Toys 'R' Us
3,875 reviews

Toys 'R' Us Employer Reviews

N/A
Cashier (Former Employee), Union, NJMarch 3, 2015
It was a horrible experience, the workers were rude. I dreaded going there everyday. The customers were very nice but the workers made it very hard to be there.
It was alright.
Front Desk Cashier (Former Employee), Dothan, ALMarch 3, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: no cell phones on the floor
I answered the main phone, checkouts, layaways, online orders, straightened the shelves, intercom announcements, and greeted every guest at the front desk.
Enjoyable work place and Productive
Sales & Bay Area Associate (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 3, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Great environment to improve your customer service skills, and also great flexible hours. Sometimes it was chaotic with other employees.
Fun place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILMarch 3, 2015
Pros: got to listen to own music when closed.
Cons: very little non-seasonal hours
Mostly seasonal support and overnight work.

Co-workers are fun to work with and helpful.

Management could do better on scheduling.

Typically the work was the same day to day and was easy to predict what needed to be done next.
na
Guest Services (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMarch 3, 2015
was a fun place to work and fun people to work with. enjoyed the customer but did not feel valued as a worker. discounts and scheduling were always a plus but did not like the hrs of closing
Great people to work with and great environment to work in.
Store manager, big box retail (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 3, 2015
· Provided direction for all staff within my team, completing performance assessments, providing constructive feedback and follow up training.
· Providing exceptional customer service creating energy excitement and driving sales.
· LMS Product knowledge training to achieve maximum sales and customer satisfaction.
· Associate on boarding process and bench succession planning.
· MIT training program.
· Associate electronic scheduling to maximize customer service and engagement.
· Execution of store layout and plan-o-gram, phase changes,
· Freight receiving and logistics, freight flow operations.
A typical day at a toy retail store
Maintenance (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAMarch 2, 2015
I was there for only seasonal. In the beginning it was problem as it was only my 2nd job and the management was all off. I did basics of cleaning the bathrooms, sweeping the store, and cart retrieval along with customer service. There wasn't much hard part of the job itself
worst
stock (Former Employee), yorktown, nyMarch 2, 2015
don't like the work as a long term place to work but it is something good just to earn extra pocket cash. no opportunities offered in this company and they will just use you promise one thing and give you another and let you go.
Only seasonal for Christmas season
Seasonal Stocker (Former Employee), Dedham, MAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: seeing all of the new toys come out since i have young children
Cons: wanting to buy everything
Work was steady always busy with stocking shelves and assisting customers with their shopping needs. The hardest part of the job was trying to put items away and making sure no customers were impacted with the number of boxes on the floor.
Employers were rude
Cashier (Former Employee), Stockton, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: potluck
Cons: short breaks, no benefits, horrible managing
Arrived to work, was told to grab a basket and restock the shelves and clean up the isles every day. I learned that people you work with are not always nice and the way they treat you depends on how they would like to treat you.The managers did not care how my coworkers treated me. My coworkers were rude and because they worked there longer than me they were given more hours to work. was having to deal with rude co workers. The little kid's faces would light up when I would help them find a toy.
Fun
Bike Assembler/Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 28, 2015
My job at toys r us was fun and I loved to go to work everyday. I enjoyed helping customers the place was always busy so something to do.
General review
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: 10% discouint, easy holiday and b-day shopping for kids, can be fun and exciting at times
Cons: very chaotic during the holiday and summer seasons. lots of turnover with management and personnel.
It's a fun part time job. The people I work with are great. Can get chaotic during the holiday season. Difficult to get full time work/upward mobility.
Fun Place to Work, Most of the Time
o Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Babies R Us 9250February 27, 2015
Pros: location, flexibility
As an Assistant Manager I wore many hats in one day. I learned in this position how important it was to follow up with my team individually to show them the how and whys of what I am asking them to do. I enjoy results and was able to see many with every job I've had. The hardest part of this job was handling my store manager when she would break down into tears before a corporate visit.
Its a great place to work
Cart Attendant (Former Employee), PeoriaFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: it was fine
Cons: not much
The work environment was great. Everyone was friendly and really nice and we all got along. My manager was very generous, he paid for so many of our pizza parties out of his own pocket. He was awesome.
getting along with team members and helping each other
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Braintree, MAFebruary 26, 2015
i enjoy the people i work with, most enjoyable was seeing children as newborns and before you know it they are 10, a day at work included answering phones, waiting on customers, doing a few things on the computer, working on a cash register and also doing markdowns for apparell
fun and productive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Eugene, ORFebruary 26, 2015
it was a great place to work for seasonal.. management was awesome. except the person who comes in at night and is really picky
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Duluth, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Described merchandise and explain operation of merchandise to customers.
Maintained knowledge of current promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
Operated a cash register to process cash, check and credit card transactions.
Explained information about the quality, value and style of products to Influence customer buying decisions.
Replenished floor stock and processed shipments to ensure product availability for customers.
work place
Manager of Sales & Use Tax (Current Employee), Wayne, NJFebruary 25, 2015
very challenging and an always working environment with all new ideas being implemented across all areas of retail. Kept busy at all times but not enough room for career advancement or education.
Not really a great place
Baby Registry Associate, Crossed-trained (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: get to work with toys
Cons: benefits suck, hours never consistent, had to kiss butts to get promotions that never lasted
The store that I worked at, you really had to kiss butts to get ahead anywhere as far as promotions. Hours were never consistent. one week you had 30 hrs, the next you only had 5.
Seasonal
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Rockville, MDFebruary 25, 2015
I do not remember much about the job. I could say the manger was very nice with giving extra hours. it was an seasonal job while I attend high school.

1 2 3 4 5

About Toys 'R' Us

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated – Read more