Toys 'R' Us Employee Reviews

Found 7,181 reviews matching the search
Stressful time
Design Manager - Brand + In-Store Visual Team (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 23, 2017
It is a stressful time at Toys"R"Us. I have worked there for 10 year and the company is really going through a rough time. There were layoffs after the rough holiday season and now there's just as much work with fewer people to do it.
Worst place to work
Infant Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 23, 2017
Compensation is unfair due to the amount of work that is done. Hours can be long or very short, usually running on the longer side. You are expected to shove credit card applications at every customer who walks through the door. There are informal rewards for opening credit cards if you are close with management. Expect free meals if you can open the most credit cards in the store, and brown-nose the management.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hours, favoritism, credit cards
Seasonal helper
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJuly 23, 2017
Used stand up forklift to remove pallets from trucks. Scanned items coming off the trucks and took them to proper dock area.Learned how to use scanners and stand up forklift.All of the employees were friendly we all communicated with each other.
Pros
Good second job
Cons
Dusty environment.
typical retail job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAJuly 23, 2017
fast paced especially during the holiday season. required to try to sign customers up for rewards cards, sell insurance on items and sell batteries to customers who would become annoyed.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
selling itmes customers did not want
Very Welcoming Staff
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 22, 2017
-Extremely busy during the holiday season, Slow foot traffic any other time of the year.
-Flexible work hours
-competitive pay
- diverse work environment
Repetitive job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYJuly 22, 2017
It's all fun at first when you join during season but then they fire everyone after christmas and keep 5 of us they wanted and expect us to know everything already so we basically have to learn everything on our own. They are very laid back I enjoy working there the downside is getting paid every other week. Also if you do not like star wars or pokémon do not apply.
Pros
fun, easy
Cons
boring, bi weekly pay
Had some management issues.
World Leader/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJuly 22, 2017
Company hired poor management staff, too many issues with getting things done. Improper planning. Understaffing during truck days. Improper cash handling. To name a few.
Pros
The team of people I worked with.
Cons
management.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  355 moorland drive Brookfield WisconsinJuly 21, 2017
I love the job.I got change to see all the most popular games.Zee how eager people was to get what they want.Also they prices are fair for the products they are saling.
Good seasonal job, that's about it.
Sales A (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEJuly 21, 2017
Pretty much what the summary says. It's a fun place to work for the holiday season if you need some extra cash. If you're looking for a career? Don't even bother.
Pros
Fun place to work.
Cons
Inadequate pay and instability.
Productive and great atmosphere
Retail Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOJuly 21, 2017
Excellent culture and environment.
Very safe.
Great people and management.
Fair pay and great benefits.
Great retail store discounts.
Great balance of professional and personal life.
mediocre
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 21, 2017
it is an ok place to work if you're in high school. no room for improvement and the company does not care for its employees. the sister company babies r us is just the same
crazy work pace
cashier (Former Employee) –  vallejoJuly 21, 2017
during the christmas season is the worst, during the year you still have to deal with crazy customers and worrying about making metrics. theres always pressure on you to make metrics i.e. credit card applications and warranty sales.
fun work place
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2017
ToyRus was a great experience,my co workers there was so nice to me, my manger and assit. manger saw i was a hard and great worker i had always got my job done and fast. If the store did not closed down i would had still been there that how much my manger like me for my work.
Hard work low pay
Human Resource Assistant and Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 20, 2017
this job is great for people looking for part time work. past that the job fails to provide great opportunities to work up in the company. the pay is as close to minimum as possible and raises are not very good.
Fun place to work
Stock/Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 20, 2017
I enjoyed working at toys r us. It was fun to see all the new toys and games being put out for the holiday season. My assignment was the game wall so I restocked it as needed.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
not enough hours
good place to work but advancement is little
Cashier / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 20, 2017
stock shelves
clean
sell memberships and credit

its very repetitive. you learn quick how to deal with different kinds of people and how to work as a team. Management is always changing and it makes it hard to work when your told different things. The hardest part is selling credit witch annoys guests more than helps them. If management was consistent and their was more room for advancement after a year it would be fine. After seasonal hours are cut and your still there don't expect more hours.
Pros
paid vacation after a year, life/work balance/ fun
Cons
management/ lack of opportunity to move up/ little hours
very chill work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAJuly 20, 2017
working at toys r us helped my customer service skills a lot . working with kids selling toys was fun . stocking shelfs and bringing people online orders was the most important thing to do for this job
Pros
shitfs
Cons
pay rate
fun enviroment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJuly 20, 2017
I loved working here seasonally. I truly enjoyed making the customers happy for the holidays. The interviews were really fun. By working every year I was already trained.
Pros
Alot of employees available
Cons
the assessment survey
It was seasonal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHJuly 19, 2017
I loved working here. typical day of work would be checking out customers and straightening up the front end of the store again learned cash register. I believe the most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with the customers
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
it was just seasonal
Toys are nice to be around
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 19, 2017
The toys were gray to be around however the management was not. Very unhelpful when it came to teaching and 'training ' the new employees. I learned most of my job on my own.
Pros
Toys
Cons
No smoke breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toys 'R' Us. Our community is ready to answer.