It was a good working environment, I loved it because it was labor type of work. I got to use my hands and deal with customers. It was my first job so it taught me the concept of making money and working for it.
Productive up to beat
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 31, 2016
Toys r us is a up to beat job. everyone gets along with everyone easy job to work not much is required of you. Mangers look out for their employees. H
Not the best place to work
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 30, 2016
. The overnight supervisors are mean to certain people and they will curse and talk about you amongst themselves. If you work the night shift you will only get a 15 min break and then you have to go right back to work. The pay is low the highest check I received is $125. I highly wouldn't recommend . This is specifically the armingo ave one
Pros
Cons
EVERYTHING
overall loved my job there!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 30, 2016
I enjoyed work there, i loved my fellow employees and even through pregnancy they gave me a stool to sit on when it became harder for me, and let me take breaks when needed etc, sitting down, going to the bathroom, getting water.
Absolutely Loved This Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAAugust 29, 2016
A typical day at work included, stocking shelves, assisting customers, cashiering, issuing refunds and keeping the store clean at all times.

Assisting customers during the busy holiday season was my greatest reward with the job. My co-workers were awesome.

Toys R Us, taught me how to engage with hostile customers and how to properly assist customers that were not the friendliest but I absolutely enjoyed resolving the customer needs with positive results.

The hardest part of the job was not having enough work hours. I was a seasonal part time worker and would have loved more hours and a permanent position.

Overall, the job was fun, exciting and I thoroughly enjoyed my employment with TRU.
Pros
Fun Staff, Great Location
Cons
No hours, Management did not get along with each other.
Good group of people, Work culture needs improving
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Flanders, NJAugust 29, 2016
I enjoy working with the people at Toys R Us.

My typical day is 10-12 hours. I manage all aspects of storage logistics for three shifts. I provide leadership support for our safety and Lean initiatives.
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
On-boarding is very sloppy
Busy workplace
INFANT CARE ASSOCIATE AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 28, 2016
Working for Babies R' Us was fun at times, while at other times it left something to be desired. I am glad to have had the job as the income allowed me to pay my bills.
Fun place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAAugust 28, 2016
This was a fun place to work except it's not easy to move up. They focus more on who had been there longer rather than who puts in better or more work for the company.
Pros
Good enviroment
Benefits
Good Learning Experience
Store Team Member (Former Employee) –  Selma, TX 78154August 28, 2016
There was a lot of work to accomplish in a day and a lot of different people to work with/handle, but it was a good experience. Coworkers come and go very often, Christmas season is chaos but builds character, customers can be very rude, but some can also be the most patient and appreciative.
Cons
No raise in two years of work there
Constantly changing workplace with a fun atmosphere
Off Hours Stock Crew (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAAugust 26, 2016
Great place to work with a fun amount of task to work on that constantly changed each day. Management was good but often scattered due to the size of the store.
Fast paced
Stock and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 26, 2016
At Toys R Us, I was a part of the electronic and media department. I was accountable for assuring the needs of every customer in my department, as well as operating the registers, stocking and cleaning the store at the end of the shifts. While working at Toys R Us, I have gain customer service skills and also experience in working in retail.
Team work is key
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  City Industry, CAAugust 26, 2016
Great place to get experience, I learned so much such as stocking working/dealing with customers, using registers, working with other people. This job taught me what teamwork really is.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 26, 2016
Working for this company was very eye opening it allowed me to sharpen my customer service skills. They were very easy going and allowed for flexibility with my schedule.
a lot of challenges everyday
Division Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesAugust 26, 2016
Toys R Us PH is now at their 10th year.
Working tgeir for 9years gave me a lot of knowledge in merchandising.The business is doing good.The company care a lot for their customers.They gave good promotion as well and they really building the brand.
Pros
company phone, health card, vacation leave, sick leave, international trip for sourcing, buying and attending Toy Fair
Cons
company car and low salary
Na
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJAugust 25, 2016
no work life balance, not enough people to help customers, little time to couch associates. not everyone on a same page. and most important no team work.
I enjoyed my experience with this company
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 25, 2016
working in a quite happy environment made things alot peacefull my mangers were great and my fellow employees were not difficult to work with at all.
Pros
store closed
Cons
free lunch
Good Company
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 25, 2016
Work hard to make sure team members are taken care of. The management is good but can sometimes be unorganized or have too high of expectations.
Review
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2016
The management was fine just the coworkers were sometimes rude and unprofessional. Was planning on leaving but wasn't given a chance to hand in a written resignation, they just took me off the schedule without notice. Best part of the job was helping the customers.
Excellent
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 25, 2016
For the most part, a good place to work. I often worked out merchandise to the sales floor, helped customers, and filled orders. My co-workers were great, and I learned different aspects of retail.
Good place to work at
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 24, 2016
I felt it was good place to work at and it was always busy. I worked there during Christmas and it was pretty crazy. I would stock and help customers get what they needed
Pros
customer service experience