Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Found 7,204 reviews matching the search
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILJuly 27, 2017
a typical day at toys r us was helping and assisting customers finding and locating items they are looking for in store as well as providing excellent customer service relations to customers
Very fun work place,very fast paced.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAJuly 27, 2017
I loved working at toys r us they were very friendly.They trained me very well if i had any questions they answed all of them.If i ever got a call back to work there again i would.
Pros
Bigger discounts
Cons
More break rooms and bathrooms
it's okay
Over night stock crew (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJuly 26, 2017
it was okay, i worked overnight during the winter season so it was always busy, everyone was very nice and for a first job it was great. i would do it again if i could,
Tough Environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 26, 2017
If you have never worked retail, the environment could be stressful. With budget cuts and payroll constraints you have a lot on your plate as a salary manager.
Pros
Fun to work with Kids.
Cons
Not enough payroll to meet expectations
Not for my lifestyle
Department Supervisor/Registry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 26, 2017
I would love my job, but the hours are too hectic and wrong for me as I am a single mom with a disabled son. I also do not like having to work holidays as it cuts away the time I have with my kids.
Was a great experience for seasonal worl
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJuly 26, 2017
I was only seasonal but for the time I did work there they treated me as I expected. Management were great. Coworkers were friendly. Schedule was flexible and manageable.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
got crazy around christmas
welcoming place for all
Stock/Back of the house member, some Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colma, CAJuly 26, 2017
good energy in the building, everyone there was happy and thrilled to help out the soon to be moms or the guardianes of the young kids coming inside, which kept things peaceful
Fun Place to Work
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 26, 2017
A typical day was full of stocking, cleaning, and making sure every customer finds what they're looking for. Very easy job would highly recommend to anyone looking for anyone needing part time work.
Pros
Simple
Cons
Busy During Christmas
great place to work but not with the present manager
Back of House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 25, 2017
As long as you make no suggestions about anything that the store manager feels its a better idea than what she came up with you are ok .I received a lot of respect from other team members because I took the time to train them and gave them respect back. I was there for 9 years and in having my position done away with she did not feel the need to keep me because I asked to have Sundays off for church and she did not approve.
Pros
enjoyed the customers and fellow team members
Cons
store manager left came back with a attitude.
Good place to work with good people
Backroom Team Member (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAJuly 25, 2017
Most days are fairly easy and stress free, but depending on how busy the store is and the time of year it can get pretty tough. managers and coworkers are generally fun to work with, but there is very limited room for advancement, and hours are very low outside of the holiday season.
Pros
fun environment, low stress
Cons
limited advancement, low hours
You will not regret it
Guest service leader (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJuly 25, 2017
Love helping kids find that perfect game or gift. It is really fun during christmas with the joy of helping parents find that toy or game and management is very reasonable when you attend school
Fun place
Baby Registry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 24, 2017
Fun place to work in . Well balanced. Great discounts. If you have children you get to see all the great toys and baby things that come on shelf first . Very exciting.
Overall good place to work
Zone Specialist (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 24, 2017
I learned how to manage time to ensure all tasks were handled. Also, I enjoyed learning how to review trends and make schedules accordingly to en sure properly staffed.
Not a good place to start career
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 24, 2017
This job is only good for part time. I worked there for 4 years as a supervisor and there are a lot of promises made but nothing is followed through. When you are offered a promotion they might give you $1.05 and anything over that has to be approved by the higher ups but they shoot everything down. As a supervisor there were a lot of times that I had to close the store with 3 other team members that could not move too far away from their area; customer service, cashier, and electronics cashier which left me to be the only one on the sales floor for both toy side and baby side.
Cons
very minimal staffing
Great
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJuly 24, 2017
Work as a team and move as a whole. Management takes the time to know staff and communicate to let them know they're appreciated and cared for. I learned great organization and made good friends.
fun work place
SALES ASSOSCIATES (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 24, 2017
typical day at work is busy. Co workers helping customers getting down bikes, strollers making it easier for them and their customer experience. flexible works hours and diverse work environment which is always good to promote oneself.
Learning Experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILJuly 24, 2017
This job was a seasonal position for me, I came in during the holidays when it was very busy and non stop. Lines were around the building and customer were still on there way.
No help what so ever on this job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 24, 2017
I was cashier all day. Stood at my cashier spot for my whole shift was never offered a break and just a very unorganized store. very trashy and about the only thing i learned was how to scan items.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, horrible customer service
VEry Fun Place
Sr. Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PA 17111July 24, 2017
I Hate It Ended Simply Put Produce and finish art work for artists.
Concept and brainstorm with artists.
Prime, prepare, and stretch canvasses.
Purchase and collect supplies, including paints, oils, canvasses, and other materials.
Produce different art forms including paintings, sculptures, drawings, prints, 3D designs, textiles or digital art.
Produce 3D models.
Package, transport, or ship art.
Set up exhibitions.
Hang canvasses or photography at art shows or galleries.
Handle phone calls and purchase inquiries.
Perform photoshop work.
Perform sales calls as needed.
Prep recording studio.
Set up microphones and equipment.
Load and unload trucks.
Clean and repair equipment.
Set up instruments for musicians.
Line-check each piece of gear with the assistant recording engineer to ensure continuity.
Replace faulty equipment.
It sucked
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 24, 2017
One of the worst places I ever worked. For it to be a kid friendly environment it was not very fun. The hours were long and you were not allowed to take any vacations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval